Official 2013 Step 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phloston

Osaka, Japan
Removed
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figure now is a good time to jump-start this thread.

Even though some of us who had taken the exam in late-2012 are still awaiting our scores (amid the holiday delays) and could technically still post within last year's thread, it is after all mid-January now, so it's probably apposite that we move forward and hope for a great year.

:luck: Cheers to 2013 :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

@Modeselektor @BlueArc I would love to know what state of the art tablet with awesome multiprocessing capabilities you guys use?

Or do you guys just use your laptops?
A beat up old toshiba laptop. haha

Still some time before I'm a fully practicing physician
pdiddy-cash.gif

Isn't there a kindle -> PDF converter out there?

that would certainly make things easier o_O

i used foxit a few years ago. It used to leave this ugly watermark on the upper corners of each page if you used a 'pro' feature by mistake. I hope they've changed that. There are plenty of free pdf viewers to choose from which have powerful editing capabilities. I have to hand it to you though, yours must be one gorgeous FA.

I've just started adding to the 2014 pdf now - colour and icon coded. It's gonna be a helluva ride.

Reactions: 1 user
i used foxit a few years ago. It used to leave this ugly watermark on the upper corners of each page if you used a 'pro' feature by mistake. I hope they've changed that. There are plenty of free pdf viewers to choose from which have powerful editing capabilities. I have to hand it to you though, yours must be one gorgeous FA.

I've just started adding to the 2014 pdf now - colour and icon coded. It's gonna be a helluva ride.
When do you plan on giving the exam?

Members don't see this ad :)
I added links to youtube vid murmurs. I think you should be able to add in audio links pretty easily too.

Man, I love my comfortable, familiar firstaid. Just keeping this thing open while studying for step 2 is calming.
It might be comforting but remember Step 2 CK is an entirely different ball game and the best way to prepare for it is to actually learn how a real patient is being managed on the rounds and ask questions. No book or QBank can teach you that.

Reactions: 1 user
Guys i'm new to this, i'm doing my first MD in Russia. Can i write step 1as soon as i complete my first year? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

It might be comforting but remember Step 2 CK is an entirely different ball game and the best way to prepare for it is to actually learn how a real patient is being managed on the rounds and ask questions. No book or QBank can teach you that.

Yes master yoda :D. See I will. Patients I search. Patience I learn. Wisdom I find.

Reactions: 1 users
I wish I had the ability to do all my FA annotations digitally..
You can.
I am using PDF XChange Viewer free edition.
Great software.
It has the "typewriter function" and you can even copy & paste anything using the "Camera function".

That scares and excites me at the same time.

I've reached the love-hate part of the relationship with my FA. Her name is Bianca. I have a bedside table dedicated solely to her.