***Official 2006 Step 1 Results Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AwesomeO-DO

robot voice]I am AwesomeO
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I may not be the first to take Step one in 2006, but I gotta be close, so I declare the 2006 Step 1 forum OPEN. It may lay dormant for some time, but some day the class of 2008 will thank me for getting things ready for them. Don't worry, I set the bar pretty low. How low you ask? well.... less than 240 and more than 182. All I care is that I don't have to take that damn test again. They say then next few are easier. We'll see........

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, do you think you could post your experience on the exam, maybe in this thread? How hard you thought it was, what was emphasized, what you did to prepare, etc. Thank you so much!

quideam said:
Hey, do you think you could post your experience on the exam, maybe in this thread? How hard you thought it was, what was emphasized, what you did to prepare, etc. Thank you so much!
Prep:
3300 Q bank questions in 28 days..... i thought that was a bit much but I did it anyways
had gone through a 6 month kaplan course 10 months prior for the COMLEX Level 1 in June of 05. and prepared my FA book during that prep, so all I did before the USMLE was reread my FA over and over and do Q-bank a few months before the test
I was only looking for a passing score, so if you are a gunner you probably don't want to take it as easy as I did.
As for my experience, I thought the test was easy, only 350 questions, I was use to doing 400 Q-bank questions practice tests. I got done in under 6 hours. The difficulty of the exam was not very hard. I thought there were questions any idiot could get right. and then there were questions I thought no one could have even guessed at since there were A-K options. My theme i feel was Heart disease, lots of MI Q's, HTN, and CHF.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha Ha Suckas . . . I am done with step I as of this afternoon!

Tons of cardiovascular drugs, nearly all my micro was viral. It wasn't too bad. I thought it was easier than Qbank, but we will see when the scores come back.

AwesomeO-DO said:
Prep:
3300 Q bank questions in 28 days..... i thought that was a bit much but I did it anyways
had gone through a 6 month kaplan course 10 months prior for the COMLEX Level 1 in June of 05. and prepared my FA book during that prep, so all I did before the USMLE was reread my FA over and over and do Q-bank a few months before the test
I was only looking for a passing score, so if you are a gunner you probably don't want to take it as easy as I did.
As for my experience, I thought the test was easy, only 350 questions, I was use to doing 400 Q-bank questions practice tests. I got done in under 6 hours. The difficulty of the exam was not very hard. I thought there were questions any idiot could get right. and then there were questions I thought no one could have even guessed at since there were A-K options. My theme i feel was Heart disease, lots of MI Q's, HTN, and CHF.

Out of curiosity, how did you do on COMLEX when you took that? How would you compare them?

Most of UVM's class of '08 took step 1 throughout the month of February. I think we're one of the earliest to take the exam. We start clerkships in March of our second year.

so it sounds like taking an extra look at all-things-cardiovascular might be beneficial before taking this beast.

I was wondering how certain question trends have been in the past if anyone knows. For example, if I hear another 10 or 20 people say that cardio was really important, is it likely that it will be heavily emphasized on the test I take in mid-June?

And before someone starts rambling away, I am not a fool. I realize that I can't generalize a test like Step 1 to the comments of a few random people on SDN. I'm just curious, and I have heard comments about past tests where people say one topic was heavily emphasized or they make remarks about how they should not have wasted time on certain subjects or material because they only noticed a small handful of related questions on the real thing.

DW3843 said:
so it sounds like taking an extra look at all-things-cardiovascular might be beneficial before taking this beast.

I was wondering how certain question trends have been in the past if anyone knows. For example, if I hear another 10 or 20 people say that cardio was really important, is it likely that it will be heavily emphasized on the test I take in mid-June?

And before someone starts rambling away, I am not a fool. I realize that I can't generalize a test like Step 1 to the comments of a few random people on SDN. I'm just curious, and I have heard comments about past tests where people say one topic was heavily emphasized or they make remarks about how they should not have wasted time on certain subjects or material because they only noticed a small handful of related questions on the real thing.

We were told that the number of questions on a particular topic is proportional to the prevalence of the disease. That is how I would approach it. That being said, it didn't seem like there were many questions about type II diabetes.

THP said:
We were told that the number of questions on a particular topic is proportional to the prevalence of the disease. That is how I would approach it. That being said, it didn't seem like there were many questions about type II diabetes.

