**** Official Acceptance Thread for MWU-AZ C/O 2015 ****

I just put down my deposit today, so we are officially going there! My wife and I also visited the area this past weekend, and we love the area. The school is incredible, looking forward to meeting everyone this fall!

Members don't see this ad.

Great news! I'm glad things worked out the way you'd hoped! It was great meeting you and your wife last week, let us know if there's anything we can do for you. Let me know when you move down, so we can help you move in.

Congrats again!

Thanks! You guys are great, we really appreciated meeting you and hearing your opinions.

I just put down my deposit today, so we are officially going there! My wife and I also visited the area this past weekend, and we love the area. The school is incredible, looking forward to meeting everyone this fall!

I'm glad you guys had as good of a time as we did. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys too! Did you get in contact with my friend?

Did everyone get the email to do a background check?

Yeah, it's an extra $150, but we've got to do it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! You guys are great, we really appreciated meeting you and hearing your opinions.

I'm glad you guys had as good of a time as we did. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys too! Did you get in contact with my friend?

Yeah, it's an extra $150, but we've got to do it.

We actually didn't get a chance to meet him, but I didn't call or text him because we were so busy over the weekend.

And do you know for sure about this background check thing? The email I got sounded pretty phishy.

And do you know for sure about this background check thing? The email I got sounded pretty phishy.

I've gotten 2 emails from them, one on Dec 2 and a reminder today. At a couple of my interviews they talked about a background check, so I've been expecting this. Here's the first email:

Dear Rlow04 (it said my real name),

You have received this email because you have been conditionally accepted by one or more of the schools participating in the ADEA-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants. Please note that the requesting school will be notified if consent is not provided, and that failure to provide consent may result in failing to meet the requesting school`s admissions requirements.

To provide consent, please follow the instructions below:
1. Paste the link below into your browser: http://www.applicationstation.com

2. Enter the Code: CERTADEA2011 in the Application Station Code field.

3. If you have not already created an account for yourself, click the "SIGN UP NOW" button to do so. Otherwise, just click the "SIGN BACK IN" button to login using your Username and Password.

4. Follow the instructions on the Application Station web site to complete your Background Investigation Consent forms.

Please note that the requesting school will be notified if consent is not provided, and that failure to provide consent may result in failing to meet the requesting school's admissions requirements.

*Please also note that during the Background Investigation process, Certiphi Screening, Inc. may contact you to obtain additional information if required.

For additional information about this service, including details regarding the consumer report to be procured, go to http://www.ADEA.org

If you have technical issues visiting the Application Station site, please contact Application Station Support at: 888-291-1369 x2006.

Thank You
Application Station - Student Edition

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or
proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity
to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended
recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.

SECURITY WARNING: Sending email that contains private personal
information poses a security and privacy risk and we request that
you not do so.

For those of you who are accepted, when is the deposit due? I am curious when the second round of acceptances might be going out.

Due Jan. 1st.

I hope that date is certain because the wait is really getting to me on this one. I've been anxious because i noticed on predents that the last individual to get accepted (Dec 16th) interviewed on the Dec 9th.

I interviewed Dec 14 and I loved everything about the interview day.:love:
Hope I am a part of the class of 2015.

Was waitlisted just got accepted today. recieved call in the morning :D

missed the call at 8:35am but got a wonderful message! :D I'll be seeing you all this fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry guys, this may have nothing to do with the thread, but how long after the interview did u find out about your acceptance :p?

I found out the very next day :). I interviewed on January 18th, and I got the phone call from my interviewer on the 19th. Phoenix, here I come!!

I found out the very next day :). I interviewed on January 18th, and I got the phone call from my interviewer on the 19th. Phoenix, here I come!!

I interviewed yesterday, I hope I find out soon.. Did anyone else find out so soon?

Do we need to send DAT score to Midwestern?

I just withdrew my application yesterday, hope that gives someone else a chance! Good luck to everyone!

News on the street: adcom not meeting until after March 1st. Anyone heard anything else?

Anyone heard from them in the past month (acceptances, alternate list, or rejections?)

i just called them and they told me that im on the alternate list.... its my top choice :(:(:(:(

i just called them and they told me that im on the alternate list.... its my top choice :(:(:(:(

In your login thing on the midwestern website, does it say anything for you about your status? I'm kind of confused on how we find about about our status..

Ya know, I REALLY wanted to go to MWU, but the cost of UW is just too good to pass. Plus, I LOVE Seattle. I was really close to still going to MWU due to the weather, lifestyle, and friends in Phoenix. It really was a hard decision though.

Lmaozedong1: can i ask you were those the only 2 reasons you chose UW over MWU? I am going to do the military thing, and my family is from Washington, but I am NOT a big fan of Seattle, it's too expensive, too rainy, and just not my thing. I keep changing my mind on a daily/hourly basis! MWU is such a new school, living is cheap, AND they have always been friendly and to me, which i can't say has always been the case at UW.

What are some other reasons why I should accept UW vs. Midwestern?

