You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 2016-2017: LizzyM <70 Thread
Started by xish
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
damn homie, throw some of that luck my waylizzym 65 (506, 3.6)
6 MD II
shocked and very happy 🙂
LM ~61 (3.5/501)
Secondaries submitted for only 2 MD programs (I'm really hoping my only state school takes mercy on me but I went there for undergrad and have some good connections at the MD school so I have my fingers crossed that they like my app! Only became complete there about 2 weeks ago)
15 secondaries submitted for DO - 1 II on 10/28
Wishing everyone luck this cycle and I hope I get a little luck myself! 🙂
Secondaries submitted for only 2 MD programs (I'm really hoping my only state school takes mercy on me but I went there for undergrad and have some good connections at the MD school so I have my fingers crossed that they like my app! Only became complete there about 2 weeks ago)
15 secondaries submitted for DO - 1 II on 10/28
Wishing everyone luck this cycle and I hope I get a little luck myself! 🙂
Isnt a 513 equivalent to a 33? So you would be 69+
Hmmm... I don't know. I'm just reporting what the calculator told me. 😀
LM 69.3 (3.4, 516)
MD II-0
Rejections-2
DO II-9
Rejections-0.
Attended -3 (DO)
Everyone says its early in the cycle so still hoping!!!!
MD II-0
Rejections-2
DO II-9
Rejections-0.
Attended -3 (DO)
Everyone says its early in the cycle so still hoping!!!!
LM 69.3 (3.4, 516)
MD II-0
Rejections-2
DO II-9
Rejections-0.
Attended -3 (DO)
Everyone says its early in the cycle so still hoping!!!!
Are we the same person?? Literally everything is the same for me except I have 1 MD II
omg
Make that MD rejections -3Are we the same person?? Literally everything is the same for me except I have 1 MD II
omg
Are we the same person?? Literally everything is the same for me except I have 1 MD II
omg
Make that MD rejections -3
Wow Congrats on the MCAT scores! Hopefully y'all will start hearing from more schools soon!
LM ~61 (3.5/501)
Secondaries submitted for only 2 MD programs (I'm really hoping my only state school takes mercy on me but I went there for undergrad and have some good connections at the MD school so I have my fingers crossed that they like my app! Only became complete there about 2 weeks ago)
15 secondaries submitted for DO - 1 II on 10/28
Wishing everyone luck this cycle and I hope I get a little luck myself! 🙂
We have similar stats! Rooting for ya!
Hello fellow <70-er's! Wishing you guys the best of luck this cycle!
LizzyM ~64 (cGPA 3.65, sGPA 3.7, 503) - - - post-bac nontraditional with >1000 hrs clinical experience (scribe), lots of research experience with 2 pubs, >500 hrs of community service
II: 4 (3 DO, 1 MD) (completed 2 DO interviews, canceling 1 DO, attending MD interview in Oct. [in-state program])
Rejections: 1
Acceptances: 1 (DO)
Bitter silence from 9 MD and 7 DO - secondaries have been complete since late July (DO) and mid-late August (MD)
LizzyM ~64 (cGPA 3.65, sGPA 3.7, 503) - - - post-bac nontraditional with >1000 hrs clinical experience (scribe), lots of research experience with 2 pubs, >500 hrs of community service
II: 4 (3 DO, 1 MD) (completed 2 DO interviews, canceling 1 DO, attending MD interview in Oct. [in-state program])
Rejections: 1
Acceptances: 1 (DO)

Bitter silence from 9 MD and 7 DO - secondaries have been complete since late July (DO) and mid-late August (MD)

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LizzyM: 68.7 (3.57, 514)
TX Resident
24 MDs: 17/24 Secondaries complete; 0 II's
10 DOs: 3/10 Secondaries complete; 0 II's
TMDSAS Secondaries all submitted mid-late August through first week September
Still finishing up OOS MD and DO secondaries
Anxious I threw my chances out the window cause I wasn't able to submit apps earlier.. 🙁
TX Resident
24 MDs: 17/24 Secondaries complete; 0 II's
10 DOs: 3/10 Secondaries complete; 0 II's
TMDSAS Secondaries all submitted mid-late August through first week September
Still finishing up OOS MD and DO secondaries
Anxious I threw my chances out the window cause I wasn't able to submit apps earlier.. 🙁
.
Last edited:
How early is very early, June 1?I wish everyone the best of luck this cycle!
LizzyM ~67 (Non-URM)
I only applied MD and was verified very early.
Secondaries completed (All within 2 days of receiving): 18
Interview Invites: 9
Holds: 1
Rejections: 3
Hoping for some acceptances this week!!
I'd say anytime in June is early. I was verified by June 17th.How early is very early, June 1?
Hey guys, resident underdog here.
Anyone else here have a low GPA but a strong, clear upward trend?
Anyone else here have a low GPA but a strong, clear upward trend?
I truly hope everyone in here can snag an acceptance somewhere this cycle! We've still got a looooooong way to go people!
