Official 2017 COMLEX Level 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Roxas

Giggity!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright friends, let's do this.

I'm planning on sitting sometime in late June (COMLEX only). FA 2017 is on the way, starting UWorld in January and Combank around April.

Feel free to share and help keep each other accountable until we slay the beast.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
im also sitting in during june. I havent started OMM review yet. For anyone who can shed some light. Last year i was told that they changed the comlex question style, what did they exactly change ? Also my school now requires us to take a comsae and get a 450 , so for those of you who also had to do this, or are going to do this , what comsaes do you recommend taking before comlex?

Has anyone taken COMSAE D or COMSAE E yet? I have heard that they are more like the actual COMLEX than forms A, B, and C. Was wondering what the topic focus of the D/E content was compared to A/B/C.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone taken COMSAE D or COMSAE E yet? I have heard that they are more like the actual COMLEX than forms A, B, and C. Was wondering what the topic focus of the D/E content was compared to A/B/C.
from what my third years tell me each one is oddly different but equally blow at predicting

I read on a past forum that one needs 44-50% of correct answers to pass level 1. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean I am I was just trying to relate that percentage to COMBANK/COMQUEST to kind of see where I stand as of today

If you are taking Step 1, how long after will you be taking Level 1? Mine's scheduled 5 days after Step 1 and just wanted to know that's enough time. Thanks!

Did E recently. theres pretty much every topic on it tbh.

What's up all? I'm taking the test late May and have COMSAE D coming up next week for school. Getting to be crunch time!

I'm sitting July 7. I took a break from doing UW to finish up classes and go through DIT review videos and workbook, but now back to questions and finishing up sketchypharm on the side.

Hey guys. Re-posting this here because my post kinda got lost in the busy Step 1 thread and I would like some genuine advice.

Took COMSAE D and NBME 17 as baselines 2 weeks ago and just looking to get some advice on expected improvement for Step I and COMLEX. My study schedule is basically UFAP with SketchyMicro/Pharm and some biochem and biostats supplementation. I am currently 55% done with my first pass through Uworld and I plan to finish it and then go through it one more completely before the end of my dedicated. Currently at 63% average that is slowly going up as I get more material under my belt. (I have no full passes through FAP/sketchy yet; will be done with my first past next week). I have exactly 8 weeks until my exam date.

COMSAE D basline: ~500
NBME 17 baseline: ~210
Uworld (only 55% done): 63% --> will be finishing in the next 3-4weeks and then go through 1 full pass again before my test in June.
I am going to take another NBME next week (after my first pass through my non-Uworld material), another one 5 weeks out from my exam, and then one every week in the 3 weeks leading up to my exam date (hopefully all show improvement).

My hope is a 550+ COMLEX (600+ dream) and a 235+ USMLE (245+ dream). Would anyone care to comment on the realistic nature of my goals and study timeline?

Hey guys. Re-posting this here because my post kinda got lost in the busy Step 1 thread and I would like some genuine advice.

Took COMSAE D and NBME 17 as baselines 2 weeks ago and just looking to get some advice on expected improvement for Step I and COMLEX. My study schedule is basically UFAP with SketchyMicro/Pharm and some biochem and biostats supplementation. I am currently 55% done with my first pass through Uworld and I plan to finish it and then go through it one more completely before the end of my dedicated. Currently at 63% average that is slowly going up as I get more material under my belt. (I have no full passes through FAP/sketchy yet; will be done with my first past next week). I have exactly 8 weeks until my exam date.

COMSAE D basline: ~500
NBME 17 baseline: ~210
Uworld (only 55% done): 63% --> will be finishing in the next 3-4weeks and then go through 1 full pass again before my test in June.
I am going to take another NBME next week (after my first pass through my non-Uworld material), another one 5 weeks out from my exam, and then one every week in the 3 weeks leading up to my exam date (hopefully all show improvement).

My hope is a 550+ COMLEX (600+ dream) and a 235+ USMLE (245+ dream). Would anyone care to comment on the realistic nature of my goals and study timeline?
I saw your post but I didn't feel it warranted a response. You're doing fine, once you finish Uworld you should be close to your target score. From there, just keep doing more questions and reading. There isn't a secret formula, buckle down and study.

