Official 2019 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiousmind8

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please, limit your posts and questions to only CK exam experience related. It's hard for others to go through so many unrelated posts to finally a post about CK exam.

Thank you very much to all those who share their experience with everyone.

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Chiming in! SDN immensely helped me during Step 1 prep. Took that 2 years ago and scored 260’s, but now I feel like I ‘ve forgotten all the material..

Planning to take Step 2CK late April, early May. Studying until then part-time mostly, cos I’m doing my army service, then hopefully around 5weeks dedicated.. Posting my plan/resources, open to criticism/advice!

IM: Kaplan vids + SU2M + CMS q’s
Surgery: Kaplan Vids + Notes + CMS q’s
Ob/Gyn : Kaplan Vids + Notes + CMS q’s
Peds: OME + Case Files: Peds (already familiar with those resources ) + CMS q’s
Psych/ethics/stats : Kaplan Vids + Notes + CMS q’s

Dedicated: Uworld + SU2M + MTB 3 + 2 NBME’s

Good luck to all of us taking it in 2019!!

Reactions: 1 users
Took Step 2 CK on 12/22/18. NBME permit went down this past Sunday. Yesterday, my score on the FCVS site was 'Undetermined.' This morning, my score was 'Pass.' Now, it is just blank.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Thanks, and good luck to all who take CK or receive their score this year!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone got CK score report yet? Took it Dec. 20th

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I haven't gotten my score report yet. I expect that it will come around 11 AM ET.

However, my FCVS score is now being listed as "pass." It was ''undetermined" on Sunday and just blank for most of Monday and Tuesday.

To be honest, I am extremely relieved just to pass. It was a tough exam and study period for me. The thought of having to study for it and take it again is dreadful. Good luck to everyone.

Took my exam 28 dec 2018. Got scores today: 261.

Left the exam feeling like I failed. Everything was a blur. Trust your practice scores.

Uworld: 1st pass 69%, 2nd pass 94%
Amboss: 69%
Kaplan: 76%
Kaplan simulated: 78%, 86%
CMS forms: 80-90% for all except psych; psych was difficult imo
NBME 6: 247 (3 months out), 7: 262, 8: 27x (low 270s) 7 and 8 done 3-4 days out
UWSA1: 290 (super inflated as I did zanki which covers UWSA)
UWSA2: 27x (super inflated as I did zanki)

I’m an MD-PhD IMG student who did the exam before completing any core rotations. I have only done 3 months of (med and surg) rotations prior to taking the step. Studied 1y part-time (during my last PhD year) and used it to ease the transition back into medicine after PhD. Have not done any psych, obs/gyn, or paeds. Did not find any one in a similar position as I was so just thought I would share my experience: it is possible to do okay even without completing core rotations although I would advice against it. Exam was very difficult and I left the exam thinking that the only thing that I could have done to improve my scores was more time on the wards.

Resources:
- SU2M and MTB (only used it as I had not been doing medicine for 4 years due to PhD so needed something to help relearn a lot of things I had forgotten)
- onlinemeded
- zanki and WiWA (very good resources; highly recommend; did both; WiWA is more comprehensive)

Step 1: 261 (2014; done during first year of PhD)

Last edited:
Took my exam 28 dec 2018. Got scores today: 261.

Left the exam feeling like I failed. Everything was a blur. Trust your practice scores.

Uworld: 1st pass 69%, 2nd pass 94%
Amboss: 69%
Kaplan: 76%
Kaplan simulated: 78%, 86%
CMS forms: 80-90% for all except psych; psych was difficult imo
NBME 6: 247 (3 months out), 7: 262, 8: 27x (low 270s) 7 and 8 done 3-4 days out
UWSA1: 290 (super inflated as I did zanki which covers UWSA)
UWSA2: 27x (super inflated as I did zanki)

I’m an MD-PhD IMG student who did the exam before completing any core rotations. I have only done 3 months of (med and surg) rotations prior to taking the step. Studied 1y part-time (during my last PhD year) and used it to ease the transition back into medicine after PhD. Have not done any psych, obs/gyn, or paeds. Did not find any one in a similar position as I was so just thought I would share my experience: it is possible to do okay even without completing core rotations although I would advice against it. Exam was very difficult and I left the exam thinking that the only thing that I could have done to improve my scores was more time on the wards.

