You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step II Official 2020 Step 2 CK Experiences With Scores Thread
Started by libertyyne
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Solidarity my friend, I’m telling ya; at the very least this is not the typical SDN reaction thread for a score release. Maybe the people from 6/22 who crushed are just not commenting.I received my score yesterday. 250s on all NBMEs and UWSA 1 & 2. Step 2 CK = 228. Not sure what happened.
I’ll say another quick thing, my report is across the board higher than my step 1. On Step 1 I had a couple of “Lower” performance Sections and zero “higher” sections. This time I have no “lower” sections and 2 more “higher” sections than Step 1, but my percentile is still lower and the numeric score is only a couple points higher. That just doesn’t seem normal to me.
^wow. My step 2 is scheduled for late September and I was worried if I’ll get the scores in by October 21st. Might just push it back further if it’s gon b like that 

Oh wow, sorry to hear that. Did you take the test on on 06/22 as well?I received my score yesterday. 250s on all NBMEs and UWSA 1 & 2. Step 2 CK = 228. Not sure what happened.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh wow, sorry to hear that. Did you take the test on on 06/22 as well?
I took it on 6/24.
Oh ok, thanks.I took it on 6/24.
I've been in a pretty deep funk over getting my 232 score back last week.
Pretty sure i've gained 4-5 pounds due to ice cream consumption... Anyone wanna write me a statin order?
Pretty sure i've gained 4-5 pounds due to ice cream consumption... Anyone wanna write me a statin order?
According to the NBME I’m probably not competent enough. Or I wouldn’t know when to appropriately prescribe if you came in after hours and demanded to be seen, but it’s your first time requesting and I may or may not be attracted to you and you may or may not be offering a relatively low-cost gift as a way to say thank you. Especially if your mother is there and says you’re not mentally with it, but your best friend says you’re fine.I've been in a pretty deep funk over getting my 232 score back last week.
Pretty sure i've gained 4-5 pounds due to ice cream consumption... Anyone wanna write me a statin order?
According to the NBME I’m probably not competent enough. Or I wouldn’t know when to appropriately prescribe if you came in after hours and demanded to be seen, but it’s your first time requesting and I may or may not be attracted to you and you may or may not be offering a relatively low-cost gift as a way to say thank you. Especially if your mother is there and says you’re not mentally with it, but your best friend says you’re fine.
LOL
I demand 30 20mg atorvastatin pills. In return i shall give you a potted plant, which i have named Gimple. And i can without a doubt confirm that i am not mentally with it.
islandmedz
New Member
I normally just lurk on these forums but all the low scores, it has me nervous now. I did a quick google search and was wondering if this notice from USMLE last September may have anything to do with it (probably not but found it interesting):
Most Step 1 and Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) scores are reported within four weeks of testing. However, because of necessary annual modifications to the test item pools, delays occur for examinees who test at certain times of the year.
The United States Medical Licensing Examination® (USMLE®) has announced that examinees testing during the following dates may experience delays in score reporting:
Most Step 1 and Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) scores are reported within four weeks of testing. However, because of necessary annual modifications to the test item pools, delays occur for examinees who test at certain times of the year.
The United States Medical Licensing Examination® (USMLE®) has announced that examinees testing during the following dates may experience delays in score reporting:
- Step 1 examinees testing early May through early July 2020 – more specific information will be posted January 2020
- Step 2 CK examinees testing late June through late August 2020 – more specific information will be posted March 2020
Catching up on this thread and appears I might be an anomaly in Wednesday's score release.
Tested 6/24 with COMLEX a week prior.
Step 2 - 266
Step 1 - 243
NBME 7 - 231 (~5 weeks out)
UWSA 1 - 260 (~10 days out)
UWSA 2 - 259 (3 days out)
Free 120 - 86% (day before)
I took NBME 6 and 8 off line, so don't have scores, but were in the mid-80%
NBME shelf exams were 84-91% raw except for IM (first rotation) which was 77%
Study strategy - UWorld + OME + Divine (found him late, started using him ~3 weeks before)
Tested 6/24 with COMLEX a week prior.