Reactions: 1 users
Our school administered COMSAE D in early April. USMLE June 20th and COMLEX June 23.

COMSAE D - 732
Uworld - 85.5%
(finished with qbank)
NBME 13 - 250 (7 weeks from test day)
NBME 19 - 250 (5 weeks out- curve was harsh! ~93% correct)
NBME 15 - 252 ( 4 weeks out - 15 incorrect)
NBME 17 - 263 (18 days out - 8 incorrect)
UWSA 1 - 269 (10 days out - 20 incorrect)
NBME 18 - 263 ( 6 days out - 11 incorrect)
UWSA - 260 ( 3 days out - 20 incorrect)
I will continue to update as time progresses

Last edited:
Does anyone know the diffrence btw the Combank Blue print vs the System selection for questions ?

Isn't the blueprint based on the NBOME outline for exam topics? I'm not sure though
not sure thats why im asking. After doing uworld and now doing combank questions i really do see what people mean by vague and poorly worded questions. Its like going to bed with a 10 and waking up with a 3

Reactions: 2 users
not sure thats why im asking. After doing uworld and now doing combank questions i really do see what people mean by vague and poorly worded questions. Its like going to bed with a 10 and waking up with a 3
Dr. Courtney did a lecture at our school about comlex and combank and I think that's what he said. It's basically so you can plan your study around the official NBOME listed topics, but I haven't activated my combank yet so I'm not sure either

Lol I love this comparison. I just recently started doing some COMBANK too and it's definitely bizarre. Not sure how to quantify the difference exactly, but now understanding what people mean. I don't know the difference between systems vs. blueprint, I've got it on systems but have just been selecting all categories and doing sets of random questions to see the style.

Guys i feel like the comlex test on such different material. Its stuff that was considered low yield in lecture and was a "in the clinic we do this " speech, but its coming up on all of my questions

anyone know how similar COMSAE E is? I havent done any comlex specific practice questions, so just wondering.

anyone know how similar COMSAE E is? I havent done any comlex specific practice questions, so just wondering.

Purely going off my combank experience . Everything that was considered low yield in lecture and low yield in uworld has a nasty habit of being the correct answer in comlex like questions .

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

632, so its good but idk if i can trust it lol. Its like when the super hot girl on tinder says ya lets go on a date, but you dont know if shes serious or she just playing for food

632, so its good but idk if i can trust it lol. Its like when the super hot girl on tinder says ya lets go on a date, but you dont know if shes serious or she just playing for food
Given the predictability of the COMSAE, your tinder date might be with the actual hot girl, or a picture of her 87lbs ago. Hell, it might even be a dude that shows up. That's COMSAE for you.

Given the predictability of the COMSAE, your tinder date might be with the actual hot girl, or a picture of her 87lbs ago. Hell, it might even be a dude that shows up. That's COMSAE for you.

@Brorthopedic you should hit up this tinder girl as well and see if shes legit since we usually score similarly. But real talk thats why im like idk if believe it or not. Hopefully its the hot girl, and not a dude :android:

@Brorthopedic you should hit up this tinder girl as well and see if shes legit since we usually score similarly. But real talk thats why im like idk if believe it or not. Hopefully its the hot girl, and not a dude :android:
I'll be taking UWSA1 on Sunday, let's see if I can hit that 234 first lol

Hey, anybody know anything about the scale the COMSAE is scored on, or if it's possible that there are errors in scoring, or how predictive the scores really are of COMLEX performance?

Took Form A on 4/17, scored 873
Took Form E today, scored 883

Something's screwy here, right?

Hey, anybody know anything about the scale the COMSAE is scored on, or if it's possible that there are errors in scoring, or how predictive the scores really are of COMLEX performance?

you must go to MSUCOM, we took ours today. and from what im told its a cluster F***. and its said to be with in a 100 points accurate

Also random question but anyone find them self doing much better on uworld vs combank? my confidence is literally taking a hit when i do combank

what are your NBME scores?

Also random question but anyone find them self doing much better on uworld vs combank? my confidence is literally taking a hit when i do combank
Yeah either I hit 90s or 60s haha, there is no in-between