Somebody lied to you.

Just got back from taking Step 1. The frist block, even the frist question, was rough for me. I don't know if I just got unlucky or needed a warm-up. Overall, I didn't think the test was hard, but I hesitate to say I think I did well on it. Everytime I think I do well on something, I always seem to do poorly. I will say I thought it was middle-of-the-road difficulty though.

Idiopathic said:
Somebody lied to you.

I don't know. I though most of the questions revolved around the more prevalent diseases. I had maybe 1 or 2 questions about rare inborn errors of metabolism.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am going to get a 230,,, will post when I get the results.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
posted 6 weeks later:......

Got score back. I got 228.

ag006j said:
Most of UVM's class of '08 took step 1 throughout the month of February. I think we're one of the earliest to take the exam. We start clerkships in March of our second year.

I was in your new library during my spring break in March (I'm a Columbia P&S '08) -- so THAT's why I didn't see anyone else but me studying from FA!

I'll be back up in May-June to study before my exam (June 9). My boyfriend lives in Burlington, and I thought it would be nice to get away from my regular environment to take the test. And see him, of course. I'll be taking it in Williston. Do you have any thoughts on the test ctr?

And if there are any UVM Med folks who would like to meet up for coffee, drinks, blading on the bike path, hiking Ellen and Abraham (my last two mts over 4,000 ft in Vermont to do!), whatever... let me know! I'm always up in Burlington and would love to meet some new people.

I got my score back today! Exactly 3 weeks from the test date, so keep a look out.

Because I'm pretty sure I am anonymous I will go ahead and post my score, also because I'm pretty stoked.

240. 10 pts higher than the NBME practice I took 3 days before the test.

Congrats!! that is an awesome score. what form did you take three days before the test? and how did you feel after you took the test?

THP said:
I got my score back today! Exactly 3 weeks from the test date, so keep a look out.

Because I'm pretty sure I am anonymous I will go ahead and post my score, also because I'm pretty stoked.

Congrats THP!!!!! That's awsome :). Btw, did you ever post your "experience" (preparation, Qbank percentiles, etc?) If not, would you mind posting in the next few days? Thank you so much and congrats again!!

quideam said:
Congrats THP!!!!! That's awsome :). Btw, did you ever post your "experience" (preparation, Qbank percentiles, etc?) If not, would you mind posting in the next few days? Thank you so much and congrats again!!

Thanks guys for the good thoughts.

My experience:

Kaplan's MedEssentials was my primary source (the book not the web stuff - which was pretty much useless). I studied in a systems based approach. After going through MedEssentials I read through 1st aid and tried to make any connections or learn points that weren't in ME. I also spent quite a bit of time with BRS path. In fact, I had several questions directly from the cumulative exam at the back of the book. I also used Lange Pharm cards and Lippincotts micro cards. I focused extra time on these 2 sources because I felt weakest in them. I made flash cards of things I had trouble remembering and would go over them once at night before I went to bed. In no way did I try to memorize first aid, that would have been a collossal waste of time.

Q-bank: overall percentage was 69%, I completed 100% of it, doing only random blocks of 50.

I ended up doing 3 of the NBME exams. The one I took right before the test was form 3. I was also feeling pretty sick when I took it so that might have affected the score.

I definitely felt I had passed after taking the test, I thought qbank was more difficult. My very 1st block was really easy, I can't imagine I missed more than a couple of questions. The blocks after lunch were much more difficult. It seemed to get harder and harder.

Months before exam felt very unprepared though did good with school exams. Attempted to study from Board review series, First Aid, school notes and text.

Result: 179/73 = FAIL :(

Paid for Kaplan Vid library. Watched vids from Kaplan center opening to close every other day. Did this for 2 months. On days not spent at center, reviewed material learned on previous day. Studied primarily from Kaplan texts. Retook exam.

Result: 205/83 = :D

After having this experience, I have some advice that can be helpful:

1) Really learn the material the first time around in yr 1 and 2. I did not do this and it pretty much led me to be screwed for Step 1. Learn + understand + don't forget it. Review stuff u learn in class wnen u have time so that u will retain the information.

2) Get help if you feel u need it. Don't be hesitant to ask for help, don't be afraid to enroll in a $2000 class.

3) Start studying early.

4) What works for others may not work for u, find what works for u, find what review books/resources work for u.