Step 2 - 266
Step 1 - 243
NBME 7 - 231 (~5 weeks out)
UWSA 1 - 260 (~10 days out)
UWSA 2 - 259 (3 days out)
Free 120 - 86% (day before)
I took NBME 6 and 8 off line, so don't have scores, but were in the mid-80%
NBME shelf exams were 84-91% raw except for IM (first rotation) which was 77%
Study strategy - UWorld + OME + Divine (found him late, started using him ~3 weeks before)
I normally just lurk on these forums but all the low scores, it has me nervous now. I did a quick google search and was wondering if this notice from USMLE last September may have anything to do with it (probably not but found it interesting):
Most Step 1 and Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) scores are reported within four weeks of testing. However, because of necessary annual modifications to the test item pools, delays occur for examinees who test at certain times of the year.
The United States Medical Licensing Examination® (USMLE®) has announced that examinees testing during the following dates may experience delays in score reporting:
- Step 1 examinees testing early May through early July 2020 – more specific information will be posted January 2020
- Step 2 CK examinees testing late June through late August 2020 – more specific information will be posted March 2020
If I'm not mistaken, I think this happens every year because they want to get data from a large cohort of testers before they release scores. The NBOME does the same thing for COMLEX.
According to the NBME I’m probably not competent enough. Or I wouldn’t know when to appropriately prescribe if you came in after hours and demanded to be seen, but it’s your first time requesting and I may or may not be attracted to you and you may or may not be offering a relatively low-cost gift as a way to say thank you. Especially if your mother is there and says you’re not mentally with it, but your best friend says you’re fine.
Is it just me or does it seem like the real medicine on these tests is being watered down with all these ethics/law/random questions? These are the worst parts of COMLEX Level 2CE and surprisingly the NBME seems to be copying the NBOME for once. Also, I really feel bad for the classes below us who will have a large part of their residency application based on this test.
The medicine on my test was WTF 4th order questions literally nothing like the NBMEs and much more convoluted than most of Uworld.Is it just me or does it seem like the real medicine on these tests is being watered down with all these ethics/law/random questions? These are the worst parts of COMLEX Level 2CE and surprisingly the NBME seems to be copying the NBOME for once. Also, I really feel bad for the classes below us who will have a large part of their residency application based on this test.
I think Uworld inflated me because I did a hardcore path review to try a fill my gaps from Step 1 and Uworld IM is like half the bank and contains tons and tons of step 1 path. So I would blast those questions and get 80’s on my blocks, when apparently I wasn’t prepared for the truck load of EM/Ekg stuff I ran into on the real deal.
Took the beast today. Just hoping for a decent score
Mostly next step stuff, very little diagnosis stuff. I mean, I’m complaining but I felt better walking out than I did on Step 1 but I only came up 6 points - went down in percentile. I also mentioned that my performance report is across the board higher than my step 1, but my score doesn’t reflect it. My point is I don’t think I would have prepped much different. All of my practice scores were 10-19 points higher than my real score. It sucks, but prep method shouldn’t change just because I or anyone else here under performed.I'm officially terrified. Were most of the questions about next step in management, treatment etc. Or was it more like "What is the diagnosis" like 90% of the questions in UWORLD.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is exactly how I felt and I took my exam yesterday. I hope I have the same luck you did.Took the beast today. It sucked, straight up. I marked more than half of each block, although I am a very liberal flagger. So many weirdly worded presentations and answer choices. Essentially was able to get things down to 2 and then guess between them. Only 1-2 true gimmies. 5-8 per block I was confident in first time looking at the question. I don’t feel good about it.
Same I'm literally so terrified.Took the beast today. Just hoping for a decent score
Yesterday, when taking my Step 2, when I was approximately 85% of the way through the exam there was a Power Outage at the Prometric Site in Troy, MI and I was not able to finish the exam. Can anyone who has had a similar experience tell me how NBME was at handling this? I did notify NBME on Friday and was assigned a case number.
Does the print permit tab normally disappear that Sunday before you get your grade back or Monday?
Sweet Jesus, I'm so sorry 🙁Yesterday, when taking my Step 2, when I was approximately 85% of the way through the exam there was a Power Outage at the Prometric Site in Troy, MI and I was not able to finish the exam. Can anyone who has had a similar experience tell me how NBME was at handling this? I did notify NBME on Friday and was assigned a case number.
