OFFICIAL 2008 Interview Invite Thread!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I received an email from a professor inviting me to their interview day, which is Feb. 25.

Do you know if interviews were extended for Master's School Psychology applicants as well? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an email from Nova Southeastern for an interview day on March 10. Yay!! I was starting to think that I wasn't going to hear from them - but I'm happy to be invited. BTW does anyone know if Nova Southeastern have a host program? Either that or the location of cheap hotel nearby? I'm on a tight budget ><

Yes. There should be contact info (probably SGA?) in the information packet about this. Drop them a line, and they can match you up with someone.

Do you know if interviews were extended for Master's School Psychology applicants as well? Thanks

No, sorry :/
You could try emailing/calling someone at the program, though, to find out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who has interviewed at UConn (clinical psych) heard back yet/know when we should expect to hear?

Does anyone know of any of the doctoral programs that will offer admission into their masters program if you don't make the cut for doctorate? I know Teacher's college for school psych and maybe clinical too do this. Do you think they only ask people who they have interviewed?

Columbia TC just sent me admission for their master's (I applied for clinical) without giving me an interview. It's kind of random as I defintely checked the box "NOT interested" for the master's...

If anybody is waiting for Pace dont give up... I just got a call from them they're still interviewing! Good luck!

Columbia TC just sent me admission for their master's (I applied for clinical) without giving me an interview. It's kind of random as I defintely checked the box "NOT interested" for the master's...
I think they just default to it. I've heard very mixed things about the MS at TC, so anyone looking there...make sure to read through the various threads on them.

Has anyone who has interviewed at UConn (clinical psych) heard back yet/know when we should expect to hear?

UConn just finished their second round of interviews on 2/13, so we should expect to hear from them soon, I am assuming. I am also waiting to hear from UConn. Did you interview there?

Has anyone who interviewed at the University of Louisville heard anything yet/ know when we might hear something?

Has anyone who interviewed at the University of Louisville heard anything yet/ know when we might hear something?

I haven't heard anything yet....I was thinking about calling tomorrow if we still haven't heard, but I don't want to be pushy.

I haven't heard anything yet....I was thinking about calling tomorrow if we still haven't heard, but I don't want to be pushy.

Thats what I was thinking too...my POI was very nice, so I was thinking about emailing him as well, but I don't want to seem too impatient. I was just concerned because they made it seem as though they were making decisions that week.

I just received a very nice letter in the mail informing me that i'm an alternate applicant for UF. Just knowing that my application isn't being thrown out upon arrival almost made me cry!

It feels good to know i'm still in this game.

I still haven't heard anything either...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that's a good thing!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received a very nice letter in the mail informing me that i'm an alternate applicant for UF. Just knowing that my application isn't being thrown out upon arrival almost made me cry!

It feels good to know i'm still in this game.

Was that letter for the Counseling program?

Thats what I was thinking too...my POI was very nice, so I was thinking about emailing him as well, but I don't want to seem too impatient. I was just concerned because they made it seem as though they were making decisions that week.

That's a good idea. I interviewed that Monday, and they told us that it would probably take between 2-3 weeks for a decision because the graduate school had to decide on fellows. But, they said they would act quickly once the graduate school does their thing. So I am just assuming it got held up there and not the department. So who knows....I'm getting nervous though!

That's a good idea. I interviewed that Monday, and they told us that it would probably take between 2-3 weeks for a decision because the graduate school had to decide on fellows. But, they said they would act quickly once the graduate school does their thing. So I am just assuming it got held up there and not the department. So who knows....I'm getting nervous though!

Thanks for the information. They didnt mention the 2-3 week timetable during the Friday interviews. If you dont mind me asking, who is your POI?

Is it fair to assume that if I haven't heard from the psyD program at PGSP-Stanford that I won't be hearing from them at all at this point?

thanks!

Is it fair to assume that if I haven't heard from the psyD program at PGSP-Stanford that I won't be hearing from them at all at this point?

thanks!

You might want to search the thread from last year (link in the first post, do a "search within the thread" for PGSP), as I think they may have done later interviews than a lot of the programs.

I think they just default to it. I've heard very mixed things about the MS at TC, so anyone looking there...make sure to read through the various threads on them.

I did my master's at TC - if anyone has any questions feel free to contact me!

