- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties
- Other Subspecialties
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 2018-2019 Infectious Disease Application Cycle
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I can only provide a few examples from a few of the programs that offered me Interviews. In University of Iowa's email they had 3 interview dates they offered, my interview day had 5 people (I've heard they interview up to 8 people sometimes) so that's between 15 and 24 people they interview.Anyone have a rough idea on how many people ID programs tend to interview per slot? Just curious.
Cleveland Clinic in there email to me offered 7 interview dates and stated they interview 3 people on each day making for a total of 21 people they interview.
No idea if other programs interview more or less people (I think most of my other interviews just offered me a few days but didnt tell me how many people they interview on any given day).
Hope that helped!
Anyone have a rough idea on how many people ID programs tend to interview per slot? Just curious.
Not sure how up-to-date or accurate it is, but some programs will list how many people they interviewed precisopre on AMAs freida
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
6-10 depending on program, i'd betAnyone have a rough idea on how many people ID programs tend to interview per slot? Just curious.
Do you guys think programs are still sending out interviews or do you think most have reviewed all their applications and sent out all of their interviews by now?
At this point I'd send emails to whomever you want to hear from
This thread needs a revival -
community based IM program IMG needing VISA
So I have these interviews thus far
Interviews Attended
Allegheny PA - ID/CCM
Rush university IL
UIC IL
Saint Louis university MO (also applied for critical care track)
Wayne state university/Detroit medical canter MI
North well/NSLIJ/Barbara Zucker school of medicine NY
NYU Winthrop hospital NY
Rutgers university NJ
Beaumont medical Centre MI
University of Cincinnati OH
Ascension St john MI
St joseph mercy Ann arbor MI
Interviews yet to attend
Henry ford Wayne state MI (also applied for critical care track)
University of Kansas medical Centre KS
Jackson memorial medical Centre FL
East Virgnia Medical School VA
Univeristy of Nebraska
if anyone has imputes about the IV's yet to attend and any questions about the ones attended feel free.
my question is, for the programs that have CCM most of the CCM programs are outside the match.
do these programs let you know about the outcome of the interviews prior to the ID match?
I guess for some it may affect ranking ...... but I hear its not allowed. on the other hand I hear that the CCM programs are starting to fill up, I also wonder if I should contact the CCM programs to find out.
Best of luck for the Match.
community based IM program IMG needing VISA
So I have these interviews thus far
Interviews Attended
Allegheny PA - ID/CCM
Rush university IL
UIC IL
Saint Louis university MO (also applied for critical care track)
Wayne state university/Detroit medical canter MI
North well/NSLIJ/Barbara Zucker school of medicine NY
NYU Winthrop hospital NY
Rutgers university NJ
Beaumont medical Centre MI
University of Cincinnati OH
Ascension St john MI
St joseph mercy Ann arbor MI
Interviews yet to attend
Henry ford Wayne state MI (also applied for critical care track)
University of Kansas medical Centre KS
Jackson memorial medical Centre FL
East Virgnia Medical School VA
Univeristy of Nebraska
if anyone has imputes about the IV's yet to attend and any questions about the ones attended feel free.
my question is, for the programs that have CCM most of the CCM programs are outside the match.
do these programs let you know about the outcome of the interviews prior to the ID match?
I guess for some it may affect ranking ...... but I hear its not allowed. on the other hand I hear that the CCM programs are starting to fill up, I also wonder if I should contact the CCM programs to find out.
Best of luck for the Match.
Last edited:
Independent2018
New Member
This thread needs a revival -
community based IM program IMG needing VISA
So I have these interviews thus far
Interviews Attended
Allegheny PA - ID/CCM
Rush university IL
UIC IL
Saint Louis university MO (also applied for critical care track)
Wayne state university/Detroit medical canter MI
North well/NSLIJ/Barbara Zucker school of medicine NY
NYU Winthrop hospital NY
Rutgers university NJ
Beaumont medical Centre MI
University of Cincinnati OH
Ascension St john MI
St joseph mercy Ann arbor MI
Interviews yet to attend
Henry ford Wayne state MI (also applied for critical care track)
University of Kansas medical Centre KS
Jackson memorial medical Centre FL
East Virgnia Medical School VA
Univeristy of Nebraska
if anyone has imputes about the IV's yet to attend and any questions about the ones attended feel free.
my question is, for the programs that have CCM most of the CCM programs are outside the match.
do these programs let you know about the outcome of the interviews prior to the ID match?
I guess for some it may affect ranking ...... but I hear its not allowed. on the other hand I hear that the CCM programs are starting to fill up, I also wonder if I should contact the CCM programs to find out.
Best of luck for the Match.
I am wondering how you did manage to attend all those interviews in 3rd year!
I'm wondering the same thing! No way would I be able to get that much time off, I'm already struggling in terms of my schedule to go to 10 of them.I am wondering how you did manage to attend all those interviews in 3rd year!
On the NRMP Charting the Outcomes PDF, if you rank >3 programs, you have 90% of matching with almost 100% chance of matching with 7 ranks. This information is from 2011, but I can't imaging it to have changed that much. Ranking only 3 programs seems too few to me tho.
How many interviews is everyone planning on completing?
I used up all my educational days and vacation.I am wondering how you did manage to attend all those interviews in 3rd year!
How did people feel about the following programs?
- Brown
- Boston University
- Brown
- Boston University
Has anyone interviewed at Rush or VCU. I have the both of them coming up (last 2 interviews!) and I'm very excited to visit and learn about both programs.
If you did interview there, what were your thoughts.
Thanks!
If you did interview there, what were your thoughts.
Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3
305985
Hi all, I hope you are having a happy match day. If anyone out there happened to not match, could you post a list of programs that went unfilled?
Happy Match day everyone!
I fell further down my rank list than I thought I would but hey I still matched!
I hope everyone else got some good news!
I fell further down my rank list than I thought I would but hey I still matched!
I hope everyone else got some good news!
D
deleted935581
Where did people match?
D
deleted935581
How far down if you don't mind me asking?
Happy Match day everyone!
I fell further down my rank list than I thought I would but hey I still matched!
I hope everyone else got some good news!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 182
- Views
- 36K