*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Application Timeline Thread (Submitted, Verified, Mailed) *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't gotten a supplemental either but not sure if it's normal.
I got the same thing

Members don't see this ad.

Were we supposed to get an email that our app was mailed? Mine was mailed on the 24th apparently, but I got no email.

Were we supposed to get an email that our app was mailed? Mine was mailed on the 24th apparently, but I got no email.
I didn't get one. But schools told me they've recieved my app and the status said mailed 6/24, as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have a pdf version of the ADEA official guide from 2015/2016 or later?

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email that my application was received, yet on aadsas it has not been mailed out yet.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/13/2016
Reapplicant?: No

DAT Taken: 1/7/2016
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 1/22/2016

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/3/2016
Transcript(s) Received: 6/15/2016
GPA Verified: 6/27/2016

Letters Uploaded: 6/13/2016, 6/23/2016

Date Application Mailed: 7/1/2016
Batch #: TBD

Residency: Georgia
Schools Applied To: Dental College of Georgia, Alabama, MUSC, Midwestern-AZ, USC, Western, Midwestern-IL, Louisville, UNE, BU, Tufts, Creighton, UNLV, Temple, Tennessee, Roseman.
GPA: oGPA: 3.37, sGPA: 3.23, BCP: 3.14, non-science: 3.65
DAT: AA: 22, TS: 24, Bio: 23, GC: 25, OC: 23, RC: 19, QR: 22, PAT: 18

Last edited:
Does anyone have a pdf version of the ADEA official guide from 2015/2016 or later?
You can buy the online version for like, 25 bucks. I wouldn't have been able to apply if it weren't for that guide.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/27/16

DAT Taken: 1/18/16
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: "received" 2/4/16

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/10/16
Transcript(s) Received: 6/13/16
GPA Verified: Not yet

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 6/20/16 (committee packet)
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: 6/22/16

Date Application Mailed:
Batch #: # No idea

Residency: Texas
Schools Applied To: Houston, San Antonio, Baylor, Creighton, LECOM florida, PITT, UCSF, Colorado, and New England
GPA and DAT: GPA 3.94
DAT: Bio 21 Chem 20 OChem 24 RC 20 QA 21 PAT 21 AA 21

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/11/16

DAT Taken: 3/4/16
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 3/16/16

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/3/16
Transcript(s) Received: 6/16/16
GPA Verified: 6/27/16

Letters Uploaded: 6/22/16

Date Application Mailed: TBD

Residency: Massachusetts
Schools Applied To: Alabama, Boston, Michigan, VCU, UNC, Temple, Rutgers, Connecticut, Columbia, Tufts, Maryland, Pitt
GPA and DAT: oGPA: 3.73, sGPA: 3.80, BCP: 3.87
DAT: 22 AA, 23 TS, 25 PAT, 23 Bio, 23 GC, 22 OC, 22 RC, 22 QR

Has anyone received supplemental applications from any California schools yet?

Hey guys,

Here is the post your timeline thread for cycle that opens on June 1st, 2016.

Threads from the last 3 cycles for reference:
2015-2016
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ine-thread-submitted-verified-mailed.1140682/
2014-2015
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2014-application-timeline-thread.1074670/
2013-2014
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...e-submitted-received-verified-mailed.1012536/

Copy and paste the information below as it pertains to you and feel free to update your post as necessary.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: Date
Reapplicant?: Yes or No

DAT Taken: Date
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Date

Transcript(s) Submitted: Date
Transcript(s) Received: Date
GPA Verified: Date

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: Date (or just don't include this if you didn't use Interfolio)
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: Date

Date Application Mailed: Date
Batch #: #

Residency: State
Schools Applied To: List schools
GPA and DAT: (If you feel comfortable doing so)

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/10/16
Reapplicant?: NO

DAT Taken: 7/31/15
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 8/13/15

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/01/16
GPA Verified: 6/13/16

Date Application Mailed: 6/24/16
Batch #: No idea

Residency: NH
Schools Applied To: Tufts, Maryland, UNE, BU, Rutgers, Uconn, Upenn, Nova Southeastern, Michigan
GPA and DAT: [AA20, TS20, GC20, OC23, QR16, RC21, BIO19, PAT22] bcpGPA:3.77 sGPA:3.71 ovrGPA: 3.61

I got one from NOVA too...it says to list all the other schools I'm applying to..do they really take that into account? Will they look at your app differently if you have more than a certain amount of schools or something? Idk why they'd need to know that!

