OFFICIAL 2009 Where Are You Going Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Finally made the decision official and I will be attending Duke in the Fall!! :banana:

I'm pretty sure that researchgirl, catofthecanals, and I are going to make up at least half of our cohort. :)

Congratulations! But what a bummer having to decide on Duke the day after they got eliminated from the NCAA Tournament by Villanova - an beat badly. Oh well, I suppose you will not be doing any research for Coach K.

Members don't see this ad :)
ResearchGirl ---

Your undergraduate institution is "known" for hating Duke? That's a bit vague isn't it? Considering how EVERY undergrad school seems to HATE DOOK!

ResearchGirl ---

Your undergraduate institution is "known" for hating Duke? That's a bit vague isn't it? Considering how EVERY undergrad school seems to HATE DOOK!

Would that be UNC Chapel Hill?:)

Hey everyone,

I'm so glad to join the club and have the honor of posting on this thread.

I am officially attending the University of Southern Mississippi's Clinical PhD Program starting this Fall. Go Golden Eagles! :D

I received and accepted an offer to the University of New Mexico yesterday evening! I am very very excited...no more obsessing over this forum:)

Any body else headed there?

St Johns clinical PhD Child Track...my top choice

Feel free to PM me if your going too

Rejected from all programs except Syracuse - where I'm waitlisted. Haven't heard from them since finding out that I was on the waitlist on March 3rd.

Anybody accepting/rejecting Syracuse? PM me if you want.

Congratulations! Now you can officially change your picture. After all, West Side Story does not have a happy ending. Besides, whoever heard of NYC gangs in North Dakota. There is precedence for changing one's picture. T4C had a different picture. So did another person who everyone thought was a woman! I think we should start a new thread devoted to selecting a new avatar for you. Well, have fun in North Dakota. That is one place I have never been.

I hope that you like this new one! It's from a musical with a happy ending. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am still waiting to hear from Pace and Yeshiva's clinical PsyD programs, but will probably attend Long Island University C.W. Post outside of Queens, NY. Anybody have anything to share regarding these programs? Congratulations to all of you :)

I am still waiting to hear from Pace and Yeshiva's clinical PsyD programs, but will probably attend Long Island University C.W. Post outside of Queens, NY. Anybody have anything to share regarding these programs? Congratulations to all of you :)

Congrats on getting in to CW Post! I got in to CW Post and am most likely going to go there. I'm still waiting for my official acceptance letter to come in the mail though. I'm choosing their program because I've heard of their reputation, they have access to great internships/externships, and they have a nice faculty. They also have great facilities. (I don't know if you visited their clinic, but it looked great!) The main reasoning, though, was because I wanted to get into a great clinical psychology program where they support the students on their way to becoming doctors. With all the research I did, and the amazing vibe I got from them on interview day (wasn't it an awesome interview process, especially compared with other schools?), I feel really good about choosing them. :)

Oh, I got my official rejection letter from Pace early last week. I still would've chosen CW Post over Pace, though. The only school I would've chosen over CW Post would've been Rutgers, but I knew going in that I had incredibly small odds in getting into that program. I got rejected from them a few weeks ago, without an interview. Oh well.

Btw, why're you thinking of going to CW Post? Also, if anyone else has a reason as to why they accepted/declined CW Post's invitation to enter the program, it'd be awesome to know what you think!

just signed the deposit check for hofstra's school-community psy.d. program! SO glad this part is over...

anybody else gonna be in hempstead in september?!

I'll be enrolled in UAlbany's PhD program in counseling psychology in the fall!! Whoohoo!!

:love::):D:):luck::luck::):D:):love:

I hope that you like this new one! It's from a musical with a happy ending. ;)

Unbelievable, you really changed your picture/ avatar! When GiantSteps speaks, people listen! Ha!

Yes, that picture does the job. When I first saw it, I was thinking: who is this new person on SDN who already has so many posts.

