You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***Official 2027 PERIO PASS/interviews/match/non-match information***
Started by perioapplicant2026
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Toothbetold_22
New Member
Thank you!
perioapplicant2026
Full Member
crickets
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ThaTalentedTooth
New Member
Is there a list of programs that require INDBE prior to applying?
Last year I applied to 20 and I think that was a bit excessive, I think 15 is more enough.How many programs is everyone applying to? Currently contemplating on applying to 22 schools, but I'm hearing 15 is more than enough.
Toothbetold_22
New Member
I applied to 16 and I am a international.
perioapplicant2026
Full Member
18 programs
yeah does anyone knowIs there a list of programs that require INDBE prior to applying?
iloveperio
New Member
Has anyone heard back from any schools for interviews yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
iloveperio
New Member
I applied to UMKC and I haven't received the payment link yet eitherHas anyone received the payment link for UMKC yet?
perioapplicant2026
Full Member
I got it shortly after I submitted my application. Maybe email them?I applied to UMKC and I haven't received the payment link yet either
H.A1995
Full Member
Saame here. I sent a follow up email but they have not answered yetHi everyone,
Has anyone who applied to Indiana’s Periodontics residency program received a confirmation email acknowledging that their application was received? I haven’t received one yet, so I was wondering if that’s the same for others.
Thank you!
sourpunchstrawlover
New Member
UMichigan interview received 7/11!
perioapplicant2026
Full Member
Received an interview for Iowa- 8/21
Endodontist19
Full Member
Did anyone hear from OSU?
Did anyone hear from OSU and Marquette?
Hi fellow Dentists, hope you are doing well. I am an ITD applying for my Perio residency. I have applied to UT Houston, Boston, Buffalo, Stony Brook, Pitts, Penn, Colombia. Has anyone got any invite from these schools yet for '27 intake? I am happy to network, feel free to connect. Thanks!
perioapplicant2026
Full Member
For me just Iowa as of now. Think one of the people in this thread has gotten an interview invitation from UWHas anyone heard back from any schools for interviews yet?
Congrats on your interview! How did everyone get the interview invite? Via email or phone call? Are they in person or Zoom interviews?I have an interview coming up with UIC. Based on the threads going to sum up everything below:
UIC - 7/27
UW - 7/31
Iowa - 8/21
UMichigan - (interview invite sent on 7/11)
perioapplicant2026
Full Member
Email so far
Rutgers - recd 07/24 - in person Aug 12thI have an interview coming up with UIC. Based on the threads going to sum up everything below:
UIC - 7/27
UW - 7/31
Iowa - 8/21
UMichigan - (interview invite sent on 7/1
U of Tenn recd 07/24 - Aug 10th & Aug 18th
I have an interview coming up with UIC. Based on the threads going to sum up everything below:
UIC - 7/27
UW - 7/31
Iowa - 8/21
UMichigan - (interview invite sent on 7/11)
perioapplicant27
New Member
Hey everyone, I am just finishing up second year and I am planning to apply to perio next year. I am just curious about the competitiveness of perio and what can help set me apart. I am currently ranked 30/84 with a 3.8 GPA and I’m an American applicant. I am wondering if my grades and rank will keep me from matching. I do research and have great connections in the field that I shadow and can help with recommendation letters. What else, in your experience, has helped with your application other than grades because I’m worried that despite my good GPA, the rank will hurt me. Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean I got into perio ranked 26/96 lol I don't think that's that big of a deal, research should help you imoHey everyone, I am just finishing up second year and I am planning to apply to perio next year. I am just curious about the competitiveness of perio and what can help set me apart. I am currently ranked 30/84 with a 3.8 GPA and I’m an American applicant. I am wondering if my grades and rank will keep me from matching. I do research and have great connections in the field that I shadow and can help with recommendation letters. What else, in your experience, has helped with your application other than grades because I’m worried that despite my good GPA, the rank will hurt me. Thanks!
Are you in perio now? Or starting a program soon? Can we pick your brain on why you picked your program?I mean I got into perio ranked 26/96 lol I don't think that's that big of a deal, research should help you imo
I just started residency I mean sure you can ask me whatever you want.Are you in perio now? Or starting a program soon? Can we pick your brain on why you picked your program?
I mean I got into perio ranked 26/96 lol I don't think that's that big of a deal, research should help you imo
Congrats! That’s exciting for sure! Did you pick a match or non match program? I am a bit confused on how candidates in perio would pass on an offer from a rolling admission school and wait for a match program. Did you have to deal with that at all?I just started residency I mean sure you can ask me whatever you want.
