Official 2013 Anesthesiology Rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Iowa :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fellow DO... heard nothing really... just a few rejections that everyone else got.

Still holding onto hope. =)

I'm a DO, am doing ok thus far. I applied pretty broadly and have a few invites as well as a few rejections. I'm hoping for some more invites for all of us soon!

I'm a DO - Applied 30 programs. 13 Invitations, 2 rejections. Have heard nothing from the other 15. All programs in Northeast. Also applying to IM preliminary programs. I have had a couple interviews already. The program directors told me they like to see high USMLE scores because it correlates with likelihood of passing Anesthesiology boards.

COMLEX I: 650+
COMLEX II: 600+
COMLEX PE: Pass
USMLE I: 235+
USMLE II: 245+

Hope this information is helpful to DO applicants.

on the same boat applied to 27 programs, 10 invites, 2 rejections. hoping for some more invites soon

41 programs (thanks SDN for making me nervous and adding about 15 programs), mostly midwest. 19 invites, 1 rejection.

yea me too seems like cornell is not a fan of DO's

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Pitt today--pretty disappointed in that one . Previously: Jefferson, Case, Colorado.

ugh, sorry to hear about pitt....

...i'm actually kinda bracing myself for this one. applying as a couple = watching rank possibilities evaporate with each rejection....

for you guys that got the pitt hate, did you apply on the first day? i applied on sunday so i'm wondering if these places just haven't gotten around to the sunday batch yet or if we are past that point ....

I applied on the first day (sat). But have gotten neither love nor hate so far.

Pitt hate--applied first day. I did contact them about my app because I was...WAS, particularly interested in staying in Pitt area. Might have expedited my hate.

Pitt hate--applied first day. I did contact them about my app because I was...WAS, particularly interested in staying in Pitt area. Might have expedited my hate.

haha... that's both funny and sad. but I feel your pain.

Columbia hate mail yesterday...

oh well.

Last edited:
fellas at UC Davis told me they do not want me.

For you guys/gals hearing the bad news from Hopkins...was it a straight up rejection email or a "you have been placed on our wait list" email?

Does being on the wait list mean anything...or is that just a nicer way of rejection ;)?

Last edited:
For you guys/gals hearing the bad news from Hopkins...was it a straight up rejection email or a "you have been placed on our wait list" email?

Does being on the wait list mean anything...or is that just a nicer way of rejection ;)?
Straight rejection, they said chances were high i would match, just not with them lol.

Hopkins. Anesthesia must be getting pretty competitive this year. I go to a US MD school, have a step 1 in the high 240's, top 25% of my class, and strong LOR,'s.

Hate mail so far: :thumbdown:
Stanford (applied 10 days ago just for the heck of it)
Cornell
Jefferson
Drexel
Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State

10 love letters, though : :love:

Wayne State, too? What on earth...

UCSD (after contacting to know the status of my application) and UC davis :mad:

Hopkins. Anesthesia must be getting pretty competitive this year. I go to a US MD school, have a step 1 in the high 240's, top 25% of my class, and strong LOR,'s.

Hopkins anesthesia had their interview slots filled out in only a few hours after sending out invites. By the looks of it, they are doing only one cycle of invitations.

Yeah, that was my first rejection. They sent it out three days after I submitted my app. But, it is understandable. I have a hyper-focus on research. DMC/Wayne State, to the best of my knowledge, looks to train good clinicians for pvt practice, and is not incredibly interested in research. Same goes for Cornell, Drexel etc.

Cornell isn't interested in research?