Congrats on getting in to CW Post! I got in to CW Post and am most likely going to go there. I'm still waiting for my official acceptance letter to come in the mail though. I'm choosing their program because I've heard of their reputation, they have access to great internships/externships, and they have a nice faculty. They also have great facilities. (I don't know if you visited their clinic, but it looked great!) The main reasoning, though, was because I wanted to get into a great clinical psychology program where they support the students on their way to becoming doctors. With all the research I did, and the amazing vibe I got from them on interview day (wasn't it an awesome interview process, especially compared with other schools?), I feel really good about choosing them. :)

Oh, I got my official rejection letter from Pace early last week. I still would've chosen CW Post over Pace, though. The only school I would've chosen over CW Post would've been Rutgers, but I knew going in that I had incredibly small odds in getting into that program. I got rejected from them a few weeks ago, without an interview. Oh well.

Btw, why're you thinking of going to CW Post? Also, if anyone else has a reason as to why they accepted/declined CW Post's invitation to enter the program, it'd be awesome to know what you think!

Hey NYC, thats great you are going there too! I got the exact same vibe on the interview day. Oddly enough, I was flat out rejected by Rutgers without an interview, and I am again still waiting on Yeshiva and Pace, but will probably go to Post regardless. I think the reasons I really want to go are obviously their reputation, the solid amount of financial aid they give (for a psyd at least) and their adherence to teaching both psychodynamic and CBT treatment models. I think I am a bit more psychodynamic or even systems oriented, but it seems like there is so much room for movement. Also, the research we can conduct will be 100% ours, not just tagging along with a prof, which we can do in assistance anyways. Any other Post people?

Also did you apply to any other PsyD programs in the tri state area? The only ones I know of with good reputations are Rutgers, CW Post, Yeshiva and Pace. Anybody else going to be in here?

Last edited:
I will be moving to St. Louis in the fall and attending SLU! Woohooo...anyone else going to SLU?

If anyone is accepting or rejecting (or contemplating) an offer from GWU (PhD), please PM me! Thanks!

Last edited:
I sent in my acceptance letter response and will be calling tom. to inform the school of my acceptance to their acceptance of me, lol. I am sososo excited to be Pace bound enrolling in their school-clinical psyd. program and glad that all this worrying and craziness is finally over!!!!:D

Also did you apply to any other PsyD programs in the tri state area? The only ones I know of with good reputations are Rutgers, CW Post, Yeshiva and Pace. Anybody else going to be in here?

I had applied to the big ones from the tri-state area: CW Post, Pace, Rutgers, and St John's. Apparently, not a lot of people have heard about St John's and their school PsyD program. I also got a GREAT vibe from them. The faculty was sooo nice and helpful. The only reason I'm not going with them is because I'd just rather be in a clinical psych program. If I was going into school psych, I'd take St John's in a heartbeat.

I was going to apply to Yeshiva but decided to only apply to 4 programs and that was the one that took the hit. I've heard great things and I've heard not so great things about Yeshiva. Also, everyone I talked to about Yeshiva's interview style didn't seem to like it at all. Either way, I'm sure it's just people's different experiences with different staff. How was your interview at Yeshiva?

Well said, T4C. I also noticed you accept a pre-doc internship. I'll message you for details.. Congratulations to those of you who got accepted! :)

Congrats all!

You are about to embark on one of the most exciting, stimulating, frustrating, and challenging experiences of your lives. It is a long haul, so try and take it all in...as there really isn't anything else like grad school.

I will be attending The University of Illinois at Chicago for their Clinical Psychology Ph.D. program this fall. I'm so excited! I was originally an alternate!

This was THE hardest decision I've made to date because I had some really amazing schools to choose from...I'll be going to the University of Michigan!!!!

mplsgirl: Yay, congrats!

jenni: Wow, that's a great school! From what I know, you had a pretty impressive list to pick from. Congrats!

This was THE hardest decision I've made to date because I had some really amazing schools to choose from...I'll be going to the University of Michigan!!!!

congrats! you must be quite a catch!!

Thank you Cara!! And just to put this out there to anyone who is discouraged I didn't receive any offers last year so it does happen!!
Blu - Hey, thanks!!! it def makes your self-esteem happy!

Last edited:
Thank you Cara!! And just to put this out there to anyone who is discouraged I didn't receive any offers last year so it does happen!!
Blu - Hey, thanks!!! it def makes your self-esteem happy!

