*~*~*~* Official 2018-2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

Oct 19, 2018
Hello! Didn’t know where else to ask this but does anyone know if I have to do the background criminal check separately for each school or does it get sent to all schools to which you got accepted?

Jul 15, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello! Didn’t know where else to ask this but does anyone know if I have to do the background criminal check separately for each school or does it get sent to all schools to which you got accepted?
It depends on the schools. Most schools use the Certiphi Background check, so if the schools you got accepted to all use this, then it gets sent to all of those schools. If a school does not use that, it's probably separate from the rest.

henicouture

2+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
How are yall declining or retracting an acceptance after putting down the deposit :O any tips would be appreciated or if there's a link I can look at!!

Faefly

I am a Naruto fan Now!
2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
How are yall declining or retracting an acceptance after putting down the deposit :O any tips would be appreciated or if there's a link I can look at!!
I have the same question. Any help would be appreciated!

Reactions: henicouture

princeafrica

Certified Boss
Dec 7, 2017
Status
Dental Student
They won’t refund you so just keep it simple.

“Dear Admissions, Thank you for interviewing and accepting me this cycle. I really enjoyed my time at x School of Dentistry. I have received an offer from my top choice school which I will be accepting. I would like to respectfully withdraw my seat reservation and I hope to reconnect with x school down the road. Thank you again for this opportunity.”

henicouture

2+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental

“Dear Admissions, Thank you for interviewing and accepting me this cycle. I really enjoyed my time at x School of Dentistry. I have received an offer from my top choice school which I will be accepting. I would like to respectfully withdraw my seat reservation and I hope to reconnect with x school down the road. Thank you again for this opportunity.”
you're a rockstar! Thank you :D

Reactions: princeafrica

Faefly

I am a Naruto fan Now!
2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental

That's very nice.

ForgottenDreams

5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Interview #3
School:
MWU-IL
Notification date: 2/28/2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/2018
Application complete date: 10/1/2018 (..i lagged on the supplement)
GPA (science, overall): 3.0, 3.2, (post-Bac: 3.6)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 4 dates in March

I will be declining the interview and withdrawing my application.

OrphanageCaretaker

2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2014
Status
Dental Student
ACCEPTANCE #1 SO EXCITED I'M CELEBRATING TONIGHTTTTT
School:
ASDOH
Notification Date: 3/1/2019
Method of notification: Phone call, 8:45 AM PST
Application complete date: 06/27/2018
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.3, 3.2 GRAD: 3.6 (Still in my master's program, 4.0 this semester)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/16/20/Yes(pat)

Last edited:

Gymgivitis

2+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
ACCEPTANCE #1 Third Year Applying:)!!!
School: LECOM

Notification Date: 3/1/2019
Method of notification: email
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.3, 3.3 GRAD: 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any below a 17): 20/19/22/19/nope

Anything is possible. Started with a 1.8 GPA my first semester of college. Worked my tail off while applying three years in a row. Interviewed three years in a row. Waitlisted this year. And now, finally accepted. Words can’t describe how happy I am.

Faefly

I am a Naruto fan Now!
2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Notification Date:
3/1/2019
GPA (Science, Overall):
3.3, 3.3 GRAD: 3.9

Anything is possible. Started with a 1.8
GPA my first semester of college. Worked my tail off while applying three years in a row. Interviewed three years in a row. Waitlisted this year. And now, finally accepted. Words can’t describe how happy I am.
Yay, congrats :)

Reactions: Gymgivitis
Sep 28, 2018
Notification Date:
3/1/2019
GPA (Science, Overall):
3.3, 3.3 GRAD: 3.9

Anything is possible. Started with a 1.8 GPA my first semester of college. Worked my tail off while applying three years in a row. Interviewed three years in a row. Waitlisted this year. And now, finally accepted. Words can’t describe how happy I am.
This sounds so much like my story!!! I'm very happy for you!!!!

Faefly

I am a Naruto fan Now!
2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Decided to stay in SoCal and stay close to family haha
Yeah, I decided to decline their invitation for a similar reason, I was hoping they would invite my sister too, but they didn't so what the heck I am gonna do in the west coast alone. All my family on the east coast.

Not to mention, how my mom started having anxiety lol, she was thinking I would go away and they won't be able to see me.

AJF

5+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2013
Boston
Status
Pre-Dental
Interview/Acceptance/Rejection
School: NYU
Notification date: 3/8/2019
Method of notification: EMAIL
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/28/2018
Application complete date: 10/1/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/no
Dates available :Had an interview at BU in January and wait listed. Interview at Leecom a week ago and haven't heard. Interview at NYU three days ago and accepted. I went to NYU undergrad. I am going to NYU

Faefly

I am a Naruto fan Now!
2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Dates available :Had an interview at BU in January and wait listed. Interview at

Leecom a week ago and haven't heard. Interview at NYU three days ago and accepted. I went to NYU undergrad. I am going to NYU
Congratulations. :cat:

Reactions: henicouture
Sep 28, 2018
Dates available :Had an interview at BU in January and wait listed. Interview at Leecom a week ago and haven't heard. Interview at NYU three days ago and accepted. I went to NYU undergrad. I am going to NYU
That's great considering you applied late in the cycle!!! Congrats!!!

