Saratorius

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
May 18, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Hey Everyone!
I thought I should post my experience.
I would be lying to say I am not extremely disappointed.
Its been a very terrible year for me. I am starting to think whether I am extremely unlucky or just plain stupid. Confidence shattered to pieces.
So I started in November through to March. I used UWorld 2x - did it twice and wrote it out and learned it word for word . 3 weeks prior I took UWSA 1 - scored 247. My goal score was 250+ as I had scored 240 on step 1. Decided to book the exam center. Made Anki flashcards of mistakes and went over that for 3 weeks. I had started MTB at the start but found it contradicting and unhelpful so I only got through half of it.
2 days prior I took UWSA 2 - I got a 252
Exam went a lot like Uworld- didn't do well on the drug monographs
exam result -230
and I have a CS attempt ( Patient note) - I was planning to improve upon that. Worst time of my life. Just finished CS having not closed 2 cases. I hope I can finally leave this nightmare of waiting for test results. - I am an IMG (YOG 2 years and a US citizen)

Reactions: train2

Saratorius

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
May 18, 2014
Status
Medical Student
my friend had a similar experience his scores were uswa1 254 uswa2 252 real deal 220 , exam day performance matters too !
Hey there I got UWSA 1 (247) and UWSA 2 (252) - came out thinking it was alright - ended up with a 230. shocked to say the least. Its very unsettling - I was confident if things went wrong it would be high 30s/low 40s.

SandP

5+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Hi all. Scores for me, to add my data point:

UWSA 1 262
UWSA 2 265
Nbme 247-258
Step 2: 263

Felt crappy after exam counting 8 wrong for sure. Trust your UWSA people!

SynapticDoctah

5+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Taking exam on Monday. Looks like I won’t be able to get through all of UW:

Got about 70% through UW with around 80% correct: tutor, random

UWSA1: 244 (ran out of time on first two blocks and had to guess on 10+ questions

UWSA2 today: 262

Goal is 250+ for Step 2CK

Step 1: 252

Medit8A

2+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Well, just took Step 2 CK yesterday. That was probably one of the hardest if not hardest exams I’ve ever taken. I thought about it and what made it hard for me was that there was almost never an obvious answer choice. I would know what was going on in the stem most of the time but then the first line treatment or labs/study I’d order in real life or from OME was almost never an answer choice. Made me end up thinking “well I guess this would be a kind of logical thing to do?” Ended up guessing on farrrrrrr more than I’d like to admit. I honestly don’t even know how I’d prepare better if I were to take it again. Didn’t feel like UWorld or NBMEs to me.

UW first pass through third year 64.6%
Free 120 81%
UWSA1 244
UWSA2 252
NBME 7 - 235

Step 1 233
Level 1 599

Just hoping I didn’t bomb it at this point, I’ve seen a few others score a lot lower than they hoped given their UW scores. Definitely feeling far from confident and trying to keep the doubt from seeping in. Curious if other have had similar experiences.

Toxin066

2+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2015
St. Louis
Status
Medical Student
Well, just took Step 2 CK yesterday. That was probably one of the hardest if not hardest exams I’ve ever taken. I thought about it and what made it hard for me was that there was almost never an obvious answer choice. I would know what was going on in the stem most of the time but then the first line treatment or labs/study I’d order in real life or from OME was almost never an answer choice. Made me end up thinking “well I guess this would be a kind of logical thing to do?” Ended up guessing on farrrrrrr more than I’d like to admit. I honestly don’t even know how I’d prepare better if I were to take it again. Didn’t feel like UWorld or NBMEs to me.
Similar thoughts. I took it yesterday too. Felt pretty comfortable based on UWORLD and clinical experience, but MAN. That was rough.

Long and hard (that's what she said). Felt like I had an idea of what the question was getting at but when I got to the answer choices I got bopped. Guessed on a metric ton. Left the exam feeling really uneasy about it.

Step 1: 206
Level 1: 545
UW 1st pass: 63.9%

Fingers crossed.

Jun 19, 2018
Similar thoughts. I took it yesterday too. Felt pretty comfortable based on UWORLD and clinical experience, but MAN. That was rough.

Long and hard (that's what she said). Felt like I had an idea of what the question was getting at but when I got to the answer choices I got bopped. Guessed on a metric ton. Left the exam feeling really uneasy about it.

Fingers crossed.
is there any way you would study differently/use other sources after taking the exam?