THP said:

CONGRATS THP!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

mugen99 said:
Months before exam felt very unprepared though did good with school exams. Attempted to study from Board review series, First Aid, school notes and text.

Paid for Kaplan Vid library. Watched vids from Kaplan center opening to close every other day. Did this for 2 months. On days not spent at center, reviewed material learned on previous day. Studied primarily from Kaplan texts. Retook exam.

1) Really learn the material the first time around in yr 1 and 2. I did not do this and it pretty much led me to be screwed for Step 1. Learn + understand + don't forget it. Review stuff u learn in class wnen u have time so that u will retain the information.

2) Get help if you feel u need it. Don't be hesitant to ask for help, don't be afraid to enroll in a $2000 class.

3) Start studying early.

4) What works for others may not work for u, find what works for u, find what review books/resources work for u.
Nice job mugen99...CONGRATS!!!! :thumbup:

mugen99 said:

3) Start studying early.

Congrats!! glad it went well. :D

Do you have a schedule on how you studied?

ALso where can I get teh NBME exams?

Thanks

SAT: 1540
MCAT: 33
Class rank: lower half
Step 1: 234/95

I studied for a little less than four weeks, 8 AM-4 PM with lunch break, Sundays off. I enjoy studying in a lot of depth, not memorizing details- I loved every minute of my month off and would do it all over again. In the end, I'm pleased with my score although 240 would have been nice.

NBME test: Not sure which one (provided by school): took this right at the start, got something equivalent to 208 on comprehensive, 220 on Pathology-specific section.

Q-bank: overall 67%, started around 55-60%, ended 70-85%, random unused questions. Finished almost all of it.

Books: Threw First Aid in the garbage in the first week (too painful and boring); studied from Robbin's (read almost entire book over two years of med school) BRS Path, Kaplan notes, Kastanzo physiology, Micro made Simple. I focused mostly on pathophys and Micro, and I skipped studying both biochem and anatomy because I figured I was too far gone in those to even pick up very much.(ended up doing well in both anyway) Lowest section on my USMLE was something I "starred" on my NBME the month before. Did better on gross anatomy (bombed this in school) than genetics, my favorite subject that I've always rocked. Go figure.

Any verbal people who love books with complete sentences, real paragraphs and logical explanations-don't be afraid to chuck First Aid just because so many swear by it. The only way it would have helped me is if I'd used it through classes, and even then I don't think I could tolerate its random factoid approach for long. Reading a lot of real books along the way did help me- The only explanation for my anatomy and biochem scores are that I must have picked up a general understanding from Robbins or from studying specific disease processes. Way less painful than studying gross itself, in my opinion.

To the people who posted their scores and study schedules last year, thanks so much- I felt like I knew exactly where I stood going into the exam. I hope this helps someone too.

To those still studying-good luck! Just remember that no matter what the score, it probably won't keep you from feeling like a complete idiot on the wards at first (at least, it's not helping me!)

AtomKr said:
SAT: 1540
MCAT: 33
Class rank: lower half
Step 1: 234/95

I studied for a little less than four weeks, 8 AM-4 PM with lunch break, Sundays off. I enjoy studying in a lot of depth, not memorizing details- I loved every minute of my month off and would do it all over again. In the end, I'm pleased with my score although 240 would have been nice.

NBME test: Not sure which one (provided by school): took this right at the start, got something equivalent to 208 on comprehensive, 220 on Pathology-specific section.

Q-bank: overall 67%, started around 55-60%, ended 70-85%, random unused questions. Finished almost all of it.

Books: Threw First Aid in the garbage in the first week (too painful and boring); studied from Robbin's (read almost entire book over two years of med school) BRS Path, Kaplan notes, Kastanzo physiology, Micro made Simple. I focused mostly on pathophys and Micro, and I skipped studying both biochem and anatomy because I figured I was too far gone in those to even pick up very much.(ended up doing well in both anyway) Lowest section on my USMLE was something I "starred" on my NBME the month before. Did better on gross anatomy (bombed this in school) than genetics, my favorite subject that I've always rocked. Go figure.

Any verbal people who love books with complete sentences, real paragraphs and logical explanations-don't be afraid to chuck First Aid just because so many swear by it. The only way it would have helped me is if I'd used it through classes, and even then I don't think I could tolerate its random factoid approach for long. Reading a lot of real books along the way did help me- The only explanation for my anatomy and biochem scores are that I must have picked up a general understanding from Robbins or from studying specific disease processes. Way less painful than studying gross itself, in my opinion.

