-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***Official 2027 OMFS PASS/Interviews/Match/NonMatch/Information***
Started by rangs0208
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi everyone,
I was hoping to get some advice regarding pursuing OMFS as an internationally trained dentist.
I am a Canadian citizen with a DDS degree from Poland, followed by three years of associate practice experience in Ireland. I am currently completing a three-year Oral Medicine residency at UCSF and will be entering PGY-2 this July.
My long-term goal is to pursue Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and I am trying to determine the best path forward. Beyond preparing for the CBSE, are there any steps you would recommend to strengthen my application?
I would also appreciate hearing about any OMFS residency programs (in the U.S. or Canada) that may consider applicants with a background similar to mine, as well as any OMFS internships, fellowships, non-categorical positions, or hospital-based opportunities that accept internationally trained dentists.
Any advice, experiences, or program recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
I was hoping to get some advice regarding pursuing OMFS as an internationally trained dentist.
I am a Canadian citizen with a DDS degree from Poland, followed by three years of associate practice experience in Ireland. I am currently completing a three-year Oral Medicine residency at UCSF and will be entering PGY-2 this July.
My long-term goal is to pursue Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and I am trying to determine the best path forward. Beyond preparing for the CBSE, are there any steps you would recommend to strengthen my application?
I would also appreciate hearing about any OMFS residency programs (in the U.S. or Canada) that may consider applicants with a background similar to mine, as well as any OMFS internships, fellowships, non-categorical positions, or hospital-based opportunities that accept internationally trained dentists.
Any advice, experiences, or program recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get your DDS degree from US or Canada? If not you'll have to get it as far as I know. The only path to OMFS is to get DDS ,there are International dental programs that are 2-3 years in the US ,I know a few people who successfully matched into OMFS after completing the international DDS program.Hi everyone,
I was hoping to get some advice regarding pursuing OMFS as an internationally trained dentist.
I am a Canadian citizen with a DDS degree from Poland, followed by three years of associate practice experience in Ireland. I am currently completing a three-year Oral Medicine residency at UCSF and will be entering PGY-2 this July.
My long-term goal is to pursue Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and I am trying to determine the best path forward. Beyond preparing for the CBSE, are there any steps you would recommend to strengthen my application?
I would also appreciate hearing about any OMFS residency programs (in the U.S. or Canada) that may consider applicants with a background similar to mine, as well as any OMFS internships, fellowships, non-categorical positions, or hospital-based opportunities that accept internationally trained dentists.
Any advice, experiences, or program recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
Case Western has an ITD 4-yr program, but you have to pay tuition I'm pretty sure. I'm not sure if there are any othersHi everyone,
I was hoping to get some advice regarding pursuing OMFS as an internationally trained dentist.
I am a Canadian citizen with a DDS degree from Poland, followed by three years of associate practice experience in Ireland. I am currently completing a three-year Oral Medicine residency at UCSF and will be entering PGY-2 this July.
My long-term goal is to pursue Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and I am trying to determine the best path forward. Beyond preparing for the CBSE, are there any steps you would recommend to strengthen my application?
I would also appreciate hearing about any OMFS residency programs (in the U.S. or Canada) that may consider applicants with a background similar to mine, as well as any OMFS internships, fellowships, non-categorical positions, or hospital-based opportunities that accept internationally trained dentists.
Any advice, experiences, or program recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
OShopeful14
New Member
Does anyone have updated info on Boston U? The last post I can find about them says they do a decent amount of flaps with Caldroney and Salama, but both of those attendings are gone now. I think I can find one microvascular-trained attending on their website, but I haven't heard if they are actively doing flaps. Also would love to hear overall updates if anyone has them
Looking back at previous cycles, there were always plenty of program write ups floating around by this point. This year has been unusually quiet. If you’re a resident or student at a program, even a short overview of your program’s strengths, culture, case mix, and what makes it unique would be incredibly helpful for applicants. It doesn’t have to be a novel, just a quick blurb. With applications already underway, it’d be great to see a little more insight and recruitment from programs.
UAB has an International Dentist Program - International Dentist Program (IDP) | School of DentistryHi everyone,
I was hoping to get some advice regarding pursuing OMFS as an internationally trained dentist.
I am a Canadian citizen with a DDS degree from Poland, followed by three years of associate practice experience in Ireland. I am currently completing a three-year Oral Medicine residency at UCSF and will be entering PGY-2 this July.
My long-term goal is to pursue Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and I am trying to determine the best path forward. Beyond preparing for the CBSE, are there any steps you would recommend to strengthen my application?
I would also appreciate hearing about any OMFS residency programs (in the U.S. or Canada) that may consider applicants with a background similar to mine, as well as any OMFS internships, fellowships, non-categorical positions, or hospital-based opportunities that accept internationally trained dentists.
