Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Getting seriously worried now.

Assuming some schools have already passed you up on a chance for an interview, is it more likely not to get an interview from other ones too?

32 MCAT, 3.8 cGPA, Indian, decent EC's, research (1 yr w/1 publication).

Getting highly anxious now. Some friends of mine have gotten 2 II's and I'm sitting here empty.

What worries me is that if other schools think I suck, would the schools that haven't started interviewing think I suck too?

Members don't see this ad.

Getting seriously worried now.

Assuming some schools have already passed you up on a chance for an interview, is it more likely not to get an interview from other ones too?

32 MCAT, 3.8 cGPA, Indian, decent EC's, research (1 yr w/1 publication).

Getting highly anxious now. Some friends of mine have gotten 2 II's and I'm sitting here empty.

What worries me is that if other schools think I suck, would the schools that haven't started interviewing think I suck too?
i think that if at the end of the interview season (march, i think but not sure) and you haven't gotten any, it is the time to worry.
but hang in there bud. we're all in this together

Reactions: 1 user
There are several schools who haven't started reviewing applications yet. Some people are just now receiving their secondaries. I think there is nothing for you to worry about.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
sigh. 13 out of the 32 schools I applied to have already sent out IIs.....and it worries me that I don't have a single one. Starting to lose hope that I'll even get one interview invite if so many schools have already passed over me.... :(

sigh. 13 out of the 32 schools I applied to have already sent out IIs.....and it worries me that I don't have a single one. Starting to lose hope that I'll even get one interview invite if so many schools have already passed over me.... :(
They haven't passed over you! They're just saving the best for last ;)
But honestly. Super high stats usually get the first round of interviews, while us mere mortals have to wait for a more holistic/comparative review later in the season.

Reactions: 2 users
:)

27649521.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
I just want ONE. And yeah, i am panicking. Im trying to scramble together a DO shadowing to get a letter so i can get a letter. Already applied to 25 MD schools. Idk what more i can do. But nothing but silence isnt encouraging me.

Is it fair to assume that if you were completed on numerous secondaries in early July but haven't heard back yet, that you have been placed on some sort of unofficial hold for later re-review? There are people who have submitted WEEKS after me and have already received rejections / interview invites so I can only hope that this means they've reviewed my app and decided that I shouldn't be immediately rejected. Does this make sense or is this just wishful thinking on my part?

Is it fair to assume that if you were completed on numerous secondaries in early July but haven't heard back yet, that you have been placed on some sort of unofficial hold for later re-review? There are people who have submitted WEEKS after me and have already received rejections / interview invites so I can only hope that this means they've reviewed my app and decided that I shouldn't be immediately rejected. Does this make sense or is this just wishful thinking on my part?

Depends on the school. Some schools don't give any rejections until after interview season (Emory comes to mind), whereas others reject all along (UChicago). So at the schools following the latter method, no news thus far is still good news ;)

Maybe its different for attendings, but as a scribe my computer allows me on here all the time :D
Nice.
The home page and articles come up but we get: Warning! Unauthorized! for the forums.
That's odd! I work at a VA hospital and my computer lets me on here all day, and we're usually blocked from everything.

That's odd! I work at a VA hospital and my computer lets me on here all day, and we're usually blocked from everything.
It's probably just as well. I get more screening done this way.
Every time I see a 508 I think of it as a "Rachiie!"

Members don't see this ad :)
It's probably just as well. I get more screening done this way.
Every time I see a 508 I think of it as a "Rachiie!"
Hahaha I didn't score a 508!!! I just argued for a fair 508 conversion. But I'm glad that makes you think of me :)
Edit: a "Rachiie" better have a positive connotation!

This rolling admissions stuff is brutal, no idea how you do it. Here we get interviews on the same day in January and acceptances on the same day in May. Two crazy days, but this whole am I getting a secondary, am I getting an LOR request, when will my letters get uploaded stuff is crazy.

Kudos to reapplicants for trudging through it twice.

Although I have 2 IIs, if I had a quarter for every time I've refreshed my email, I could have probably paid off this whole app cycle!

Reactions: 4 users
May I ask, how have you attributed your success thus far?
I noticed we are applying to similar schools with comparable LizzyM and EC (from a glance).

I replied in a PM to you also, but I think I was careful about aligning my application with the school's mission and focus.

See, I told you you weren't underdog. But congratulations on all the invites.

I still consider myself an underdog. ;) Good luck to you if you're applying this year!

