*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah. People will get interviews for the first interview spot in August. But we will have to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same email. Guess that constitutes a wait list.

I know this is not directly interview related, but did anyone get an email from Case Western with the subject "Application under consideration for future interview". Does this basically mean I'm waitlisted?
Honestly it sounds like they might be interviewing you - what did the email say?

Honestly it sounds like they might be interviewing you - what did the email say?

Pretty sure it's a nice way of saying we're waitlisted.

"You are being sent this email as a notification that the Admissions Committee is considering your application for a future interview spot. Until you are otherwise notified, your application has not been rejected, and it is possible that you will be notified for an interview opportunity."

Members don't see this ad :)

"You are being sent this email as a notification that the Admissions Committee is considering your application for a future interview spot. Until you are otherwise notified, your application has not been rejected, and it is possible that you will be notified for an interview opportunity."
Yea, you're right I got the same think from Midwestern Arizona and Iowa

My friend who just went though this said she got the same email and it is a waitlist and she interviewed in November.

Same email for me, hearing rumors that everyone got it though, check the Case thread.

Reactions: 1 users
Are we sure this is a nice way to say we are waitlisted at Case?

It is not a waitlist. Basically means you are still being screened

Reactions: 1 user
I got this too. Yes, it means that we aren't rejected but they will keep considering us.

So basically they will be sending out normal interview invites, but not to us?

Just got the same thing. Are you OOS?

I got the same email. Guess that constitutes a wait list.

It is not a waitlisted email. It is sent to everyone that they are still reviewing. If you go to the CWRU 2021 thread, Emil (the person who sent the email) explained there that it goes to everyone. I actually paid the fee an hour ago and got the email right away.

Last edited:
I just got an interview offer from Case. Best of luck to everyone who is being considered for a later interview date.

2nd interview offer
School: Case
Notification date: July 21st
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: June 24th
Application complete date: Great question
GPA (science, overall): 3.98 science/ 3.95 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/19/25/NA
I just got my invite too. Congrats!!

Interview #2! (First one was Iowa)
School: CASE
Notification date: 7/21/2016
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: South Dakota
ADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/16
GPA verified: End of June, don't remember the exact date
Application complete date: 6/16/16
GPA (science, overall): 4.0 Science 4.0 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20AA/20TS/19PAT/20RC/no section below 17

P.S. For those wondering above, the e-mail I received did NOT say that they were holding my app for future interview. I actually got a link to sign up for an interview now.
Yes. People received either one, but not both. He explained it on periscope. Congrats!!!

Just got an email from pacific basically saying I'm on hold because I have a letter of Rec missing still. Ugh! The letter has been complete for two weeks idk why my teacher hasn't uploaded it

Just got an email from pacific basically saying I'm on hold because I have a letter of Rec missing still. Ugh! The letter has been complete for two weeks idk why my teacher hasn't uploaded it

You can check on AADSAS. go to the Evaluator section and see if they have submitted yet!

Application under consideration for future interview.

School: Case Western
Notification date: 7/21/16
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/16
Application complete date: 6/28/16
uGPA/postbaccGPA: 3.5 / 3.9
DAT (AA/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/22/none

Application under consideration for future interview.

School: Case Western
Notification date: 7/21/16
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/16
Application complete date: 6/28/16
uGPA/postbaccGPA: 3.5 / 3.9
DAT (AA/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/22/none
Its not a waitlist.

What is it exactly? Is it basically saying that you arent rejected? I havent seen them reject anyone yet so I dont really see the purpose of the email.
I'd say to calm peoples nerves so that they know they are looking at you app but haven't made a decision yet. I think the idea backfired though based on the conversations ITT.

Reactions: 2 users
1. People hate it when schools don't give them any news

2. People hate it when schools do give them news

... humans.

Reactions: 4 users
1. People hate it when schools don't give them any news

2. People hate it when schools do give them news

... humans.
Exactly. People need something to complain about. Also people look into things WAY too much.

Reactions: 1 users
What is it exactly? Is it basically saying that you arent rejected? I havent seen them reject anyone yet so I dont really see the purpose of the email.
In the live video the director explained it. Summary: The school is right now close. They haven't be able to work. They decided to sent interviews to the super strong applicants that they were 100% sure. They haven't review all the apps. There's still people that they like but haven't received all the feedback from the committee. They decided to sent an email along with the interview one. EVERYONE that did not get an interview, got that email. He clearly said that there's no waitlist yet. That they are not that far. If you got that email there's 2 options: 1. You are a strong applicant (both high GPA and DAT) and they do not have all the feedback on you or they haven't review your file. They are reviewing strong people first.

Everyone with a complete app got either of those emails. How is that a waitlist if I got the email 28 minutes after the email saying that my file was complete? (After business hours). They haven't review my file.
Too much talking. Whatever. If you want to know better, just follow the CWRU 2021 thread. The director of the school is the OP. And go to periscope and watch the live video he did yesterday explaining the situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Its not a waitlist.

Should I delete the post? Sorry if I misunderstood the rules for this thread. And I wasn't sure if this fell into a soft Rejection or Waitlist but seems to be none of the above after discussions here.

seems like case really put a lot of focus on GPA than DAT...not sure if I would even stand a chance with 3.4 from graduate post-bacc

Last edited:
seems like case really put a lot of focus on GPA than DAT...not sure if I would even stand a chance with 3.4 from graduate post-bacc
Similar situation here but worse as I am international. And I have not recevied any email other than application received.

Hello all
i had a question about applying to dental schools. I have a science GPA 3.89 and cGPA 3.91 and have plenty of dental shadowing and volunteer experience. However, my question was that i will be taking my DAT on August 17. This means that the schools wont get my scores until around mid September. Is this really going to hurt me with the interview invites since its late in the cycle? My application has already been verified as well and sent to like 6 schools. Will be adding more schools later. Thanks for the help.

Hello all
i had a question about applying to dental schools. I have a science GPA 3.89 and cGPA 3.91 and have plenty of dental shadowing and volunteer experience. However, my question was that i will be taking my DAT on August 17. This means that the schools wont get my scores until around mid September. Is this really going to hurt me with the interview invites since its late in the cycle? My application has already been verified as well and sent to like 6 schools. Will be adding more schools later. Thanks for the help.
Honestly, Do well on DAT and you dont need to worry much. At the end, Better Stats are better Stats.
Focus on your DAT and Good luck!! (You can send out your application first then send the DAT score later)

Honestly, Do well on DAT and you dont need to worry much. At the end, Better Stats are better Stats.
Focus on your DAT and Good luck!! (You can send out your application first then send the DAT score later)
hello thanks for the reply. But dont you think since schools have rolling admissions, I would be at a disadvantage? Or is september not really that late in the cycle?