To the people who posted their scores and study schedules last year, thanks so much- I felt like I knew exactly where I stood going into the exam. I hope this helps someone too.

To those still studying-good luck! Just remember that no matter what the score, it probably won't keep you from feeling like a complete idiot on the wards at first (at least, it's not helping me!)

Congrats! you should be very proud of your score. Those numbers are not easy to get!

for those that took it already recently, were the questions lengthy? like huge paragraphs?

YouDontKnowJack said:
for those that took it already recently, were the questions lengthy? like huge paragraphs?

No not all the questions. There were a few lengthy ones.Some questions were just a few sentences. On my exam, it seemed like most of the long questions were behavioral science. But, its really not that bad.

lot of people on this thread encouraging to chuck first aid. there's a new way of thinking!

MDFACC said:
lot of people on this thread encouraging to chuck first aid. there's a new way of thinking!

First Aid is good in gathering the most important facts in one place. In addition, it is very high yield when it comes to "topics/concepts" being tested. However, it does not tell you how these concepts will be asked. So, as far as getting rid of First Aid? I am not sure. I think it depends on how people use it. All the facts in first aid are extremely important but dont get fooled by just memorizing first aid. Instead, know and understand how the facts/concepts tie together. However, some topics just have to be memorized (like some topics in embryo and pharm) Looking back at my test, I really felt that even if I had firt aid in front of me it would have only helped me on a few questions directly. But, it is still a very good source to keep up with on a consistent basis. That is why I think to get the most out of first aid it should be used along with your classes.

Firt aid embryology and pharm are really really good. However, if anyone feels weak in a particular area of pharm then go w/ pharm recall, kaplan pharm, or some other source that you prefer.
Just my 2 cents, I have not recieved my scores yet, so I guess just take my and anyone elses advice with a grain of salt, except Big Frank's. He's right on the money. Good luck.

I use my First Aid with everything, but like most, I wouldn't be able to use it cold. I've been taking notes in it all along. Right now I'm doing a little bit of embryology on the side of class work, and I put notes into the margins... it's getting pretty full, actually!!

I recommend doing this. Then, when you go back to review everything one last time, it's all in one place! (At least, that's what I'm planning on doing. Heaven forbit I lose my FA somewhere.)

Step 1 256/99

Here is my information for those interested in trying to read the tea leaves of their coming boards. I found it useful to look at other scores and study plans and see where I stood and figure out where to go.

-SAT - 1380 (Went to a small town school with a great agriculture program...but nothing else. Zero prep for college bound students.)
-undergrad gpa 3.7 (With lots of units and research and activities.)
-MCAT 36 - 12V,12P,12B
-med school rank - guessing top 10%.
-Qbank 73%, not random, all timed, (finished 1 week b4 exam).
-Step 1 released items = 81% (2 weeks b4 exam).
-Robbins Pathology Questions averaged 70% finished every question
-NBME form 1 207 (6wks b4 exam to see where I stood).
-Breakfast = Bagel, egg, decaf coffee....now I can't even look at 'em.
-Music = Manu Chao & Motorcycle Diaries sound Track
-Study Break - Poker/Swimming

Study plan:
Took 6 wks. The first two were split between classes and light study. The last four were pretty much everyday as much as I could bear. (Sometimes 14hrs sometimes 8hrs. Usually 10hrs.) I took four days off and a couple of unexpected half days due to study fatigue. (Sometimes I know I'm fried and go find some woods or beach to enjoy.) Concentrated on Path, Phys, Pharm. Followed Jalby's advise and the last six day plan that is common on these forums. Multiple adjustments to my plan were made as I started to learn how to study based on Qbank performances and talking with friends. Pushed hard the few days before the test doing FA and other quick review sources. I swear I picked up five points the last day.

Study materials in decending order of utility:

Kaplan - I bought the big Q Review package and ended up only doing Qbank which is more than adequate. IV Qbank is just extra if you feel you need it. Started with scores in around 63% then slowly built up to where I was getting 73% on new material and 90-100% on the old questions. I did it by selecting questions on the subjects I was studying at the time. Read and understood the reason why I got any question wrong and wrote it down in notes which I reviewed at the end of the day. I hate giving money to these kaplan fear mongers...especially since their MCAT course was useless for me, but I admit the Qbank is a good product.

