-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step I Official 2014 Step 1 Experiences and Scores Thread
Started by 900829
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
*******
man up and look at it the second it's available.
Definitely. I tried my best to not check my COMLEX score in clinic but once I found out that the score was out, I couldn't concentrate on anything else. Now I'm just hoping clinic is slow this Wednesday so I can sneak away to check...
**** ANYONE interested in playing Fantasy Football I may have a few spots available in my league. IF interested, please just send me a private message with your email. I will let you know where I stand on players in a few weeks. Got some folks that say they want to play but have not signed up. One person is MIA.
1. All I ask is that you stay active all season regardless of your record to maintain the integrity of the league.
2. Adjust for byes. It really only takes logging in a couple times a week.
3. And lastly, we play to win but are not competitive to the point of being nuts. It is still supposed to be fun. **********
Now back to the regular thread concerning Step 1.............
1. All I ask is that you stay active all season regardless of your record to maintain the integrity of the league.
2. Adjust for byes. It really only takes logging in a couple times a week.
3. And lastly, we play to win but are not competitive to the point of being nuts. It is still supposed to be fun. **********
Now back to the regular thread concerning Step 1.............
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
**** ANYONE interested in playing Fantasy Football I may have a few spots available in my league. IF interested, please just send me a private message with your email. I will let you know where I stand on players in a few weeks. Got some folks that say they want to play but have not signed up. One person is MIA.
1. All I ask is that you stay active all season regardless of your record to maintain the integrity of the league.
2. Adjust for byes. It really only takes logging in a couple times a week.
3. And lastly, we play to win but are not competitive to the point of being nuts. It is still supposed to be fun. **********
Now back to the regular thread concerning Step 1.............
Is that all you're playing for?
pride and having some fun......yeah. No money or tats for losers. lol
To @Prince090 and @ashokaramani -- here are Phloston's threads with his ppts:
- http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/a-few-of-my-usmle-lectures.994504/
- http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/my-virus-lecture.997925/
Just remember you have to change the extension to .ppt after you download them to open them in powerpoint.
Phloston, thanks for making and sharing these - they're incredibly helpful.
Dear kind sir thank you
6/23 mine is still there
Dang it mine is too
How was your test?Took it 6/19 and mine appears to be gone.
No way I'm waiting. I'm ready to finally see which specialities I can't do lol.
I took it June 19th and my permit is gone.
How was your test?
So I still have the link to my permit there and when I click on the link it says, "Not avaliable" does this mean what I think it means? ugh shudders.
for this permit thing, does it work the same for IMG/FMG's. Are you guys talking about where you go to the ECFMG online application page, click to reprint the permit?
I think despite all vacillations, pretty much everyone looks at his or her real score immediately after the PDF appears. It's one of those things that as much as you'd like to hold off on it, once that link is available, the next several seconds are fairly intense and quiet as you wait for it to load.
Just be sure to open it in private though so you have some of your own time to internalize/digest it. No matter how well or poorly you do, it's healthy to take a few moments before getting other people involved.
Just be sure to open it in private though so you have some of your own time to internalize/digest it. No matter how well or poorly you do, it's healthy to take a few moments before getting other people involved.
looks like i am the only person here who took the kaptests....can anyone gimme a corelation for 76 and 78 plz![]()
That's your third time asking, what tipped you off?
A majority of people don't take the Kaplan Full lengths. There isn't even one from Kaplan itself for the qbank % (or at least a functional one). If you want to read about people's experiences that took it, then you can do a search, both on SDN and google. If you look around a little somewhere you'll find posts from people that took it, then updated and said what they got later. I looked in the past when I was debating whether or not to take one. High 70s on the full lengths is probably somewhere in the high 240s. Given that it's anecdotal, you can probably add or subtract 20 from that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How was your test?
I thought the questions were easier than uworld. On par with the practice exams, that I thought were of similar difficulty - nbme, free 150, uwsa. I didn't have any of those linked questions where you have to submit the first before answering the second. Honestly, I don't remember much from test day so these are just general feelings I think I felt lol.
Will June 19th test takers definitely get their results on July 9th?
I don't think anyone can say when you will definitely get it. However, going by the way the NBME announcement reads, and the fact that July 9 will be the 3rd Wednesday following your exam, I'd say there is a very high likelihood that your score will be posted on July 9th.Will June 19th test takers definitely get their results on July 9th?
I don't think anyone can say when you will definitely get it. However, going by the way the NBME announcement reads, and the fact that July 9 will be the 3rd Wednesday following your exam, I'd say there is a very high likelihood that your score will be posted on July 9th.
Yeah it's looking like the 6/23 group won't get them this week though which sucks.
Right. From what I've read, people who take the test on a Monday or Tuesday will have their scores reported on the 4th Wednesday after the exam whereas people who take it on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday will have it reported on the 3rd Wednesday after their exam. So, people who took it the week of June 23rd will likely receive their scores on the 16th.Yeah it's looking like the 6/23 group won't get them this week though which sucks.
yeah ur right took NBME 7 tuday got a 241...my personal goal is 255..so kinda disappointed i have three weeks to improve my score..That's your third time asking, what tipped you off?
A majority of people don't take the Kaplan Full lengths. There isn't even one from Kaplan itself for the qbank % (or at least a functional one). If you want to read about people's experiences that took it, then you can do a search, both on SDN and google. If you look around a little somewhere you'll find posts from people that took it, then updated and said what they got later. I looked in the past when I was debating whether or not to take one. High 70s on the full lengths is probably somewhere in the high 240s. Given that it's anecdotal, you can probably add or subtract 20 from that.
How can I open Phloston's ppts?
Edit the file name and add .pptx
yeah ur right took NBME 7 tuday got a 241...my personal goal is 255..so kinda disappointed i have three weeks to improve my score..
lol did you make your username from your name and desired step 1 score
Getting anxious about results being released next week. I feel that my test had some WTF questions and know already of ~13 questions I got wrong for sure, but the number is of course likely to be higher than that. My initial goal was a 250, but my last couple of NBMEs (245, both form 15 and 16), UWSA 1 (263) and Free 150 (89%) place me below of the 250+ range.
As I mentioned right after my test on here, the form I got had a generous amount of questions on topics that I'm particularly good at (kidney, immunology, behavioral/biostats), but think that there were also a ridiculous number of questions where I was unsure of my final answer and had to move on due to time constrains.
As I mentioned right after my test on here, the form I got had a generous amount of questions on topics that I'm particularly good at (kidney, immunology, behavioral/biostats), but think that there were also a ridiculous number of questions where I was unsure of my final answer and had to move on due to time constrains.
Last edited:
Getting anxious about results being released next week. I feel that my test had some WTF questions and now already of ~13 questions I got wrong for sure, but the number is of course likely to be higher than that. My initial goal was a 250, but my last couple of NBMEs (245, both form 15 and 16), UWSA 1 (263) and Free 150 (89%) place me below of the 250+ range.
As I mentioned right after my test on here, the form I got had a generous amount of questions on topics that I particularly good at (kidney, immunology, behavioral/biostats), but think that there were also a ridiculous number of questions where I was unsure of my final answer and had to move on due to time constrains.
You're not alone I'm anxious too and have similar goals. Let's hope the next few days go by quickly.
Can someone explain how to check if your permit is "gone"?
The link for me is still there but when I click it says that I may have sat for it and no longer available...is this what everyone else is seeing?
The link for me is still there but when I click it says that I may have sat for it and no longer available...is this what everyone else is seeing?
Last edited:
I am saying the same thing lol. The wait is awful!!! OB rotation is keeping me busy though 🙂No way I'm waiting. I'm ready to finally see which specialities I can't do lol.
I took it June 19th and my permit is gone.
Nah, the link would be fully gone if your score is coming out. Like for mine there is nothing to click on to get that pop up anymore.So I still have the link to my permit there and when I click on the link it says, "Not avaliable" does this mean what I think it means? ugh shudders.
Nope, the link would be fully gone. There will be nothing to click onCan someone explain how to check if your permit is "gone"?
The link for me is still there but when I click it says that I may have sat for it and no longer available...is this what everyone else is seeing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope, the link would be fully gone. There will be nothing to click on
thanks so much for the reply....looks like the wait continues for actual "late" june test-takers
Yea, good luck to you though....i'm ****ting bricks over here since after the test I felt horrible. Just finding some comfort in the fact that it was the general consensus lolthanks so much for the reply....looks like the wait continues for actual "late" june test-takers
Yea, good luck to you though....i'm ****ting bricks over here since after the test I felt horrible. Just finding some comfort in the fact that it was the general consensus lol
I agree that's the general consensus from what I've read here. But I felt like mine was about the same difficulty as the NBMEs. My curve is going to be horrible :/
appreciate it, you too! at the very least the anxiety will be all over for you this week ... from everyone i've talked to they all feel horrible about the exam but let's just hope that it's just a feeling and not actualityYea, good luck to you though....i'm ****ting bricks over here since after the test I felt horrible. Just finding some comfort in the fact that it was the general consensus lol
I agree that's the general consensus from what I've read here. But I felt like mine was about the same difficulty as the NBMEs. My curve is going to be horrible :/
same here...i think i missed too many for the curve to help me lol ...hoping for the best though
I'm hoping that the curve is more like the CBSE than the NBMEs. Still kicking myself for second-guessing myself and the stupid mistakes, but there's nothing I can do about it now.
I'll be in a lecture at 11 am EST...if the lecturer is astute enough:
Preparing my jimmies for the ultimate rustle...
I mean, it sounds like we will all be on the wards, but we do have smart phones, amirite?
I mean, it sounds like we will all be on the wards, but we do have smart phones, amirite?
I can't see any upside to checking our scores during a clinical day. Good or bad, you need that alone time when you check. Play some happy music, too.
I mean, it sounds like we will all be on the wards, but we do have smart phones, amirite?
Yeah, I just find it amusing that if orientation lasted 30 mins longer I'd be able to check no problem.
I can't see any upside to checking our scores during a clinical day. Good or bad, you need that alone time when you check. Play some happy music, too.
Upside is finally knowing what is open to you after two long years. I don't need to be alone, but I can see how some people would want to be.
Oh no doubt I will be checking it alone so I'm sure I will find a bathroom and cry it out. But seriously, there is no way I could go the rest of day knowing that I could know my score and not check it. Good or bad, I'm ready to move on from Step 1.
Oh no doubt I will be checking it alone so I'm sure I will find a bathroom and cry it out. But seriously, there is no way I could go the rest of day knowing that I could know my score and not check it. Good or bad, I'm ready to move on from Step 1.
^Absolutely agree with this. The last couple of days have almost made me more anxious than the last couple of days prior to my actual exam - probably because I felt like 3-4 weeks was SUCH a long time that I basically forgot I was waiting on my score report and now suddenly those 3-4 weeks have zoomed by and it's almost July 9th. I'm so certain I failed even though I had a strong buffer going into the test and all I can think about is having to re-open my Step 1 book again soon after seeing my score report🙁
I was curious as to how you all think this has changed. Please see the thread attached and give me some feedback. I am sure more than just I would appreciate it. Thanks.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/uworld-vs-nbme-vs-real-deal.902900/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/uworld-vs-nbme-vs-real-deal.902900/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was curious as to how you all think this has changed. Please see the thread attached and give me some feedback. I am sure more than just I would appreciate it. Thanks.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/uworld-vs-nbme-vs-real-deal.902900/
I didn't do UWSA, but for me, hardest to easiest was Step 1 >>> UW Qbank > NBME.
When is your test, J DUB?
About 5 weeks away...but I am having surgery in the morning so I will be down a few weeks. I almost was ready to take it if I had a few more weeks. But, I rather feel better and take the test not sick. So, I am basically splitting my studying.I didn't do UWSA, but for me, hardest to easiest was Step 1 >>> UW Qbank > NBME.
When is your test, J DUB?
Thanks. I plan to take a few days and work my way back into it. But, I like most of us will push myself because I want to be ready to take this thing.I hope your surgery goes well and you're feeling better soon! And remember to take some time away from studying to let your body fully heal. Health comes first!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 871