Just got an email from Nova Southeastern for an interview day on March 10. Yay!! I was starting to think that I wasn't going to hear from them - but I'm happy to be invited. BTW does anyone know if Nova Southeastern have a host program? Either that or the location of cheap hotel nearby? I'm on a tight budget ><

Congratulations on your invite to the Nova Southeastern Interview Day!!! I have also applied there but have yet to hear any news from the program (and hope that I am a consideration and invitee also).

Would it be wrong to assume that I will not be extended an offer considering that some applicants have been contacted re: the interview at this point, or are offers extended over a period of days-week?

I have an interview coming and would like to know (asap) if I may have to prepare a trip to Nova in March.

For those of you wondering about UConn (Clinical PhD)...

I emailed my POI (he had asked me to tell him where UConn stood in my list of schools once I figured it out, so he wouldn't accept someone who would potentially not go there, etc) to let him know how I felt about UConn, and this was part of his reply:

"The faculty is meeting tomorrow to discuss candidates so we will know more in the next few days. Stay tuned."

Hope that alleviates some concern!

Would it be wrong to assume that I will not be extended an offer considering that some applicants have been contacted re: the interview at this point, or are offers extended over a period of days-week?

I think all of the invites went out awhile ago, though you could always drop admissions a phone call/e-mail.

I tried calling last week and was unable to get a person on the phone. Should we try again?

Don't know if anyone else has heard from VT, but depending on personal interpretation, I received potentially promising news today. I bit the bullet and e-mailed the DCT and the response was: we are hosting an interview day shortly but also planning another for the future.
I was skeptical of the cryptic message but low and behold received an e-mail several hours later from my POI for a phone interview. Fingers crossed for everyone...

I was there that Monday as well, and I started freaking out because it has been 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything! :eek: I feel better now knowing that no one else has heard anything back either. I hope for all of our sakes that SOMETHING happens soon!:luck:

I noticed you had Southern Illinois's adult clinical open house listed, but I just figured I'd also say that child clinical has their open house those same 2 days (2/24 and 2/25) :)

Don't know if anyone else has heard from VT, but depending on personal interpretation, I received potentially promising news today. I bit the bullet and e-mailed the DCT and the response was: we are hosting an interview day shortly but also planning another for the future.
I was skeptical of the cryptic message but low and behold received an e-mail several hours later from my POI for a phone interview. Fingers crossed for everyone...

Congrats and good luck! Just out of curiosity, did you find out when is the interview day?

Has anyone heard anything at all about Yale yet?

I know way back that someone said they had gotten a phone call from two faculty and had a phone interview on 1/22, but I don't think that person has posted again since then.

It looks like social psych invites/rejects have gone out, but no official word on clinical? Looking back on old threads, it seems that they rejected people a lot sooner than this before (like, beginning of February).

Does anyone know if they for sure have interviews and that any hope is probably gone, or, do they go by paper and just haven't come to a decision yet?

Is no news potential good news?

I know way back that someone said they had gotten a phone call from two faculty and had a phone interview on 1/22, but I don't think that person has posted again since then.

It looks like social psych invites/rejects have gone out, but no official word on clinical? Looking back on old threads, it seems that they rejected people a lot sooner than this before (like, beginning of February).

Does anyone know if they for sure have interviews and that any hope is probably gone, or, do they go by paper and just haven't come to a decision yet?

I'm pretty sure that Yale has done all of their interviews for clinical. I think all offers have been extended (at least for their first round and I don't think many people turn down Yale) but I could be wrong. Hope that helps!

It looks like social psych invites/rejects have gone out

Some have, not all. I applied for social and I've yet to be rejected.

It's Yale... that's as close as I come to optimism.

I seriously need to make Eeyore my avatar.

I know a bit about what is going on with Yale because I know someone who is currently a grad student there. I know that they have already conducted all interviews and extended acceptances. However, I also know that this is the first year Yale has been allowed to have a waiting list for their clinical psych grad program. What I don't know is whether the waiting list is made up of those students who have interviewed and then not made first cut or whether they dip into the rest of the applicant pool. I also applied and have not heard back either way, and have been wondering what is the deal because I think I saw at some point that someone recieved a rejection letter.

So, not all hope is gone, but I'm not really holding my breath waiting for a spot. It is surprising, though, people do turn down Yale because the research interests don't match. I think last year 2-3 people didn't accept. Hope this helps!

For those of you wondering about UConn (Clinical PhD)...

