Official 2008 Step 1 Score Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lipofuscin232

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok since nobody has made one yet I figured I'd start it since scores should be posted in less than 5 min! Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
220/91...really, really wanted 230, but who am I kidding, I'm still ecstatic. I'm pretty dead set on EM, and I'm hoping this will allow me to do just that.

Not an SDN score, but I'm happy and about to celebrate with a beer.

I took it on 06/28 and my score is not shown. Now I enter this phase of obsessively-compulsively checking email every 5 min for the next several weeks.

271/99

wow I am in shock still. I had no idea when I left the test what I made.
must rise early so goodnite

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty nuts- I'm freakin out here! Never thought I'd do that well

Last edited:
I think I might throw up in a little bit. Had a teensy bit too much EtOH tonight. Thank God I'm on family med right now. :)

Congrats to all!!! Well done!!!

Last edited:
got to wake up at 5:30 and Im on overnight call tomorrow but I cant sleep...congrats on those that did well...Im happy with my score :)

250 -

dissappointed after scoring in the 260's on NBME - but I definitely felt like I scored in the 235-240 range coming out of the exam and felt horrible. so I'd take it. hopefully it doesn't stop me from getting competitive specialties

Congrats everyone!

250 -

dissappointed after scoring in the 260's on NBME - but I definitely felt like I scored in the 235-240 range coming out of the exam and felt horrible. so I'd take it. hopefully it doesn't stop me from getting competitive specialties

Congrats everyone!

only on sdn...:laugh:

Congratulations all! Your amazing scores will not deter me from merging this thread with the real official score thread, but I'll keep them separate while the scores keep coming in

Well folks. I'll be the first one to admit that I bombed it. 202. I'm so upset that I will probably not sleep for days and I'm on my surgery rotation so that makes matters even worse. Considering how bad I felt coming out of that exam, I guess I should be happy to have passed it at all. Oh well I didn't go to medical school to be any specific specialty at the time. I guess I should just be happy for the opportunity to be an MD at all. Goodbye anesthesia, hello family practice in Alaska. Congrats to all who did well, and my condolences to all who did not. I need a hug...:(

Sorry for the delay (for all zero of you who were waiting for me to post), I was talking to family.

257/99

ecstatic. derm, here I come!

250 -

Congrats everyone!
Statements like that make me want to ----> :bang:

congrats Brisket. very glad that you're happy! its been encouraging to have studied with you guys and we def got thru this beast together.

thanks bud! to be honest, i was almost more excited to get into SDN and share my news with my new weird family than my actual family and friends. who knew a bunch of anonymous people whom I'll never meet would play such an influential role in my life.

good times everyone! we did it! the beast is slayed. step 2 is a little baby bitch, so it's smooth sailing from here on out, or so i'll keep telling myself until i start my OB rotation.

257/99.....thank the great Lord.

I just want everyone who went through this thing to know that no matter how much it ate away at our souls, we made it through. I commend each and every one of you and even though the journey will always be the most important part, we can move toward the destination with more ease. Way to close this chapter of your life. I have much respect for each and every one of you on this board and those reading this because not an ounce of hard work goes unrewarded ultimately in the end. GOOD luck to my fellow brethren. Here's to remembering why we're gonna do this...

did anyone else notice that the average was 222?? does that seem high??? not to steal anyone's thunder...i'm still stoked about my score and it wasn't nearly as good as all yall's!

just wondering - where did you find the average and standard deviation information?

did anyone else notice that the average was 222?? does that seem high??? not to steal anyone's thunder...i'm still stoked about my score and it wasn't nearly as good as all yall's!

yea, higher mean and only slightly smaller std dev. don't know what thats about...it could reflect trends in general scoring (which i hard to believe given the nature of a standard normal distrbiution and mean adjustment) or it could reflect the nature of the cohort who took this best post May 16th. frankly, most of the top med schools have their exam during this period so it could reflect that. i really don't know...somehow, still, my score it supposed to be comparable to the many others that have come before us...

I haven't taken mine yet - next tuesday i get part one of my freedom - but I have to hand it all of you - all you guys and gals are bunch of bad @$$ b!!tches when it comes to thing - your scores are downright nasty - I saw a couple of 271's thrown in there - i didn't even know people actually came that close to 300 - crazy - though these scores are highly irrepresentative of the general population, I can't help but feel you have raised the bar for what I want to do to this test considering SDN is really the extent of my social network during these last couple months....Good luck to you all in becoming the neuropsychohepatologists you aspire to be..

In case anyone was wondering, here are the percentiles based on the new mean and standard distribution:

10th percentile- 194
20th percentile- 203
30th percentile- 210
40th percentile- 216
50th percentile- 222
60th percentile- 227
65th percentile- 230
70th percentile- 233
75th percentile -237
80th percentile- 240
84th percentile- 244
88th percentile- 247
90th percentile- 250
93rd percentile- 254
95th percentile- 258
96th percentile- 260
97th percentile- 263
98th percentile- 267
98.7 percentile- 271
99th percentile- 273

250 -

Congrats everyone!

garden_hutch350.jpg

229/95... don't know if I should be happy or not after I saw all the stellar grades. I went to a public city college in the US, and a caribbean school that isn't one of the well known schools. I really wanted to do plastics or ortho.. am I completely ruined now :(