I received a rejection from NOVA last October with a 3.81 GPA and a 22 AA. I applied to 10 schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a rejection from NOVA last October with a 3.81 GPA and a 22 AA. I applied to 10 schools.
Whatttt thats insane! I have almost the exact same stats. Obviously we apply to more than just a few schools, but oh well I just put them all. I'm sure they could find out one way or another.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/10/16
Reapplicant?: NO

DAT Taken: 7/31/15
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 8/13/15

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/01/16
GPA Verified: 6/13/16

Date Application Mailed: 6/24/16
Batch #: No idea

Residency: NH
Schools Applied To: Tufts, Maryland, UNE, BU, Rutgers, Uconn, Upenn, Nova Southeastern, Michigan
GPA and DAT: [AA20, TS20, GC20, OC23, QR16, RC21, BIO19, PAT22] bcpGPA:3.77 sGPA:3.71 ovrGPA: 3.61

You may need to retake the DAT. The one under 17 may get you auto-rejected despite the otherwise good stats. Only repeating what I've been told. Maybe this cycle has changed.

You may need to retake the DAT. The one under 17 may get you auto-rejected despite the otherwise good stats. Only repeating what I've been told. Maybe this cycle has changed.
Not true.

Why would you have not been able to?
I guess I was somewhat exaggerating, I certainly could have but my school selection would have been blind/really hard to figure out. They give you great statistics that can save you tons of money by applying to schools that fit your profile.

From what I have read on this thread, it seems like people with 17 or 18 in AA stand no chance of getting in. But is this generally true?

I disagree. I spoke with several people as I was worried about that score but it seems to weigh a lot less than other scores. My research has brought me to reading comprehension being the most important score. After all, that is what dental school is.

Does anyone know if some schools offer fee waivers for the supplemental application? I know Stony Brook does not.

Does anyone know if some schools offer fee waivers for the supplemental application? I know Stony Brook does not.

You can call to ask but generally unless you got the FAP, they won't offer you a waiver.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/13/2016

DAT Taken: 1/7/2016
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 1/22/2016

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/3/2016
Transcript(s) Received: 6/15/2016
GPA Verified: 6/27/2016

Letters Uploaded: 6/13/2016, 6/23/2016

Date Application Mailed: TBD

Residency: Georgia
Schools Applied To: Dental College of Georgia, Alabama, MUSC, Midwestern-AZ, USC, Western, Midwestern-IL, Louisville, UNE, BU, Tufts, Creighton, UNLV, Temple, Tennessee, Roseman.
GPA: oGPA: 3.37, sGPA: 3.23, BCP: 3.14, non-science: 3.65
DAT: AA: 22, TS: 24, Bio: 23, GC: 25, OC: 23, RC: 19, QR: 22, PAT: 18
You will def get into mid-western, USC and temple (each of those accept almost 50% of their applicants).

I disagree. I spoke with several people as I was worried about that score but it seems to weigh a lot less than other scores. My research has brought me to reading comprehension being the most important score. After all, that is what dental school is.

I love you for saying that lol I got a 22 in RC and never studied for it. This is my 4th time applying. But yeah, I heard RC is pretty up there. TS just shows rote memorization. AA is kind of how well rounded you may be. But in the end, who knows what mood the person reviewing your app is in, right? LOL!

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: June 1st, 2016

DAT Taken: February 20th 2016
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Canadian - DAT scores mailed to individual schools.

Transcript(s) Submitted: June 1st 2016
Transcript(s) Received: June 15, 2016
GPA Verified: June 24, 2016.

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: June 1st, 2016
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: June 1st, 2016

Date Application Mailed: 06/24/16
Batch #: 1 (maybe? who knows.)

Residency: Ontario (Canada)
Schools Applied To: CASE, CRE, IND, MQT, MWU-IL, NYU, USN, RSDM, BUF, CONN, UDM, UL, MYD, MIN, NEB, UNE, UNC, OKL, PENN, PITT, USC, UOP, VCU, WVA, TEMP
Verified GPA : 3.42 sGPA, non-science 3.46, overall 3.43 (strong upward, 2.75, 3.2, 3.7, 3.9), 4.0 graduateGPA (2 publications, 2 in review)
DAT: 22AA 20TS 26 RC 21 PAT

I scored highest on RC out of all of my sections. Where can I find links or articles backing that up?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I scored highest on RC out of all of my sections. Where can I find links or articles backing that up?

