You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step I Official 2021 Step 1 Experiences and Scores Thread
Started by slowthai
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If you had to pick 2, which NBME’s would you take in the last 2.5 weeks before step 1?
28, 29, or 30?
28, 29, or 30?
I think 29 was good. I’m gonna say 29 and 30 just to help make your decision.If you had to pick 2, which NBME’s would you take in the last 2.5 weeks before step 1?
28, 29, or 30?
I took 25 and 29, most of the exam didn’t really feel like either. You really can’t go wrong. Personally, I’d just do 29 and 30 in your shoes.
Thank you!!I think 29 was good. I’m gonna say 29 and 30 just to help make your decision.
I took 25 and 29, most of the exam didn’t really feel like either. You really can’t go wrong. Personally, I’d just do 29 and 30 in your shoes.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those of you guys that are done, how were you scoring on UW leading up to the exam? Did your scores fluctuate any?
I was scoring 70's to 80's. My last 15 blocks I averaged in the high 70's.Those of you guys that are done, how were you scoring on UW leading up to the exam? Did your scores fluctuate any?
This is going to depend highly on the individual and how they utilized UW. There will be people whose scores were relatively constant throughout their dedicated (this was me). There are others who gradually saw an increase in scores but their baseline was low so they still had great variability in their blocks even towards the endThose of you guys that are done, how were you scoring on UW leading up to the exam? Did your scores fluctuate any?
My scores fluctuated by almost 30% from block to block my last few weeks. A lot had to do with my mood and headspace. Ended up with 67% UW and 242 on the real deal.Those of you guys that are done, how were you scoring on UW leading up to the exam? Did your scores fluctuate any?
This is very reassuring. How much of it did you have completed?My scores fluctuated by almost 30% from block to block my last few weeks. A lot had to do with my mood and headspace. Ended up with 67% UW and 242 on the real deal.
82% when I took the testThis is very reassuring. How much of it did you have completed?
So I got a 249 on UWSA1 today, just over 1 month out. I know it over predicts so should I assume like 10-15 points lower?
No, not when you're this far out. It overpredicts more when people take it right before. I got a 249 on it, 255 real deal.So I got a 249 on UWSA1 today, just over 1 month out. I know it over predicts so should I assume like 10-15 points lower?
How far out were you when you took it?No, not when you're this far out. It overpredicts more when people take it right before. I got a 249 on it, 255 real deal.
I took it at the start of my dedicated. I want to say it was around 8 weeks out.How far out were you when you took it?
I scored 3 points higher on the real deal after taking it 4 weeks out.So I got a 249 on UWSA1 today, just over 1 month out. I know it over predicts so should I assume like 10-15 points lower?
I scored 3 points higher on the real deal after taking it 4 weeks out.
How did you think UWSA1 and UWSA2 was in terms of difficulty in comparison to the actual exam. I've heard that UWSA1 tests more "facts" and UWSA2 tests more "concepts" but not sure how true this is
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't remember the actual exam anymore... In terms of predicting your readiness, IMO your best NBME score represents your "floor", meaning you probably won't score much worse than that, while UW2 is typically within a few points of your score.How did you think UWSA1 and UWSA2 was in terms of difficulty in comparison to the actual exam. I've heard that UWSA1 tests more "facts" and UWSA2 tests more "concepts" but not sure how true this is
July 7th.I tried to be chill but it’s not working. When do y’all think 5/29 scores will release?
Seems doubtful since some 5/17 test takers had scores released on 6/2. What's your rationale?July 7th.
it depends on the form you got, so some people will get it in 2 weeks and others later based off of redditSeems doubtful since some 5/17 test takers had scores released on 6/2. What's your rationale?
Tested 5/28 and I’m thinking it’ll be July 7th… 😭
Rey few people are getting their scores back go look at the Reddit score release threadsit depends on the form you got, so some people will get it in 2 weeks and others later based off of reddit
So do you guys feel like UWorld starts testing the same topics over again as you go through the bank? For instance I'm ~45% done and feel like I'm starting to a lot of C. diff and cystic fibrosis questions along with a few other topics, just asking different questions on the same topic. Is this something that happens more as you go or did I just happen to get a bunch of those questions near each other?
