*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Application Timeline Thread (Submitted, Verified, Mailed) *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/15/16
Reapplicant?: No

DAT Taken: 4/8/16
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 4/21/2016

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/01/16
Transcript(s) Received: 6/03/16, 6/08/16
GPA Verified: 6/27/16

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 6/15/16
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: 6/15/16

Date Application Mailed: TBD
Batch #: TBD

Residency: MD
Schools Applied To: Maryland, Pitt, UNC, Temple, VCU
GPA and DAT: oGPA 3.78; sGPA 3.94; BCP 4.00
DAT: 21 AA, 20 TS, 23 PAT, 19 Bio, 22 GC, 22 OC, 20 RC, 20 QR

Members don't see this ad.

I was just verified today! I submitted on 6/22 (transcript was received on 6/15). Good luck to everyone else applying!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do schools look at GPA with +/- or W/O +/-? Mine are quite different w/o +/- . Also I submitted on 6/20 and was verified today as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Do schools look at GPA with +/- or W/O +/-? Mine are quite different w/o +/- . Also I submitted on 6/20 and was verified today as well!
I think the consensus is that nobody really knows

DAT Taken: 4/8/16
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 4/21/2016

Transcript(s) Received: 6/03/16, 6/08/16
GPA Verified: 6/27/16

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 6/15/16
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: 6/15/16

Date Application Mailed: TBD
Batch #: TBD

Schools Applied To: Maryland, Pitt, UNC, Temple, VCU
GPA and DAT: oGPA 3.78; sGPA 3.94; BCP 4.00
DAT: 21 AA, 20 TS, 23 PAT, 19 Bio, 22 GC, 22 OC, 20 RC, 20 QR

You may want to consider retaking the DAT to increase your Bio. Also, a postbac leading to an MS may make you more competitive.

It's all or nothing for me. I'm not taking the DAT again lol. I'm a non-trad student (IT consultant) with strong ECs. I worked 20-30 hours a week while taking 3 classes per semester for my post-bac. If a 21AA isn't good enough, then I'll rest easy knowing I gave it my best

It's all or nothing for me. I'm not taking the DAT again lol. I'm a non-trad student (IT consultant) with strong ECs. I worked 20-30 hours as a week while taking 3 classes per semester for my post-bac. If a 21AA isn't good enough, then I'll rest easy knowing I gave it my best
I'm thinking they weren't being serious hahaha. There's no way you need to redo a 21AA with your GPA

Do most schools send out secondaries to everyone who applies, or do some people get out on the chopping blocked and weeded out before secondaries?
I don't think most people are weeded out before secondaries. Schools just want to do some business and get your app fee.

So if a supplemental asks for a personal statement and says you can copy and paste your AADSAS one, should one take that route or write a new one? There is no specific prompt.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
May I ask which school is that?

Members don't see this ad :)
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/16/16

DAT Taken: 03/11/16
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 3/24/2016

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/09/16
Transcript(s) Received: 6/16/16
GPA Verified: 6/29/16

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: NA
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: NA

Date Application Mailed: 6/30/16
Batch #: Is this the third?

Residency: WA
Schools Applied To: UW, ASDOH, UCSF, Oklahoma, Iowa, Case, LECOM, Midwestern, Roseman, Detroit Mercy, Minnesota, UNE, Pitt, UoP
GPA and DAT: Undergraduate : 3.74 sGPA, 3.89
DAT: 22 AA, 22 TS, 24 PAT, 25 Bio, 24 GC, 20 OC, 23 RC, 20 QR

Working long hours as a wildland firefighter by day, slaving away on supplementals by night. Hope, Hope Hope I get in, and you too!!

My application sent today (7/1) but I managed to add a few more schools earlier yesterday (6/30) and the new schools were not mailed with my application. Is there some sort of timeframe we have to make before any given Friday to make it in that batch? Because I thought the newer school designations would get sent today too…

If it's not posed by Thursday night with a mailing date, you have to wait until the next batch....I think.

Good luck everyone! I just submitted last night. Let's see if they will still continue to verify as fast as they have been for all of you early submitters.

Congrats to everyone getting supplemental/secondary applications! Mine continue to trickle in.

For secondaries-assuming they have all the GPA and DAT stats-what should an applicant focus on? What purpose do secondaries serve for dental schools?

Do most schools send out secondaries to everyone who applies, or do some people get out on the chopping blocked and weeded out before secondaries?

Thanks!

Barely anyone gets denied the chance to pay for secondaries. I won't mention the school or why, but last year I received the "Congrats you qualify for a secondary" email and the day after they cashed the check I got rejected. The rejection had nothing to do with stats or being OOS.

2nd batch is officially "mailed out" today (7/1) as shown by the AADSAS status, mine is among them. Yes, they still do it every Friday, and you have to have everything ready by Thursday at the latest in order to be in that week's batch. I am not sure if this means much though since most schools already get access to my app way earlier.