That's cool. As if i needed something else to compulsively check...maybe i won't look into what other schools have trackers.
ECU's Brody SOM has one (they update it like every month or so). But they only accept NC residents so they don't get many applicants.

To anyone stressing: go look at MDApps profiles and look at the dates people received interview invitations. Applicants who were wildly successful and had loads of interviews had their IIs trickle in from August all the way through November. Sure, early invites are nice, but it's far too early to read anything into it!

Reactions: 4 users
Awesome, congrats :)

On a sadder note, I don't really see how that message is supposed to help people feel better. =/
Misery loves company

Edit: thought you said thread, not message. Rescind my statement.

Last edited:
I've gotten rejections from Tulane and Georgetown. Are these schools difficult to get into or am I just not that great of an applicant?

I've gotten rejections from Tulane and Georgetown. Are these schools difficult to get into or am I just not that great of an applicant?
I don't know about Tulane, but Georgetown recessives 100 million applications (slight exaggeration), so even lots of good candidates get turned away.
It's what people refer to as a "low-yield" school, since there stats aren't out of reach for lower-stat students and are perceived as "safer" for higher-stat students.

In my original post I said, "Tasteful trolling and or comic relief is encouraged." I suppose the "5 interview invites" fits the former description.

Must have missed that. Sorry :) Just thought if I were in that position, seeing that would probably automatically shoot my neuroticisim level to MAX9000 :)

Awesome, congrats :)

On a sadder note, I don't really see how that message is supposed to help people feel better. =/
But the real question is, is /u/winterwind_23 from CA? My neuroticism is state specific

Oh ok. So applying to lower yield schools are generally a waste of time I guess? What are some good low tier schools to apply to then?

Oh ok. So applying to lower yield schools are generally a waste of time I guess? What are some good low tier schools to apply to then?
http://medical-schools.startclass.com/
sort by number of applicants or gpa or mcat or acceptance rate, whatever you want. Really though I think a better bet is to aim for schools that value what you have to offer rather than the low tier spray and pray

Got my first rejection today and still no II. I am crazy jealous of those who already have II, especially the one who have multiple II. Honestly, though, the stress of medical school admissions sometimes doesn't seem worth it.

Congrats are in order but why are you posting this in this thread?
Taken too literally, the thread is also open to the statement: "Oh no, I don't have a single interview (, I have five and it has its downsides hence the oh no.)"

I believe that falls within the spirit of trolling this thread!

Also, big congrats /u/winterwind_23 you're clearly doing something right that all of us are not!

Taken too literally, the thread is also open to the statement: "Oh no, I don't have a single interview (, I have five and it has its downsides hence the oh no.)"

I believe that falls within the spirit of trolling this thread!

Also, big congrats /u/winterwind_23 you're clearly doing something right that all of us are not!

Ah lol my bad

First time poster here. I am getting a little nervous. I have a 3.7/519--no clue how to translate to LizzyM--with a lot of leadership and 1 publication (albeit: 2nd author), and I haven't heard a peep. Am I just being neurotic or should I actually be nervous?

First time poster here. I am getting a little nervous. I have a 3.7/519--no clue how to translate to LizzyM--with a lot of leadership and 1 publication (albeit: 2nd author), and I haven't heard a peep. Am I just being neurotic or should I actually be nervous?
Well a 519 is the same percentile score as a 37 so I'd say your LM is ~74. I think the general consensus is that absolutely everyone is being neurotic right now and the real time to worry about not having interviews comes much later.

Reactions: 3 users
I am realizing that one of the reasons this wait is so painful is that I tend to catastrophize things...If my partner isn't home on time and not answering their phone, it's clearly because they got in a car accident! I haven't heard from any schools, so i'm thinking there is some huge red flag that i somehow overlooked and i'll not hear anything positive this whole cycle. Now, objectively and rationally i know this is not the case, but objectivity doesn't mean jack when neurotic emotions are at play. Even having just one II will put my mind at ease and then i won't mind waiting to hear from other schools.

Until then, it's rehashing my primary and secondaries over and over in my head wondering where that red flag lays.

And this, folks, is the difference between someone with, say, panic disorder and most of SDN. While we know we are being neurotic and that these fears are actually baseless, those with panic or other anxiety disorders often think their catastrophizing thoughts are actual reality.

As difficult it is to see everyone else getting IIs, it is also encouraging to see that there are others who are in my position as well, receiving nothing but silence from our schools. Hang in there all!

It isn't even half way through August. Most people doing EDP haven't heard anything from his/her medical school yet. Chill...