Can't say for sure I know of any articles saying this. However, at IU Dental Day the speaker said that IU specifically weighs RC the most of of all the sections. Probably not much help but it's at least one school that looks at RC.

Congrats to everyone getting supplemental/secondary applications! Mine continue to trickle in.

For secondaries-assuming they have all the GPA and DAT stats-what should an applicant focus on? What purpose do secondaries serve for dental schools?

Do most schools send out secondaries to everyone who applies, or do some people get out on the chopping blocked and weeded out before secondaries?

Thanks!

Anyone else receive a call from NOVA saying their app and materials have been received? :bored:

Reactions: 1 users
My GPA was verified today 6/28 and I esubmitted June 18th. My without +/- goes up by like .13... Should i be concerned about that lol...

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone getting supplemental/secondary applications! Mine continue to trickle in.

For secondaries-assuming they have all the GPA and DAT stats-what should an applicant focus on? What purpose do secondaries serve for dental schools?

Do most schools send out secondaries to everyone who applies, or do some people get out on the chopping blocked and weeded out before secondaries?

Thanks!

It depends on the question they ask. I know when I attended the application session day at Minnesota, their supplemental questions were essays to really get to know more about the applicant to be able to piece together who they are and what experience they have had that makes them an ideal candidate. Some supplemental are just why did you choose that school or just some bio information.

Not all schools send out supplementals. Maryland only sends them out by invitation only and others send them to everyone if they meet the initial criteria, such as is your application complete.

I hope this helps!

Received a supplemental for ASDOH today!

So if a supplemental asks for a personal statement and says you can copy and paste your AADSAS one, should one take that route or write a new one? There is no specific prompt.

BU supplement received today!

I had a skype meeting with my predental club with a Tufts admissions rep. Thats where that info came from.

yes! I was surprised how fast it was verified. I heard last year it took 6 weeks.

Same here! Mine only took less than two weeks to get verified from the day I e-submitted. It's so strange since "4-6 weeks" is always emphasized here on SDN so that was an unexpected surprise.

Same here! Mine only took less than two weeks to get verified from the day I e-submitted. It's so strange since "4-6 weeks" is always emphasized here on SDN so that was an unexpected surprise.

I think how long it takes really depends on when you submitted.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: June 1st, 2016

DAT Taken: February 20th 2016
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Canadian - DAT scores mailed to individual schools.

Transcript(s) Submitted: June 1st 2016
Transcript(s) Received: June 15, 2016
GPA Verified: June 24, 2016.

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: June 1st, 2016
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: June 1st, 2016

Date Application Mailed: 06/24/16
Batch #: 1 (maybe? who knows.)

Residency: Ontario (Canada)
Schools Applied To: CASE, CRE, IND, MQT, MWU-IL, NYU, USN, RSDM, BUF, CONN, UDM, UL, MYD, MIN, NEB, UNE, UNC, OKL, PENN, PITT, USC, UOP, VCU, WVA, TEMP
Verified GPA : 3.42 sGPA, non-science 3.46, overall 3.43 (strong upward, 2.75, 3.2, 3.7, 3.9), 4.0 graduateGPA (2 publications, 2 in review)
DAT: 22AA 20TS 26 RC 21 PAT

I am a Canadian applicant also!
Any schools you omitted and what was the reason?

I am a Canadian applicant also!
Any schools you omitted and what was the reason?

I pretty much just applied to any schools that my GPA and DAT were relatively competitive, and that accepted the Canadian DAT haha

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/02/16

DAT Taken: 12/31/15
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 1/12/2016

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/09/16
Transcript(s) Received: 6/20/16
GPA Verified: 6/29/16

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 6/2/2016
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: 6/2/2016

Date Application Mailed: 7/1/16
Batch #: Assuming 2

Residency: NY
Schools Applied To: Rutgers, Connecticut, NYU, Columbia, , Tufts, Maryland, Touro, Nova, UCLA, Buffalo, Stony Brook, Temple
GPA and DAT: Undergraduate : 3.63 sGPA, 3.50;
DAT: 24 AA, 26 TS, 22 PAT, 26 Bio, 28 GC, 24 OC, RC 20, 19 QR

Last edited: