*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Application Timeline Thread (Submitted, Verified, Mailed) *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay, so... Why are you retaking? o_O
My gpa is horrible and I've been told my score is mediocre by my parents and my school's prehealth committee.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah, I've been told all of it as awful. My dad said I'm ******ed if I can't get a 23. Life. And yeah, I hate my BIO. PAT is just one giant struggle for me.
I think your dat is awesome keep up the hard work :)

Signatures are for squares

Reactions: 1 user
Nah, I've been told all of it as awful. My dad said I'm ******ed if I can't get a 23. Life. And yeah, I hate my BIO. PAT is just one giant struggle for me.
I guess 98% of people are "******ed" then...

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah, I always heard about batches previously from previous pre-dents, but I saw no indication of that when I was applying. I have been getting a few emails for supplementary apps as well as confirmations from a few schools.
So if there's no batches.. AADSAS is just mailing them out as soon as they calculate the gpas and such?

Your DAT score isn't awful at all. You're only two areas are Bio and PAT. The average is a 18, with a 20 you'd be welcomed at a lot of colleges.

Don't sweat it, just study for the bio and do as many practice pat tests as possible.

So if there's no batches.. AADSAS is just mailing them out as soon as they calculate the gpas and such?

That's what I'm thinking. I think they got done with the batch system and basically made it electronic, where schools can basically print out whatever they want/need.

That's what I'm thinking. I think they got done with the batch system and basically made it electronic, where schools can basically print out whatever they want/need.
This may be a dumb question but how will this affect applicants? Can it hurt/help/do nothing and why?

Your dad would have killed me if I was his daughter then. :rofl:

Let your dad know that there's a 98% chance that his dentist is ******ed also.

This may be a dumb question but how will this affect applicants? Can it hurt/help/do nothing and why?
I don't know. I'm playing the same lottery as you are, we're both apart of this cycle. I'm sure it's good because your scores/info can be verified quicker, but I dunno how much it will be a detriment.

No my parents just have ridiculous standards and think I'm stupid for doing bad the first 2 yrs of college. Even though I got a 3.8 junior year they're mad I didn't get a 4.0. This is my life simply put.

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably more so. The average or today is 18ish. The time his dentist applied was probably lower than that. They probably also changed the DAT etc etc.

Either ways, a 20 is no small feat.

Well, thanks for the encouragement guys. I'm just doing supplements and studying for the DAT. Best of luck to all of us. If I do well on my next DAT, I will definitely post a breakdown. I'll also mention if I get any interviews (really hope that number isn't 0 lol).

Well, thanks for the encouragement guys. I'm just doing supplements and studying for the DAT. Best of luck to all of us. If I do well on my next DAT, I will definitely post a breakdown. I'll also mention if I get any interviews (really hope that number isn't 0 lol).
Keep us posted dude, I also need to kill the DAT. Best of luck to all of us!

I don't know. I'm playing the same lottery as you are, we're both apart of this cycle. I'm sure it's good because your scores/info can be verified quicker, but I dunno how much it will be a detriment.

Like you, I am applying to 20+ schools because of my non-resident status. I still hope that even with the new system, schools can't get access to the designated school list on our AADSAS app. It would not be too wise to let them know of the number of schools we're applying to.

Like you, I am applying to 20+ schools because of my non-resident status. I still hope that even with the new system, schools can't get access to the designated school list on our AADSAS app. It would not be too wise to let them know of the number of schools we're applying to.

Private schools don't really care about in state or OOS. I would have applied to my original list of 15, but my parents are just paranoid and would rather invest more once than have me reapply should something not work out. Reality is, if you aren't accepted at 15, then you won't be at 20, 25, 30...etc. So I hope I'm competitive enough the first go around.

You have solids stats though, so I think you're in a much better position than me with regards to GPA. I haven't taken my DAT yet... soon though.

UMD only sends a supplemental to select applicants. Not all people who add it to their AADSAS list will receive one.
Lol, if I didn't receive one, should i be worried?

The website hasn't mailed out my application yet since my GPA hasn't been verified, but VCU told me they received my application. How?

Just to confirm... It doesn't take 4-6 weeks to verify your gpa anymore? It seems like around 1 week is the standard.

Reactions: 1 users
Just to confirm... It doesn't take 4-6 weeks to verify your gpa anymore? It seems like around 1 week is the standard.
It completely depends on year. Last year it was the norm but the year before mine verified in less than a week.

Going to do this just to share how fast AADSAS is doing everything- so don't worry people.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted
: 6/6/16
Reapplicant?: No

DAT Uploaded to AADSAS
: Uploaded within 14 days of testing administration

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/1/16
Transcript(s) Received: 6/9/16 (But this was only visible on AADSAS on 6/11/16...so it looks like they had a transcript backlog to clear)

GPA Verified: 6/16/16

Date Application Mailed: 6/16/16 (No official "mailed" status, but I have had 3+ schools e-mail me and confirm they received my AADSAS application)

Has any of us from the GPA verified stage gotten mail outs yet? not the emails from schools but actually on AADSAS

Has any of us from the GPA verified stage gotten mail outs yet? not the emails from schools but actually on AADSAS
When did you submit your transcript?

Nope. Mine hasn't been officially mailed out although it seems like some schools go it.

verified today!!

When did you submit your transcript?

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/1/16
Transcript(s) Received: 6/6/17 (2), 6/8/16 (1)
GPA Verified: 6/16/16

I was just curious as to when the first mail out dates will occur.

I heard schools can access your apps electronically now.

This is correct, I called AADSAS because I had emails from Michigan saying they were reviewing my application before it had been mailed out. AADSAS said as soon as GPA is verified (assuming everything else is there too), schools gain access to an electronic copy of your application for reviewing until they get the physical copy.

In the emails I've received thus far from schools, they seem to make it clear that "mail out" simply refers to the fact AADSAS has forwarded the electronic version to them. OSU, Mich, and Louisville all said that they will not accept physical copies of LOR or unofficial DAT's. Just what I got from it though.

is anyone having trouble paying UK secondary app fee?

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/3/16
Reapplicant?: No

DAT Taken: 8/28/15
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 9/11/2015

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/3/16
Transcript(s) Received: 6/9/2016 and 6/20/2016
GPA Verified: yes 6/22/2016

Date Application Mailed: TBD
Batch #: TBD

Residency: NY
Schools Applied To: Rutgers, Boston University, Columbia, Uconn, Maryland, Upenn, University of New England, Stony Brook
GPA and DAT: 3.43 oGPA, 3.48 BCP, 3.37 sGPA 24 AA /25 TS

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I had posted on this forum yesterday that I got my app/GPA verified! Could anyone give me a rough estimate of when they received supplementals once their GPA/app was verified? Just curious!

Thank you in advance.

Does AADSAS send you an email once your Gpa is verified? I'd like to stop checking AADSAS every hour.

Hi everyone. I had posted on this forum yesterday that I got my app/GPA verified! Could anyone give me a rough estimate of when they received supplementals once their GPA/app was verified? Just curious!

Thank you in advance.
I honestly think it just depends on the school..I received mine from Maryland and MWU-AZ within a day, but haven't received them from Colorado, NOVA, or ASDOH yet. Just make sure you have all your LORs in and meet all the school requirements and then just sit back and wait I guess!

Two possible scenarios:
1. AADSAS hired more people or sped up the process somehow and verification won't take as long this year
2. If you submitted June 1, 2, 3, etc, there are way less people in front of you in line, so you get verified faster. My guess is #2 but regardless, everyone needs to calm down. Once you submit, there's nothing else you can do for a while.

Reactions: 2 users
Two possible scenarios:
1. AADSAS hired more people or sped up the process somehow and verification won't take as long this year
2. If you submitted June 1, 2, 3, etc, there are way less people in front of you in line, so you get verified faster. My guess is #2 but regardless, everyone needs to calm down. Once you submit, there's nothing else you can do for a while.
you know nothing Jon Snow!

Reactions: 3 users
when u e-submit?

June 2nd; transcripts received on the 3rd, 6th, and 15th according to AADSAS, but this wasn't uploaded to AADSAS portal until Monday the 20th. Still waiting on GPA verification.

Edit: I'm in no rush. On vacation right now. : )

Hey how much weight do dental schools place on the +/- system. My gpa is very low if you do not consider +/-. Do dental schools really use the system to standardize applicants?

Hey how much weight do dental schools place on the +/- system. My gpa is very low if you do not consider +/-. Do dental schools really use the system to standardize applicants?
My 'inc +/- gpa' is 0.1 lower than my 'w/o +/- gpa'...not sure if that's good or bad lol

My 'inc +/- gpa' is 0.1 lower than my 'w/o +/- gpa'...not sure if that's good or bad lol
Mine are like 0.01/2 lower. I don't think it should be that much of a difference unless you got like a 0.3 of a difference. Then again who knows what they look at.