Toxin066

2+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2015
St. Louis
Status
Medical Student
@train2 To be honest, I don't think I would have prepped differently. The knowledge base was there, based on qbank stuff I felt like my ability to apply the knowledge was there. Might just be step 2 is made to challenge you.

Jun 19, 2018
@train2 To be honest, I don't think I would have prepped differently. The knowledge base was there, based on qbank stuff I felt like my ability to apply the knowledge was there. Might just be step 2 is made to challenge you.
My step 1 score is very similar to ur score. Really trying to kill CK to improve my chances

Toxin066

2+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2015
St. Louis
Status
Medical Student
@train2 I pooped the bed first round. I spent the past year doing what I could to make sure that doesn't happen again. Changed my study habits, my resources, and made better use of my time. I have friends who got similar scores and kind of rolled over and accepted their position on the totem pole. Talked a big game there, and we'll see how the cookie crumbles.

But you know what they say...

...Two little mice fell into a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn’t quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. @train2, you and I are that second mouse.

Jun 19, 2018
@train2 I pooped the bed first round. I spent the past year doing what I could to make sure that doesn't happen again. Changed my study habits, my resources, and made better use of my time. I have friends who got similar scores and kind of rolled over and accepted their position on the totem pole. Talked a big game there, and we'll see how the cookie crumbles.

...Two little mice fell into a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn’t quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. @train2, you and I are that second mouse.
LMAO thanks man we got this!!!

SynapticDoctah

5+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2013
Status
Medical Student

But how can you both be one mouse?

Aug 9, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)

Fingers crossed.
What resources did you use to study? How long did you study for And did you take any assessments? How many times where u able to go over UW?

Did you do any anki am looking into doing it but I don’t know if I will have enough time because i Just heard about it.

Apr 11, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Just took my last practice exam and I am pretty upset/nervous.
nbme6- 239 (4wks ago)
uwsa1- 240( 3 weeks ago)
uwsa2- 234

I really wanted anything above a 240... exam in 4 days. not sure where to go from here. :( uwsa 2 was really hard

TTPpentad

2+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2017
Status
Medical Student

Free 120 81%
UWSA1 244
UWSA2 252
NBME 7 - 235

Step 1 233
Level 1 599

Just hoping I didn’t bomb it at this point, I’ve seen a few others score a lot lower than they hoped given their UW scores. Definitely feeling far from confident and trying to keep the doubt from seeping in. Curious if other have had similar experiences.
Took it today, felt the same, and had very similar practice scores. Should be interesting to see what scores we actually end up with...

Reactions: Medit8A

doctororsomething

2+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Have noticed a lot of people talking about feeling bad after the exam. I did not feel great and I actually got a similar score to my UWSA1. I don’t think anyone feels great after the exam. It is a board exam. It’s tough. Trust your practice scores. Best thing you can do the last few days is relax and look over stats. Going into the exam well rested pays off.

Mar 18, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical

Free 120 81%
UWSA1 244
UWSA2 252
NBME 7 - 235

Step 1 233
Level 1 599

i had the same experience, i just took it Friday and was very hard too , new stuff in treatment plans like recently updated.

Mar 18, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Just took my last practice exam and I am pretty upset/nervous.
nbme6- 239 (4wks ago)
uwsa1- 240( 3 weeks ago)
uwsa2- 234

I really wanted anything above a 240... exam in 4 days. not sure where to go from here. :( uwsa 2 was really hard
you are right, i took uwsa 2 last week and it was very hard with high % of average score, i just got 224 with mean 237

mistafab

2+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Hey ya’ll - I responded to a PM recently about this: If you do not feel happy with the score you got on a practice test, do not take the actual step 2 CK. Your most recent practice test should reflect a score you’d actually be happy with getting.

ciestar

All grown up! MS4!
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Hi all. Scores for me, to add my data point:

UWSA 1 262
UWSA 2 265
Nbme 247-258
Step 2: 263

Felt crappy after exam counting 8 wrong for sure. Trust your UWSA people!
Have noticed a lot of people talking about feeling bad after the exam. I did not feel great and I actually got a similar score to my UWSA1. I don’t think anyone feels great after the exam. It is a board exam. It’s tough. Trust your practice scores. Best thing you can do the last few days is relax and look over stats. Going into the exam well rested pays off.
Agreed. I got the exact same score on UWSA2 as i got on the real thing.

