Official 2016-2017: LizzyM <70 Thread

Started by xish
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the average number of II applicants (as a whole) receive within an application period? I'm not asking about the probability of acceptances given # of II. I heard it was bimodal in which a bulk of applicants have 1 II or 3 II.
 
Does anyone know the average number of II applicants (as a whole) receive within an application period? I'm not asking about the probability of acceptances given # of II. I heard it was bimodal in which a bulk of applicants have 1 II or 3 II.
Roughly 50% of matriculants have 3 or less interviews. With 20ish percent only receiving one. There is no data available for all applicants.
It's probably safe to assume 40ish percent of applicants receive no IIs with 68% of applicants receiving no more than one and 80% receiving no more than 3.
 
Last edited:
Roughly 50% of matriculants have 3 or less interviews. With 20ish percent only receiving one. There is no data available for all applicants.
Ah ok thanks. I come from a math heavy background so it would be interesting to see the breakdown of the applicants.
 
Ah ok thanks. I come from a math heavy background so it would be interesting to see the breakdown of the applicants.
I am mobile so can't link, it's called the matriculants survey data . Also the amcas has applicant / matriculants data that is a google search away .
 
I'm beginning to think my state only does silent rejections because I've been complete since early July and still haven't heard ANYTHING...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LizzyM: ~69, very strong ECs
Applied to 13 MD schools, 4 DO schools
II: 9 total, 5 MD/4 DO , withdrew from one of the OOS DO schools
Rejections: 0
Acceptances: 2 (both DO)

Don't give up hope everybody, my cycle has had much more success that I thought it would before I entered the cycle.
 
Update:
LizzyM 64-65
Total Applications: 24
II: 5
A: 2
WL: 1
R: 0

Keep positive everyone! After 2 months of silence and no new II I received a II (and an acceptance from one of my previous interviews)!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LizzyM: ~65-66, MCAT: 510, GPA: 3.47
Medical schools: 24
II: 1
Rejection pre-II: 3
Holds: 2
Acceptance: 0

Woe is me.
 
Hey y'all,

LM 69
II: 2
Rejections: 2 (both pre-interview)
Holds: 1

i applied to around 25 schools and and am still waiting to hear back from the schools I interviews at. Good luck!!!!
 
Wow! Congrats!

Thank you! I know I am sort of an outlier but "the stars aligned" for me to have a good shot. I happen to be the school's alumni, part of their Honors College, advanced science undergraduate curriculum, have a good life explanation for my grades (family drama) AND the main emphasis of my application is all about serving the underserved which happens to be the main emphasis of the mission statement of the school as well. It definitely is true that a LizzyM isn't everything, but you need a bunch of other things going for you to make up for it.
 
Thank you! I know I am sort of an outlier but "the stars aligned" for me to have a good shot. I happen to be the school's alumni, part of their Honors College, advanced science undergraduate curriculum, have a good life explanation for my grades (family drama) AND the main emphasis of my application is all about serving the underserved which happens to be the main emphasis of the mission statement of the school as well. It definitely is true that a LizzyM isn't everything, but you need a bunch of other things going for you to make up for it.

When did you get your apps in?
 
A lot of people on SDN seem to have super high stats but i am sure it's more than numbers. I have a LM of 61 and have been doing decent this cycle. So far 6 interviews w 2 waitlists and no post interview rejections. Keep your head up! We can do this 🙂


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
A lot of people on SDN seem to have super high stats but i am sure it's more than numbers. I have a LM of 61 and have been doing decent this cycle. So far 6 interviews w 2 waitlists and no post interview rejections. Keep your head up! We can do this 🙂


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats on this cycle!

What schools? Are you nontrad or URM?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LizzyM: 58
Schools: 45ish MD and DO
II: 15
Accepted:5 (I only attended my first 5 interviews due to funds)

* Don't get hung up on your LizzyM. Although I got rejected pre interview at newer DO schools, I got II from schools like UCLA and Columbia. Don't limit yourself due to your LizzyM...granted the rest of your app is fire*
 
A lot of people on SDN seem to have super high stats but i am sure it's more than numbers. I have a LM of 61 and have been doing decent this cycle. So far 6 interviews w 2 waitlists and no post interview rejections. Keep your head up! We can do this 🙂


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Are you URM or ORM?
 
LizzyM: 58
Schools: 45ish MD and DO
II: 15
Accepted:5 (I only attended my first 5 interviews due to funds)

* Don't get hung up on your LizzyM. Although I got rejected pre interview at newer DO schools, I got II from schools like UCLA and Columbia. Don't limit yourself due to your LizzyM...granted the rest of your app is fire*
Are you URM or ORM?