You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step I Official 2021 Step 1 Experiences and Scores Thread
Started by slowthai
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Tested 6/4. Same 🙁Any permit movement? 5/29 here probs in the 7/7 camp 🙁
odd question but does anybody know how to find past years match data documents - preferably by specialty, when i searched 2018 match data i could only see the overall match one page document
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This?odd question but does anybody know how to find past years match data documents - preferably by specialty, when i searched 2018 match data i could only see the overall match one page document
yea but what did you search, i was hoping to look at multiple years past data
Edit - Nvm i found it, thanks
Any permit movement? 5/29 here probs in the 7/7 camp 🙁
5/7 gang checking inTested 6/4. Same 🙁
Still waiting on my step score to be released (tested 5/17) but the final numbers were4 Weeks out as of today.
NBME 29: 214 (Taken on Saturday)
UWorld: 61% little less halfway done
TrueLearn: 60.5% little more than halfway done
Should I take a UWorld self-assessment this weekend? Really wanting to hit a 230 does this look promising?
NBME 29: 214
CBSE: 217
COMSAE: 528
UWSA1: 238
NBME 25: 214
UWSA2: 230
Free 120: 83%
64% Uworld first pass (and only pass)
60% TrueLearn first pass (>80% on last 500 Q's)
COMLEX Level 1: 530-550 (gotta leave a little anonymity for all the people at my school that know me)
Still crossing my fingers for that 231 on Step so I can comfortably apply to gas but who knows. I am just happy to be getting into the hospital this year.
Preparing for the Step 1
Can someone comment on which of the following appear on Step 1 and Step 2, respectively?
Ethics, biostatics, communications, behavioral science/social science, epidemiology.
Some say that all of these appear on both Step 1 and Step 2. I am pretty sure that ethics/communications/biostatics will appear on Step 1 but not too sure about behavioral science/social science and epidemiology (those seem more Step 2 focus)
Thanks
Can someone comment on which of the following appear on Step 1 and Step 2, respectively?
Ethics, biostatics, communications, behavioral science/social science, epidemiology.
Some say that all of these appear on both Step 1 and Step 2. I am pretty sure that ethics/communications/biostatics will appear on Step 1 but not too sure about behavioral science/social science and epidemiology (those seem more Step 2 focus)
Thanks
Also, what are your recommendations on preparing for research paper/experiment-based questions? I heard they are quite difficult on the real thing.
Step 1: biostats, communications, behavioral and social science (to the extend that you can interact with patients in a professional and culturally sensitive manner), epidemiology. Ethics may or may not, this is debated. It's a 1 hr read on AMBOSS so just do it lol. DEFINITELY study epidemiology and biostatistics. These are easy points if you understand the formulas and what they mean. These are way easier than any path question you'll encounter - I think numbers just scare med students.Preparing for the Step 1
Can someone comment on which of the following appear on Step 1 and Step 2, respectively?
Ethics, biostatics, communications, behavioral science/social science, epidemiology.
Some say that all of these appear on both Step 1 and Step 2. I am pretty sure that ethics/communications/biostatics will appear on Step 1 but not too sure about behavioral science/social science and epidemiology (those seem more Step 2 focus)
Thanks
Step 2: All of the above, plus ethics for sure.
Practice and trust your understanding of physiology. They're almost always getting after physiology and pathophysiology in those questions.Also, what are your recommendations on preparing for research paper/experiment-based questions? I heard they are quite difficult on the real thing.
does anybody know how to change anki settings so that there are no/the least amount of reviews and only new cards shown
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
5 days out from step, what NBME should I take? I was thinking 29?
How did you guys feel walking out of the exam (fair or hard)? Did you all flag a lot?
ppl like 29/30. 5 days out, i would take UWSA2 and free 120 for confidence boost, NBME destroys confidence5 days out from step, what NBME should I take? I was thinking 29?
felt fair, flagged ~1/3 of each block but i flagged everything that i wasn't 100% sure onHow did you guys feel walking out of the exam (fair or hard)? Did you all flag a lot?