I app'd both MD and DO. Have been lucky to receive 7 DO II and 5 MD II. It is possible! No MD acceptances so far only one "waitlist"
I app'd both MD and DO. Have been lucky to receive 7 DO II and 5 MD II. It is possible! No MD acceptances so far only one "waitlist"
TMDSAS LizzyM ~67 (for Texas Academic FS) 10 Primaries / secondaries completed early August / 1 II
AACOMAS LizzyM ~62 7 primaries / 4 secondaries completed September / 0 II
ORM?(white) non-trad geezer, veteran(non-commissioned), 1st gen college grad, low SES, 150+ clinincal volunteer, few extras.
AACOMAS LizzyM ~62 7 primaries / 4 secondaries completed September / 0 II
ORM?(white) non-trad geezer, veteran(non-commissioned), 1st gen college grad, low SES, 150+ clinincal volunteer, few extras.
Last edited:
I feel yeah. Keep at it. Is your MCAT 500+ ? It sounds good for some DO schools if you fit their mission.Looking for honesty. Is LizzyM 62 just too low? Have great ECs and what I think to be a great story but have no love so far
Depends on lots of things! I have a LizzyM of 62-63, 3 DO acceptances and 3 MD IIs. While it's possible, it's not the norm - but you can PM me and I'll be happy to share my app!Looking for honesty. Is LizzyM 62 just too low? Have great ECs and what I think to be a great story but have no love so far
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LM ~67
11 secondaries submitted
1 Rejection
2 MD II's
1 OOS MD Acceptance!
Keep the faith, it is possible!
11 secondaries submitted
1 Rejection
2 MD II's
1 OOS MD Acceptance!
Keep the faith, it is possible!
-LM: 64.6
-Secondaries submitted: 15 (4 MD, 11 DO)
-No rejections
- 1 MD II (state school)
- 3 DO II
- 1 DO hold (OOS)
- 1 DO acceptance (MU-COM)
Good luck everyone, we can do this!
-Secondaries submitted: 15 (4 MD, 11 DO)
-No rejections
- 1 MD II (state school)
- 3 DO II
- 1 DO hold (OOS)
- 1 DO acceptance (MU-COM)
Good luck everyone, we can do this!
Last edited:
LM ~65
Reapplicant to 20+ schools, all MD
two IIs as of today after 0 the entire cycle last year!!
apply earlyyyyyyyyy. Can't stress this enough. It is literally the only major thing I did differently this cycle.
Reapplicant to 20+ schools, all MD
two IIs as of today after 0 the entire cycle last year!!
apply earlyyyyyyyyy. Can't stress this enough. It is literally the only major thing I did differently this cycle.
LM66 (3.8, 504 w/ 122 CARS fml)
16 MD schools
Complete everywhere mid-August
4 rejects including state school
0 II
Should prob start studying for retake here soon
16 MD schools
Complete everywhere mid-August
4 rejects including state school
0 II
Should prob start studying for retake here soon
Joining the support group
sGPA: ~3.1 (cGPA a little higher)
MCAT: >95%
II: 0
Rejections: 3
Hold: 1
Silence: Too many to count
sGPA: ~3.1 (cGPA a little higher)
MCAT: >95%
II: 0
Rejections: 3
Hold: 1
Silence: Too many to count
Frogger has had some luck with those stats . It might be state differencesLM66 (3.8, 504 w/ 122 CARS fml)
16 MD schools
Complete everywhere mid-August
4 rejects including state school
0 II
Should prob start studying for retake here soon
What is your LizzyM?Joining the support group
sGPA: ~3.1 (cGPA a little higher)
MCAT: >95%
II: 0
Rejections: 3
Hold: 1
Silence: Too many to count
Frogger has had some luck with those stats . It might be state differences
3 OOS II and 1 IS II... I am in one of the better states but have not had as much luck as I thought yet (two of the schools that I was expecting to hear from I have not yet, the one I got an II at was a huge surprise lol).
3/4 of my state schools have been aggressively ignoring me despite have an mcat two SD's above their median. I just don't know how they work, maybe they interview their own ug first.3 OOS II and 1 IS II... I am in one of the better states but have not had as much luck as I thought yet (two of the schools that I was expecting to hear from I have not yet, the one I got an II at was a huge surprise lol).
3/4 of my state schools have been aggressively ignoring me despite have an mcat two SD's above their median. I just don't know how they work, maybe they interview their own ug first.
Every time I try to rationalize the process I end up being more confused than before.
3/4 of my state schools have been aggressively ignoring me despite have an mcat two SD's above their median. I just don't know how they work, maybe they interview their own ug first.
I am below the 10% at the school I have an II at yet the two where I fall in range have been dead silence.. I am also on academic hold at the school where my stats are above their average.. this process makes no sense
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is just a lot of variation in the way different schools do things , that's why the process seems random.Every time I try to rationalize the process I end up being more confused than before.
It's almost like they look for a specific word in the application. And if they find it , boom II.I am below the 10% at the school I have an II at yet the two where I fall in range have been dead silence.. I am also on academic hold at the school where my stats are above their average.. this process makes no sense
There is just a lot of variation in the way different schools do things , that's why the process seems random.
Truth - I would be interested in joining the admissions process from the otherside - just to understand better.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 87
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 620
- Views
- 107K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K