Official 2016-2017: LizzyM <70 Thread

Started by xish
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still waiting to hear back from some state MD schools.

Lizzy M:69 (8 VR)
Applied to 28 MD schools, 1 DO school
Interviews: 6 MD (OUWB, Stony Brook, Penn State, Tulane, Downstate, Buffalo), 1 DO (NYCOM)
Waitlists: 3 (Penn State, Stony, Buffalo)
Rejected: 2 (OUWB, Downstate)
Acceptances: 1 MD (Tulane), 1 DO (NYCOM)

Don't give up hope, everyone!
 
Last edited:
You da MVP tho @_@ May I ask how you managed to get accepted with those stats?

I'm a URM. My application shows commitment to returning to my community to practice, including my personal statement and activities. And the school's mission statement aligns perfectly with my goals.
 
Last edited:
I wish everyone the best of luck this cycle!

LizzyM ~67 (Non-URM)
I only applied MD and was verified very early.
Secondaries completed (All within 2 days of receiving): 18
Interview Invites: 9
Holds: 1
Rejections: 3

Hoping for some acceptances this week!!

Updating since it's close to the end of the cycle.

Ended up with 12 IIs resulting in 7 acceptances and 2 waitlists. Will most likely withdraw from both waitlists. I would have never thought my cycle would go so well. Much of my success is due to SDN and the advice of its members.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LizzyM 67.8
Non-URM, CA resident
Schools: 35, all MD
II: 5
Acceptances post-interview: 4, including a top 10
Rejections post interview: 1
 
Last edited:
LizzyM: 58
Schools: 45ish MD and DO
II: 15
Accepted:5 (I only attended my first 5 interviews due to funds)

* Don't get hung up on your LizzyM. Although I got rejected pre interview at newer DO schools, I got II from schools like UCLA and Columbia. Don't limit yourself due to your LizzyM...granted the rest of your app is fire*
If you had some kind of massive Grade swing, that could have done it.