Any advice, experiences, or program recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
Hello everyone,
The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program at the University of Tennessee Knoxville will host a Virtual Open House on Monday August 31st, 2026. All interested OMS applicants are invited to attend. It will start at 6:00 PM EST (3:00 PST).
The open house will include an overview of the program, scope of practice, resident experience, etc. There will be several dedicated breakout groups (attendings, rising chiefs, junior residents) so we can answer all your questions from various perspectives.
The deadline to apply to our program is October 1st, 2026, via ADEA PASS. More details about the program will be shared during the Virtual Open House.
Please follow the link to register for the Virtual Open House:
UT-Knoxville OMFS Virtual Open House
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions.
We encourage you to come extern and visit our program. The OMS department has a 2nd dedicated call room for externs, so you won't have to pay for hotels.
Click here to apply for an Externship
or email us at [email protected]
We look forward to meeting you all!
Emailed them regarding the supplemental but didn’t get any reply yetanybody have any info on kings county 6 yr program ? Their website doesn’t work and I can’t find any recent info on the program.
Justthedentist
New Member
Indiana - 10/30, 11/2 call - JulyDid anyone receive any interview invitation already? I’m just curious.
Texas Tech El Paso - 11/16, 11/17 email - August
UT Houston 4 and 6 year - 10/12 and 10/19 email - August
This seems to be the working list currently, someone created another forum
Good luck to those applying!
- lefortz
- Replies: 115
- Forum: Dental Students
Indiana - 10/30, 11/2 call - May, July (rolling)
Texas Tech El Paso - 11/16, 11/17 email - August
UT Houston 6 year - 10/12 and 10/19 email - August
Case Western 5 year - 9/18 and 10/16 - email on 9/2
Texas Tech El Paso - 11/16, 11/17 email - August
UT Houston 6 year - 10/12 and 10/19 email - August
Case Western 5 year - 9/18 and 10/16 - email on 9/2
MaxSurg
New Member
It is a tremendous program! BU has 2 fellowship trained head and neck faculty. Most of the attendings are fellowship trained. Fantastic Chair and PD!Does anyone have updated info on Boston U? The last post I can find about them says they do a decent amount of flaps with Caldroney and Salama, but both of those attendings are gone now. I think I can find one microvascular-trained attending on their website, but I haven't heard if they are actively doing flaps. Also would love to hear overall updates if anyone has them
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. Indiana - 10/30, 11/2 call - May, July (rolling)
2. Texas Tech El Paso - 11/16, 11/17 - email August
3. UT Houston 6 year - 10/12 and 10/19 - email August
4. Case Western 5 year - 9/18 and 10/16 - email on 9/2
5. UCSF - 10/30 - email on 9/8
6. Nova - 10/9 - email on 9/9
7. WKH - 10/9-10 & 11/13-14 - email on 9/9
8. UF Jacksonville - 10/22 - email on 9/10
9. Detroit Medical Center- 10/2&3- email 9/10
2. Texas Tech El Paso - 11/16, 11/17 - email August
3. UT Houston 6 year - 10/12 and 10/19 - email August
4. Case Western 5 year - 9/18 and 10/16 - email on 9/2
5. UCSF - 10/30 - email on 9/8
6. Nova - 10/9 - email on 9/9
7. WKH - 10/9-10 & 11/13-14 - email on 9/9
8. UF Jacksonville - 10/22 - email on 9/10
9. Detroit Medical Center- 10/2&3- email 9/10
How is your OMFS experience like? Any externships? Good LORs?Need thoughts on my application as a Canadian with a 63 EPC on the CBSE and a decent class rank, a masters and two dental degrees, and lots of actual clinical research (trials, systematic reviews, histopathology correlation).
No interviews so far.
How is your OMFS experience like? Any externships? Good LORs?
6 externships (across the US, Canada and the UK), Great LORs from OMFS faculty, research supervisors etc.
Sounds like a pretty good application. It is still relatively early on in the cycle so hopefully you will get interviews
6 externships (across the US, Canada and the UK), Great LORs from OMFS faculty, research supervisors etc.
Thank you! i really hope so. I was worried about CBSE cut offs and whether programs even look at a full application before rejecting someone.Sounds like a pretty good application. It is still relatively early on in the cycle so hopefully you will get interviews
Justthedentist
New Member
I am sure you will be fine! I hope the coming weeks are good to you, its def still early.Thank you! i really hope so. I was worried about CBSE cut offs and whether programs even look at a full application before rejecting someone.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 238
- Views
- 45K
- Replies
- 89
- Views
- 17K
- Replies
- 77
- Views
- 17K
- Replies
- 412
- Views
- 182K
- Replies
- 203
- Views
- 71K