*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know about MWU-IL? How hard is it to land an interview with a 19 DAT, 3.7 GPA?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what rolling admission means? Are schools allowed to accept you before dec 1?
It means that schools continue to review applicants as they apply throughout year. There will be no acceptances given before Dec. 1st, however they will continue to give acceptances after Dec. 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what rolling admission means? Are schools allowed to accept you before dec 1?
They accept from as early as late July in some cases, but they do not notify before Dec. 1... Rolling admissions truly means that as spots fill up, chances tighten up because seats are taken.

Anyone know about MWU-IL? How hard is it to land an interview with a 19 DAT, 3.7 GPA?

Strong GPA but DAT is a little bit weak - it seems like 21 is the new average on SDN. You should still be able to get an interview though.

Reactions: 1 users
Strong GPA but DAT is a little bit weak - it seems like 21 is the new average on SDN. You should still be able to get an interview though.

SDN is not the average matriculated population though. 19-20 is still the average matriculation. Most the people I know who got in the previous cycle were 19 and some 20. Most admissions will tell you that they look for 20 now. It'll be a few years before we will hit 21 and they won't look at 19 anymore. Anything above a 20 is just beneficial for your stats. I find it funny seeing the 24AA post in the Chance me threads. I think we all do.

Reactions: 6 users

Thanks! 21 is definitely not the average though.

Last edited:
Interview
School: UDM
Notificationdate: 7/18
Method of notification: email
Residency: China
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
Application complete date: e-submitted 6/12
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.98 oGPA: 4.00

Last edited:
School: UDM
Notificationdate: 7/18
Residency: China
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
Application complete date: e-submitted 6/12
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.98 oGPA: 4.00
You should edit your post to reflect whether it was a rejection or an interview invite. Although I assume the latter.

Last edited:
The goal

You should edit your post to reflect whether it was a rejection or an interview invite. Although I assume the latter.
Thanks! I didn't notice.

Interview #2!

School: Detroit Mercy
Notification date: 7/18/2016
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/2016
Application complete date: 6/6/2016
GPA (science, overall): 3.3, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/23/None

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
"Thank you for your interest in Midwestern University's College of Dental Medicine in Glendale, Arizona. We appreciate that you took the time and effort to submit an application. While your application has its strengths, we were unable to consider it further because you did not meet the minimum 3.00 Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics BCP) and Overall GPA requirement established by the program. For clarification, Midwestern University uses the GPA (inc +/-) calculations provided by AADSAS.

We realize that this may be disappointing news. We encourage you to take appropriate measures to strengthen your application if you wish to re-apply next year. We wish you success in your quest for further education.

Please note: if you are a student/graduate of Midwestern University's Biomedical Sciences Programs, your Dental Medicine application is still under review for this cycle."

Waste of money. I should've known better ugh (2.97 BCP, 3.00 sGPA, 3.10 oGPA)

"Thank you for your interest in Midwestern University's College of Dental Medicine in Glendale, Arizona. We appreciate that you took the time and effort to submit an application. While your application has its strengths, we were unable to consider it further because you did not meet the minimum 3.00 Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics BCP) and Overall GPA requirement established by the program. For clarification, Midwestern University uses the GPA (inc +/-) calculations provided by AADSAS.

Sorry to hear that!
I'm curious though..what's the minimum overall GPA they're looking for?

We realize that this may be disappointing news. We encourage you to take appropriate measures to strengthen your application if you wish to re-apply next year. We wish you success in your quest for further education.

Please note: if you are a student/graduate of Midwestern University's Biomedical Sciences Programs, your Dental Medicine application is still under review for this cycle."

"Must possess both a science (biology, chemistry and physics - BCP) and a total GPA of 3.00 or more (although 3.20 will be generally competitively necessary) on a 4.00 scale. A minimum science and overall GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale is required to receive a supplemental application from the College."

That's from their website :/

Interview #2!

Did you receive anything other than the acknowledgment email from UDM prior to receiving the email for interview?

Interview #2!

did you do a post-bacc or SMP? is your GPA just from undergrad?

FIRST INTERVIEW INVITE (~dying a little currently~)

School: University of Tennessee
Notification date: 7/19/2016
Residency: TN
ADSAS mail-out date: 7/15/16 (e-submitted 7/3/16, last LOR received 7/15/16)
GPA verified: 7/14/16
GPA : With +/- Science: 3.92, Overall: 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/25/25/No
(Took DAT June 30th, but AADSAS says it's still not even received, though??)
Interview Date: Not selected a date, yet.

