You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!
Started by iDOliveinMD
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Way too soon man. August just started.
Way too soon man. August just started.
Touche, probably should have waited till October. If the mods want to delete the thread they have my blessing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To anyone who is worried about not having interviews yet: many schools haven't even started to issue interview invitations yet. Please don't be concerned at all. It is way too early in this process to be concerned about having no interviews.
From what I've learned many schools haven't even had their adcoms sit down as a group yet.
Thanks, I'm freaking out rn about interviews cause I have none. You guys just gave me so much hope.
I'd be willing to bet that some of the schools you applied to have yet to invite a single person to an interview. Don't worry!Thanks, I'm freaking out rn about interviews cause I have none. You guys just gave me so much hope.
Neurotic is the new black.
yeah, but don't wear it to an interview 😉Neurotic is the new black.
This thread is designed for discussion and support for those applicants that have not yet received a single interview invite to an allopathic medical school. Tasteful trolling and or comic relief is encouraged.
Add your name to the list of shame and then delete it when you get your first interview
iDOliveinMD
Oh_Gee
lol
Add your name to the list of shame and then delete it when you get your first interview
iDOliveinMD
Oh_Gee
lol
It's freaking august... I'm pretty sure I didn't even have my application completed at this point back when I applied
.
Last edited:
Correct, I should have waited till closer to say October to make this thread, my mistake. Some places certainly have at least looked at applications, hence my rejections.
Yea every time my phone vibrates I hope that it is an II but instead it is usually just a notification from one of my games and it's not words with friends...because I don't have any friends!
yup I hate how I keep getting emails that say in the preview "congratulations! or we are glad to inform you!" ....then...."your application is now complete".........
-________________-
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, you are correct that some have. However, many have not started offering any interviews yet. Personally, my list is 15 schools long, and only 8 have offered any interviews yet. Given that many schools haven't even given a single interview offer, I hope that all applicants who don't have any interviews yet can see that there are still TONS of slots up for grabs, and they should not be even remotely concerned.Correct, I should have waited till closer to say October to make this thread, my mistake. Some places certainly have at least looked at applications, hence my rejections.
I agree that it is super early in the cycle and that SDN certainly breeds neuroticism. That said, just about each school specific thread i'm following has applicants who have received II already. Probably a very small minority, but schools are certainly giving out IIs. If they were not, my neuroticism wouldn't be so bad. I've given myself insomnia, waking up hours before my alarm clock to compulsively check if i have any new emails. Hopefully none of us will need to revisit this thread after another month or so has passed.
At first I was upset I didn't have any interviews, then I realized I didn't submit an application this year.
Seriously! Why would they do this? I don't need to be congratulated just because i turned in all the pieces of my application. I'm looking at you UW.yup I hate how I keep getting emails that say in the preview "congratulations! or we are glad to inform you!" ....then...."your application is now complete".........
-________________-
141 MD schools, 141 ways to do itDoes anyone know how schools usually do the II invites? Like are first round usually the people with absurdly good stats? People who applied earliest?
I hear you. Please realize, though, that most of us are probably over-estimating the number of IIs that have been given out. For example, I felt like Oakland had given out probably like a third of the IIs they were going to give out, and then I looked on their interview tracker, and I saw that they had only given out 36 of the 500 they are going to give out. That's only 7%. I had really over-estimated how many slots were gone.I agree that it is super early in the cycle and that SDN certainly breeds neuroticism. That said, just about each school specific thread i'm following has applicants who have received II already. Probably a very small minority, but schools are certainly giving out IIs. If they were not, my neuroticism wouldn't be so bad. I've given myself insomnia, waking up hours before my alarm clock to compulsively check if i have any new emails. Hopefully none of us will need to revisit this thread after another month or so has passed.
Oakland is the only school I know of that has it. It's just a thing on their website that tells you how many interviews they think they'll give out (500) and how many they've given out to date.Interview tracker?! What's that?? Is that a uniquely Oakland thing, or something that other schools have as well?
Like I said, I don't know of any others that do. It's a pretty unique thing, and it can be bad if we all start obsessively checking it every hour. However, it is a good way for us to see that there are a whole lot more slots open than we probably think.That's cool. As if i needed something else to compulsively check...maybe i won't look into what other schools have trackers.
