*~*~*~* Official 2018-2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I applied to three schools this year.. LSU, Memphis and Florida. Got waitlisted at LSU on dec. 3, waitlisted at Memphis but applied last year (took my DAT too late last year so LSU wouldnt consider). Nada from FL. After I got waitlisted at LSU decided to apply to 4 more schools in january.. temple, touro, tufts and Lecom. Got interviews within the last few weeks at temple, touro, and tufts. (Couldn’t believe it considering I applied last minute) was on way to tufts interview waiting in Miami airport and found I was accepted to LSU so turned back home.

All the interviews they sent to me for last 3 schools were only in Feb.

Residency- LA
GPA- 3.7, 3.65 science
DAT- 21,20,21,24 QR 16..

Good luck to everyone else!

Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Rejection from WesternU today.
with out interviewing
------
Interview offer at Mid-IL (# 5)
email sent Feb 5.
I withdrew my application.

Last edited:
Acceptance #.....oh right I'm still waiting to hear back from schools and get off a waitlist lol

UPDATE: I received my first and only acceptance this past Monday!!! It was my only interview. I'm stoked!

School: Roseman University College of Dental Medicine
Notification Date: 2/11/2019
Method of notification: Phone 1:45 PM PST
Application complete date: 08/27/2018
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.16, 3.47
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/25/19/21/None

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATE: I received my first and only acceptance this past Monday!!! It was my only interview. I'm stoked!

School: Roseman University College of Dental Medicine
Notification Date: 2/11/2019
Method of notification: Phone 1:45 PM PST
Application complete date: 08/27/2018
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.16, 3.47
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/25/18/21/None

Congratulations :)

Reactions: 1 user
Updates
Rejected: Tufts (no interview)
Accepted: Penn (post-dec 1 interview), UConn (will be attending)
Waitlisted: UNE, Rutgers (pre-dec 1 interviews at both)
Heard nothing from: Pitt, Maryland, BU, NYU, Stony, Harvard, Columbia

INTERVIEW #2 (MY NUMBER 1 CHOICE)
School: USC
Notification Date: 2/19/2019
Method of notification: Email, 9:45 AM PST
Application complete date: 06/27/2018
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.2, 3.3 GRAD: 3.6 (Still in my master's program, 4.0 this semester)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/16/20/Yes(pat)

Reactions: 4 users
Interview invite today at Midwestern-IL, will be turning it down.

Members don't see this ad :)
INTERVIEW #2 (MY NUMBER 1 CHOICE)
School: USC
Notification Date: 2/19/2019
Method of notification: Email, 9:45 AM PST
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.2, 3.3 GRAD: 3.6 (Still in my master's program, 4.0 this semester)

Good Luck!!!!

Its very cold up there!! :cool:
haha I know, that's one of the reasons I'm turning it down. If I wasn't already accepted I'd definitely go, but I am. So I hope it goes to someone who has been waiting!

haha I know, that's one of the reasons I'm turning it down. If I wasn't already accepted I'd definitely go, but I am. So I hope it goes to someone who has been waiting!
I did the same thing!! But... it's funny... it's snowing in Las Vegas today!! lol it's cold everywhere!! lol

Acceptance #2: Maryland
Got the email this morning!!

Reactions: 3 users
Acceptance #1: Loma Linda

Just got the call and email!

Reactions: 12 users
Had to decline Louisville over the weekend. So sad but good luck to everyone else!!

Acceptance # 2
Today via phone call and email: UCSF

OMG!!! I'm in shock. The bad thing is that I've been starting to really like the idea of going to UNLV
I need to do some serious thinking for a few days!!! :eyebrow:

Reactions: 10 users
Acceptance # 2

OMG!!! I'm in shock. The bad thing is that I've been starting to really like the idea of going to UNLV

Congrats! Did you fill out all your financial aid information? I would also look at your financial aid package for UCSF before making a decision. I was pleasantly surprised

Acceptance # 2

Congrats. I think UCSF is a great school.
and San Francisco is a great city.

But if you are married, it all boils down to what your kids and wife want in the end.

Acceptance 5 Temple. I loved this school and the staff were nice.

