- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties
- Other Subspecialties
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 2013-2014 Nephrology fellowship application cycle
Started by gutonc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm applying this year- good luck everybody!
Potentially dumb question:
is it okay to submit my application prior to all my LOR being in?
Yes.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Baystate IV
How many programs have you guys applied to ?
I am an IMG , doing residency at a university program and will bw chief for 6 months as a PGY 3 , no published research or abstracts , though I have been working on a couple of projects, have applied to 24 programs so far
I am an IMG , doing residency at a university program and will bw chief for 6 months as a PGY 3 , no published research or abstracts , though I have been working on a couple of projects, have applied to 24 programs so far
yes. half of the programs have not downloaded the applications so far.
PGY-3 in community program, no publications or research, applied to 20 programs...
1 iv so far...
PGY-3 in community program, no publications or research, applied to 20 programs...
1 iv so far...
congrats
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats fk 506..
I have my interviews coming up soon, does anyone know how will the fellowship interviews be..
will it be very formal like residency interview with usual Q like tell me about yourself, strength, positive , negative etc ??
I have my interviews coming up soon, does anyone know how will the fellowship interviews be..
will it be very formal like residency interview with usual Q like tell me about yourself, strength, positive , negative etc ??
Upenn, OHSU, U Miami, Maine, Vanderbilt, MU South Carolina
Congrats to everyone for interviews 🙂
@ terrifier - you surely have great credentials .. good luck !
@ angiotensin - though this is my first time in fellowship match too but from what I get from my friends it still seems to be formal and pretty much like residency interviews
Good luck to all future nephrologists 🙂
lets keep each other posted
@ terrifier - you surely have great credentials .. good luck !
@ angiotensin - though this is my first time in fellowship match too but from what I get from my friends it still seems to be formal and pretty much like residency interviews
Good luck to all future nephrologists 🙂
lets keep each other posted
Interviews from Upenn, OHSU, University of Miami, Maine Medical Center, Vanderbilt, MU South Carolina, Beth Israel Deaconess 🙂🙂
Last edited:
Interviews from Upenn, OHSU, University of Miami, Maine Medical Center, Vanderbilt, MU South Carolina, Beth Israel Deaconess, Albert Einstein/Montefiore 🙂🙂
Hello everyone
Do you guys know if programs have application deadlines, haven't really found any on the websites, except some suggesting to have everything in by beginning of August. Problem is, I do not have all my LoRs in, so have not yet submitted the application.However, if they've been giving out interview calls already, would they wait another week to review more applications?
Terrifier, did you get the interview calls before the LoRs were in already (referring to your question earlier)
As for stats, IMG from a community program, 3 years out, no significant research 🙁
Congrats to everyone with interview invites
Do you guys know if programs have application deadlines, haven't really found any on the websites, except some suggesting to have everything in by beginning of August. Problem is, I do not have all my LoRs in, so have not yet submitted the application.However, if they've been giving out interview calls already, would they wait another week to review more applications?
Terrifier, did you get the interview calls before the LoRs were in already (referring to your question earlier)
As for stats, IMG from a community program, 3 years out, no significant research 🙁
Congrats to everyone with interview invites
You should submit it! I submitted mine with only two LOR in and I received two interviews before the other two were put in. I think some programs care, some don't.
Good luck!! I hope everyone gets to go where they want to 🙂
Edit: Once your other letters get uploaded to the "post office" you can assign them to the particular programs, even if you've already submitted your application. It's really easy, and you can then track if/when the programs have downloaded your info.
Good luck!! I hope everyone gets to go where they want to 🙂
Edit: Once your other letters get uploaded to the "post office" you can assign them to the particular programs, even if you've already submitted your application. It's really easy, and you can then track if/when the programs have downloaded your info.
No news for last 2 days 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@terrifier and fk 506, thanks for the input!
Best of luck to everyone!
Best of luck to everyone!
Sept 27th
Mt Sinai ( Elmhurst) iv..
Is this program university or affliated with university. looks like a 600 bed hospital.
Is this program university or affliated with university. looks like a 600 bed hospital.
Mt Sinai ( Elmhurst) iv..
Is this program university or affliated with university. looks like a 600 bed hospital.
Affiliated. Large County hospital. They have their own residents and Sinai residents rotate there as well.
Interview from Duke, John Hopkins 🙂
Last edited:
Hi Lampard, When did you get Interview from University of Michigan
@ Lampard: Congrats!!
@ Nephrol2014
I got the U of M IV on Friday.
Congrats on your IVs. You have some great calls! Can you please share your profile and date of application ?
@Lampard; Applied on 15th July; PGY-3 IMG; Advance Degree; University Program; Tons of Research
Interviews from Upenn, OHSU, University of Miami, Maine Medical Center, Vanderbilt, MU South Carolina, Beth Israel Deaconess, Albert Einstein/Montefiore, Duke, John Hopkins 🙂
Georgetown University, DC iv 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviews from Upenn, OHSU, University of Miami, Maine Medical Center, Vanderbilt, MU South Carolina, Beth Israel Deaconess, Albert Einstein/Montefiore, Duke, John Hopkins, Mount Sinai Medical Center New York 🙂 🙂
Congrats everybody !!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 6K
D
D
- Replies
- 125
- Views
- 30K
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 10K