Official 2018 COMLEX Level 2 CE Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mj2323

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's start this to help everyone out! For those who have taken it, any tips or advice on what you used and worked? If you don't mind, please post your scores and how long you studied for.

Members don't see this ad.

What's the concensus on the upcoming score release? Are we looking at a Thursday, Friday or Monday?

Really hoping for Thursday, but I’m predicting Friday. I have heard that they don’t release on weekends...?

Also just to add, some ppl have talked smack about combank, I did all of combank and uworld 1.5x and swear there were at least 5 questions that were identical to combank questions, I think the ways combank tested common topics were more similar than uworld to the actual exam. Also did most of conquest, and felt it was too easy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else's exam status section change? Mine only shows my PE result now.
On Sunday, September 16, we will be performing system maintenance. This will result in a registration and scheduling outage, from approximately 8am-2pm EST.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is tomorrow supposed to be the last day? wish they were more considerate of those wanting to get scores onto ERAS....

Reposting/Updating from Step II CK thread as COMLEX 2 CE score came in today.

4th Year DO student applying to Neurology

Step 1: 250+
COMLEX 1: 800+
COMAT Exam Range: all within 115-135

NBME 6: 260
NBME 8: 265
UWSA 1: 270 (felt this was surprisingly easy and did not expect to correlate to exam day)
UWSA 2: 263 (most predictive!)
UWorld 1st pass: ~75%
UWorld 2nd pass: ~93%

Step 2: 260+
COMLEX 2: 900+

Step 2 studying was 3 weeks dedicated time. I used primarily Uworld as my only study tool during dedicated. Briefly read a few things in FA for Step 2 CK as well, but did not use it extensively. Studied very hard 3rd year for every COMAT exam with various resources for each, but core resources for all of them were: OME, Uworld, COMBANK COMAT, and 1 text regarding the rotation (eg Pestanas for Surgery, Case Files for OBGYN and FM, FA for Psych). First pass of Uworld was during 3rd year and did a full second pass during the the 1 month rotation prior to my dedicated period and finishing it during my dedicated period. I took the exams a weekend apart (friday/monday) with Step II CK being first. I did no other studying over the weekend between other than read a bit of Savarese to brush up on simple OMM topics.

My Step II CK exam day experience consisted of me only getting 4 hours of sleep the night before due to anxiety about the exam, but it seemed to not influence me during the actual test. The test was a blur of various things, but overall I felt it was a fair exam with equally represented topics. There were a couple tricky biostats and ethics questions on both exams. My COMLEX 2 CE exam day experience was nothing special. I was much more confident about my performance on COMLEX 2 CE than on Step II CK, which likely resulted in me being more calm. But my goal was the same for both tests, which was to trust my preparation and don't second guess my answers. I think I accomplished this well.

In my personal opinion, studying hard for every shelf exam was the most important thing I did for my studying. My 3 weeks of dedicated was more of a review than it was any actual learning. I think that using OME, Uworld, and 1 text per rotation is more than enough for a student to do well on a shelf, so long as they are getting exposed to various things during the respective rotation and reading up on patients. This will carry over into your Step 2 preparation (add Greenbook + COMBANK/COMQUEST if DO student). Other than that I think Step 2 preparation is much more straightforward and less convoluted than approaching Step 1. I am more than happy to answer any individual questions.

I am very happy with my scores and I am glad to be done with Step 2! On to passing the COMLEX PE.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
An update for those future students who may be in the same unfortunate situation as me which was a Comlex Level 2 CE failure. I failed my Comlex Level 2 CE just a couple of points under 400. Within 1 month I retook the test after dedicated studying and scored couple of points below 600. It is just a test it does not define you or your true knowledge. I developed a lot of anxiety in the past two months due to the situation and today I finally feel relief. Hard work always pays off coupled with a bit of self-analysis. Good luck to everybody in Matching.

Reactions: 1 users
An update for those future students who may be in the same unfortunate situation as me which was a Comlex Level 2 CE failure. I failed my Comlex Level 2 CE just a couple of points under 400. Within 1 month I retook the test after dedicated studying and scored couple of points below 600. It is just a test it does not define you or your true knowledge. I developed a lot of anxiety in the past two months due to the situation and today I finally feel relief. Hard work always pays off coupled with a bit of self-analysis. Good luck to everybody in Matching.

I'm retaking COMLEX CE soon. Scored 395 first time around. Any suggestions will be appreciated :)