*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Application Timeline Thread (Submitted, Verified, Mailed) *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/13
Reapplicant?: No

DAT Taken: Will take 8/12
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: --

Transcript(s) Submitted: june
Transcript(s) Received: 7/7, 6/9
GPA Verified: 7/20

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: not yet - - - waiting on one professor for the last month and a half...
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: ---

Date Application Mailed: 7/22/16
Batch #: ---

Residency: AZ
Schools Applied To:
AT Still-AZ --- Secondary Received last night
Creighton
Loma Linda
MW-AZ --- Secondary Received last night
NYU
OHSU
Roseman
UCLA
Louisville
USC
UoP
Utah
Western

GPA and DAT: BCP 3.89 Inc, sGPA 3.90, Total 3.92 Inc +/- DAT - TBA

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an email from temple saying :
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your application to the four-year program at the Kornberg School of Dentistry. Please be informed that the school will not request the supplemental application and fee at this time. Please be assured that your application is being processed, and you need not call about your application status. Supplemental applications and fee may be requested mid-August.

What does this mean? Am I not being considered at all? Is it possible for them to ask me for a supplemental mid-August or do they say that as just a courtesy? I havent taken the dat I take it 7/20. App was verified 7/1 .

Thanks
It is just what it is. The fee and supplemental are sent mid-August to everyone. Like Meharry's (which opens August 1st)

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/08

DAT Taken: Yes, 6/16/2016
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/30/2016

Transcript(s) Submitted: June
Transcript(s) Received: 6/27, 7/12
GPA Verified: 7/19

Date Application Mailed: 7/22/16
Batch #: not quite sure what this means.

Residency: AZ
Schools Applied To:
AT Still-AZ --- Secondary Received last night
Creighton
MW-AZ --- Secondary Received last night
OHSU
Roseman
Utah
Case Western
Harvard
UNLV
Tufts
Texas A&M
Texas - Houston
Texas - San Antonio

GPA (w +/-): 3.81BCP, 3.77 Science, 3.64 Non-Science, 3.68 Total
GPA (w/o +/-): 4.0 BCP, 3.89 Science, 3.67 Non-Science, 3.74 Total
DAT: 23PAT, 21 QR, 22RC, 19 Bio, 25GC, 23OC, 22Sci, 22AA

Just a heads up, Loma Linda secondary app deadline is the 28th of this month...I 'm working on the short answer portions now!!

I just finished it yesterday :) Good luck!

For anyone that is applying to UNLV make sure you call to have your application completed and under review. I called asking about the Human Anatomy requirement and the lady said she would go ahead and complete my application since I called anyways. While we were on the phone, I received an email saying application complete and under review. Just wanted to give people a heads up. I don't actually know if you have to call or not.

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone that is applying to UNLV make sure you call to have your application completed and under review. I called asking about the Human Anatomy requirement and the lady said she would go ahead and complete my application since I called anyways. While we were on the phone, I received an email saying application complete and under review. Just wanted to give people a heads up. I don't actually know if you have to call or not.
You don't need to call, I got that email a while back as did others

Reactions: 1 users
Just a heads up, Loma Linda secondary app deadline is the 28th of this month...I 'm working on the short answer portions now!!

I got an email about an hour ago telling me that their secondary app wasn't due till august 24th. Maybe it is automatically a month from when they receive your app

I got an email today that my application is under review for nova but I never sent them my unofficial dat scores and my scores still haven't been uploaded (I took the dat on July 1st). They said everything is complete when I called, so I was wondering if the preselected schools (when you schedule your dat and you have to check off the schools you want to receive your dat) automatically get your dat scores? i did enter my dat scores on the supplement, but that was it. Any help is appreciated!

For Nova Supplemental, did you list all of the schools you applied to? I am just worried because I don't want them to think I am not interested in their schools just because I applied to 10 others. Thanks!