Barely anyone gets denied the chance to pay for secondaries. I won't mention the school or why, but last year I received the "Congrats you qualify for a secondary" email and the day after they cashed the check I got rejected. The rejection had nothing to do with stats or being OOS.

I know for sure of 2 schools that weed out people before secondaries, University of Utah and University of Colorado.

Canadian:

Okay, so I got an email from Buffalo a few days ago saying my application was incomplete due to not having received the official DAT score report from AADSAS. Although, us Canadians send the DAT scores directly to the school through CDA (Canadian Dental Association).

I'm assuming this was just a automated email (I emailed them, but yet to receive a response). If any Canadians have had the same experience, let me know!

Canadian:

I got the same email. I emailed them to confirm receipt of my Canadian DAT score but haven't heard back as of yet.

My application was verified the other day!

AADSAS Application E-Submitted
: 6/16/16

DAT Taken: 06/28/16
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: N/A

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/03/16
Transcript(s) Received: 6/08/16
GPA Verified: 6/26/16

UMD emailed my saying my application was on hold until my DAT scores are out.

Schools Applied To: UMD, NYU, Tufts, Marquette, Creighton, Pitt, VCU, and Temple

GPA and DAT: Undergraduate : 3.77 sGPA, 3.84
DAT: 19 AA, 18 TS, 20 PAT

I have great letters, a ton of ECs, worked and have several research projects/awards.

My application was verified the other day!

AADSAS Application E-Submitted
: 6/16/16

DAT Taken: 06/28/16
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: N/A

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/03/16
Transcript(s) Received: 6/08/16
GPA Verified: 6/26/16

UMD emailed my saying my application was on hold until my DAT scores are out.

Schools Applied To: UMD, NYU, Tufts, Marquette, Creighton, Pitt, VCU, and Temple

GPA and DAT: Undergraduate : 3.77 sGPA, 3.84
DAT: 19 AA, 18 TS, 20 PAT

I have great letters, a ton of ECs, worked and have several research projects/awards.

Did you get a supplemental from UMD yet? Just wondering. It's my top choice and I noticed you're a MD resident.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/21/16

DAT Taken: 6/13/16
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/30/16

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/1/16
Transcript(s) Received: 6/8/16, 6/3/16

Date Application Mailed: 7/1/16
Batch #: ?

Residency: Arkansas
Schools Applied: 1. Baylor 2. UT Houston 3. UT Memphis 4. Oklahoma 5. LSU 6. UMKC
GPA and DAT: 3.68 cumulative, 3.6 Science. DAT: 22AA, 23 PAT

I know for sure of 2 schools that weed out people before secondaries, University of Utah and University of Colorado.

I think this is the case with UCSF and UCLA or USC (can't remember between the two) because it says "invite only".

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/22/16
Reapplicant?: Yes (yoloswag)

DAT Taken: 08/20/2015
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 09/03/2015

Transcript(s) Received: 6/17/16

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered:
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded:

Date Application Mailed: 7/1/16 (For one school only as placeholder); 7/8/16 (0ther 16)
Batch #: dunno

Residency: CA
Schools Applied To: 17 (30 last cycle)
GPA and DAT: 3.22 sgpa 3.35 ogpa
DAT: 24 AA, 22 TS, 22 PAT

Last edited:
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/22/16
Reapplicant?: Yes (yoloswag)

DAT Taken: 08/20/2015
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 09/03/2015

Transcript(s) Received: 6/17/16

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered:
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded:

Batch #: dunno

Residency: CA
Schools Applied To: 17 (30 last cycle)
GPA and DAT: 3.22 sgpa 3.35 ogpa
DAT: 24 AA, 22 TS, 22 PAT
Did you get interviews last cycle?

If you don't mind me asking, what do you think went wrong?

Eh, could be a lot of things

For the numbers: I have an inconsistent trend in terms of GPA, I had to take the same course 3 times, academic probation, GPA is not the greatest, and my application was mailed out late in the cycle

Everything else: First few interviews went not-so-well (nervous), decided to wing a few interviews (yolo is bad, kay?), had to leave an interview (that went past the expected time) early to catch a flight, sleep deprivation, and probably other things I can't think of atm

SOOO on the bright side, it'd be pretty hard to make the same number of (possible) mistakes I made last cycle ;) On a side note, I did get wait listed at every school I interviewed at

Eh, could be a lot of things

For the numbers: I have an inconsistent trend in terms of GPA, I had to take the same course 3 times, academic probation, GPA is not the greatest, and my application was mailed out late in the cycle

Everything else: First few interviews went not-so-well (nervous), decided to wing a few interviews (yolo is bad, kay?), had to leave an interview (that went past the expected time) early to catch a flight, sleep deprivation, and probably other things I can't think of atm

SOOO on the bright side, it'd be pretty hard to make the same number of (possible) mistakes I made last cycle ;) On a side note, I did get wait listed at every school I interviewed at
Hey, thanks for being honest. We all learn from our mistakes. I'm positive you will get in this cycle!

When you guys report you GPA on here, are you putting your GPA w +/- or w/o +/- ? Also, which GPA do dental schools look at more?

Does anyone have the link to the thread that talks about each dental school's curriculum, atmosphere, exam schedules? I saw it on SDN a few days ago but i can't find it anymore! Thank you!

question:
so some schools require 3 academic LORs while others require 2 academic + 1 dentist or work..
So if you submit 4 LORs to AADSAS, are they distributed accordingly?

question:
so some schools require 3 academic LORs while others require 2 academic + 1 dentist or work..
So if you submit 4 LORs to AADSAS, are they distributed accordingly?

All 4 letters will be sent to all designated schools, so there should be no issues.

When you guys report you GPA on here, are you putting your GPA w +/- or w/o +/- ? Also, which GPA do dental schools look at more?

Eh..I do it with, but tbh there's usually little to no difference between the numbers. I don't think it really matters all too much to dschools.

What's the next update we (6/24 mailed out crew) shall see on the portal? School decisions section?

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/17/16

DAT Taken: 6/29/15
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 7/16/15

Transcript(s) Submitted: ?
Transcript(s) Received: 6/9/16
GPA Verified: 6/28/16

Batch #: ?

Residency: Virginia
Schools Applied To: VCU, Maryland, Columbia, Colorado, Harvard, Penn, Temple, UConn
GPA and DAT: See below.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/23

DAT Taken: 6/13
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/30

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/3
Transcript(s) Received: 6/15 the lastest one
GPA Verified: 7/5

Date Application Mailed: 7/8
Batch #: #3

Residency: CT
Schools Applied To:
UCONN
NYU
Meharry
UNE
Case
W Virginia
Louisville
Marquette
UMKC
Midwest
Maryland
Touro
Buffalo

GPA and DAT:
BCP 3.74
Bio GPA 3.96
SGPA 3.64
NonS 3.82
OGPA 3.70

17 AA
20 BIO
18 PAT
18 TS
16 RC

Last edited:
Bump. Anyone?
I do not see the school decision yet. I heard from many adcom officers that they less likely follow up on AADSAS. Penn said to update status thru email or snail mail rather than the AADSAS portal from the email about application complete.

I do not see the school decision yet. I heard from many adcom officers that they less likely follow up on AADSAS. Penn said to update status thru email or snail mail rather than the AADSAS portal from the email about application complete.

That's what I was wondering.. I just wasn't sure if they'd actually update anything through the portal from now until December 1st. I'd assume most contact now is just between us and each school.

That's what I was wondering.. I just wasn't sure if they'd actually update anything through the portal from now until December 1st. I'd assume most contact now is just between us and each school.

I think so too!

Should I wait until my DAT scores are posted to submit my application? (taken 6/27/16) or will this make a difference in batch mailing?

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/5

DAT Taken: 5/26
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/9

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/2
Transcript(s) Received: 6/13 (last one)
GPA Verified: 6/21

Date Application Mailed: 6/24
Batch #: 1

Residency: NC
Schools Applied To:
ECU
UNC
VCU
Maryland
Pitt
Ohio State
Nova
LECOM

GPA and DAT:
BCP: 3.29
Science: 3.32
Non-Science: 3.52
Total: 3.47

21 AA
22 TS

22 PAT
23 BIO
21 GC
21 OC
22 RC
20 QR

What is the waiving rights on the elevators tab about?

Reapplicant?: Yes

DAT Taken: Feb 14
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: June 14

Transcript(s) Submitted: 3/June/16, 6/June/16
Transcript(s) Received: 3/June/16, 23/June/16
GPA Verified: 5/July/16

Date Application Mailed: Next
Batch #: 3

Residency: Colorado
Schools Applied To: Colorado, Creighton, Case Western, Pitt, Columbia, UNE, Touro, NYU, Western, MWU-IL, MWU-AZ, USC, Roseman, UNLV
GPA and DAT:
Undergraduate: sGPA: 2.9 nsGPA3.5 overallGPA: 3.1
Graduate: sGPA: 4.0 nsGPA: 4.0 overallGPA: 4.0 (2 semesters worth as I work)
Cumulative: 3.2, 3.0sciences

DAT TS: 22 AA: 22. Nothing below 21.

ECs: Fulbright, State Department work, 7000+ hours of biomedical research, 110+ shadowing, 400+ volunteer

Interviewed and waitlisted at a couple schools last time.
We'll see if I have any more luck this year!

Reactions: 5 users
I got an email today that my application is under review for nova but I never sent them my unofficial dat scores and my scores still haven't been uploaded (I took the dat on July 1st). They said everything is complete when I called, so I was wondering if the preselected schools (when you schedule your dat and you have to check off the schools you want to receive your dat) automatically get your dat scores? i did enter my dat scores on the supplement, but that was it. Any help is appreciated!