Yea I messed up haha I applied to both match and non match and the first non match school that accepted me I just went since I was scared about the matchCongrats! That’s exciting for sure! Did you pick a match or non match program? I am a bit confused on how candidates in perio would pass on an offer from a rolling admission school and wait for a match program. Did you have to deal with that at all?
perioapplicant2026
Full Member
“Messed up” because it wasn’t really the program you wanted to go to??Yea I messed up haha I applied to both match and non match and the first non match school that accepted me I just went since I was scared about the match
No messed up as in I should have either chosen match or non match to apply to I didn't pay attention to that and just applied to too many schools. I guess if you care about location you can't really do that but I didn't care so I should have just probably applied to all non match schools and not bother with match programs.“Messed up” because it wasn’t really the program you wanted to go to??
Saw this on a previous years threads and though it would be a good way to keep track of interviews as they start to come through!
Confirmed Interviews and Date of Invitation Offers:
University of Tennessee Health Science Center: 07/24 for Zoom interview on 08/10 or 08/18 followed by in person 09/28.
Pending/Unconfirmed Interviews:
University of Iowa:
Rutgers University:
Ohio State University:
Temple University:
University of Tennessee Health Science Center:
University of Southern California (USC):
University of Kentucky:
University of Detroit Mercy:
University at Buffalo:
University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC):
University of Washington (UW):
Boston University:
UT San Antonio (UTHSCSA):
University at Buffalo:
University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB):
University of Louisville:
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU):
University of Nebraska:
UCLA:
University of Rochester:
UT Houston:
Marquette University:
Louisiana State University (LSU):
Indiana University (IU):
Oklahoma University (OU):
New York University (NYU):
Tufts University:
Texas A&M University:
University of Pittsburgh:
University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC):
University of Pennsylvania:
Harvard University:
Nova Southeastern University:
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill (UNC):
Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University:
University of Connecticut (UCONN):
St. Louis University:
Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU):
University of Colorado:
UCSF:
Columbia University:
Case Western Reserve University:
Stony Brook University:
Medical University of South Carolina:
VA in LA:
West Virginia University:
University of Michigan:
University of Maryland:
University of Maryland Dual Perio/Prosth Program
Loma Linda:
VA in NY:
University of Florida:
University of Minnesota:
Confirmed Interviews and Date of Invitation Offers:
University of Tennessee Health Science Center: 07/24 for Zoom interview on 08/10 or 08/18 followed by in person 09/28.
Pending/Unconfirmed Interviews:
University of Iowa:
Rutgers University:
Ohio State University:
Temple University:
University of Tennessee Health Science Center:
University of Southern California (USC):
University of Kentucky:
University of Detroit Mercy:
University at Buffalo:
University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC):
University of Washington (UW):
Boston University:
UT San Antonio (UTHSCSA):
University at Buffalo:
University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB):
University of Louisville:
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU):
University of Nebraska:
UCLA:
University of Rochester:
UT Houston:
Marquette University:
Louisiana State University (LSU):
Indiana University (IU):
Oklahoma University (OU):
New York University (NYU):
Tufts University:
Texas A&M University:
University of Pittsburgh:
University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC):
University of Pennsylvania:
Harvard University:
Nova Southeastern University:
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill (UNC):
Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University:
University of Connecticut (UCONN):
St. Louis University:
Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU):
University of Colorado:
UCSF:
Columbia University:
Case Western Reserve University:
Stony Brook University:
Medical University of South Carolina:
VA in LA:
West Virginia University:
University of Michigan:
University of Maryland:
University of Maryland Dual Perio/Prosth Program
Loma Linda:
VA in NY:
University of Florida:
University of Minnesota:
So your interview is on 08/21/26?Received an interview for Iowa- 8/21
What day was this interview invite emailed to you?!Received an interview for Iowa- 8/21
perioapplicant2026
Full Member
Yes, and the invitation was sent to me last weekSo your interview is on 08/21/26?
Well, I applied there and haven’t heard back! Hopefully they email out more invites soon! Congrats on your interview 👌Yes, and the invitation was sent to me last week
Last edited:
Toothfeary
New Member
Have not recieved a confirmation email from them. To my knowledge there were no supplemental forms or fees for Texas A&M, right?Hi everyone! I wanted to ask if anyone has received any confirmation emails or application updates from the University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston or Texas A&M College of Dentistry . Thank you!
Right.Have not recieved a confirmation email from them. To my knowledge there were no supplemental forms or fees for Texas A&M, right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same I sent an email to Houston but haven't heard from them.Hi everyone! I wanted to ask if anyone has received any confirmation emails or application updates from the University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston or Texas A&M College of Dentistry . Thank you!
perioapplicant2026
Full Member
Nebraska interview received via phone today. 9/21 or 9/28
They sent you the email on a Saturday? Can anyone else confirm this please?UMichigan interview received 7/11!
Last edited:
iloveperio
New Member
Received Interview invite to University of Maryland on 8/4 for 8/26
Similar threads
- Replies
- 60
- Views
- 14K
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 355
- Views
- 163K
- Replies
- 257
- Views
- 84K
- Replies
- 77
- Views
- 17K