For Nova Supplemental, did you list all of the schools you applied to? I am just worried because I don't want them to think I am not interested in their schools just because I applied to 10 others. Thanks!

yes. would you rather have them view you as shady? they won't deny you an interview because you applied to 11 schools, but they can deny you if you willingly fail to disclose the information asked. just have a good reason for why you want to attend nova on the day of your interview

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Lol it was just a question.. I don't know why people make things such a big deal .. all this person did was ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/19/16
Reapplicant?: Yes

DAT Taken: 6/21/15
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 7/9/15

Transcript(s) Submitted: N/A
Transcript(s) Received: 7/19/15
GPA Verified: 7/24/16-ish

Date Application Mailed: 7/29/16

Residency: VA
Schools Applied To:
- Case
- Columbia
- LECOM
- Marquette
- MWU-IL
- NYU
- NOVA
- Roseman
- Rutgers
- Touro
- Detroit
- Louisville
- Maryland
- Minnesota
- Upenn
- Pitt
- Pacific
- VCU
- Western
- UNE

GPA and DAT: cGPA: 3.35, sGPA: 3.33 (Graduate GPA from formal post-bacc 3.40)
DAT: AA 23 / TS 24 / PAT 20 / QR 21 / RC 18 / BIO 23 / GC 26 / OC 25

Last edited:
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: Monday 7/18/16

DAT Taken: 5/26/16
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/09/16

Transcript(s) Submitted: June
Transcript(s) Received: 6/10/16
GPA Verified: Thursday 7/21/16

Date Application Mailed: Friday 7/29/16
Batch #: #idk

Residency: Michigan
Schools Applied To: Michigan, Maryland, Pittsburgh
GPA and DAT: GPA 3.96
AA 20| TS 20| PAT 17 | Bio 22 | GC 19 | OC 20 | RC 20 | QR 19

Hi! I'm just curious if anyone that has applied to Pitt received confirmation that their application was received. I sent in a cashier's check a few weeks ago and still haven't heard anything

Hi! I'm just curious if anyone that has applied to Pitt received confirmation that their application was received. I sent in a cashier's check a few weeks ago and still haven't heard anything

I received a confirmation email, but took a few weeks. Hang tight!

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/18/16

DAT Taken: 12/03/15
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 12/30/15

Transcript(s) Submitted: 7/18/16
Transcript(s) Received: 7/26/16
GPA Verified: 7/27/16

Batch #: -

Residency: CA
Schools Applied To: UCLA, UCSF, UOP, Michigan, Harvard, Penn, Columbia
GPA and DAT: GPA 3.81 | sGPA 3.84
AA 24 | TS 22 | RC 25 | PAT 26

Last edited:
What schools interview students/offer interviews having received their unofficial DAT scores? Based on anyone's own experience, someone you know, or what is commonly known. I thought Midwestern would offer me an interview because they added my unofficial score to my file, but haven't heard back for an interview. Most likely my scores will be uploaded in a week or 2, but until then, will I hear crickets chirping? :(

Shoot I really shot myself in the foot. I haven't submitted my application yet :( . How long will the GPA take to verify you guys think? My stats are fine but are my schools going to look at my application late now? Im submitting today or tomorrow

Shoot I really shot myself in the foot. I haven't submitted my application yet :( . How long will the GPA take to verify you guys think? My stats are fine but are my schools going to look at my application late now? Im submitting today or tomorrow

You should still be ok. Some schools haven't even offered interviews yet. My GPA verification took 2 weeks and I submitted middle of July. Good luck!

You should still be ok. Some schools haven't even offered interviews yet. My GPA verification took 2 weeks and I submitted middle of July. Good luck!
Out of the 8 schools I applied to, only 1 has sent out any interviews.

I need to know what my chances of at least getting an interview are. Everything has been quiet, no supplementals. Is this bad?
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 06/17/16

DAT Taken: 06/20/16
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 07/11/16

Residency: NY
Schools Applied To: Rutgers, Stony Brook, Buffalo, UConn, University of Florida, University of Houston, Virginia Commonwealth
GPA and DAT: BCP: 3.42 Total: 3.62
AA: 18 PA: 17

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/18/16

DAT Taken: 8/10/15
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 8/27/15

Transcript(s) Received: 6/15/16 , 7/7/16
GPA Verified: 7/22/16

Letters Delivered: N/A
Letters Uploaded: Still waiting on my committee letter.

Residency: NJ
Schools Applied To: NYU, Columbia, Pittsburgh, UPenn, Rutgers, Marquette, Temple, Stony Brook, VCU and Buffalo.
GPA and DAT: BCP: 3.96, cGPA: 3.97, sGPA: 3.95 , DAT: AA-20, TS-20, PA-25, QR-21 RC-17, BIO-19, GC-23, OC-20

Question out of curiosity: Is it possible to receive interview invites without any LOE?

