*~*~* Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2018-2019 *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This thread will open at the opening of the 2018-2019 application cycle.

Please use this thread to ask any questions specific to the AACOMAS application.

Ask away and good luck!

Last years AACOMAS question page is right here.
I got an Email from Liberty saying that my MCAT scores are not verified, but AACOMAS is showing all of my applications as verified. I have sent my scores from AAMC, but they won't review my application until the scores are verified. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it just me, or does AACOMAS not have a space to put siblings? It says my family size is only me+ my parents.
I don't think they did. They also don't have a place for spouses. so I was only able to list myself, and my parents and their income which is so dumb since they live 15 hours away from me :-(

I was planning on taking orgo 2 lab fall 2018 but I had to move to spring 2019 because of interviews falling on days of lab, how much of an issue would this inconsistency cause? I have already submitted my AACOMAS with it saying I will complete it in fall months ago, It will be done forsure before I potentially matriculate.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was planning on taking orgo 2 lab fall 2018 but I had to move to spring 2019 because of interviews falling on days of lab, how much of an issue would this inconsistency cause? I have already submitted my AACOMAS with it saying I will complete it in fall months ago, It will be done forsure before I potentially matriculate.
I've noticed some (many?) schools want you to have taken at least 75% of prerequisites by the time you apply. As long as this is the case for you, it should be fine.

Yes, Orgo 2 lab is my last prereq, everything else is just my major classes.

Hi does anyone know how schools work in terms of accepting in-state vs. out of state applicants? Wondering if there are any good online resources for checking this out?

Hello,

I’ve been a little confused, hoping for some clairity. I choose the option for them to input my transcripts, but t received a message I would need to submit my application before they would do this. Do I really have to wait until I submit my application for them to upload them? Also, I’m taking the mcat soon. My understanding is that I have to wait the month for the scores to come back then, submit my application, wait another month for my aacomdas to verify, then can finally apply. Is that right? Seems a little rediculus that I cannot get my transcripts verified while waiting for my scores to come back. Is there a way around this?

Hello,

I’ve been a little confused, hoping for some clairity. I choose the option for them to input my transcripts, but t received a message I would need to submit my application before they would do this. Do I really have to wait until I submit my application for them to upload them? Also, I’m taking the mcat soon. My understanding is that I have to wait the month for the scores to come back then, submit my application, wait another month for my aacomdas to verify, then can finally apply. Is that right? Seems a little rediculus that I cannot get my transcripts verified while waiting for my scores to come back. Is there a way around this?

Hello! I'll try my best to help with some of the confusion. I'm not sure about the transcript service, but I do know is that you can upload your transcripts before you submit your app so that it states that aacomas has received them. Probably best to get your transcripts to aacomas ASAP. You are right about the mcat taking one month to come back, but if you wanted to take the risk and submit your apps before your mcat score arrives, then you'll be able to get in line for verification sooner. So yes, you can get your transcripts verified while waiting for your scores, it's just you won't know your score so the general advice is to apply to a throw away school just in case you don't do as well as you'd hope.

Additionally, sometimes verification doesn't actually take 4 weeks for aacomas. I just sent mine in during peak season (end of july) and it took 3 days. Maybe I was still early so it was easy for them to get to it, but I also thought it would take 4 weeks, which it didn't. Secondaries came in shortly after.

Hi there,
So my primary app was verified in the last week and I submitted it to many DO schools. The thing is I didn't add any activities/achievements or LORs when I submitted it. I'm gonna add them in today. But I wonder if schools will automatically see it updated in my app or I have to email to notify them? I already received the supplemental apps from several schools

Hi there,
So my primary app was verified in the last week and I submitted it to many DO schools. The thing is I didn't add any activities/achievements or LORs when I submitted it. I'm gonna add them in today. But I wonder if schools will automatically see it updated in my app or I have to email to notify them? I already received the supplemental apps from several schools
Good question, probably best to call AACOMAS on that one. My guess is they will see it, but the safe thing to do is probably to call/email each admissions counselor for each school to inform them that you updated it so they can redownload your application. You usually have a chance in your secondary to address this too just in case. Thats probably what I would do if the achievement was significant.

Has anyone else submitted an update? if so how long did it take for your new grades to be verified?

Anyone willing to help look over my secondaries?

One of the colleges I attended isn't showing up for some reason. Should I just manually enter the classes I took there? For the other schools I attended I wanted to pay for the transcript service.

Reactions: 1 user
Are math classes such as statistics and calculus counted in the science gpa for D.O schools?

Has anyone submitted and been verified recently? I just submitted and am curious how long it takes to verify at this point in the cycle. Getting a head start on secondary essays but concerned because one of the schools I'm applying to is a 2/1 deadline.