Wow....NO offers last year and then UofM this year? What contributed to that?

Congrats on the acceptance...but Go Buckeyes! :)

I had applied to the big ones from the tri-state area: CW Post, Pace, Rutgers, and St John's. Apparently, not a lot of people have heard about St John's and their school PsyD program. I also got a GREAT vibe from them. The faculty was sooo nice and helpful. The only reason I'm not going with them is because I'd just rather be in a clinical psych program. If I was going into school psych, I'd take St John's in a heartbeat.

I was going to apply to Yeshiva but decided to only apply to 4 programs and that was the one that took the hit. I've heard great things and I've heard not so great things about Yeshiva. Also, everyone I talked to about Yeshiva's interview style didn't seem to like it at all. Either way, I'm sure it's just people's different experiences with different staff. How was your interview at Yeshiva?

My interview at Yeshiva was great, I was expecting to get word from them today and I didn't hear anything, so I am thinking I did not get accepted. Although they have already accepted me into their masters program, which I am certainly declining. Overall I got a great vibe from them, I just wish I was one of two lucky people per cohort that gets three years of a full ride, that would be incredible (especially from an expensive PsyD standpoint). Didn't hear from Pace today either, don't most schools tell you by April 1st?? I will probably go to Post anyways, unless either school gives me some significant green.

I go to U of M undergrad, and am graduating in May. Get ready for the best graduate experience ever. It is an incredible program with great faculty, and a lot of opportunity for teaching and research. Ann Arbor is also the best college town in existence, and there is no doubt in my mind you will love it. Congratulations! Go Blue! Be sure to take advantage of everything the program and city of Ann Arbor has to offer you. If you want some advice on what to do here (and there is so much) just message me. Although I went the PsyD route, I have great respect for this graduate program, and anybody who manages to get in it. What professors are you working with??

I will be attending CMU in the fall. I can't believe this process is over!

I'll be going to Temple University....I just found out and I'm so excited!

Will anyone else be going there?

GULP! I dropped my deposit in the mail today... DONE DEAL NOW!!! I will be heading to IU in the fall.

I'll be going to Temple University....I just found out and I'm so excited!

Will anyone else be going there?

Congrats! Can I ask who you're working with there?

Hey, I just found this website tonight. It looks pretty sweet! Anyways, I was reading through this thread because it makes me envious that I haven't been accepted anywhere yet. For the poster that is going to the University of Minnesota, good luck! That's an awesome program and the Twin Cities are an awesome place.
And for Cara Susanna, have fun at UND! Grand Forks is a decent town (I have a lot of friends who go to undergraduate there), but it has horrible winters/the Red River is currently flooding over its banks, so be prepared for that. :) So if you've never experienced flat plains and a winter that lasts 8 months out of the year, I feel a little for you.

Thanks! It's okay, my undergrad institution has flooded before and I'm used to ridiculously long and cold winters. :D

I officially accepted my offer from the Univ of Massachusetts at Amherst. If anyone else is going there let me know! :)

My interview at Yeshiva was great, I was expecting to get word from them today and I didn't hear anything, so I am thinking I did not get accepted. Although they have already accepted me into their masters program, which I am certainly declining. Overall I got a great vibe from them, I just wish I was one of two lucky people per cohort that gets three years of a full ride, that would be incredible (especially from an expensive PsyD standpoint). Didn't hear from Pace today either, don't most schools tell you by April 1st?? I will probably go to Post anyways, unless either school gives me some significant green.

As prospective students we have until April 15th to decline offers - so if you haven't heard yet, you still could hear after April 15th (or even in the next 2 weeks) if you are an alternate (although waiting til the 15th would be a gamble if you have other offers). I'm currently choosing between offers from Yeshiva, Pace, and C.W. Post, but I haven't received all of my financial aid info yet (which will hugely affect my decision). So once I make my decision (probably in the next week or so) 2 spots will be freed up. If you are really leaning towards one program, don't lose hope yet!!!

If anyone here was accepted into Xavier and is not planning on going there, would ya please reject the offer so that it can open up a spot for me? Thanks! :p

I officially accepted an offer at Temple this afternoon!!!!! SO EXCITED!

:) :) :)