I need to know what my chances of at least getting an interview are. Everything has been quiet, no supplementals. Is this bad?
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 06/17/16

DAT Taken: 06/20/16
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 07/11/16

Residency: NY
Schools Applied To: Rutgers, Stony Brook, Buffalo, UConn, University of Florida, University of Houston, Virginia Commonwealth
GPA and DAT: BCP: 3.42 Total: 3.62
AA: 18 PA: 17
Hi :) Im from Houston and do research at UTHouston and have been at the school for numerous events related to pre-dent. I know the admissions panel said that they usually accept ~3.65+ along with 21+ on the DAT. They also accepted only 1 OOS out of an 80 something pool of applicants actually matriculating into first year. I think UConn is also similar. For buffalo, I know someone who had a 3.2 and a 21 who got an interview last cycle. I think stony brook is great for you cause they're OOS unfriendly. My uncle went there. They usually accept 22+ and 3.6 I heard same with Rutgers. I am not sure about Virginia or UFlorida. Hope this helps. Maybe if you have time you could retake your DAT? Personally I think adding NYU and Nova/Lecom would be a good idea too.

Good luck to you as well

hi guys,

I got an interview from NOVA and due to a conflict I think i'll have to reschedule my interview :( but im nervous about doing so because i don't know if rescheduling will push me to a later date and hinder my chances at admission since it's rolling admissions, make me seem like im not interested in NOVA, etc.

has anyone previously rescheduled their interview using the NOVA scheduling portal? what were your experiences with it? when you press reschedule, NOVA automatically cancels the interview you're currently registered for. in the worst case scenario, would i be able to just take back/schedule for the date I had before? if nothing else fits? has anyone had any experience with this?

thank you so much!!

hi guys,

I got an interview from NOVA and due to a conflict I think i'll have to reschedule my interview :( but im nervous about doing so because i don't know if rescheduling will push me to a later date and hinder my chances at admission since it's rolling admissions, make me seem like im not interested in NOVA, etc.

has anyone previously rescheduled their interview using the NOVA scheduling portal? what were your experiences with it? when you press reschedule, NOVA automatically cancels the interview you're currently registered for. in the worst case scenario, would i be able to just take back/schedule for the date I had before? if nothing else fits? has anyone had any experience with this?

thank you so much!!

Yeah if you just reschedule it will show available dates and one of them will be the one you just dropped.

Yeah if you just reschedule it will show available dates and one of them will be the one you just dropped.

Hi, thank you! Just to be sure is this what happened when you also tried to reschedule or is that what you've heard?

Hi, thank you! Just to be sure is this what happened when you also tried to reschedule or is that what you've heard?

I've rescheduled close to ~10 times last cycle for NOVA (trying to push for an earlier date). Can confirm it works like this.

Hi :) Im from Houston and do research at UTHouston and have been at the school for numerous events related to pre-dent. I know the admissions panel said that they usually accept ~3.65+ along with 21+ on the DAT. They also accepted only 1 OOS out of an 80 something pool of applicants actually matriculating into first year. I think UConn is also similar. For buffalo, I know someone who had a 3.2 and a 21 who got an interview last cycle. I think stony brook is great for you cause they're OOS unfriendly. My uncle went there. They usually accept 22+ and 3.6 I heard same with Rutgers. I am not sure about Virginia or UFlorida. Hope this helps. Maybe if you have time you could retake your DAT? Personally I think adding NYU and Nova/Lecom would be a good idea too.

Good luck to you as well
You seriously have no idea what you talking about. The average of the DAT for UT Houston last year was 19.6 so that mean 50% of last year class was below 19.6 same thing with GPA with average of 3.68. Please people stop posting your illusion as its a fact because whenever you apply for dental school they always look for different things. Your GPA and your DAT is your tool to have you pass the cut off points for each school. After that the individual differences will determine your chances of acceptance. With that been said, the research activity, hours of shadowing and community services long side with letter of recommendation will bring the acceptance. For your refernces UT houston accepted 4 out of state students last year. Two of them are friend of mine.

PEACE!

You seriously have no idea what you talking about. The average of the DAT for UT Houston last year was 19.6 so that mean 50% of last year class was below 19.6 same thing with GPA with average of 3.68. Please people stop posting your illusion as its a fact because whenever you apply for dental school they always look for different things. Your GPA and your DAT is your tool to have you pass the cut off points for each school. After that the individual differences will determine your chances of acceptance. With that been said, the research activity, hours of shadowing and community services long side with letter of recommendation will bring the acceptance. For your refernces UT houston accepted 4 out of state students last year. Two of them are friend of mine.