AppalachianDentalBoy

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Nov 5, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
No unfortunately. I'm still waiting to hear back from my state school (SIU) haven't heard a word from them since I interviewed back in September.
Dang. Here is to hope though.
I forgot Indiana and Illinois were different states. Everything in the midwest kinda blends together... too much corn.

Jun 8, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
Acceptance #1!!!!
School: MWU-IL
Notification date: 3/11/19
Interview date: 11/8/18
I really thought I was done for this cycle but I got the email this morning!
Also, the email didn't specify when they expect a deposit, so is it safe to assume 14 days from now?

Diamond_9

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
Bronze Donor
Jul 17, 2018
Acceptance #1!!!!
School:
MWU-IL
Also, the email didn't specify when they expect a deposit, so is it safe to assume 14 days from now?
Congrats!!! See you in the fall!

Reactions: CaliforniaCrentist
Mar 27, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
Haven’t posted any updates here in awhile. Was accepted to CWRU in December. Waitlisted at my state school - Indiana U. Took two more post-Dec interview invites to Louisville and Marquette at the end of Jan. Was accepted to Louisville early Feb. Got the call from Indiana last Monday with an acceptance, and on the same day, got an email from Marquette saying I’m the first to be called for the OOS waitlist when a spot opens up. Today I was accepted to Midwestern-IL.

Just wanna say...it pays to be patient. I was feeling a little dejected in Dec after getting waitlisted by my state school. And now, it’s likely I’ll get an acceptance from all five schools I interviewed at, which is pretty freakin cool.

As far as my decision, I’m debating between Indiana (IS) and Marquette (OOS). I have this week to decide before IU rescinds their offer. I don’t have an official acceptance at Marquette yet, but it’s very very likely I will be getting one soon (according to the admissions director). I loved Marquette, but the higher tuition is bugging me. So...

Feeling so excited and blessed today. Waitlists are obviously moving quickly, so to those of you still waiting, don’t give up hope! And congrats to all you future dentists :)

asvp

2+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Acceptance #1!!!!
School:
MWU-IL
congrats friend! how much was the deposit they required if you don't mind me asking?

Jun 8, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
congrats friend! how much was the deposit they required if you don't mind me asking?
Lol it's only $200?? It seems like it should be more but maybe there's a second deposit coming too. I haven't gotten the official letter so this is just based off the portal

Faefly

I am a Naruto fan Now!
2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Interview # 13

Oregon
I applied to that school on Oct 27th or something but forgot to pay the secondary fee so they contacted me and I paid it on Nov 2nd.

I am out of state and an east coast resident.

They gave me 14 days to reply and call them.

They contacted me by email today at 3:30 pm which is I guess 12:30 in their time!

Reactions: serendipity30

princeafrica

Certified Boss
Dec 7, 2017
Status
Dental Student
I can't believe I'm turning down UCSF :vomit:
I choosing UNLV..... more to do with how I want to live the next 4 years.
house vs. shared apartment
30K vs 16K spendable cash
tons of patients vs prestige
Its all points to UNLV, but somewhere inside me, I think I'm crazy!!!
I rejected a total of $200k in free money from UCSF. I know how you feel lool

O Cabra

2+ Year Member
May 18, 2017
Salt Lake City, UT
Status
Pre-Dental
Acceptance #5
School: UT Houston
Notification date: 03/13/19
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Utah
TMDSAS mail-out date: 5/21/18
Application complete date: 6/18/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.65, 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/27/22/21/none

Jan 22, 2019
will more spots open up from waitlists when canadian d schools send out acceptances on april 1st?
Most likely. I have three friends accepted to schools in the states but everyone of them would take an offer to a Canadian school. Depending on the school and with the dollar exchange it can save us about 200k (cdn) to stay up here.

Reactions: dreamdds2019

TotallyUncertain

2+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I have two schools A and B.

School A I have paid the deposit for and school B offered me a scholarship, which I declined. They then offered double the original, which I still declined.

School A is 60-80k cheaper than school B. I liked both schools a lot.

School B wants to know what school I want to go to instead of them.

Should I tell school B?

School A said they might give me more money in May.

I think there are three scenarios.

1. B doesn't tell A and keeps the information for their own records.
2. B tells A, A feels more inclined to give me additional funding because I have been courting other acceptances with other schools and they don't want to lose me.
3. B tells A, A gets offended that I have been entertaining leaving other programs even after I paid two deposits to hold me spot. They decide to not give me funds out of spite.