Official 2013 Anesthesiology Rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
^^ Yep, that's the source - online scheduling.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cornell isn't interested in research?

I have no doubt that Cornell Anesthesiology is into research. In fact, I probably shouldn't have made that blanket claim. Let me rephrase it: Some of the programs don't promote research, while others look for people with specific research interests. Then there are others that hold a view that research is the purview of faculty members, and thus do not want to recruit researchers as anesthesiology residents. There are quite a few anesthesiology research powerhouses which fall in this category and I am interviewing with some of them as well. Here is the link to an editorial in Anesthesiology that discusses some of these issues. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22705567

Last edited:
Loyola, def not getting any love from Chicago :-(

Members don't see this ad :)
UT-Houston and St. Elizabeth's in the past few days

If we haven't been rejected by Brigham or MGH - what does that mean? Are we just going to be rejected later or is this a waitlist of sorts? Anybody know anything?

waitlisted for OHSU a little while back, the whole "We love your application but can't interview you" thing. Got an e-mail yesterday with one opening, which I can't make it to. Back on waitlist.

Michigan this morning

Michigan today too.... The whole " we will not be offering you an interview and we are telling you this now, so that you will not be waiting to hear from us about an interview and can move on to other programs on your list".... was kinda HARSH....lol considering that it is November.

Do programs always notify you if you're put on the waitlist? Or do they usually stay silent until you either get an invite or rejection? I've only gotten 2 waitlists so far..

Penn

"This surfeit precludes our acting favorably on your application."

Really? If that's how they talk, I probably wasn't going to fit in.

Penn

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I actually didn't note that in the email. I skimmed it quickly - interview schedule is full. Penn can go to Philly.

Penn

Really? If that's how they talk, I probably wasn't going to fit in.

I've never even heard of that word before. What a pretentious rejection.

Perhaps this shows a little bit of ignorance on my part, but I have a ridiculous number of programs that I haven't heard from. Is it common for programs simply not to reply, or am I in some weird "wait list" limbo? I guess I kind of expected to get some response from programs by now. Any thoughts on programs that haven't said anything?

Perhaps this shows a little bit of ignorance on my part, but I have a ridiculous number of programs that I haven't heard from. Is it common for programs simply not to reply, or am I in some weird "wait list" limbo? I guess I kind of expected to get some response from programs by now. Any thoughts on programs that haven't said anything?

It probably means that its possible they'd invite you if people happen to withdraw. Expect to hear from 0 to maybe 1 or 2 programs later on.

Same here...maybe not as many as it sounds like you have, but I ended up calling a couple and found out I'm on their waitlists. I didn't ask why they hadn't sent me an email telling me... Might be worth calling a few and asking.

Got an email this morning that they are no longer offering interviews. FYI for anyone else waiting to hear from them.

On a happier note...Happy Holidays everyone!:)