Goljan - His help was incredibly valuable for me...especially the notes. I think it is worth budgeting a big chunk for review of his materials.

First Aid - Primary source for pharm and biochem....don't need any more materials if you know these cold. Supplemental for the rest. I didn't take all the notes in this book, but I did learn it well...including all the little details that look useless.

BRS Phys- great book went through it 1x and areas I wasn't so good at 2x.

BRS Path- I thought it was a mixed bag with this book...definitely taught me some, but it was so bullet point-ish that I started getting sick of it.

Levinson Micro/Immuno - I thought this book was 10x better than micro made simple. Could be just a preference. I went through this book 2x for both micro and immuno.

Robbins Path question book - did all the questions. Medium yield. Challenging questions. Worth it if you have enough time.

BRS - Behavioral - great book for getting this down. 1 day read and worth every minute.
BRS - Neuroanatomy - so, so...I used my own notes in the end.

Robbins Pathology Book - made a run at reading the entire book 6m before exam...realized I was a complete nutter...and that this method was not useful for board study. (But good to actually learn the material.)

Good luck and enjoy the insanity of the USMLE

- :) OW

congrats OldWest!!!! :thumbup:
thanks for sharing your study plan and study materials you used!!! :thumbup:

OldWest said:
Step 1 256/99

-Qbank 73%, not random, all timed, (finished 1 week b4 exam).
-Step 1 released items = 81% (2 weeks b4 exam).
-Robbins Pathology Questions averaged 70% finished every question
-NBME form 1 207 (6wks b4 exam to see where I stood).

First off, congrats on a job very well done.

I have a question about the NBME scores. Do they give you an MBME score and also an "equivalent" Step 1 score? I was under the impression that 400 on NBME equals somewhere around 200 in Step 1 language.

Everyone should pay attention to the above post by OW because it is proof that solid study habits can significantly boost your scores over just a few short weeks. Take a look at those practice scores and percentages and then take a look at the final result. Again, nice job and very encouraging!

I just can't resist posting this all over the place.
Step 1 Score Estimator:
http://www.medfriends.org/step1_estimator/

DW3843 said:
First off, congrats on a job very well done.

I have a question about the NBME scores. Do they give you an MBME score and also an "equivalent" Step 1 score? I was under the impression that 400 on NBME equals somewhere around 200 in Step 1 language.

Everyone should pay attention to the above post by OW because it is proof that solid study habits can significantly boost your scores over just a few short weeks. Take a look at those practice scores and percentages and then take a look at the final result. Again, nice job and very encouraging!

I just can't resist posting this all over the place.
Step 1 Score Estimator:
http://www.medfriends.org/step1_estimator/

Thanks guys. Yes, the USMLE is more about hard work than raw intelligence. The later helps, but clearly hours invested in really absorbing the material is the most important.

The NBME tests give both a raw score then a conversion table to find the estimated USMLE score. I can't remember my exact NBME score which is why I posted the converted score of 207. (Think it was around 460...here's a table with the rough correlations... http://www.prep4usmle.com/forum/thread/10309 )

I used it early to see where I was at. It shocked me into working much harder...which was good. Considered taking it one a week before the exam, but guessed it would not improve my score since it wasn't designed as a learning tool. AND if it was low might actually make me less efficient by breaking my confidence. Plus they're too expensive.

One other tip...a buddy and I would spend a few hours a week in free form pimping sessions where we would question each other back and forth on anything and everything...trying to form the questions like the boards would...that stuff stuck really well. It is a bit ego bruising...but you have to loose that ego sometime eh?

Good luck all.

OW

congrats on the score.
what's this 6 day before the test plan u mentioned? I left about 4 days to review everything once more before the exam day, is that you mean? Any other details would be helpful

bonnie

cherrypie said:
Just my 2 cents, I have not recieved my scores yet, so I guess just take my and anyone elses advice with a grain of salt, except Big Frank's. He's right on the money. Good luck.
Oh, go on.