But I am gonna decline in a week or so...

why wait a week...

I have some issues with my planned courses and I have to make sure the school I want to attend would accept the change of my planned courses.

I have some issues with my planned courses and I have to make sure the school I want to attend would accept the change of my planned courses.
ok, good luck

ok, good luck

Thank you, same to you.

I also feel bad about rejecting them right away. I feel it kinda like I didn't even consider them.

Hello! Didn’t know where else to ask this but does anyone know if I have to do the background criminal check separately for each school or does it get sent to all schools to which you got accepted?

Hello! Didn’t know where else to ask this but does anyone know if I have to do the background criminal check separately for each school or does it get sent to all schools to which you got accepted?
It depends on the schools. Most schools use the Certiphi Background check, so if the schools you got accepted to all use this, then it gets sent to all of those schools. If a school does not use that, it's probably separate from the rest.

Congrats! Did you fill out all your financial aid information? I would also look at your financial aid package for UCSF before making a decision. I was pleasantly surprised
Thanks for the idea... I'm looking at that today

Interview #14
School:
Roseman
Notification date: 02/27/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: SD
Application complete date: 6/19/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.89, 3.92
DAT 22 AA/23 TS/19 PAT/21 Reading

Reactions: 2 users
How are yall declining or retracting an acceptance after putting down the deposit :O any tips would be appreciated or if there's a link I can look at!!

How are yall declining or retracting an acceptance after putting down the deposit :O any tips would be appreciated or if there's a link I can look at!!

I have the same question. Any help would be appreciated!

They won’t refund you so just keep it simple.

“Dear Admissions, Thank you for interviewing and accepting me this cycle. I really enjoyed my time at x School of Dentistry. I have received an offer from my top choice school which I will be accepting. I would like to respectfully withdraw my seat reservation and I hope to reconnect with x school down the road. Thank you again for this opportunity.”

Reactions: 10 users

“Dear Admissions, Thank you for interviewing and accepting me this cycle. I really enjoyed my time at x School of Dentistry. I have received an offer from my top choice school which I will be accepting. I would like to respectfully withdraw my seat reservation and I hope to reconnect with x school down the road. Thank you again for this opportunity.”
you're a rockstar! Thank you :D

That's very nice.

Interview #3
School:
MWU-IL
Notification date: 2/28/2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/2018
Application complete date: 10/1/2018 (..i lagged on the supplement)
GPA (science, overall): 3.0, 3.2, (post-Bac: 3.6)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 4 dates in March

I will be declining the interview and withdrawing my application.

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTANCE #1 SO EXCITED I'M CELEBRATING TONIGHTTTTT
School:
ASDOH
Notification Date: 3/1/2019
Method of notification: Phone call, 8:45 AM PST
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.3, 3.2 GRAD: 3.6 (Still in my master's program, 4.0 this semester)

Last edited:
Reactions: 26 users
ACCEPTANCE #1 Third Year Applying:)!!!
School: LECOM

Notification Date: 3/1/2019
Method of notification: email
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.3, 3.3 GRAD: 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any below a 17): 20/19/22/19/nope

Anything is possible. Started with a 1.8 GPA my first semester of college. Worked my tail off while applying three years in a row. Interviewed three years in a row. Waitlisted this year. And now, finally accepted. Words can’t describe how happy I am.

Reactions: 43 users
Notification Date:
3/1/2019
GPA (Science, Overall):
3.3, 3.3 GRAD: 3.9

Anything is possible. Started with a 1.8
GPA my first semester of college. Worked my tail off while applying three years in a row. Interviewed three years in a row. Waitlisted this year. And now, finally accepted. Words can’t describe how happy I am.

Yay, congrats :)

Notification Date:
3/1/2019
GPA (Science, Overall):
3.3, 3.3 GRAD: 3.9

Anything is possible. Started with a 1.8 GPA my first semester of college. Worked my tail off while applying three years in a row. Interviewed three years in a row. Waitlisted this year. And now, finally accepted. Words can’t describe how happy I am.
This sounds so much like my story!!! I'm very happy for you!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.