Official 2008 Step 1 Score Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lipofuscin232

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok since nobody has made one yet I figured I'd start it since scores should be posted in less than 5 min! Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Here is my score report for the doubters. I have been reading posts here for two years. Just a new poster.

Attachments

• RetrieveDocument.pdf
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,202
Here is my score report for the doubters. I have been reading posts here for two years. Just a new poster.

it is so sad that someone like boarditis has to post his score report in order for people to believe him.

some of the current SDNers really need to work on their insecurities.

if anybody thinks that the highest scorers in Step 1 are all long-term members of SDN, then they are heading sor a serious reality.

Members don't see this ad :)

This image has been Photoshopped. I can tell from the pixels and having seen a few 'shops in my time.

(Just kidding, congrats!)

eh, it happens every year

NBME should print out step 1 scores on ugly misshapen ballsacks. That way people would be less apt to share their score, simply due to the sheer ugliness of the canvas on which it's presented. Plus, it'd be too lewd for SDN, and would be cut by the moderator.

oh, and for those who haven't noticed, yes I am obsessed with ballsacks. what can I say, they're just a special sort of meaty trouser dweller. the sort of friend that will stick with you through thick and thin.

I guess the reason why some people may want "proof" is because this forum is basically constantly filled with people who are getting spectacular results; almost too good to be true.

I'm not saying that I have that mindset,,,,, just wrote that as a potential explanation for why anyone would want "proof".

internetseriousbusinessbp7.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
i give up.. for what its worth i appreciate all the great advice i have received here over the last yr. If anyone has any questions on my perspective on the test let me know.

fyi..i used to post under a different name but had to change it

Dr.TobiasFünke;6929357 said:
moreover, it seems by the number of posts that he only joined SDN to share his USMLE score... er fake USMLE score i mean

ur funny.

Ok I know I am a little late to the party but I wound up with 232/97. I would have liked 240 but was aiming for 230, so I'm happy.

Ok I know I am a little late to the party but I wound up with 232/97. I would have liked 240 but was aiming for 230, so I'm happy.

Hey I got the exact same score as you! congrats! question to everyone, 232 ain't that bad right? Exactly how good a score is it?

CASSIE
Even though everyone says the average is up this year...i still think once people take it later in the summer the average will drop down this year.

So a 232....assuming 217 will be the average and their is a SD of 23...then your Z score is a .65

Which means you are at abou 74th percentile
Look in first aid or any of the other links here to see what you can get (pretty much above average for everything besides ortho, derm, and a few others)

Since there is some question of the validity of scores. I will also verify my score with my actual score report. Do you think I am still competitive for rads???? :(

Attachments

• ScoreReport.pdf
    241.8 KB · Views: 635
Last edited:
Since there is some question of the validity of scores. I will also verify my score with my actual score report. Do you think I am still competitive for rads???? :(

If you apply broadly, and include a lot of lower tier community programs...maybe. Try to improve on Step 2!

Good enough for PA, but not an actual MD residency. Please try again and try to study this time.

lol, you could've just said "Pass" in the score report.

Concerning the average given on the score report, here is my 2 cents, My roommate is a fourth year, the average and SD of Step 1 reported to the school for his year (this was in April) was 222 with SD of 22, he was pissed because the average went up so much. IMO that is the recent test takers the NBME gods speak of, our average and SD will not be complete until next April as well, but I think it is going down, here is my rational, the three digit cut off for the two digit 99 changes every year. From the board it looks like 236 was the magic number for the 99. Last year I think a 240-41 was the magic cutoff for the 99, so I think by changing up the exam they may have brought our cohorts average back in line with the traditional 215-217 average....We shall see next spring.....Adios

I've been a long time viewer and now that I finished Step 1 i would like to offer some advice based upon my personal experiences. I am DO student at UNE up in Maine.

Sorry - that wasnt supposed to end there -

I started studying intensively and stopped regularly attending lecture around March. My primary sources of study were Goljan Path; Costanzo BRS; First Aid; Medessentials. I truly think that if you have these sources mastered, you'll be more than prepared to score competitively on Step 1. Do not study to memorize - STUDY UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND and can explain to someone else. Thats what I and a friend did and it worked.

MCAT - 27 (most US allo schools laughed at my app even though I have considerable research experience and good UG GPA)
COMLEX - 660/94
USMLE - 247/99

Happy with the results. Never give up. Remember while you are studying that you are not just studying for an exam but for future patients.

Good luck!