You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official 2020 Dental Anesthesiology PASS/Interviews/Match**
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do they send invites before the application deadlines?
U of Pittsburgh interview on 10/18, contacted by email on Sept 12th. Best of luck to everyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! Good luck.U of Pittsburgh interview on 10/18, contacted by email on Sept 12th. Best of luck to everyone.
Loveanesthesia
New Member
Good luck to everyone! Based on last year timeline, we should hear back for interviews this week!!! Keeping my fingers crossed.
Loveanesthesia
New Member
1. Stony Brook University (email 09/17) - interview date Oct 25
1. Stony Brook University (e-mail 09/17) — interview on October 24
Loveanesthesia
New Member
2. Jacobi (email 09/18) - interview dates on Oct 24 and Oct 25
3. NYU (phone 09/19) - interview dates on Oct 28 and Oct 29
3. NYU (phone 09/19) - interview dates on Oct 28 and Oct 29
Loveanesthesia
New Member
Chicago-email sent 09/24- interview 10/24Ohio State or Chicago, anyone?
Illinois Masonic medical center - email 9/25 for interview on Wednesday 10/23.
2. Ohio (e-mail 9/24) — interview on October 21
Congrats!2. Ohio (e-mail 9/24) — interview on October 21
Thanks! Same to you!Congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted721052
anyone knows about post-match position?
Does anyone know if there are any unfilled positions for post match 2020?
1) Class rank in at least top 50% of class (grades aren't everything, but it certainly helps to be ranked highly).Can anyone talk about this to future applicants:
- average GPA
-is GPR recommended?
-type of experience that the programs are looking for
-how is the work life of a dental anesthesioligist if you know about this
2) I personally don't think a GPR will help or hurt that much, it's better than nothing of course, and it at least gives you a glimpse of hospital life. If you want to spend a year doing the single best thing possible to match into an anesthesia residency, do the 1-year Indiana dental anesthesia "fellowship." Hands down the best use of a year to boost your CV.
3) Externships at as many programs as possible, especially the ones you want to go to; this is very important. Can also shadow some private practice DAs to see what the real world is like (because I don't think most people know what DAs actually do).
4) The work like of a DA is fantastic in my opinion. Of course I'm biased and everyone will have their own opinion, but I truly believe it's a hidden gem in dentistry (assuming you think general anesthesia is cool lol).
For anyone who is attending a NY residency, but who may work outside of NY after residency.... did you take a national clinical board exam (CITA, SRTA, etc.)?
NY does not require a clinical board exam, but I am wondering if we need to change our dental state licensure (post residency) if we move ... or will we solely operate under a DA license?
It would be great to save a few thousand dollars by not taking one of these exams, but definitely not worth it if I'd need to take it in the future if I decide to change states. Any help would be appreciated. I cannot find the answer anywhere...
NY does not require a clinical board exam, but I am wondering if we need to change our dental state licensure (post residency) if we move ... or will we solely operate under a DA license?
It would be great to save a few thousand dollars by not taking one of these exams, but definitely not worth it if I'd need to take it in the future if I decide to change states. Any help would be appreciated. I cannot find the answer anywhere...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 50
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 87
- Views
- 29K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 82
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 363
- Views
- 168K