You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 2013 Anesthesiology Rejections
Started by gasme2013
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
how are fellow DO students doing in the invite process?
how are fellow DO students doing in the invite process?
would like to know this too
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a DO - Applied 30 programs. 13 Invitations, 2 rejections. Have heard nothing from the other 15. All programs in Northeast. Also applying to IM preliminary programs. I have had a couple interviews already. The program directors told me they like to see high USMLE scores because it correlates with likelihood of passing Anesthesiology boards.
COMLEX I: 650+
COMLEX II: 600+
COMLEX PE: Pass
USMLE I: 235+
USMLE II: 245+
Hope this information is helpful to DO applicants.
COMLEX I: 650+
COMLEX II: 600+
COMLEX PE: Pass
USMLE I: 235+
USMLE II: 245+
Hope this information is helpful to DO applicants.
applied 69, 11 invites, 5 rejections, rest are in limbohow are fellow DO students doing in the invite process?
applied 20 prelim, 2 invites, 3 rejections
41 programs (thanks SDN for making me nervous and adding about 15 programs), mostly midwest. 19 invites, 1 rejection.
rejected from cornell just now
Cornell just now.
Cornell, Pitt, South Carolina today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
x
Last edited:
ugh, sorry to hear about pitt....
...i'm actually kinda bracing myself for this one. applying as a couple = watching rank possibilities evaporate with each rejection....
for you guys that got the pitt hate, did you apply on the first day? i applied on sunday so i'm wondering if these places just haven't gotten around to the sunday batch yet or if we are past that point ....
I applied on the first day (sat). But have gotten neither love nor hate so far.
Columbia rejection today. This one hurts. A lot. 🙁
Columbia rejection today. This one hurts. A lot. 🙁
I also received a rejection from Columbia today. I feel your pain.
How many LORs did you guys have?
.
Last edited:
Pitt hate--applied first day. I did contact them about my app because I was...WAS, particularly interested in staying in Pitt area. Might have expedited my hate.
haha... that's both funny and sad. but I feel your pain.
Columbia hate mail yesterday...
oh well.
Stanford @ 11pm yesterday 🙁. Hurts like a PE
stanford yesterday as well. this hate don't stop.
I
Infexious
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recently: Colorado, Iowa, Oklahoma, Beth Israel
🙁
Haven't heard from any home state programs either, except my UIC rejection.
Harsh 🙁
🙁
Haven't heard from any home state programs either, except my UIC rejection.
Harsh 🙁
hopkins
Oregon and Hopkins. What a bummer of a day!
Last edited:
For you guys/gals hearing the bad news from Hopkins...was it a straight up rejection email or a "you have been placed on our wait list" email?
Does being on the wait list mean anything...or is that just a nicer way of rejection 😉?
Does being on the wait list mean anything...or is that just a nicer way of rejection 😉?
Straight rejection, they said chances were high i would match, just not with them lol.For you guys/gals hearing the bad news from Hopkins...was it a straight up rejection email or a "you have been placed on our wait list" email?
Does being on the wait list mean anything...or is that just a nicer way of rejection 😉?
Hate mail so far: 👎
Stanford (applied 10 days ago just for the heck of it)
Cornell
Jefferson
Drexel
Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State
10 love letters, though : 😍
Wayne State, too? What on earth...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advocate Illinois Masonic
Hopkins. Anesthesia must be getting pretty competitive this year. I go to a US MD school, have a step 1 in the high 240's, top 25% of my class, and strong LOR,'s.
Hopkins anesthesia had their interview slots filled out in only a few hours after sending out invites. By the looks of it, they are doing only one cycle of invitations.
Yeah, that was my first rejection. They sent it out three days after I submitted my app. But, it is understandable. I have a hyper-focus on research. DMC/Wayne State, to the best of my knowledge, looks to train good clinicians for pvt practice, and is not incredibly interested in research. Same goes for Cornell, Drexel etc.
Cornell isn't interested in research?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 1K