My real regret is not doing giving myself a few days to relax. I really should have but im pleased with the outcome.

ciestar

All grown up! MS4!
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Taking exam on Monday. Looks like I won’t be able to get through all of UW:

Got about 70% through UW with around 80% correct: tutor, random

UWSA1: 244 (ran out of time on first two blocks and had to guess on 10+ questions

UWSA2 today: 262

Goal is 250+ for Step 2CK

Step 1: 252
I didnt finish UWorld either. I had around 78% correct on it.

Your UWSA are higher than mine and i got a 245. You’ll be fine.

Jun 22, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I took the exam last friday (6/21). feel similar to @Medit8A & @Toxin066

>50% : questions gave me vague feeling. many times when I read the stem I think I know the answer but then there's no choice for what I thought. and end up guessing between 2-3 choices.
less than half that I think I know the answer
and about 5% : wtf and blind guessing

the exam are long and exhausting. I got blurred and lost focus many times and feel terrible because the thought of failing the exam came into my head many times during the exam. I think I messed it up big time. TT

the only good thing that I can think of is I managed to read and answer all the questions on time.

now I'm so scared that I will fail. I will be happy with any score at this point.

Teioh

2+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Thanks for all the great advice on here, especially from seasoned test takers with good score outcomes who've been looking out for other people. I decided to push my test back and am glad I did, but this means the grind is gonna continue into my first sub-i (gonna suck, but obviously necessary). Does anyone have any advice on which tests to take next? I've already exhausted UWSA1, UWSA2, and NBME 6. I'm hoping to take one practice test a week for the next 2-4 weeks before the real deal.

Any idea on how to interpret NBME 7 or 8 in terms of the score that indicates I'm ready since I already burned UWSA2 (shooting for just avg, so 240 would be nice).

doctororsomething

2+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Thanks for all the great advice on here, especially from seasoned test takers with good score outcomes who've been looking out for other people. I decided to push my test back and am glad I did, but this means the grind is gonna continue into my first sub-i (gonna suck, but obviously necessary). Does anyone have any advice on which tests to take next? I've already exhausted UWSA1, UWSA2, and NBME 6. I'm hoping to take one practice test a week for the next 2-4 weeks before the real deal.

Any idea on how to interpret NBME 7 or 8 in terms of the score that indicates I'm ready since I already burned UWSA2 (shooting for just avg, so 240 would be nice).
NBME 7 will under predict pretty substantially. I would take NBME 8 closest to your test date. The UWSA are the most accurate but you already used them. How far were your practice test scores from your goal that you held off taking the test?

NotYou20

5+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2012
Status
Medical Student

Free 120 81%
UWSA1 244
UWSA2 252
NBME 7 - 235

Step 1 233
Level 1 599

I had the exact same experience. Before getting to the answer choices I felt confident then looked at them and was like wtf. I had a few minutes left after most blocks so I started looking at random unmarked questions. For the most part it looked like I chose a reasonable answer and felt a bit more confident by doing this. Still feel bad about it. I thought level 2 was more straightforward despite the mountain of ethics and legal questions so good luck on that if you haven't taken it yet!

PC89

2+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Will make a writeup after I take my exam in 3 days:
Step 1: 240
UWSA1 (4 weeks out): 254
NBME7 (3 weeks out): 243
NBME6 (2 weeks out): 259
UWSA2 (1 week out): 261
NBME8 (4 days out): 269

Hopefully the test goes well, no clue if its close to UWorld or NBME but we'll see. I did all the subject specific NBME exams during dedicated and finished 1.8x UWorld with incorrects throughout the year along with WiWa fully matured.

AspiringDocforlife

2+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I took the exam last friday (6/21). feel similar to @Medit8A & @Toxin066

>50% : questions gave me vague feeling. many times when I read the stem I think I know the answer but then there's no choice for what I thought. and end up guessing between 2-3 choices.
less than half that I think I know the answer
and about 5% : wtf and blind guessing

the exam are long and exhausting. I got blurred and lost focus many times and feel terrible because the thought of failing the exam came into my head many times during the exam. I think I messed it up big time. TT

the only good thing that I can think of is I managed to read and answer all the questions on time.

now I'm so scared that I will fail. I will be happy with any score at this point.
Completely agree.. I took it last week and am wondering what the consequences of failing step 2 are now.... Not only did a lot of questions leave you with a few good options, the test left you with hardly any extra time to think through them. And some of the stats/epi questions were a little rough. All in all, I feel pretty terrible after that exam and honestly would be pleased with just passing. It does make me feel a little better knowing others feel the same way though.