Resources:
- SU2M and MTB (only used it as I had not been doing medicine for 4 years due to PhD so needed something to help relearn a lot of things I had forgotten)
- onlinemeded
- zanki and WiWA (very good resources; highly recommend; did both; WiWA is more comprehensive)

Step 1: 261 (2014; done during first year of PhD)

Congrats in the amazing score! I’m currently doing zanki along with uworld and so far I’ve seen progress. Should I also add WiWA in order to get a better score?

Congrats in the amazing score! I’m currently doing zanki along with uworld and so far I’ve seen progress. Should I also add WiWA in order to get a better score?

I think it’s either or. No need to do both. WiWA is definitely more comprehensive with more minute details. But I think Zanki is enough. I guess it really depends on the amount of time you have left and how much time you are willing to spend a day on anki.

What I did was one run through of Zanki which took about 1.5 months (200 cards a day) and then I stopped using Zanki altogether and started WiWA (200 cards daily) for about 2 months. By that time Zanki had sort of accumulated such that when I did Zanki again, I was essentially going through one full pass of Zanki. And I did about 1500 cards a day (this was like 3-4d before my actual exam).

Reactions: 1 user
I think it’s either or. No need to do both. WiWA is definitely more comprehensive with more minute details. But I think Zanki is enough. I guess it really depends on the amount of time you have left and how much time you are willing to spend a day on anki.

What I did was one run through of Zanki which took about 1.5 months (200 cards a day) and then I stopped using Zanki altogether and started WiWA (200 cards daily) for about 2 months. By that time Zanki had sort of accumulated such that when I did Zanki again, I was essentially going through one full pass of Zanki. And I did about 1500 cards a day (this was like 3-4d before my actual exam).
Wtf, were you not reading the tables? How much time were you putting in to go through 1500? I usually run through about 3-400 in 2 hours, but I'm also doing my Uworld and OMED. Were you not doing those on top of that?

Wtf, were you not reading the tables? How much time were you putting in to go through 1500? I usually run through about 3-400 in 2 hours, but I'm also doing my Uworld and OMED. Were you not doing those on top of that?

Yup during the last read through (1500/day), I was mostly not reading the tables/explanations unless it was a table/explanation that I did not really remember/understand at that point. I had been doing anki cards for about 4 months at that time so most of the reading of tables was done during that 4 months so that took considerably longer. I would say about 5H to go through 1500 at that point.

I did OME and Uworld 1st pass before doing zAnki/WiWA which I actually recommend as zAnki/WiWA is mostly based on uworld so it becomes more of recognizing the question rather than learning how to tease out what the question is asking.

After OME and uworld, I was doing 200 anki cards a day with Kaplan qbank/CMS forms/amboss qbank.

When I did 1500 cards/day I was about 3 days out and had finished all of the qbanks and nbmes so I was only doing cards just to jog my memory.

Members don't see this ad :)
took exam 12/7, did about 200 UW questions, both UWSAs (254 and 246) then didn't study for a month. finished ms3 in may 2018, did about half of UW w/ 78% correct. Did IM rotation in august 2017 (18 months prior to CK). walked in to the exam cold, had no clue what was going on most of the exam. questioned why i did that.

then got score report and it was a 260. WTF?? how did this happen??

a) got pretty damn lucky on a few guesses
b) studied my @SS off throughout MS3 (95+ percentile on all shelves except 1)
c) got lucky
d) throughout MS3, focused more on how to be a smart doctor and understanding WHY rather than just memorizing the endless factoids found in anki decks and review books (why does everybody feel the need to do this??)
e) seriously d) is by far the most important
f) got really forking lucky

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys!
I’m looking for study partner to study First aid step 2 CK together, just 1-2 hours per day, EST time. If anyone interested please let me know.
Good luck every body

Progress so far:
-Almost done with first pass of Uworld at 65%
-almost done with OMED
-NMBE 6 - 170 taken three weeks ago
-UWSA1 - 230 taken today
Still have 4 weeks to go. Definitely see where my weaknesses are (renal, endo, and pulm).
Want a 240-250. Will see, fingers crossed

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, I have CK in 2 days and I'm freaking out/thinking about pushing my test back. I scored 255 on UWSA1 and 244 on UWSA2 but was tired. I haven't finished UWorld and haven't read any books and I'm thinking about pushing my exam back. I start rotations again Feb 4th and will not have time to study. Don't know what to do. I scored a 230 on Step 1 but didn't study much (got really lucky...have no idea how that happened considering I had a panic attack during the test). Also, for Step 1, I got like 240 and 242 on UWSA1 and UWSA2 but 230 on the exam...wondering how predictive UWSAs are for Step 2...any advice will help

Last edited:
So...how does one study for CK? I feel like with Step 1 there's a very straightforward consensus on what you are supposed to do and when you're supposed to do if in order to do well, but that doesn't necessarily seem to be the case for Step 2 CK. I finish clinical rotations at the end of April and will do my sub-I in May. At that point I will have finished my first pass of UWorld. I haven't used the Zanki deck as I didn't want to spoil any of the UWorld questions, but I have been making my own Anki cards throughout the year.

I aim to take CK in July, which is when the majority of people at my school take it. What's the best strategy? Take a month-long dedicated and go through a second pass of UWorld and Anki everyday? Are there equivalent FA/Pathoma resources that I should be using? Another Q-bank? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: 1 users
Took CK today....already wrote down almost 70 questions I think I've missed...feel so extremely down...I should have prepared more...so many easy questions I put the wrong answers on, I'm so mad at myself...My UWSA scores were 255 and 245...I'd be lucky to even pass at this point...scored a 230 on Step 1 and was hoping for an increase in score but I can't believe how badly I messed up....the whole thing is a blur....such a bad experience :cryi::cryi:

Took CK today....already wrote down almost 70 questions I think I've missed...feel so extremely down...I should have prepared more...so many easy questions I put the wrong answers on, I'm so mad at myself...My UWSA scores were 255 and 245...I'd be lucky to even pass at this point...scored a 230 on Step 1 and was hoping for an increase in score but I can't believe how badly I messed up....the whole thing is a blur....such a bad experience :cryi::cryi:

Hey Drkr91, everyone feels this way after the exam. I felt the exact same way as well "so many easy questions I put the wrong answers on", "I'd be lucky to even pass at this point". Relax and have a well-deserved rest. Do your best not to think about the scores for the next 3 weeks (almost impossible I know!). Trust your practice scores, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Hey Drkr91, everyone feels this way after the exam. I felt the exact same way as well "so many easy questions I put the wrong answers on", "I'd be lucky to even pass at this point". Relax and have a well-deserved rest. Do your best not to think about the scores for the next 3 weeks (almost impossible I know!). Trust your practice scores, you will be pleasantly surprised.
I really hope you're right....I started making a list of questions I possibly got wrong and it just keeps increasing...at this point, I'm thinking I missed almost half the test. I ran out of time on a couple of the blocks....one of the blocks, I answered 8-10 questions without even reading the question...I was alot more composed during my practice tests and making educated guesses...on CK, I was blindly guessing :(

I really hope you're right....I started making a list of questions I possibly got wrong and it just keeps increasing...at this point, I'm thinking I missed almost half the test. I ran out of time on a couple of the blocks....one of the blocks, I answered 8-10 questions without even reading the question...I was alot more composed during my practice tests and making educated guesses...on CK, I was blindly guessing :(
Was there anything you wish you would've looked over again or done as far as prep goes? Did you feel like it was heavy on any subject in particular?

Was there anything you wish you would've looked over again or done as far as prep goes? Did you feel like it was heavy on any subject in particular?
Honesetly, I can't even remember what the questions were like....my friend always ask me how tests were cause I usually have taken them before them but I have the worst recall memory when it comes to tests....I'm not sure what I saw more of, it was a mix of everything....I did Uworld but maybe I just didn't study enough

Hello Y'all,

I'm a UK FMG, graduated in 2012, and currently doing my best to crack the nut that is the US medical system. My aim is Ortho but it's probably a pipe dream. Step 1 score an incredibly average 231. Anyhow...

8 weeks dedicated (ended up being 10). Started off with OME, paid, went through the pre material, lectures and questions to build a solid foundation. Tried to do a block of Uworld a day on tutor mode during this time. I bought MTB and the other book everyone uses but I didn't read either fully. MTB lacked so much info and the other one is just horrible to read.

NBME 6 at week 6 233. Two more weeks of OME.

Sat UWSA, scored 255 on part 1 and 241 on part 2. Decided to push my exam date from 4 days away to 2 weeks away to give myself time to finish uworld. I'd done about 30% at that point with around 65% average.

