Official 2019 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiousmind8

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please, limit your posts and questions to only CK exam experience related. It's hard for others to go through so many unrelated posts to finally a post about CK exam.

Thank you very much to all those who share their experience with everyone.

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hey, I called the center today after three attempts to ask the same question about the effect of the delay in reporting on those that are taking the exam in December. I read the update online, but it was a little ambitious regarding how the week of no reporting would affect those that are taking the exam next week, Dec 13 on a Friday. The representative told me it‘s “four weeks from your test day...” and then told me that my score would not be out until Jan 15!!! Would you all please share what date you actually took your exam and when your scores were actually released? Going by her counting, that is literally over a month after I take the exam- almost FIVE weeks later. I know that there are no scores reported the first week of Jan during NYE, but even with the regularlay scheduled reporting resuming Jan 8, why wouldn’t I make it for then?

Hey, I called the center today after three attempts to ask the same question about the effect of the delay in reporting on those that are taking the exam in December. I read the update online, but it was a little ambitious regarding how the week of no reporting would affect those that are taking the exam next week, Dec 13 on a Friday. The representative told me it‘s “four weeks from your test day...” and then told me that my score would not be out until Jan 15!!! Would you all please share what date you actually took your exam and when your scores were actually released? Going by her counting, that is literally over a month after I take the exam- almost FIVE weeks later. I know that there are no scores reported the first week of Jan during NYE, but even with the regularlay scheduled reporting resuming Jan 8, why wouldn’t I make it for then?
I took my step 1, for example, at December 21st, 2018, and got the results on Jan 16, 2019, so it was almost 4 weeks, if i count it right

hey, how was your score ?
Freaking outttttt I think I’m going to get my scores this week
Unfortunately I was planning to take CK in july and used UW2....pretty much bombed it and had to push it to today.

Exam was meh....i felt like i could think things through and confidently answer most of them. Some were out of left field and others were step 1 bullsht that i didnt review. Whatever i just need a pass.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if scores come out on Christmas this year, and if not would it be New Years, or a week later than that?

Never-mind I answered my own question:

"Scores for all USMLE Step examinations will be released as regularly scheduled on Wednesday, December 18, 2019. Scores for all USMLE Step examinations will also be released on Tuesday, December 24, 2019.

Only Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) score reports will be released on Tuesday, December 31, 2019.
All USMLE scores will be released as regularly scheduled on Wednesday, January 8, 2020."

Non- US IMG here
Step 1 score: 247
Step 2 CK score: 245
Very disappointed because I scores 258 and 267 on UWSA 1 and 2
I felt that the exam was hard but still I though that I was going to score a little above my step 1 score

Last edited:
IMG here, just got my score report of 255 in Step 2 CK yesterday.

Did UW twice & OME once.

I put all of my material was on Anki (Including ECGs, Heart sounds, Images, ... literally everything) which was my main learning tool. Only book i was using was Secrets, because i didn't want to waste too much time on books. Most of the learning material was already covered in step 1, and i added information on my decks using UWorld and OME and sometimes Secrets.

UW First pass 65% (I Used it as a learning tool for 1st pass from my step 1 knowledge)
Second pass 89%
I had no time for UWSA and NBMEs in my dedicated period, so i didn't do any.

To be honest, going out from the test, i didn't think i was going to score above the 240s.
I scored 237 in step 1 and it was in the range of score that i was expecting.
So for me, Step 2 was a big surprise!

Goodluck for all.

Last edited:
Greetings to everyone. Got the results of my CK on December 24th. 250
uworld 1st run 84%! 2nd run 93%, Uwsa1 263, uwsa2 262. Unsatisfied with the result, of course, but at least it's a major step up after step 1 of 238

Reactions: 1 user
Took it today. It was awful. So many questions were so vague. I had a terrible testing experience too, some guy kept clearing his throat and distracting me. I asked to be moved to a different room and the place they put me in was even worse, big glass window and people walking by every few seconds totally distracting. I could hear the door to the facility opening every few minutes. I can't believe I paid hundreds of dollars for this BS. Sent an e-mail to NBME, like they are going to care. Overall alot harder/more vague than UWorld or practice tests. Also on the NBME practice tests I always had a couple extra minutes, I felt that the questions stems on the real one were way longer generally and way more extraneous info. Ugh.

Took it today. It was awful. So many questions were so vague. I had a terrible testing experience too, some guy kept clearing his throat and distracting me. I asked to be moved to a different room and the place they put me in was even worse, big glass window and people walking by every few seconds totally distracting. I could hear the door to the facility opening every few minutes. I can't believe I paid hundreds of dollars for this BS. Sent an e-mail to NBME, like they are going to care. Overall alot harder/more vague than UWorld or practice tests. Also on the NBME practice tests I always had a couple extra minutes, I felt that the questions stems on the real one were way longer generally and way more extraneous info. Ugh.
I understand your concerns pal. How were your scores on nbme/uwsa practice tests? i personally didnt take any nbmes since i knew their question stems are too short, unlike UWSA ones. personally for me exam felt a lot more like UWSA, and not even close to NBME. not a single stragihtforward question, if you ask me
and by the way, i had a similar problem dealing with extra noise on my step 1, and then i realized i totally forgot about the noise suppressing headphones. they are totally awesome!!! everyprometric center should have them for every single test taker on every computer

I understand your concerns pal. How were your scores on nbme/uwsa practice tests? i personally didnt take any nbmes since i knew their question stems are too short, unlike UWSA ones. personally for me exam felt a lot more like UWSA, and not even close to NBME. not a single stragihtforward question, if you ask me
and by the way, i had a similar problem dealing with extra noise on my step 1, and then i realized i totally forgot about the noise suppressing headphones. they are totally awesome!!! everyprometric center should have them for every single test taker on every computer

Practice scores were unimpressive. I thought passing was 197 like it was for step 1, but I literally learned after the test that passing is actually 209. I took NBME 7 and UWSA2 both within one week of the exam and on both test I got 216. (Please don't quote this post or actual numbers as I might delete this info later to preserve anonymity). So with borderline passing and a bad test day experience I am really worried. The worst part is I won't be able to retake in time for Rank Lists if I do fail....

So you;re already on the Match 2020, right? hat specialty are you going into? and are you AMG or IMG? and what was step 1 score for you, if that's not a secret?

By permit disappearing, do you mean the link is still there? When I click the link, it comes up with some error message that I have already sat for the exam or something. Is your own experience the same @hopefulgasman ?

Is there a general unspoken rule in terms of what order to take your practice exams? I know for s1, it was important to save nbme 18 till the end, along with uwsa2, and take uwsa1 a few weeks prior to exam date. Is there anything like this with step 2?

Is there a general unspoken rule in terms of what order to take your practice exams? I know for s1, it was important to save nbme 18 till the end, along with uwsa2, and take uwsa1 a few weeks prior to exam date. Is there anything like this with step 2?
Ehh not that I'm aware of. I just took these ones in order.