You need to pick where you feel like you'll be the happiest. Since debt isn't an issue, go to the school and curriculum that you enjoy the most. I had the same feeling at MWU, how they are always so nice and welcoming. I personally would prefer Phoenix as far as living and weather, but Seattle and UW certainly have appeal. Anyway, go where you feel like you'll be the happiest. You may also consider going where you might like to end up working because you can get used to the area and start networking with others.

You need to pick where you feel like you'll be the happiest. Since debt isn't an issue, go to the school and curriculum that you enjoy the most. I had the same feeling at MWU, how they are always so nice and welcoming. I personally would prefer Phoenix as far as living and weather, but Seattle and UW certainly have appeal. Anyway, go where you feel like you'll be the happiest. You may also consider going where you might like to end up working because you can get used to the area and start networking with others.

Very good point. Thank you! I guess the prestige of UW, and the small class size made me feel really lucky to be able to get in. However after the newness wears off, I think my happiness throughout school is probably more important.:idea:

In your login thing on the midwestern website, does it say anything for you about your status? I'm kind of confused on how we find about about our status..

i called them, and they told me

Hey everyone, I have a few questions about housing. Does anyone know where the bad areas of town are in Peoria? Are there areas to stay away from? I am looking at renting a house, and would like some input. Thank you! :D

Hey everyone, I have a few questions about housing. Does anyone know where the bad areas of town are in Peoria? Are there areas to stay away from? I am looking at renting a house, and would like some input. Thank you! :D

My wife and I are buying a house and our offer just got accepted. Right around the dental school and north of the 101 are nicer areas, as well as most of surprise. Stay away from El Mirage and the further south (and maybe east, I'm not sure) you go inside the 101 loop, the more sketchy it gets.

Good luck! I hope you find something!

Did anyone get address verification on MWU website? I just checked their website, and got address verification. Is this mean something? I'm still waiting from them, maybe they just need to check address information to send rejection letter :(

Did anyone get address verification on MWU website? I just checked their website, and got address verification. Is this mean something? I'm still waiting from them, maybe they just need to check address information to send rejection letter :(

I know it is hard, but try to keep thinking positive!! Maybe they need it to send your acceptance letter!!! :xf:

No it doesn't mean anything. I've gotten that twice already since being on the wait list.

No it doesn't mean anything. I've gotten that twice already since being on the wait list.
Finally, I got an letter that said I am on the wait list too.. does anyone know how likely wait list ppl get seats? Thanks

Finally, I got an letter that said I am on the wait list too.. does anyone know how likely wait list ppl get seats? Thanks

At the interview they said they took around 50% of the wait list last year. I doubt that's the case this year, I've seen people here state there are ~170 people on the list? That's a huge amount. Maybe we'll start seeing wait list calls once they finish interviews and April rolls around. Good luck!

At the interview they said they took around 50% of the wait list last year. I doubt that's the case this year, I've seen people here state there are ~170 people on the list? That's a huge amount. Maybe we'll start seeing wait list calls once they finish interviews and April rolls around. Good luck!
Do they still have interview? Hmm.. 170 people on the list are huge amount I guess. Hopefully we hear something soon and good luck to you too!

Do they still have interview? Hmm.. 170 people on the list are huge amount I guess. Hopefully we hear something soon and good luck to you too!

i just phoned them. they still got one more interview session coming up this april.... aye...T^T. oh. nd there are ~ 50-100 ppl on the list..

your name is very asian. haha. =P 2pm~~~

i just phoned them. they still got one more interview session coming up this april.... aye...T^T. oh. nd there are ~ 50-100 ppl on the list..

Haha I'm a asian :) wow they still have interview in april.. Then we have to wait until april then. 50-100 sounds better than 170 though.

50-100 is great news! Anyone knows how full the class is? I am hoping for a lot of multiple deposits.

"i just phoned them. they still got one more interview session coming up this april.... aye...T^T. oh. nd there are ~ 50-100 ppl on the list.."

This is NOT true. I just called Midwestern to confirm this, and the lady said there are not conducting any more interviews, and the waitlist has gone UP - upwards of 200-250 people. She also said all the seats for the class have been given out, and now they are waiting to see how many deposits they receive. Every time someone turns down their offer, they will review the list of alternates, and some lucky waitlister will get a call.

This is NOT true. I just called Midwestern to confirm this, and the lady said there are not conducting any more interviews, and the waitlist has gone UP - upwards of 200-250 people. She also said all the seats for the class have been given out, and now they are waiting to see how many deposits they receive. Every time someone turns down their offer, they will review the list of alternates, and some lucky waitlister will get a call.

Really? :eek: It looks like they didn't reject many people after interviewing them.

"i just phoned them. they still got one more interview session coming up this april.... aye...T^T. oh. nd there are ~ 50-100 ppl on the list.."

hey. i phoned again. yeah.. you were rite.. there are a little over 200 ppl are on the list.. T^T... nd so far no more interviews have been scheduled.

i really did call..i dont know why the lady before told me different things.. sorry for all the misleadings guys... :oops:

pray pray :xf:

:luck: