You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 2013 Anesthesiology Rejections
Started by gasme2013
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
source? -- just curious
If they schedule online like last year, you can see what dates are open to interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cornell isn't interested in research?
I have no doubt that Cornell Anesthesiology is into research. In fact, I probably shouldn't have made that blanket claim. Let me rephrase it: Some of the programs don't promote research, while others look for people with specific research interests. Then there are others that hold a view that research is the purview of faculty members, and thus do not want to recruit researchers as anesthesiology residents. There are quite a few anesthesiology research powerhouses which fall in this category and I am interviewing with some of them as well. Here is the link to an editorial in Anesthesiology that discusses some of these issues. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22705567
Last edited:
Advocate Illinois Masonic
Ditto.
I think I've been shut out of IL programs, and I'm in IL. W.T.F.?
I'm very grateful for the interviews I have, but I thought I would get maybe a little love from my home state. Boo.
Einstein
mass gen today =(
UChicago today, bummer :/
Hopkins
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If we haven't been rejected by Brigham or MGH - what does that mean? Are we just going to be rejected later or is this a waitlist of sorts? Anybody know anything?
I
Infexious
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Mayo-az
waitlisted for OHSU a little while back, the whole "We love your application but can't interview you" thing. Got an e-mail yesterday with one opening, which I can't make it to. Back on waitlist.
Michigan this morning
Michigan this morning
Michigan today too.... The whole " we will not be offering you an interview and we are telling you this now, so that you will not be waiting to hear from us about an interview and can move on to other programs on your list".... was kinda HARSH....lol considering that it is November.
x
Last edited:
Do programs always notify you if you're put on the waitlist? Or do they usually stay silent until you either get an invite or rejection? I've only gotten 2 waitlists so far..
If they didn't tell you, how would you know, one way or the other?Do programs always notify you if you're put on the waitlist? Or do they usually stay silent until you either get an invite or rejection?
University of Kentucky and Mayo FL....ugh 🙁 the hatemail keeps on flowin.
Mayo FL as well
Today was apparently hate mail day from Mayo-FL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mayo FL
Penn
"This surfeit precludes our acting favorably on your application."



I actually didn't note that in the email. I skimmed it quickly - interview schedule is full. Penn can go to Philly.
Penn
"This surfeit precludes our acting favorably on your application."
Really? If that's how they talk, I probably wasn't going to fit in.
I've never even heard of that word before. What a pretentious rejection.
They probably phrase it that way so that you feel better about being rejected. 😉
Utsw
Perhaps this shows a little bit of ignorance on my part, but I have a ridiculous number of programs that I haven't heard from. Is it common for programs simply not to reply, or am I in some weird "wait list" limbo? I guess I kind of expected to get some response from programs by now. Any thoughts on programs that haven't said anything?
Utsw
Perhaps this shows a little bit of ignorance on my part, but I have a ridiculous number of programs that I haven't heard from. Is it common for programs simply not to reply, or am I in some weird "wait list" limbo? I guess I kind of expected to get some response from programs by now. Any thoughts on programs that haven't said anything?
It probably means that its possible they'd invite you if people happen to withdraw. Expect to hear from 0 to maybe 1 or 2 programs later on.
Perhaps this shows a little bit of ignorance on my part, but I have a ridiculous number of programs that I haven't heard from. Is it common for programs simply not to reply, or am I in some weird "wait list" limbo? I guess I kind of expected to get some response from programs by now. Any thoughts on programs that haven't said anything?
Same here...maybe not as many as it sounds like you have, but I ended up calling a couple and found out I'm on their waitlists. I didn't ask why they hadn't sent me an email telling me... Might be worth calling a few and asking.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 1K