Smashed uWorld for 2 weeks, completed it and then started working through some of my incorrects.

2 days out - UWSA 1 again (I had bought it over a year ago, long story) scored 274. Took the FRED and got 93.3%. Looking in good shape right?

Took the test 2 days later... aaaaaaaaand....

Fairly certain I bombed it today. Tons of questions were really vague, not comparable to uWorld IMO. There seemed to be a general paucity of information, lots of terms and a quite a few conditions I wasn't familiar with. Tons of public health, modifiable risk factor type questions and best answer q's that I honestly had no idea about. Couldn't even narrow it down to the classic 50-50 situation with most of the tough ones.

Anyway, result comes back in four weeks. Apologies for being a tease (and if you've already read this in the 2018 thread). I'll update you when the score rolls in.

Edit: Ended up getting a 246 in the Step 2 CK. Not what I was hoping for or expecting given my previous results but not too different from the average score of my original UWSA tests. In summary, probably shouldn't have pushed the date.
Step 2 CS I took 2 weeks later and got a fairly solid pass. I would recommend doing more work for it than that though, honestly just to stop yourself from worrying as much. It's pretty straightforward.

Anyway, ECFMG certified! Whoop. It's been a long road. Now roll on step 3.

Last edited:

Tbh there was a lot of material I had never come across before. There were quite a few, WTF questions and I was very rarely 100% sure of my answers. I would say... Know your basics. Know modifiable risk factors. Try to learn which interventions have the biggest effect for your classic case presentations. I.e. Which med is most effective at preventing secondary MI? Which intervention is best for lowering BP? I.e. low salt, exercise, weight loss, etc. There was a LOT of non pharma stuff. I honestly felt like a lot of my knowledge went untested and that they asked me loads of random left-field stuff. Not what I was expecting.

P.S. I sound bitter because I sat it today.

Today is day #1 for me.

Background:
  • US IMG. Graduated from my Internship on 2018. Currently working and doing research on Oncology.
  • Step 1: First pass.
  • Step 2 CS: First pass.
Plan:
  • 8 weeks of dedicated studying
  • Aiming for a 220+
  • UWorld + OME + FA (Step 1)
  • Test date: Last week of March.
Let's do this!

Today is day #1 for me.

Background:
  • US IMG. Graduated from my Internship on 2018. Currently working and doing research on Oncology.
Plan:
  • Aiming for a 220+
Let's do this!

You'll smash it buddy. OME alone will get you over the 220/230. If you haven't sorted your own already, their 8 week revision plan should do you nicely. Best of luck!

Today is day #1 for me.

Background:
Plan:
  • Aiming for a 220+
Let's do this!
Yeah after I finished OME my scores shot up to 230. I don’t think you’ll have a problem with it.

A couple questions for anyone who has recently sat for step 2:
-Opinions on amboss and how well it resembles the real deal compared to uworld?
-Would you encourage a pass through old step 1 notes even if you've covered relevant step 1 information via your step 2 resources?

Progress so far:
-Almost done with first pass of Uworld at 65%
-almost done with OMED
-NMBE 6 - 170 taken three weeks ago
-UWSA1 - 230 taken today
Still have 4 weeks to go. Definitely see where my weaknesses are (renal, endo, and pulm).
Want a 240-250. Will see, fingers crossed

That's a huge jump in your scores! Very nice! It must have been a relief to see that UWSA Score. I'm in the same boat.

Hello Everyone,

CK in 2 weeks.

US IMG - Caribbean.
Graduated 8/18.
Registered and planning to apply for Post-Match Scramble (SOAP) in March, just need CK score.

During the end of my rotations I began studying for CK in May (did average on shelves), full round of OME and annotating the notes into MTB while doing Uworld which took 8 weeks. I was planning on taking it in August but I took a UWSA (180 - WTF?) and decided to prepare for CS (Passed in October) and then resumed studying for CK (also moved home). For now, I'm just hammering through questions, I'm about finished with my 3rd pass of UW, planning on taking another UWSA after I finish with marked/incorrect's and UW flashcards I made.

I'm not shooting for a high score, just a healthy pass... I want to take it in 2 weeks so I can apply in the scramble and start working...

And I know being on SDN only increases anxiety levels but what the hell....

Congrats to those that passed and that you all get your dream residency!!!

Last edited:
That's a huge jump in your scores! Very nice! It must have been a relief to see that UWSA Score. I'm in the same boat.

Hello Everyone,

CK in 2 weeks.

US IMG - Caribbean.
Graduated 8/18.
Registered and planning to apply for Post-Match Scramble (SOAP) in March, just need CK score.

During the end of my rotations I began studying for CK in May (did average on shelves), full round of OME and annotating the notes into MTB while doing Uworld which took 8 weeks. I was planning on taking it in August but I took a UWSA (180 - WTF?) and decided to prepare for CS (Passed in October) and then resumed studying for CK (also moved home). For now, I'm just hammering through questions, I'm about finished with my 3rd pass of UW, planning on taking another UWSA after I finish with marked/incorrect's and UW flashcards I made.

I'm not shooting for a high score, just a healthy pass... I want to take it in 2 weeks so I can apply in the scramble and start working...

And I know being on SDN only increases anxiety levels but what the hell....

Congrats to those that passed and that you all get your dream residency!!!
Definitely did. Amazing what a little Uworld and finishing omed does. First score I was s***ing my pants. Second one I was like we can work with that, got some time to nail my weak areas.

Uworld def seems the most comprehensive for this one. First aid for step two sucks lol.

Honestly seems as if there is more information in uworld for step 2 than its step 1 counterpart had.

Probably just going to do uworld and OME pdfs (I don’t watch vids or like his Qbank) while looking into some of the lesser touched stuff mentioned in uworld on UpToDate. Then using wiwa while adding my own cards on stuff I don’t know.

Step 1 was 270+ just hoping to get within 5 points of that

No books this time around

Hey everyone!

Im a foreign IMG. Originally took ck August 18 and the worst thing possible happened and didnt pass ( and dont think I didnt study, I did, passed all my shelves even honoring some, but usually im a bad test taker even though my grasp of concepts are adequate. I passed step 1 and CS first try)
So imagine studying all over again...

Just got out of the exam today...( imagine also getting out and finding out half hr afterward you grandma pssed rough day today) and just as brutal second time around. Tbh in my opinion not to discourage people but I would have wished i knew upfront I was getting myself into; nbmes and self assessments didnt truly reflect the actual exam. The test itself was not well rounded, very theme qts on same topic so if u didnt know it in block 1 wouldnt know it in block 4,5, 8 etc ... a lot of very sticky ethical qts where in real life i still wouldnt know what to do. And some of those outliers that are just like wtf. The concept of common things are common doesnt apply for this exam.

Ill keep you posted! Pls wish me luck! And let me know what you guys who took it think, and i those studing i used mtb, ome, uworld, secrets over the two exams, let me know if u have qts.

Hey everyone!

Im a foreign IMG. Originally took ck August 18 and the worst thing possible happened and didnt pass ( and dont think I didnt study, I did, passed all my shelves even honoring some, but usually im a bad test taker even though my grasp of concepts are adequate. I passed step 1 and CS first try)

Just got out of the exam today...( imagine also getting out and finding out half hr afterward you grandma pssed rough day today) and just as brutal second time around. Tbh in my opinion not to discourage people but I would have wished i knew upfront I was getting myself into; nbmes and self assessments didnt truly reflect the actual exam. The test itself was not well rounded, very theme qts on same topic so if u didnt know it in block 1 wouldnt know it in block 4,5, 8 etc ... a lot of very sticky ethical qts where in real life i still wouldnt know what to do. And some of those outliers that are just like wtf. The concept of common things are common doesnt apply for this exam.

Ill keep you posted! Pls wish me luck! And let me know what you guys who took it think, and i those studing i used mtb, ome, uworld, secrets over the two exams, let me know if u have qts.
Have any suggestions for resources for the ethic questions?

Have any suggestions for resources for the ethic questions?

Thats a good qt. I felt like Secrets did a pretty good job with the ethics portion. But to be honest each time i took it they came up with genius ones where during the exam you are like are you kidding me. I know its cliche but as long as you are not a drug abusing pt harming person you will be fine.

hey everyone

yesterday I took step 2 ck. It was the worst experience of my life, without a doubt. My backround is: I had 64% uworld 1st time (timed,random), 88% 2nd time (I used anki for my mistakes). My UWSA1 4weeks ago was 250 and my UWSA 2 2 weeks ago was 254. I didn't do any NBME because I regretted it from Step 1. Step 1 was 232

Before the exam I was confident for my preparation, much better than step 1 (better scores in UWSAs, higher results in UW)

So the exam was nothing like I expected. uworld was helpful for about the 40% of qs. The other questions were anything you could imagine. There is no way I could have been prepared for that!