PEACE!
hahah so basically.. you just validated my point that the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston is very OOS unfriendly by providing personal evidence that only 4 OOS (AKA very few) were accepted this year, contrary to the ONE accepted in the past years. But anyways since you think i'm having illusions lets address that with some concrete proof. Given the fact that the Texas Medical and Dental Application Services has posted official data of in state and out of state students in ALL TEXAS DENTAL SCHOOLS at this website: https://www.tmdsas.com/Final Statistics Report- EY15-Dental.pdf (since you need proof) it says that only 17 out of state residents were accepted ENTIRELY for ALL Texas schools. Along with this information and your "2 friends" we know who's actually having illusions here and that Texas.. not only UT Health at Houston is indeed OOS UNFRIENDLY.

So these stats you have.. The average DAT for UT Houston in 2013****** was 19.6 and the average GPA was 3.65.. according to their official UT Health school of dentistry website https://www.uth.edu/fact-book/education/school-of-dentistry-medical-school-applicant-scores.htm (since you need proof).. so unless you're challenged at math you would know that's around 3 years ago.. and the standards have MOST LIKELY changed ( and the fact that I have asked the admission officer who works in my department myself and who has told me that 21 was the average she saw this cycle). Now let's address the current GPA. According to the official University of Texas Health Science Center's official reports https://www.uth.edu/dotAsset/a6a535e9-8e1b-49d5-a59e-daae259eee2a.pdf (proceed to page 46) the average GPA of those who MATRICULATED in 2015 was 3.72.. so congrats.. you just validated my point that you need a 3.65+.

And to address your holistic cliche sentence... we all know that. Clearly I mentioned in my post that I have done research at this dental school implying that I didn't apply with just a GPA and DAT like I would have had I thought this was not a holistic process. So I think you're reading comprehension is also challenged along with your math.

Anyways.. it's too early in the day to slander people who don't have their facts straight. I've done my research homie and i've enlightened you with it. So, congrats on now being educated and good luck to you this cycle.

Last edited:
hahah so basically.. you just validated my point that the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston is very OOS unfriendly by providing personal evidence that only 4 OOS (AKA very few) were accepted this year, contrary to the ONE accepted in the past years. But anyways since you think i'm having illusions lets address that with some concrete proof. Given the fact that the Texas Medical and Dental Application Services has posted official data of in state and out of state students in ALL TEXAS DENTAL SCHOOLS at this website: https://www.tmdsas.com/Final Statistics Report- EY15-Dental.pdf (since you need proof) it says that only 17 out of state residents were accepted ENTIRELY for ALL Texas schools. Along with this information and your "2 friends" we know who's actually having illusions here and that Texas.. not only UT Health at Houston is indeed OOS UNFRIENDLY.

So these stats you have.. The average DAT for UT Houston in 2013****** was 19.6 and the average GPA was 3.65.. according to their official UT Health school of dentistry website https://www.uth.edu/fact-book/education/school-of-dentistry-medical-school-applicant-scores.htm (since you need proof).. so unless you're challenged at math you would know that's around 3 years ago.. and the standards have MOST LIKELY changed ( and the fact that I have asked the admission officer who works in my department myself and who has told me that 21 was the average she saw this cycle). Now let's address the current GPA. According to the official University of Texas Health Science Center's official reports https://www.uth.edu/dotAsset/a6a535e9-8e1b-49d5-a59e-daae259eee2a.pdf (proceed to page 46) the average GPA of those who MATRICULATED in 2015 was 3.72.. so congrats.. you just validated my point that you need a 3.65+.

And to address your holistic cliche sentence... we all know that. Clearly I mentioned in my post that I have done research at this dental school implying that I didn't apply with just a GPA and DAT like I would have had I thought this was not a holistic process. So I think you're reading comprehension is also challenged along with your math.

Anyways.. it's too early in the day to slander people who don't have their facts straight. I've done my research homie and i've enlightened you with it. So, congrats on now being educated and good luck to you this cycle.
Your facts are weak to defeat my point of view that these number are for average of the entire class which is mean that 50% of the class are below these number . You makes sound like the cut off values if you re-read your post. I feel sorry for you if you think your previous post is an education for someone like me. May be for you need 3.65+ but for other people are capable to convince admission committee with 3.5 gpa since they have another activities that could support the admission. I don't want to argue with useless conversation and alert people who are in waiting for any piece of information but Button line, we are here to exchange the useful information that confront our applicants and makes everybody to stay positive.