Step 1: 233
Level 1: 685
UWS1: 241, UWS2 230
NBME 6 241, NBME 7 218, NBME 8 224

NotaCop

2+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Completely agree.. I took it last week and am wondering what the consequences of failing step 2 are now.... Not only did a lot of questions leave you with a few good options, the test left you with hardly any extra time to think through them. And some of the stats/epi questions were a little rough. All in all, I feel pretty terrible after that exam and honestly would be pleased with just passing. It does make me feel a little better knowing others feel the same way though.

Step 1: 233
Level 1: 685
UWS1: 241, UWS2 230
NBME 6 241, NBME 7 218, NBME 8 224
Your step1 and CK practice scores are similar to mine. I think we are in good shape man! Hang in there and put it out of mind until scores come out. We got this

Reactions: AspiringDocforlife

Doctor_Wonderboy

2+ Year Member
May 31, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Well i quite obviously did not do well on NBME 6... I mean I guess thats not true, I got 90% correct but because people clearly study the quizlet and anki decks and then take it, the scores are super inflated. I felt like Step2 was comparable to UWSA and the shelf exams. I would say I felt like Step2 was way more like the shelf exams than step 1 was. hope that helps
How do you know what our percentage correct is? Did you just go through and calculate?

Jun 24, 2019
Status
Medical Student
So, as a write up for my step 2 ck experience, I realize this is not exactly the norm. For any students such as myself that had an average or less than stellar step 1, hopefully this'll give you some hope. I didn't take much of a real dedicated period. For the last two months I did maybe 30-80 uworld questions a day as time allowed. I ultimately finished only about 2/3 of uworld at around 68-71% from starting to finishing. I did review some OME during the course, but honestly I felt overwhelmed by resources and reverted to just uworld only. I was just so burn out on third year and ready to be done. Most of my shelves were close to honors but didn't actually make honors til the last one that was IM. Also the COMATs are awful, can't be said enough.

So step 1: 228, not the greatest, could have been worse. Realize this is at least 10 points lower than my lowest practice exam. Talk about getting blindsided.

NBME 7: 233, around 6 weeks out
UWSA 1: 258, a week before the test
UWSA 2: 240, two days before test (kinda rushed, nochalant)

Day of the test, I didn't realize there was an entire extra section as compared to step 1. I am a fast tester and still finished 2 hours early but still, talk about exhausting. The test itself was straightforward which I appreciated. Like UW without too too much critical thinking. I didn't feel great leaving the test. It really could have gone either way.

Final result, 255 Step 2 ck!

And for any DO students reading: 590s comlex 1 and 610s comlex 2. Studied OMM literally the night before on both. It was fine and read like a cleaner version of the COMATs.

Aug 15, 2018
So, as a write up for my step 2 ck experience, I realize this is not exactly the norm. For any students such as myself that had an average or less than stellar step 1, hopefully this'll give you some hope. I didn't take much of a real dedicated period. For the last two months I did maybe 30-80 uworld questions a day as time allowed. I ultimately finished only about 2/3 of uworld at around 68-71% from starting to finishing. I did review some OME during the course, but honestly I felt overwhelmed by resources and reverted to just uworld only. I was just so burn out on third year and ready to be done. Most of my shelves were close to honors but didn't actually make honors til the last one that was IM. Also the COMATs are awful, can't be said enough.

So step 1: 228, not the greatest, could have been worse. Realize this is at least 10 points lower than my lowest practice exam. Talk about getting blindsided.

Day of the test, I didn't realize there was an entire extra section as compared to step 1. I am a fast tester and still finished 2 hours early but still, talk about exhausting. The test itself was straightforward which I appreciated. Like UW without too too much critical thinking. I didn't feel great leaving the test. It really could have gone either way.

And for any DO students reading: 590s comlex 1 and 610s comlex 2. Studied OMM literally the night before on both. It was fine and read like a cleaner version of the COMATs.
congrats. which specialty are you going into

Jun 19, 2018

congrats brah! for shelf exams did u just study uw/ome? also anything else you would do differently after taking the exam? thanks

SynapticDoctah

5+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Just got home from Step 2CK. Wow, that was rough.

Probably could have marked 75% of the exam if I was going off of “I am not sure about this answer”.

Ethics questions were impossible and literally stuff I’ve never seen or heard of.

Stats was straightforward(I think).

Felt like the questions were either, I know this is disease X, and you usually treat it with x, y and z. Then when you look at the answers, you see none of the answers I know.

OR

Ask a question, and say which is the next best step when I feel like I’ve never had to differentiate between these two steps before.