Oh ya, I already too both of those. just wanted to get in one more NBME, I’ll do 29ppl like 29/30. 5 days out, i would take UWSA2 and free 120 for confidence boost, NBME destroys confidence
Only took 29 and in my humble opinion, the questions were a steaming hot pile of garbage lol. The real thing was nothing like it tbh. I know it's a contrarian opinion since it's received such praise from class mates and people on sdn/reddit but I legit didn't see any redeeming qualities with nbme 29 and decided to just skip nbmes altogether.Oh ya, I already too both of those. just wanted to get in one more NBME, I’ll do 29
Took it today, ended up being my best NBME by 12 points lol. No idea how it will compare to step but it’s whatever at this pointOnly took 29 and in my humble opinion, the questions were a steaming hot pile of garbage lol. The real thing was nothing like it tbh. I know it's a contrarian opinion since it's received such praise from class mates and people on sdn/reddit but I legit didn't see any redeeming qualities with nbme 29 and decided to just skip nbmes altogether.
would you say the real thing was more like UW then?Only took 29 and in my humble opinion, the questions were a steaming hot pile of garbage lol. The real thing was nothing like it tbh. I know it's a contrarian opinion since it's received such praise from class mates and people on sdn/reddit but I legit didn't see any redeeming qualities with nbme 29 and decided to just skip nbmes altogether.
The exam felt a lot like Free 120 in my opinion, the questions were well written and using POE felt much easier compared to UW blocks/assessments.would you say the real thing was more like UW then?
^ agree.
But from what I have heard from others, it really does depend on what form you get.
But from what I have heard from others, it really does depend on what form you get.
Does anyone know if scores are coming out tomorrow?
My form felt like UW and 120 with even longer question stems so it was quite jarringwould you say the real thing was more like UW then?
what is POEThe exam felt a lot like Free 120 in my opinion, the questions were well written and using POE felt much easier compared to UW blocks/assessments.
Process of elimination, my badwhat is POE
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How far down from UWSA2?underperformed on step, this new pool of questions/curve is kind of brutal man!
a lot of my friends also dropped from their UWAS2
Based on the 7 people I have talked to it ranges from 9-18 pointsHow far down from UWSA2?
Damn that’s rough. Did the exam feel really different from UW or something? I take step tomorrow and am kinda freaking out with how many people seem to be underperforming, not that I could do anything about it right now anyway.Based on the 7 people I have talked to it ranges from 9-18 points
not sure what it is....Damn that’s rough. Did the exam feel really different from UW or something? I take step tomorrow and am kinda freaking out with how many people seem to be underperforming, not that I could do anything about it right now anyway.
some theories I have are that the UW assessments skew heavily towards certain subjects that aren't as emphasized on the real deal OR that the new pool of questions and the curve it has created is extremely harsh and that you don't have much room for error if you are trying to score high
I scored a 237 on both UWSA1/2 and got a 237 on the real deal today.
So, n=1 here but it had me on the dot lol
So, n=1 here but it had me on the dot lol
As a counterexample, my UWSA2 underpredicted by more than 15 points (and I took it a couple weeks before the real thing). Seems variableDamn that’s rough. Did the exam feel really different from UW or something? I take step tomorrow and am kinda freaking out with how many people seem to be underperforming, not that I could do anything about it right now anyway.
Got my score today (new form, I'm assuming). NBMEs (25-26) underpredicted by 15-20 points for me, UWSA1 underpredicted by about 10, UWSA2 overpredicted by 1 point (aka spot on). Reddit spreadsheet and the totally not sketchy predictmystepscore.com both predicted extremely close to my actual score.
Also, apparently the average is 235 now. Crazy.
UW1/2 over predicted by 15 points. Nbme 29 underpredicted by 15. Guess I gotta kill it on step 2 [emoji17]
Took it today, seem like it went fine. Defiantly felt more like an NBME or free 120 than UW. Question stems were shorter than UW on average and the answer choices were more clear over all. No idea how I did lol, comlex Monday then its just a waiting game
UW 1 and 2 over predicted by 8-12 points. Totally bummed at the moment. But hopefully, I can swing for the fences with Step2. I mean it wasn't easy getting here so I know I can pull it together and do what I need to.
It's surprising how so many people are getting lower scores than predicted on the latest score drop. Surprising that it's also happening with the new batch of questions. Makes you wonder what changed. I'm an M4 who just took my step 1 last week, and my practice scores weren't the greatest, so all this is having me worried while I wait.
It does seem like a lot of people are getting lower scores, but I have heard from people who got there scores back recently that got at or above there UW1/2 scores, so I’m just hoping I’m one of those peopleIt's surprising how so many people are getting lower scores than predicted on the latest score drop. Surprising that it's also happening with the new batch of questions. Makes you wonder what changed. I'm an M4 who just took my step 1 last week, and my practice scores weren't the greatest, so all this is having me worried while I wait.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also just saw this on Reddit.
~40% >5 points below predicted
~30% within 3 points of prediction
~20% >5 above predicted
~40% >5 points below predicted
~30% within 3 points of prediction
~20% >5 above predicted
yeah there's def some of that, but def something weird has happened as I just can't believe the drops I've seen from people's UWAS2 scoresreporting bias
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 856