I emailed my POI (he had asked me to tell him where UConn stood in my list of schools once I figured it out, so he wouldn't accept someone who would potentially not go there, etc) to let him know how I felt about UConn, and this was part of his reply:

"The faculty is meeting tomorrow to discuss candidates so we will know more in the next few days. Stay tuned."

Hope that alleviates some concern!

Thank you so much for the news!

I think all of the invites went out awhile ago, though you could always drop admissions a phone call/e-mail.

Update - I just spoke to a rep at Nova and she mentioned that interview days have been scheduled for March 3rd and 10th. She also mentioned that they are not done sending out all invites for the March 10th day, so those still waiting (myself included) still may have a chance.

I just received an email from the School Psych program director inviting me to interview with them on 2/25 or 3/3.

Would someone who has already interviewed at American mind saying what the process was like? Like did you interview with the whole faculty, or one person in particular, etc. You can PM me if you prefer. :)

Would someone who has already interviewed at American mind saying what the process was like? Like did you interview with the whole faculty, or one person in particular, etc. You can PM me if you prefer. :)

Or, rather than PM, why don't you post it anonomously on the interview database section? :)

I'm interviewing there within the next couple of weeks. If you could post an interview feedback form or PM me that would be great!

thanks!

I just called PGSP-Stanford (after reading your post :p) and the Director of Admissions said that all the interview invites have NOT been sent out yet - they have about 20 spots left to fill!! :) (I also asked him if they have a wait-list and he said they don't.) He said they have already had a handful of interviews, however.

Good luck to you and all the other people waiting to hear back (still)!!

Funny, I checked the webportal again to see the status (I know they barely received your transcripts xlittlemissalix) of my application and now it says:

Admission Status: DEPARTMENT REVIEWING FILE FOR PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY Admission Status Date: FEBRUARY 13, 2008 Application Basis: SATISFACTORY GPA
So nice to know that 5 days after they extended invites, the department began reviewing my file based on my "satisfactory" GPA :thumbdown:

I was wondering if anyone had heard about any acceptances at Wash U or at Vanderbilt? Thanks!

Does anyone know for the Nova S.E. (Clinical Ph.D.) interviews if the group interview is 1 interviewee with a few faculty, or a few interviewees with faculty? Also, if anyone knows anything about program funding (if there is any), that would be great! Thanks!

Does anyone know for the Nova S.E. (Clinical Ph.D.) interviews if the group interview is 1 interviewee with a few faculty, or a few interviewees with faculty? Also, if anyone knows anything about program funding (if there is any), that would be great! Thanks!

There are a number of interviews throughout the day. There is an interview 1 on 1 with faculty, an interview as a small group with a different faculty member, and an interview with 1 or 2 current grad students. There are some other things throughout the day (campus tour, open time to catch up with faculty members, lunch, etc).

There is some funding available, but it depends on the grant research money (typically you have to be a program coordinator and/or a major part of the research team). There are also TA positions and some scholarships. Unfortunately funding should be better and they are working on it. Rather frustrating in retrospect.

so, it is a small group of interviewees with 1 faculty member?

Thanks for the the info!

There are a number of interviews throughout the day. There is an interview 1 on 1 with faculty, an interview as a small group with a different faculty member, and an interview with 1 or 2 current grad students. There are some other things throughout the day (campus tour, open time to catch up with faculty members, lunch, etc).

What is the focus of the group interview? Will it be based upon individual questions, answers, response, or interaction? (probably all of the above and as usual i'm overthinking the process). If anyone has any questions as to the schedule I received information in the mail yesterday and will be happy to share any needed information.

AndieB

so, it is a small group of interviewees with 1 faculty member?

One of the interviews should be 4-5 applicants and 1 faculty member who will ask various questions of the group. They invite a lot of people to the interview day, but people are on different schedules throughout the day, so hopefully it won't be that hectic....though there always seems to be a bunch of people trying to hunt down the same handful of professors, so that is always fun trying to give everyone directions. "look for a group of students, and that is probably one of the offices you want" :laugh:

What is the focus of the group interview? Will it be based upon individual questions, answers, response, or interaction? (probably all of the above and as usual i'm overthinking the process). If anyone has any questions as to the schedule I received information in the mail yesterday and will be happy to share any needed information.

AndieB

To tell you the truth, I can't recall what they ask about in the group interviews. I'm guessing they want to learn more about each applicant. As interviews go, I think NSU was one of the more relaxed one....though it depends on who interviews you. The hardest questions will probably come from the grad students.....we always seem to know what to ask. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.