:love:

missbonnie said:
congrats on the score.
what's this 6 day before the test plan u mentioned? I left about 4 days to review everything once more before the exam day, is that you mean? Any other details would be helpful

bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

Yeah, the 6 day schedule is basically just intense general review...just as you have planned. (And I might have been wrong, it could only be five days plus one test day.) It starts with the day of intensive testing to get your test endurance up and see any weak spots.(I did nine hrs of Qbank (ugh), but one could do any of the prep tests... NBME, Kaplan comprehensive, etc.) The next five days are spent reviewing subjects most of the day then doing lots of questions at night. I used First Aid, the Goljan high yields, Levinson Micro and pharm flash cards a friend made for me.

Some people recommend a complete day off before the test. This may or may not be the right advice for you. I felt more comfortable reviewing the material instead of sitting around waiting. (More proof of USMLE insanity.) I did have a nice dinner and went to the gym. The last day of intense review gave me 5 questions easy...heavy pharm and Goljan High Yield.

Below is pasted the original SDN schedule which I adapted to fit my own strengths/ weaknesses.

Another quick thought for all...don't be too rigid with the schedule...find out what you need to improve and hit those areas hardest. I found that sometimes I was following a schedule just because I wrote it down when I knew it wasn't working to my best advantage.

good luck!

OW

Schedule (Last 5 days*) ->
key to a 250+ score:
*WARNING: last 5 days are the absolute meat of getting the score.
Everything you've done before
this is just a warm-up. These days are approximately 12-14 hours of studying/day. Besides eating, sleeping and working-out, you are doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE BUT STUDYING.

Day 1 - review Biochemistry, Physiology sections of First-Aid (i.e deeply study these sections and all the notes you wrote in the margins). This should take approximately 5-6 hours. In the afternoon, do 150-200 questions/answers related to Biochem, and Physiology.

Day 2 - review all small topics (i.e. Histology, Anatomy, Embryology, Neuroanatomy, Behavioral
Sciences) and Pathology sections of First-Aid plus your notes. Do 150-200 questions related to these topics.

Day 3 - review Pharmacology and Micro + Immuno sections of First-Aid plus your notes. Do 150-200 questions related to these topics.

Day 4 - review First-Aid sections/notes: Biochem, Physio, Path. Do 1 practice test from Appleton and Lange.
Do more questions related to these topics.

Day 5 (Last Day!!!) - Review First Aid sections/notes: Micro + Immuno, Pharm, and small subjects. Do second test from Appleton and Lange. Do more questions related to these topics.

My scores came in today. I am not going to give specifics because many people i know from school are always on these forums. However, I am very happy and surprised.

Kaplan Qbank 1x through: 83%
Free NBME 150 questions: 87%
NBME form 1 >238
NBME form 2> 242
NBME form 3 >254
NBME form 4 =257

Actual step 1 score >260!!!!! :eek:

Bust your a$$es studying and it will pay off!
good luck to all.

cherrypie said:
My scores came in today. I am not going to give specifics because many people i know from school are always on these forums. However, I am very happy and surprised.

NBME form 1 >238
NBME form 2> 242
NBME form 3 >254
NBME form 4 =257

good luck to all.
That's great congrats. :thumbup:

Old West kicked ass! and starting with a 207 too.
That's more encouraging than cherrypie's score, cuz cherrypie kicked ass from the get go, and doesn't represent the majority of us.
83% on qbank is way over what most people get.

Congradulations Cherry Pie! That is an incredible score. How far apart did you space your NBME tests? Also, did you use them as study tools (i.e. look up answers as you took the exam) or just as evaluations?

cherrypie said:

NBME form 1 >238
NBME form 2> 242
NBME form 3 >254
NBME form 4 =257

good luck to all.

good for you, that's a sweet ass score. i'd really like to know when you took (so i can try to figure out when i'll get my score). tia

JBlue said:
Congradulations Cherry Pie! That is an incredible score. How far apart did you space your NBME tests? Also, did you use them as study tools (i.e. look up answers as you took the exam) or just as evaluations?

I thought I heard "on the street" that the NBME doesn't provide full explanations to their answers. Can anyone confirm this?

(Or were you referring to looking up answers in one's own notes?)

King Arthur said:
good for you, that's a sweet ass score. i'd really like to know when you took (so i can try to figure out when i'll get my score). tia

If you took your exam anytime between April 15th-20th, either check with your academic affairs office or check your mailbox. minimum is 3 weeks from the date you took it, and max is about 4-6 weeks (i think).