- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties
- Other Subspecialties
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 2013-2014 Nephrology fellowship application cycle
Started by gutonc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Saint Louis Univ today 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi folks,
I think I have gotten more interviews then I can attend. This might be a silly question, but what is the appropriate way to cancel/decline interviews? call or email?
Unless the interview is this week, it doesn't matter, just do it now. Right now. Maybe yesterday if you can figure out how to make that happen.
I don't think I ever had a phone conversation with any program during either my residency or fellowship applications, it was all by email.
@MSKK3
How many do you plan to attend?
Looks like lot of members here have received more than 10 IVs.
How many do you plan to attend?
Looks like lot of members here have received more than 10 IVs.
Got interview from BWH/MGH today 🙂
Weill Cornell today
Mayo Clinic, Rochester and UC Davis
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Columbia 🙂
new york university
brigham/mass general
1.University of Tennessee, Memphis
2.University of Florida, Jacksonville
3. Ochsner
4.University of Virginia Commonwealth
5.Methodist Hospital, Houston
6.Methodist Hospital, Dallas
7.Medical University of South Carolina
8.University of Texas-Galveston
9.University of Mississippi Medical Center
10.University of Miami/Jackson Memorial
11.LSU New Orleans
12.Texas A&M
13.WVSU
2.University of Florida, Jacksonville
3. Ochsner
4.University of Virginia Commonwealth
5.Methodist Hospital, Houston
6.Methodist Hospital, Dallas
7.Medical University of South Carolina
8.University of Texas-Galveston
9.University of Mississippi Medical Center
10.University of Miami/Jackson Memorial
11.LSU New Orleans
12.Texas A&M
13.WVSU
Last edited:
Alleghany general, Cooper
Few more:University of Nebraska today.
So far, Beystate/Tufts, Yale, Georgetown, Cleveland clinic, University of Florida, Maine, Henry Ford
Uni of West Virginia, Univ of Virginia, U Conn, MGH, UIC, Brown, Uni of Tennessee, Jefferson Medical college, Cleveland Clinic, Georgetown, Indiana university, St Luise University, Univ of Nebraska
Few more:
Uni of West Virginia, Univ of Virginia, U Conn, MGH, UIC, Brown, Uni of Tennessee, Jefferson Medical college, Cleveland Clinic, Georgetown, Indiana university, St Luise University, Univ of Nebraska
congrats..are you going to attend all these interviews 🙂
Can anyone post their interview experience they had so far
Ucsd
how about programs from New york city.. so far only one person in this forum has had calls from them..
UCSD, UCI, USC
Still waiting for UCLA 🙂 🙂
UCLA by 15th Sept. They are still reviewing applications.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have done my first interview: University of Mississippi. Other interviews coming up:
Medical College of Wisconsin
Georgetown University
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Tennessee
SUNY Upstate-Syracuse
Allegheny General
Ochsner Clinic
Medical University of South Carolina
Medical College of Wisconsin
Georgetown University
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Tennessee
SUNY Upstate-Syracuse
Allegheny General
Ochsner Clinic
Medical University of South Carolina
HI everyone, how are interviews going on? There is a lukewarm response this year in nephrology thread. how about posting interview experience?
st.John , washington hospital center, albert einstein beth israel IV
University of Maryland IV
BWH/MGH
you interview basically at both the hospitals. Excellent opportunity for research/ world renowned faculty. Four years program - good if your career path is research/ academic nephrology.
John hopkins - did they send invitations out ?
Any one interviewed at Northwestern/Rush or U of Chicago
you interview basically at both the hospitals. Excellent opportunity for research/ world renowned faculty. Four years program - good if your career path is research/ academic nephrology.
John hopkins - did they send invitations out ?
Any one interviewed at Northwestern/Rush or U of Chicago
I would recommend avoiding Indiana University. I'm a resident at IU. I heard today that the program coordinator suddenly quit. Would strongly caution against going here as the dept does not communicate well, and since she is now gone, who knows what kinds of mistakes will be made. Best to avoid.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would recommend avoiding Indiana University. I'm a resident at IU. I heard today that the program coordinator suddenly quit. Would strongly caution against going here as the dept does not communicate well, and since she is now gone, who knows what kinds of mistakes will be made. Best to avoid.
Don't worry dude, you'll match at IU. Good thing there's more than one position there, so no need to be a red herring. LMFAO
I recently resigned from nephrology fellowship after 2 month of joining , nephrology is waste of time , dealing with dialysis patients is not a fun at all, you learn every thing about nephrology in first one month then after that it will be just poring repetition , no good futur career after graduation , it is very difficult to find a job as a nephrologist and if you find any one it will be 120K in academic sitting , 150 general hospital and 160-170 in private practice , most of the jobs in remote areas , the health reforms are markedly affecting nephrology as nephrology has a single payor and under mercy if Medicaid , it is more productive , lucirative and easier to be hospitalist than nephrologist, do it only if you really love it.
I have interview at IU next week.. I did get email from PC last week
@docdoc123456
that's pretty discouraging for applicants this year..
that's pretty discouraging for applicants this year..
What program did you resign ? Are they hiring new fellow ?
Isn't that NRMP violation ? I believe you can't resign in first 90 days else you receive lifetime ban on applying for fellowship in future
Isn't that NRMP violation ? I believe you can't resign in first 90 days else you receive lifetime ban on applying for fellowship in future
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 6K
D
D
- Replies
- 125
- Views
- 30K
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 10K