Reactions: 3 users
FIRST INTERVIEW INVITE (~dying a little currently~)

School: University of Tennessee
Notification date: 7/19/2016
Residency: TN
ADSAS mail-out date: 7/15/16 (e-submitted 7/3/16, last LOR received 7/15/16)
GPA verified: 7/14/16
GPA : With +/- Science: 3.92, Overall: 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/25/25/No
(Took DAT June 30th, but AADSAS says it's still not even received, though??)
Interview Date: Not selected a date, yet.

Did you attend UTK?

HI Everyone. I just had my GPA verified by AADSAS. Would anyone know which schools look at your GPA with +/- or not? Thanks a lot

Interview #1
School: Nova
Notification date: 7/8/2016
Application complete date: 6/3/2016
GPA (science, overall): 3.87, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/19/20/None

Interview #2
Application complete date: 6/3/2016
GPA (science, overall): 3.87, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/19/20/None

Nice! We have similar DAT scores. I'm still holding out for NOVA as well.

HI Everyone. I just had my GPA verified by AADSAS. Would anyone know which schools look at your GPA with +/- or not? Thanks a lot

I could be wrong but I think most schools use the GPA calculated by AADSAS

I am still waiting on a committee letter. Will schools offer interviews before all the letters are uploaded?

I am still waiting on a committee letter. Will schools offer interviews before all the letters are uploaded?

I think I read some people on here getting interviews before letters being in.

Interview #2

School: Edited

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
School: University of Detroit Mercy
Notification date: July 18th
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: June 24th
Application complete date: Great question
GPA (science, overall): 3.98 science/ 3.95 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/19/25/NA

My interview is August 27th. Total long shot - anyone (female) want to split an airbnb with me near campus? Trying to reduce the cost as much as possible since I'm racking up quite the bill applying to these schools.

First Invite!!!

School: Midwestern (AZ)
Notification date: 7/20/2016
Method of notification: E-mail
ADSAS mail-out date: 7/15/16
GPA verified: 7/7/16
Application complete date: 7/1/16
Secondary complete date: 7/18/16
GPA (science, overall): BCP 3.32, sGPA 3.19, oGPA 3.29
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20AA/20TS/19PAT/22RC/23BIO/no section below 17

Reactions: 2 users
School: University of Detroit Mercy
Notification date: July 18th
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: June 24th
Application complete date: Great question
GPA (science, overall): 3.98 science/ 3.95 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/19/25/NA

My interview is August 27th. Total long shot - anyone (female) want to split an airbnb with me near campus? Trying to reduce the cost as much as possible since I'm racking up quite the bill applying to these schools.

Did you hear from UDM prior to getting an interview invite? They are one of the only schools that I have not received a verification email from. Also, congrats on the interview!

HI I noticed AADSAS gives you two GPA's -> the one without +/- factored and another with +/- Factored. Anyone know which one schools use?

Guys that got interview from Midwestern Arizona,
How did you answer questions on secondary application? Should give my short essay to someone to read it ?
I just wanna make sure do the right thing but not overdoing it.

Thanks in advance

did you do a post-bacc or SMP? is your GPA just from undergrad?

I did an informal post-bacc last year, which raised my undergrad gpa. I'm also enrolling in a formal Postbacc in the fall.

Did you hear from UDM prior to getting an interview invite? They are one of the only schools that I have not received a verification email from. Also, congrats on the interview!

I did. They acknowledged the receipt of my application on June 27th, so fairly quickly after the mailing date. Thank you, and good luck to you!!

How did you answer questions on secondary application? Should give my short essay to someone to read it ?

Thanks in advance

Make it short and sweet. I wrote around 1/2 page for each question.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thanks in advance

Yeah you should let someone revise it. Even though I consider myself a decent writer, I make sure to include someone else's opinion.

Hope I get an interview soon I know its early in the game but waiting blows

Can schools also reject you before dec 1st?

They can reject you in the sense that they can decide to not offer you an interview but if you get n interview I think they will wait until Dec 1 to inform you of a decision.

Can schools also reject you before dec 1st?
This isn't a thread for your miscellaneous questions regarding the application cycle. It's becoming annoying to see your questions when I'm trying to check who's getting interviews where and when.

Reactions: 8 users
This isn't a thread for your miscellaneous questions regarding the application cycle. It's becoming annoying to see your questions when I'm trying to check who's getting interviews where and when.

You don't have to be rude about it. Ask nicely.

Reactions: 10 users
I know this is not directly interview related, but did anyone get an email from Case Western with the subject "Application under consideration for future interview". Does this basically mean I'm waitlisted?

I know this is not directly interview related, but did anyone get an email from Case Western with the subject "Application under consideration for future interview". Does this basically mean I'm waitlisted?

I got this too. Yes, it means that we aren't rejected but they will keep considering us.

Just got the same thing. Are you OOS?