Um, that's really bad. Like seriously unhealthy. Totally not joking. This is literally how some people develop anxiety disorders over time. I'm serious; I've worked with people who started off like this. Why do you have so much free time? What do you do during the week? Please find some activity to keep yourself occupied and don't let your mind sit idle to fuss about this process. You submitted late July, you have no business thinking you'll get any responses in just 2 weeks. Block SDN from your computer if you need to. Don't check it if it makes you nervous. I'm 100% serious.I agree that it is super early in the cycle and that SDN certainly breeds neuroticism. That said, just about each school specific thread i'm following has applicants who have received II already. Probably a very small minority, but schools are certainly giving out IIs. If they were not, my neuroticism wouldn't be so bad. I've given myself insomnia, waking up hours before my alarm clock to compulsively check if i have any new emails. Hopefully none of us will need to revisit this thread after another month or so has passed.
I appreciate what appears to be well intentioned concern, but i gotta push back against some of your characterizations.
First off, i have been working in the mental health field for 7 years, so i'm aware of anxiety disorders and how they develop. My personality is on the anxious side, but i don't have problems with anxiety and it isn't certainly any more extreme than the anxiety that i see from others on this board. Seeing how frequently folks post leads me to believe i'm not the only one that refreshes this page an embarrassing amount every day.
As far as free time, i work full time in clinical research, volunteer, and have a decently robust social life. So I don't think i have "so much free time". Not sure how how my saying that i don't sleep as well when i have things on my mind, i think a quality that probably characterizes much of SDN and the population in general, equates to me having copious amounts of free time (for what it's worth, i wake up early in anticipation before lots of big life events, travels etc). That said, i do work on a computer all day, which means i have ample opportunity to read SDN.
In terms of when i submitted, it was when my mcat scores were released on the 21st, which to be fair, is actually closer to the middle of the month than the end of the month! Aaannnddd, you gotta admit, the school threads are full of people who submitted around my dates and are starting to get replies. I'm not EXPECTING them anytime soon, i'm just looking forward to receiving them!
Again, just wrote out this reply cuz i always gotta play devil's advocate. I appreciate your concern but i think i'm safe, for now. As is always the case, the giddiness and excitement starts to wane the longer i wait.
All that said, blocking SDN may be beneficial for my work productivity...
First off, i have been working in the mental health field for 7 years, so i'm aware of anxiety disorders and how they develop. My personality is on the anxious side, but i don't have problems with anxiety and it isn't certainly any more extreme than the anxiety that i see from others on this board. Seeing how frequently folks post leads me to believe i'm not the only one that refreshes this page an embarrassing amount every day.
As far as free time, i work full time in clinical research, volunteer, and have a decently robust social life. So I don't think i have "so much free time". Not sure how how my saying that i don't sleep as well when i have things on my mind, i think a quality that probably characterizes much of SDN and the population in general, equates to me having copious amounts of free time (for what it's worth, i wake up early in anticipation before lots of big life events, travels etc). That said, i do work on a computer all day, which means i have ample opportunity to read SDN.
In terms of when i submitted, it was when my mcat scores were released on the 21st, which to be fair, is actually closer to the middle of the month than the end of the month! Aaannnddd, you gotta admit, the school threads are full of people who submitted around my dates and are starting to get replies. I'm not EXPECTING them anytime soon, i'm just looking forward to receiving them!
Again, just wrote out this reply cuz i always gotta play devil's advocate. I appreciate your concern but i think i'm safe, for now. As is always the case, the giddiness and excitement starts to wane the longer i wait.
All that said, blocking SDN may be beneficial for my work productivity...
I appreciate what appears to be well intentioned concern, but i gotta push back against some of your characterizations.
First off, i have been working in the mental health field for 7 years, so i'm aware of anxiety disorders and how they develop. My personality is on the anxious side, but i don't have problems with anxiety and it isn't certainly any more extreme than the anxiety that i see from others on this board. Seeing how frequently folks post leads me to believe i'm not the only one that refreshes this page an embarrassing amount every day.
As far as free time, i work full time in clinical research, volunteer, and have a decently robust social life. So I don't think i have "so much free time". Not sure how how my saying that i don't sleep as well when i have things on my mind, i think a quality that probably characterizes much of SDN and the population in general, equates to me having copious amounts of free time (for what it's worth, i wake up early in anticipation before lots of big life events, travels etc). That said, i do work on a computer all day, which means i have ample opportunity to read SDN.
In terms of when i submitted, it was when my mcat scores were released on the 21st, which to be fair, is actually closer to the middle of the month than the end of the month! Aaannnddd, you gotta admit, the school threads are full of people who submitted around my dates and are starting to get replies. I'm not EXPECTING them anytime soon, i'm just looking forward to receiving them!
Again, just wrote out this reply cuz i always gotta play devil's advocate. I appreciate your concern but i think i'm safe, for now. As is always the case, the giddiness and excitement starts to wane the longer i wait.
All that said, blocking SDN may be beneficial for my work productivity...
Sorry but posting that you're suffering from insomnia and waking up hours earlier than your alarm due to anxiety and presumably will continue to do so for weeks and weeks as interview offers come out... I think that warrants concern. And if anyone else is experiencing this they should follow avgn's advice and not take solace in the fact that other premeds are also falling apart both in body and mind over something they can't control.
Alright let's all agree that this will be a stressful endeavor and we just need to take it easy. I am a reapplicant and am also waiting day and night for something to show up.
This just means we have a lot of passion to be excellent physicians in the future. Last year, I was confident I'll get in, but I didn't. Still not giving up, and praying that I hear something soon.
Let's just keep motivating each other and hope for the best. We just have to keep pushing forward.
This just means we have a lot of passion to be excellent physicians in the future. Last year, I was confident I'll get in, but I didn't. Still not giving up, and praying that I hear something soon.
Let's just keep motivating each other and hope for the best. We just have to keep pushing forward.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here.I used to never go on SDN at all. Now I'm here everyday
lol imagine if every school had a tracker...Interview tracker?! What's that?? Is that a uniquely Oakland thing, or something that other schools have as well?
make it stopSame here.
how do we stop
I used to never go on SDN at all. Now I'm here everyday
I had an account since 2011 but I didnt make my first post until July. Now I'm stuck here too.
You'll move on one day. I'm stuck here.I had an account since 2011 but I didnt make my first post until July. Now I'm stuck here too.
Last edited by a moderator:
You'll move on one day. I'm stuck.
That's what I thought until I saw my attending at the ED surfing sdn then I realized people never escape this place.
I can't believe the hospital firewall lets him in!That's what I thought until I saw my attending at the ED surfing sdn then I realized people never escape this place.
I'm glad you recognize the need for your frequent and perpetual presence on this forum. We all appreciate it!You'll move on one day. I'm stuck.
i think we can come to the conclusion that as soon as you start posting, you're hookedSeriously I'm trying to recall how the hell I ended up here. I was on this website since my junior year of college, merely a lurker in the shadows. I felt no neuroses whatsoever, I was just your average happygolucky premed enjoying life. Then one day I made an account, and made about ten posts. Next thing you know, 5 months has passed and I'm stuck here. At this point, I couldn't even leave if I wanted to. Somebody please kick me off this island so I can have my life back
there should be a huge PSA banner at the top of this site for newcomers
lol watch the researchers who've never used the site before, instantly become addictedSDN Addiction? Research possibility??!!
Tsk tsk self-experimentation is frowned upon by the scientific communitylol watch the researchers who've never used the site before, instantly become addicted

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unless you're a girl, apparentlyyeah, but don't wear it to an interview 😉
D
deleted702880
Same here. Last year davis sent me an interview on 7/23. This year all I've been getting so far is silence on all fronts.I dont mind getting my first II a month from now. What scares me is the possibility that I may not get an II at all. I really hope I get one!
I feel you. My first (and only) interview invite last year was 8/7, just the thought of a repeat shut out makes me throw all reason and comfort out the window!Same here. Last year davis sent me an interview on 7/23. This year all I've been getting so far is silence on all fronts.
lol watch the researchers who've never used the site before, instantly become addicted
Day 37: the test subjects have accepted me as one of their own after I ridiculed a "noob" for asking if publications were necessary for top10 matriculation. Mean number of likes per comment was 3.96, with a STDDEV of 1.3
I'd imagine it would go something like that
Similar threads
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 86
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 19
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K