Overall, question length wasn’t too bad (about the same as UW). Questions were way harder than UWSA just because of vagueness.

Step 1:252

CK UWSA1: 244
CK UWSA2: 262
UW% (70% compete): 80%

Step 2CK: praying 250+, but ATM not feeling it.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019
Status
Medical Student
congrats. which specialty are you going into
Em!

congrats brah! for shelf exams did u just study uw/ome? also anything else you would do differently after taking the exam? thanks
For shelves at the first half of the year I tried ome and first aid and realized I made the same no matter how much I study because of the way they’re written lol. I think Uworld helped a lot for the IM shelf though. YMMV. Things I personally would have done different would be to actually complete Uworld. I would have liked to have also tried sketchy but it seemed a bit overkill for certain topics

Jan 27, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Sooo, I took CK yesterday. very rough experience. I felt way more confident walking out of Step 1 than Step 2. Im just putting this post out there just incase some one needed further confirmation that it was a very vague and frustrating test.

As previous comments have stated:
I could have marked well over half that test
Either the questions stems were vague or the answer choices were vague
questions stems were relatively short, similar to Uworld questions but ALOT more vague

I burned through online meded 3-4 different times, I used this along with Uworld as my main sources for studying. I would say that both those sources covered maybe 70%-80% of what was asked on my version of the exam. The other ~30% of material was either on something I had never heard of or a certain diagnostic step that I had no idea about.

I am already preparing a drop from my Step 1 score, hopefully not a big drop. good news is its is over, now i wait like 2 MONTHS for my results to come back :mad:

I hope this comforts anybody that felt like the test was a **** show. youre not alone!

quick background:

Step 1 - 257
NBME 6 - 241 (1.5 months out)
NBME 7 - 252 ( 3 weeks out)
NBME 8 - 258 (2 weeks out)
UWSA1 - 264 (1 month out)
UWSA2 - 246 ( 1 week out, kind of freaked me out)
Free 120 - 84%

Jun 19, 2018
Sooo, I took CK yesterday. very rough experience. I felt way more confident walking out of Step 1 than Step 2. Im just putting this post out there just incase some one needed further confirmation that it was a very vague and frustrating test.

As previous comments have stated:
I could have marked well over half that test
Either the questions stems were vague or the answer choices were vague
questions stems were relatively short, similar to Uworld questions but ALOT more vague

I burned through online meded 3-4 different times, I used this along with Uworld as my main sources for studying. I would say that both those sources covered maybe 70%-80% of what was asked on my version of the exam. The other ~30% of material was either on something I had never heard of or a certain diagnostic step that I had no idea about.

I am already preparing a drop from my Step 1 score, hopefully not a big drop. good news is its is over, now i wait like 2 MONTHS for my results to come back :mad:

I hope this comforts anybody that felt like the test was a **** show. youre not alone!

quick background:

Step 1 - 257
NBME 6 - 241 (1.5 months out)
NBME 7 - 252 ( 3 weeks out)
NBME 8 - 258 (2 weeks out)
UWSA1 - 264 (1 month out)
UWSA2 - 246 ( 1 week out, kind of freaked me out)
Free 120 - 84%
keep ur head up. as others have stated trust ur self assessments!! u got this

Reactions: IVpropranolol
Jan 27, 2019
Status
Medical Student
anything u would do differently after seeing the exam? UW still remain king of ck?
i got through UW 1.5 times. I really wish I hit it hard earlier and was able to get two full passes. im learn more with videos so OME i thought was good. Maybe Step Up to Step 2? I heard it was a pretty good source to read through the last couple of weeks before the exam, though I never used it. I wish I knew of a source that was a little bit more in depth with biostats.

If you get to a question where you are stuck, just go through process of elimination on the answer choices. dont be afraid to pick an answer that youve never heard of as long as you were able to pretty confidently eliminate the other answer choices

Jun 19, 2018
i got through UW 1.5 times. I really wish I hit it hard earlier and was able to get two full passes. im learn more with videos so OME i thought was good. Maybe Step Up to Step 2? I heard it was a pretty good source to read through the last couple of weeks before the exam, though I never used it. I wish I knew of a source that was a little bit more in depth with biostats.

