Official 2013 Anesthesiology Rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gasme2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got this from Jefferson...

Hello Dr.

Thank you for your interest in Thomas University Hospitals Anesthesiology
Program, your application has been reviewed. Our interview status at present
is full and we may be opening a few additional spots in January that we are
holding. We will continue to review applications and extend interviews if
needed. Please keep us posted on any changes in your current status.

Thank you again for you interest in our program.

We might as well share our joy and sorrows

Members don't see this ad.

Ha, no worries. I also got this email.

Yup, got the same e-mail from Jefferson. Also got a rejection from New York Medical College in Westchester. I DO have 3 interviews at other programs though, so I'm not sweating it too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, just coming to terms with the fact that it is almost impossible to get interviews everywhere; one school's reject is another's treasure :cool:

Yup, got the same e-mail from Jefferson. Also got a rejection from New York Medical College in Westchester. I DO have 3 interviews at other programs though, so I'm not sweating it too much.

Just got the hate mail from boston. :(

Thus far, I've been rejected from MUSC, Jefferson, and Boston Medical Center.

Got hate mail from UIC today. A little disappointed since this is technically my "home" institution. I guess they really don't care if you spend a lot of money in tuition at their medical school :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Got hate mail from UIC today. A little disappointed since this is technically my "home" institution. I guess they really don't care if you spend a lot of money in tuition at their medical school :(

Don't feel bad, they were one of my first rejections last year only to later send me a last minute invite that I couldn't have made it to. It was addressed to "waitlist candidates". I guess my point is, you might get a chance yet. Though, its hard to feel good about that kind of chance, I suppose.

Got the boot from Colorado and Loma Linda today, nebulous Jefferson rejection some time ago.

So these emails that say we love you but don't have any interview spots pretty much mean a nice rejection, yah?

Colorado, Loma Linda, and University of Illinois at Chicago.

Wow, home program hate? That's cold.

That sucks. We give courtesy interviews for fellowship positions to our home team residents and faculty interviews to all of our interested fellows.
You never know, they might kill the interview and change some minds. Probably not...

I got a rejection from Uic too.

just curious, what kind of wording did they use?

My rejection was confusing. It said they were impressed but can't offer an interview atm. Is it a sugar coated rejection? or a way to say we'll let you know later? idk.

Rejection from Jefferson, New York Medical College, and UCSD. Fun times. But I have 6 other interviews, so not crying about it yet haha. I got a soft rejection by Mayo Jacksonville at the ASA conference this weekend...that was tough.

hate mail from Drexel Today. oh well. but as those above, in the previous weeks, jefferson, loma linda, boston medical center

Got a rejection from Drexel today as well.

I am a US MD.

That sucks. We give courtesy interviews for fellowship positions to our home team residents and faculty interviews to all of our interested fellows.
You never know, they might kill the interview and change some minds. Probably not...

It would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath. Uic has 4 campuses and I'm not at the Chicago one, so likely it's a done deal.

No offense to others, but I'm glad I'm not alone.

Also got the hate mail from BU and Drexel and I'm an MD. Still waiting on a little more Midwest love (pretty please!)

Same here. Does anyone know the average step 1 and step 2 scores this year for anes? It seems to have gotten more competitive than last year....

It was the same email about how IMPRESSED they were but no interview right now. I'm not sure what to make of it.

I got a rejection from Uic too.

just curious, what kind of wording did they use?

My rejection was confusing. It said they were impressed but can't offer an interview atm. Is it a sugar coated rejection? or a way to say we'll let you know later? idk.[/QUOTE]

Hate mail from Drexel today. this process is so random. I'm hoping for some strong love from Chi-town programs!!! pretty please!!! interview gods, have some mercy!

Seriously, whats up with Chi-town.... Everyone says it is too cold yet it is extremely competitive to get interviews there this year. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!!!

Hate mail from Drexel today. this process is so random. I'm hoping for some strong love from Chi-town programs!!! pretty please!!! interview gods, have some mercy!

Yeah I think the Chicago programs have a bias against DOs. Didn't see any at NW or UofC.

U of C will on occasion take a DO if their numbers are right. NW is happy to have us for fellowships but basically don't interview us for their residency.

so ive looked at the forum for invites and this one for rejections.. some of these programs, i havent heard anything from, not even an application receipt... does anyone know what this means? should i assume my app is still under review and they haven't decided yet?

thanks!

...deleted post. Could be interpreted as trashtalking a program.

Last edited:
I'm a DO and got invites from the only three Chicago programs I applied to- UIC, U of Chicago, and Loyola. UIC lady was not very nice to me on the phone and decided not to schedule.

Well I was just going off of their residents at the time and the applicants their on my interview day. Must be a stand out applicant. Congrats!

Jefferson from way back when, Iowa yesterday.

when should we be freaking out? do interview invites go all the way through november?