*~*~*~* Official 2018-2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

Dec 7, 2018
Did you go from rejection email to acceptance?
it was the email they sent out saying the class is full, and you had to email them again if you were still interested on being on the new waitlist. people were calling that a soft rejection, but that's why i put the question mark in my original comment

Reactions: SmileItsLife

SmileItsLife

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
it was the email they sent out saying the class is full, and you had to email them again if you were still interested on being on the new waitlist. people were calling that a soft rejection, but that's why i put the question mark in my original comment
Ahhh... I got the same thing

Sep 28, 2018
ACCEPTANCE #1 (SOOO HAPPY AND RELIEVED!!!)
School: LLUSD
Notification Date:
4/12/2019
Method of notification: Phone call, 11:23 AM PST
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.6, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/19/19/No
Congrats!! I applied 3 times... and know waiting is incredibly hard! A late acceptance is great news and relief!

Jan 2, 2018
TX
Status
Pre-Dental
I haven’t posted in this thread much this cycle, but thought this could be helpful/ encouraging to others in future cycles:

Residency: TX
Application complete date: Last week of June/ first week of July for some supplementaries
GPA (science, overall): 3.1, 3.15
~100 hours community service and shadowing and 1 semester of research
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/22/ none

1st interview invite: OU (email), received mid September and interviewed 10/14. Waitlisted 12/3, officially rejected 5/7.

2nd invite: MWUIL (Portal then email later), received early December, interviewed 1/17, accepted 1/18!

3rd invite: UTHSCSA (phone call), received 1/8 and interviewed 1/14. Rejected today.

Rejected without interview by UT Houston, A&M, MWUAZ, Colorado, UNLV, LECOM, Western, and ASDOH. Never heard from Roseman after they emailed that my app was under review.

It’s been one LONG and stressful process and cycle to get here but I am so grateful for my acceptance. To anyone who has doubts about their stats or if you should apply or wait, just go for it! You’ll never know unless you try

Last edited:
OP
artist2022

artist2022

yes, I'm a girl
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
I think it's just about time to retire this thread. New one to come in a few weeks!

Congrats everyone and good luck to you too!