The problem is not only the super difficult questions but the lack of time (in 2 blocks I didn't manage to finish). Also I had some lack of focus and many times I needed to read 3-4 times a question to understand. I am very pessimistic because I think that I missed many easy questions and I don't expect to be the case that everything will be allright...

hey everyone

yesterday I took step 2 ck. It was the worst experience of my life, without a doubt. My backround is: I had 64% uworld 1st time (timed,random), 88% 2nd time (I used anki for my mistakes). My UWSA1 4weeks ago was 250 and my UWSA 2 2 weeks ago was 254. I didn't do any NBME because I regretted it from Step 1. Step 1 was 232

Before the exam I was confident for my preparation, much better than step 1 (better scores in UWSAs, higher results in UW)

So the exam was nothing like I expected. uworld was helpful for about the 40% of qs. The other questions were anything you could imagine. There is no way I could have been prepared for that!

The problem is not only the super difficult questions but the lack of time (in 2 blocks I didn't manage to finish). Also I had some lack of focus and many times I needed to read 3-4 times a question to understand. I am very pessimistic because I think that I missed many easy questions and I don't expect to be the case that everything will be allright...

First congrats on being done!
It was a brutal experience, I took mine monday. I definitely felt like you did give me an extra week or even month I wouldnt have picked those topics that they had on the exam. High yield stuff were like you said only 40% of exam.
I am just keeing fingers crossed that we did enough to pass and take a sigh of relief

Hey everyone!

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience...I'm sure it will go in your favor this time around! I took CK a week ago and am so scared that I will not pass....did you take any self assessments when you took it in August?

IMG here. Took mine on 16th Jan and got the score today.
Step 1: 256
Goal was to match my Step 1 score.

Study period: ~6 months (on and off because my study ethic sucks)
UW non-timed non-random: 87% (skewed because I read UW notes beforehand)
UWSA 1: 270 (2 weeks out)
UWSA 2: 268 (5 days out)
Real deal: 255

I was expecting the drop as I felt I got hammered on the real exam. Nothing like UW, questions felt super vague and had trouble eliminating answer choices in majority of questions.
So, fairly happy I got out relatively unscathed.
Cannot stress the importance of a good night's sleep enough. Make sure you're well-rested for that beast.
Good luck to all those planning to take the exam! Trust your UWSA scores as they will, in most cases, be the most accurate predictors of your performance in the real exam!

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience...I'm sure it will go in your favor this time around! I took CK a week ago and am so scared that I will not pass....did you take any self assessments when you took it in August?

Hi there!! Im wishing you all the best as well. Literally as new becoming doctors I feel we have that bond that we survived this special kind of hell. so worth it though

So i did take self assessments and got i believe 228 and then 236 that time. This time around about 5 months later i dis 250 both times

hey guys,
for those of you who recently took the exam, some question about the TEST DAY

1. Is there any audio listening (heart sounds) in STEP 2 CK exam? (hence using the headphone)
2. According to USMLE website, CK contains 318 Questions. does this mean 1 block will have less than 40Q? (I recall people saying some blocks had less than 40 Q in STEP 1, but I always had exactly 40 Q each block...)
3. Are there any experimental questions in CK? (hence, more than 318 in the real exam day?)
4. Is the screen of the exam SAME format as U World's display? I remember Step 1 being exactly the same as UWorld (white and blue color background, 40 Q shortcut on the left hand rather than a separate pop up page for "review" in NBME practice exam or NBME shelf exams)

Last edited:
1. Definitely use of headphones, i had at least three heart sound qts that I can remember
2. Two blocks have 38 the rest have 40
3. I have no idea about whether there are experimental or not, i sure hope so
4. Yup format is just like uworld so one less thing to be anxious about

On my exam the 2 blocks of 38 had the article based 3 question sets included. Pretty sure thats by design. Make sure to allocate as much time to those as possible.

My exam was very hard and i feel like i got hit by a massive bus. Counted 15 or so wrong so far but im so dazed i can barely remember 10% of the questions.