If you get to a question where you are stuck, just go through process of elimination on the answer choices. dont be afraid to pick an answer that youve never heard of as long as you were able to pretty confidently eliminate the other answer choices
Thanks! will def try to hit uw harder. I prefer videos as well but choke on questions

Reactions: IVpropranolol
Jan 27, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Thanks! will def try to hit uw harder. I prefer videos as well but choke on questions

I hear ya. it is hard to translate all the information into answering questions. the way NBME words the questions/answers gets really confusing. But you got this, keep grinding through everything and get past it. youll feel (sort of) better once youre done

Mar 14, 2019
Status
Medical Student
From Canada, took CK a few weeks after our MCCQE Part 1 exam (where I got >90th percentile with the same studying).

UWSA1 - 265
UWSA2 - 265
STEP2CK - 250

Meh, significantly overpredicted but I'll take it... Only did UWorld (1.5 passes, 1st pass 50th %ile, 2nd pass 80th %ile)
No NBMEs
Haven't taken Step 1

It was a damn hard and long test. Wayy harder than the Canadian equivalent.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019
Status
Medical Student
From Canada, took CK a few weeks after our MCCQE Part 1 exam (where I got >90th percentile with the same studying).

UWSA1 - 265
UWSA2 - 265
STEP2CK - 250

Meh, significantly underpredicted but I'll take it... Only did UWorld (1.5 passes, 1st pass 50th %ile, 2nd pass 80th %ile)
No NBMEs
Haven't taken Step 1

It was a damn hard and long test. Wayy harder than the Canadian equivalent.
still a great score! congrats on being done

Reactions: canadapath

The Knife & Gun Club

MS - 4
2+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hollywood Upstairs Medical College
Status
Medical Student
So I’ve got the test Friday. Originally planned to move it but my test scores are good so I guess I’m gonna go for it?

Step 1: 240s

NBME 6 (Baseline 3wks out) 228
UW 1 (2 wks out): 248
NBME 8 (10 days): 245
UW2 (5 days): 252
NBME 7 (2 days): 252

Only thing that worries me is I’ve only done about 1/3 of UW qbank, and about half of that was studying for shelves. Average %66, which is pretty bad.

I’m not trying to blow anyone away with step 2, just hoping to get close to my step 1. You guys think it’s unwise to just go for it given how little of UW I’ve done?

DNC127

Im just here so I don't get fined.
2+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2015
The Mountains
Status
Medical Student
Took it today.

UWSA 1: 248
UWSA 2: 252

Thing was a beast. I didn't believe the people on here. Super vague. Lots of 50/50 questions. I still think I did fine. If I had to guess I would say 235-245. Who knows tho.

My biggest impression of the test was: The better your clinical experience you had in med school the better you will do. I did UW 1.5x (and comquest) and the majority of the test I would say was not similar questions topic wise. Uworld hammers on endocrine disorder and differentiating them, obstetrical complications, etc) and I didn't have any of that. It was just weird, and the better your clinical judgment the better you will do. This is not a memorize all the high yield algorithms and you will be fine test.

Summary: It was vague and tough, but not the worst thing I have ever done. I wish I would have taken it a month or so ago cause memorizing Uworld really wasn't way high of a return aside from teaching you how to have "clinical" judgement in the sense of answering questions.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: njtrimed

med candidate

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
May 7, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Took the test today. First off a personal pet peeve about sdn... 99 percent of the posters have practice test scores >250. Unless people are lying or have seen the questions before hand, this sounds pretty unbelievable. Esp given that the mean avg for the test is 240.
Now getting to my personal experience, I honestly felt pretty good. 2 passes of uworld seemed to be enough. It felt like I had seen 75% of the test in one form of another. Now that could be good or bad. Perhaps the form was easy and the curve will really suck. Or maybe I did ok. I guess we’ll find out in 3 weeks. But i def felt a lot better walking out today than last year after the step 1. My scores:
Step 1: 226: somewhat disappointing but my form felt pretty ridiculous
COMAT: 581...literally slept thru it...don’t know how
UWSA1 Baseline before studying: 220
Nbme 6: 3 weeks ago: 222; sounded like a BS score given I got 75-80% of them right
Free 120: 80%
UWSA 2 one day ago: 247
Fingers crossed, I’ll post an update if it goes well...lol

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019
Got my score last week.

UWorld first pass: 79%
UWSA 1 (1 week out): 281
UWSA 2 (4 days out): 273
Didn’t take any NBMEs

Real deal: 277

Resources: UWorld alone
Study duration: ~2 months part-time

Background:
Non-US IMG currently in the military. Managed to squeeze in a few hours every evening
Feel free to ask me anything! Hope to help answer some questions, especially for IMGs who are generally less familiar with the US curriculum