Your facts are weak to defeat my point of view that these number are for average of the entire class which is mean that 50% of the class are below these number . You makes sound like the cut off values if you re-read your post. I feel sorry for you if you think your previous post is an education for someone like me. May be for you need 3.65+ but for other people are capable to convince admission committee with 3.5 gpa since they have another activities that could support the admission. I don't want to argue with useless conversation and alert people who are in waiting for any piece of information but Button line, we are here to exchange the useful information that confront our applicants and makes everybody to stay positive.
I just addressed the fact that you had the time to tell me "I have no idea what i'm talking about". It definitely is not the cut off value but isn't that a deciding factor for people when picking their schools or deciding what schools to apply to? I know these are the AVERAGE class profiles and there's obviously considerable people above or below those statistics bringing many extracurricular facets outside of academia. The person in the original post asked what their chances are and given the surface-level information s/he provided, along with my experiences working with staff members at the school, I can only tell her what her chances are by comparing her to the average. Neither you or I are adcoms, so when people ask us "what their chances are" we can only look at what they provide us. So I told s/he to apply to more safety schools because based on the average official facts.. is that not a good idea for the original poster and for everyone?

I just addressed the fact that you had the time to tell me "I have no idea what i'm talking about". It definitely is not the cut off value but isn't that a deciding factor for people when picking their schools or deciding what schools to apply to? I know these are the AVERAGE class profiles and there's obviously considerable people above or below those statistics bringing many extracurricular facets outside of academia. The person in the original post asked what their chances are and given the surface-level information s/he provided, along with my experiences working with staff members at the school, I can only tell her what her chances are by comparing her to the average. Neither you or I are adcoms, so when people ask us "what their chances are" we can only look at what they provide us. So I told s/he to apply to more safety schools because based on the average official facts.. is that not a good idea for the original poster and for everyone?
again I also do not wanna clutter this thread.. it's meant for a different reason and nor did I want to rant. I just felt like you saying I don't know what I'm talking about was not needed. But anyways, hope you have a good day and good luck!

If my app was mailed out more than once (say because of a new DAT score being added or a phone number change) then would schools still review my app keeping my original mail out date in mind?

My original mailing date was in July and my latest one is in mid-August...I think it would make a major difference.

Thanks guys :)

Last edited:
My application was mailed out last week of June but one of my letter of recommendation wasn't uploaded on to aadsas until the beginning of August. Do schools review my app only after my recommendation is sent or do they look and send invites before letters are all in?

Would it be too late to apply to Detroit Mercy? Should I apply or is there no way and I should save my money?

Would it be too late to apply to Detroit Mercy? Should I apply or is there no way and I should save my money?
All applicants have a fair chance to be reviewed from the beginning to the end of the cycle. Apply late has the same chances as people who applying early. The only disadvantage is that you may receive your interview by end of November or the beginning of December which is the busiest period of fall semester if you currently enrolled as fall semester student. Since you applying to dental school you have to use ALL possible resources and money shouldn't be in considerations at all. You chasing a magnificent goal I would lose my life for it. Last, if you didn't get in this cycle 'God forbid' you have a higher chance to get in next cycle as re-applicant. Go head a give a shot and waste no time. GOOD LUCK.

All applicants have a fair chance to be reviewed from the beginning to the end of the cycle. Applying late has the same chances as people who applying early. The only disadvantage is that you may receive your interview by end of November or the beginning of December which is the busiest period of fall semester if you currently enrolled as fall semester student. Since you applying to dental school you have to use ALL possible resources and money shouldn't be in considerations at all. You chasing a magnificent goal I would lose my life for it. Last, if you didn't get in this cycle 'God forbid' you have a higher chance to get in next cycle as re-applicant. Go head a give a shot and waste no time. GOOD LUCK.

has anyone heard back from TUFTS/Creighton/Midwestern-IL?????
There's been a couple Mid-IL interviews posted on here. Spoke with admissions about a month ago when emailing them my unofficial DAT score and they said interviews would start rolling out all throughout Sept

Sent from my SM-N930P using SDN mobile

Last edited:
There's been a couple Mid-IL interviews posted on here. Spoke with admissions about a month ago when emailing them my unofficial DAT score and they said interviews would start rolling out all throughout Sept

Sent from my SM-N930P using SDN mobile
Oh man, that's both terrifying and exciting! haha but good luck:) I Hope we both hear good news soon!

Is there a thread anywhere for Marquette??? Sorry first time back on here in a year. They should be starting today to send out interviews no?

Is there a thread anywhere for Marquette??? Sorry first time back on here in a year. They should be starting today to send out interviews no?
On the interview thread there was a couple of posts for Marquette already. Earlier this week.