**Official 2020 Dental Anesthesiology PASS/Interviews/Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Healthfair

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't see one yet, so time to get this thread started! Hello fellow applicants.

Members don't see this ad.

Do they send invites before the application deadlines?

U of Pittsburgh interview on 10/18, contacted by email on Sept 12th. Best of luck to everyone.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone! Based on last year timeline, we should hear back for interviews this week!!! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Reactions: 1 user
1. Stony Brook University (e-mail 09/17) — interview on October 24

Has anyone heard from the Chicago program?

2. Jacobi (email 09/18) - interview dates on Oct 24 and Oct 25
3. NYU (phone 09/19) - interview dates on Oct 28 and Oct 29

Reactions: 1 users
Illinois Masonic medical center - email 9/25 for interview on Wednesday 10/23.

Does anyone know if there are any unfilled positions for post match 2020?

Can anyone talk about this to future applicants:
- average GPA
-is GPR recommended?
-type of experience that the programs are looking for
-how is the work life of a dental anesthesioligist if you know about this

Can anyone talk about this to future applicants:
- average GPA
-is GPR recommended?
-type of experience that the programs are looking for
-how is the work life of a dental anesthesioligist if you know about this
1) Class rank in at least top 50% of class (grades aren't everything, but it certainly helps to be ranked highly).
2) I personally don't think a GPR will help or hurt that much, it's better than nothing of course, and it at least gives you a glimpse of hospital life. If you want to spend a year doing the single best thing possible to match into an anesthesia residency, do the 1-year Indiana dental anesthesia "fellowship." Hands down the best use of a year to boost your CV.
3) Externships at as many programs as possible, especially the ones you want to go to; this is very important. Can also shadow some private practice DAs to see what the real world is like (because I don't think most people know what DAs actually do).
4) The work like of a DA is fantastic in my opinion. Of course I'm biased and everyone will have their own opinion, but I truly believe it's a hidden gem in dentistry (assuming you think general anesthesia is cool lol).

For anyone who is attending a NY residency, but who may work outside of NY after residency.... did you take a national clinical board exam (CITA, SRTA, etc.)?

NY does not require a clinical board exam, but I am wondering if we need to change our dental state licensure (post residency) if we move ... or will we solely operate under a DA license?

It would be great to save a few thousand dollars by not taking one of these exams, but definitely not worth it if I'd need to take it in the future if I decide to change states. Any help would be appreciated. I cannot find the answer anywhere...