There are some similar topics, but iirc they tend to be more high yield. I also felt like I had similar questions within blocks. Might just be randomSo do you guys feel like UWorld starts testing the same topics over again as you go through the bank? For instance I'm ~45% done and feel like I'm starting to a lot of C. diff and cystic fibrosis questions along with a few other topics, just asking different questions on the same topic. Is this something that happens more as you go or did I just happen to get a bunch of those questions near each other?
im about 70% done with UW and youll definitely see the high yield topics more than once (CF for example) but multiple in a day or so is probably just chance, i had like 6 succinylcholine questions in 3 consecutive blocks and havent seen it since so might just be the random chanceSo do you guys feel like UWorld starts testing the same topics over again as you go through the bank? For instance I'm ~45% done and feel like I'm starting to a lot of C. diff and cystic fibrosis questions along with a few other topics, just asking different questions on the same topic. Is this something that happens more as you go or did I just happen to get a bunch of those questions near each other?
I’ve only had a couple CF questions and C-Diff questions, I think it’s more of presenting HY topics in more ways to make sure you actually understand it. Don’t want to miss the gimmes on the big daySo do you guys feel like UWorld starts testing the same topics over again as you go through the bank? For instance I'm ~45% done and feel like I'm starting to a lot of C. diff and cystic fibrosis questions along with a few other topics, just asking different questions on the same topic. Is this something that happens more as you go or did I just happen to get a bunch of those questions near each other?
I noticed that too as I progressed through the bank and I got through about 60% before taking it last week. I think it has more to do with reinforcing the key HY topics and having exhausted all the questions that test on minor details early on. This is a super helpful vid regarding this very same observation if you're interested.So do you guys feel like UWorld starts testing the same topics over again as you go through the bank? For instance I'm ~45% done and feel like I'm starting to a lot of C. diff and cystic fibrosis questions along with a few other topics, just asking different questions on the same topic. Is this something that happens more as you go or did I just happen to get a bunch of those questions near each other?
stepingstone1234
New Member
Hey guys, anyone here take COMSAE? How did you think it compared to the actual Step/COMLEX exam? School is making us take 106 and heard it under-predicts like crazy.
I take comlex on Monday but below is my journey:Hey guys, anyone here take COMSAE? How did you think it compared to the actual Step/COMLEX exam? School is making us take 106 and heard it under-predicts like crazy.
5 weeks ago Comsae 108- 528
4 weeks ago COMSAE 106- 446
Today-COMSAE 109- 553
I think you can find the anomaly
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took a COMSAE and a combank level 1 assessment back to back a couple weeks ago cause my school made us. Scored a 543 on the COMSAE and 616-656 on combank, so I figured my real score would be somewhere in the middle of thoseHey guys, anyone here take COMSAE? How did you think it compared to the actual Step/COMLEX exam? School is making us take 106 and heard it under-predicts like crazy.
edit: it was COMSAE 106
Took the beast 5/27. If my permit doesn’t disappear this coming Monday, is it safe to assume I’m waiting until 7/6?
Maybe, maybe not. We had a holiday weekend between then and now. I’m in a similar boat and it’s not fun.Took the beast 5/27. If my permit doesn’t disappear this coming Monday, is it safe to assume I’m waiting until 7/6?
I take comlex on Monday but below is my journey:
5 weeks ago Comsae 108- 528
4 weeks ago COMSAE 106- 446
Today-COMSAE 109- 553
I think you can find the anomaly
Based on my experience with COMSAEs last year, I can tell you guys they are completely useless in terms of predicting. They are not accurate at all. I've seen people score 100 points above and below their last COMSAE, so you really never know.I took a COMSAE and a combank level 1 assessment back to back a couple weeks ago cause my school made us. Scored a 543 on the COMSAE and 616-656 on combank, so I figured my real score would be somewhere in the middle of those
edit: it was COMSAE 106
Nop. 5/29. Sad day. Fingers crossed for tomorrow though, not sure if permit has to disappear to get the scoreanyone's permit disappear?
What things do you guys recommend in the last couple weeks of dedicated? Planning on continuing UW, should I go through Pathoma one more time to pick up things I may not have seen in a while, skim FA?
in the same boat as you, i got like 4 weeks give or take and trying to figure it out nowWhat things do you guys recommend in the last couple weeks of dedicated? Planning on continuing UW, should I go through Pathoma one more time to pick up things I may not have seen in a while, skim FA?
I’m in my last 3 weeks. I’m continuing UW, gonna go through pathoma 1-3, some dirty medicine, and maybe a couple other pathoma videos in my weaker areas.What things do you guys recommend in the last couple weeks of dedicated? Planning on continuing UW, should I go through Pathoma one more time to pick up things I may not have seen in a while, skim FA?
Consider focusing in on your personal weak points. For instance, I was comfortable with immunology so going through pathoma 1-3 again was a huge waste of time for me. I ended up making cheat sheets on the stuff I just never learned (like vasculitis) and quizzing myself with them.What things do you guys recommend in the last couple weeks of dedicated? Planning on continuing UW, should I go through Pathoma one more time to pick up things I may not have seen in a while, skim FA?
In my last week, I actually cut down on my Uworld (went from 4 blocks a day down to 1-2. I finished 1st pass and most of my incorrect and I reset my bank that last week). Went over pathoma 1-3 the day before test. Just watch sketchy passively for micro/pharm. Tone down my studying a lot so I didn't go into step burnt out af. Look over old NBME pictures and free 120, those are high yield af. I think i picked up FA like maybe 2-3 times ever, I can't learn from that thing.What things do you guys recommend in the last couple weeks of dedicated? Planning on continuing UW, should I go through Pathoma one more time to pick up things I may not have seen in a while, skim FA?
I think there's an anki deck of the first aid rapid review floating around somewhere. Didn't use it myself, but it seems like a potentially helpful resource.What things do you guys recommend in the last couple weeks of dedicated? Planning on continuing UW, should I go through Pathoma one more time to pick up things I may not have seen in a while, skim FA?
Where are your UWorld scores at? If they're high, then I don't think a Pathoma pass would be too helpful.
I spent my time doing UWorld and targeted review. For instance, I knew that the thalassemia's threw me off, so I spent some time in that chapter of pathoma, listening to those Goljan lectures, and doing extra AMBOSS questions on that subject.
anybody have a good source for biostats particularly for someone who does not come from a strong math/stats background. I watched the BB videos but they were not the best IMO
the production quality is not the best, but this is seriously golden. if you want, look at his channel. he goes through the same problem set in different videos with better quality video/audio. I went from 0% biostats on uworld to probably getting like 80% of them correct now with just this...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the production quality is not the best, but this is seriously golden. if you want, look at his channel. he goes through the same problem set in different videos with better quality video/audio. I went from 0% biostats on uworld to probably getting like 80% of them correct now with just this...
Thank you, I've purposefully been avoiding biostat questions because of how much I hate it. Is there a good source for the bias and all those different studies used in biostats?
I found the UW explanations to be excellentThank you, I've purposefully been avoiding biostat questions because of how much I hate it. Is there a good source for the bias and all those different studies used in biostats?
the production quality is not the best, but this is seriously golden. if you want, look at his channel. he goes through the same problem set in different videos with better quality video/audio. I went from 0% biostats on uworld to probably getting like 80% of them correct now with just this...
appreciate you
UWorld explanations are great, but honestly when I read them I experience acute strabismus, diplopia and I begin responding to internal stimuli. I need soft-spoken Dr. Neil to tell me in his Texas drawl:Thank you, I've purposefully been avoiding biostat questions because of how much I hate it. Is there a good source for the bias and all those different studies used in biostats?
81% on the free 120 today, just over 2 weeks out. I wanted to take it closer to my exam but this was the closest date my prometric site had. Happy with it but thought I would have done better since I got a 240 on NBME 18 a week ago. Reddit predictor has me at 243 so hopefully I can get that or a couple points higher.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 844