I was under my predicted by close to 10 too. Only a tiny increase from step 1. Hopefully doesn’t bite me too badMy classmate who is not on SDN had a 232 UW2 a couple days before and got back a 217 yesterday. So far in my circle those of us who got scores yesterday all got rocked.
I mean of course trust your scores, but this has been ugly for us.
Porky_Pork_Chop_05
New Member
...wow what happened this week. Usually everyone has been +/- 5 from UWSA, I'm concerned for my test next week. Not sure what else to do besides hope for the best but keep my expectations low
Gotta be honest I felt pretty good when I left the exam. So I mean it’s a ****show. Without the last 2.5 months of rotations I definitely lost key connections of the material...wow what happened this week. Usually everyone has been +/- 5 from UWSA, I'm concerned for my test next week. Not sure what else to do besides hope for the best but keep my expectations low
Yeah I was the same for the most part. I thought it was hard, but I felt MUCH better than after step 1, but my percentile dropped.Gotta be honest I felt pretty good when I left the exam. So I mean it’s a ****show. Without the last 2.5 months of rotations I definitely lost key connections of the material
I was really concerned with the streak of lower than practice scores in the last and finally mustered courage to check my score that came out last Wednesday as well and I am quite happy with it.
UWSA1 - 244( 2 weeks out)
UWSA2 -253 (1 week out)
Step 2 - 260
UWSA1 - 244( 2 weeks out)
UWSA2 -253 (1 week out)
Step 2 - 260
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Very sorry to hear that, should the test site not be prepared to handle such a situation and be able to tell you more on how it might be handled ?Yesterday, when taking my Step 2, when I was approximately 85% of the way through the exam there was a Power Outage at the Prometric Site in Troy, MI and I was not able to finish the exam. Can anyone who has had a similar experience tell me how NBME was at handling this? I did notify NBME on Friday and was assigned a case number.
Prometric was not able to provide any information at the corporate or test site so far.Very sorry to hear that, should the test site not be prepared to handle such a situation and be able to tell you more on how it might be handled ?
Reset UW and reset dorian today...time to get to work. Taking the exam after my medicine and em rotations the next 2 months. Hoping to go for the slow and steady approach so I don’t need to take a long dedicated since this exam may not matter for my app.
Step 1 245-255 (underperformed practice by 10-15 pts)
Shelves 85-99%iles
Haven’t taken peds/obgyn since those were canceled Lol
Step 1 245-255 (underperformed practice by 10-15 pts)
Shelves 85-99%iles
Haven’t taken peds/obgyn since those were canceled Lol
You’ll be fine. I underperformed cuz my test got cancelled 4 times in 3 different states haha it was exhausting. On top of that all my rotations got cancelled and I had to scramble to get a rotation in my specialty (hadn’t done it third year)Anddd after reading this im officially freaking the **** out lmao
Hoping residencies realize that trying to study while all that is going on is just a bit of extenuating circumstances! I’m just happy I still went up from my Step 1, even if it wasn’t what I expected
Between this and my recent block performances, Im thinking maybe Ill just do Level II? Going into FM
Do it. Comlex II is a breeze.Between this and my recent block performances, Im thinking maybe Ill just do Level II? Going into FM
22x which I think is above average for FMDepends, how was your step 1 and what field are you going into?
I know there's suppose to be content changes to the exam by Sept 1 so there may be a reporting delay. But I'm not sure tbh.if our exam is in september will there be a 6-8 week delay?
Took the beast yesterday. Thought it was tough but fair. It felt like a super long uworld Block and some tqs were verbatim from uworld. Time to cram OMM for comlex on Friday now....
D
deleted1038938
Our dean said he thought they'd delay those changes because of how messed up this cycle has been 🙁 dangit. Hopefully no.I know there's suppose to be content changes to the exam by Sept 1 so there may be a reporting delay. But I'm not sure tbh.
Do it. Comlex II is a breeze.
Yea. A breeze from an elephant fart.
So I did underperform but thank the good lord my Step score didn't decrease from Step 1.
Step 1: 243
--------
UW% = 73% (1 Pass)
UWSA1 = 255 (3 weeks out)
UWSA2 = 254 (4 days out)
NBME 7 = 226 (4 weeks out)
NBME 6 = 239 (2 weeks out)
New Free 120 = 80.8% (Day before)
Step 2: 244
Doesn't tank my application, so I'll freaking take it lol. Time to wait for COMLEX. Let's hope that went well
Step 1: 243
--------
UW% = 73% (1 Pass)
UWSA1 = 255 (3 weeks out)
UWSA2 = 254 (4 days out)
NBME 7 = 226 (4 weeks out)
NBME 6 = 239 (2 weeks out)
New Free 120 = 80.8% (Day before)
Step 2: 244
Doesn't tank my application, so I'll freaking take it lol. Time to wait for COMLEX. Let's hope that went well
Last edited:
For what it's worth...
Took NBME7 two weeks before the actual and got a 186...was really bummed out at the time, but ended up with a 226 on the actual.
Previous Practice:
UW 1: 218 (~seven wks out)
NBME 8: 214 (~six wks out)
UW2: 207(~four wks out)
Maybe I should've just taken it at seven weeks out?? 🤣🤣🤣
Took NBME7 two weeks before the actual and got a 186...was really bummed out at the time, but ended up with a 226 on the actual.
Previous Practice:
UW 1: 218 (~seven wks out)
NBME 8: 214 (~six wks out)
UW2: 207(~four wks out)
Maybe I should've just taken it at seven weeks out?? 🤣🤣🤣
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm officially terrified. Were most of the questions about next step in management, treatment etc. Or was it more like "What is the diagnosis" like 90% of the questions in UWORLD.
Took the CK 6/30
Questions felt more like the NBME "next step" as opposed to the UWorld "what is the diagnosis".
Also, the questions stems (at least for me) were much more like NBME; shorter with far less info/evidence than UWorld and far less buzzwords.
Studied with UWorld 1.5x (71% 1st pass), Tzanki (~40% mature), OME 1x through + divine intervention risk factors and military
Step 1: 246
NBME6: 232 (8 weeks out)
NBME 8: 250 (6 weeks out)
IM Shelf: 91 (5 weeks out)
NBME 7: 245 (4 weeks out)
Comsae 103b: 623 (3 weeks out )
UWSA1: 253 (2 weeks out)
UWSA 2: 250 (1 week out)
New free 120: 76%
Score predictor: 255 +/- 6.5
Step 2 CK: 253
Happy with the score. My goal was >250. I felt like hot garbage after the test.
Step 1: 246
NBME6: 232 (8 weeks out)
NBME 8: 250 (6 weeks out)
IM Shelf: 91 (5 weeks out)
NBME 7: 245 (4 weeks out)
Comsae 103b: 623 (3 weeks out )
UWSA1: 253 (2 weeks out)
UWSA 2: 250 (1 week out)
New free 120: 76%
Score predictor: 255 +/- 6.5
Step 2 CK: 253
Happy with the score. My goal was >250. I felt like hot garbage after the test.
Last edited:
These scores are giving me hope. I felt so crappy after the exam.
Step 1: 238
NBME 7 235 (5 weeks out)
NBME 6 235 (4 weeks out)
UWSA 1 251 (3 weeks out
NBME 8 239 (2 weeks out)
UWSA2 258 (6 days out)
Old 120 87% (3 days out)
New 120 80% (3 days out)
Reddit predictor: 254
Step 2 CK : 254
Average of my two UWSAs. That was by far the hardest test of my life. Relieved is an understatement. Trust your scores everyone
NBME 7 235 (5 weeks out)
NBME 6 235 (4 weeks out)
UWSA 1 251 (3 weeks out
NBME 8 239 (2 weeks out)
UWSA2 258 (6 days out)
Old 120 87% (3 days out)
New 120 80% (3 days out)
Reddit predictor: 254
Step 2 CK : 254
Average of my two UWSAs. That was by far the hardest test of my life. Relieved is an understatement. Trust your scores everyone
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 585
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 868