*~*~*~*Official AMCAS Questions Thread 2014-2015*~*~*~*

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quick question: I am graduating with two separate bachelors degrees and a certificate of completion from my university from which I also got my associates degree. Should I make separate entries for each one? (all of them degrees will show on my one transcript)

AMCAS handbook says, " If you were enrolled in more than one program (e.g., undergraduate and graduate) at an institution, create a separate entry for each program."
 
This may be a strange question, but it regards entering the course name: At my school the classes are titled "Biology 1 with Lab", "Organic Chemistry 2 with Lab", etc. Yet the AMCAS instruction video says to always enter lab classes by writing "and lab." I'm inclined to enter them as "and lab" since that is the way AMCAS says to enter them, even though it's not the EXACT title of my courses. Does that sound reasonable?
 
Question about listing majors/minors in the "schools attended" section:

Do we have to list majors that we declared but then swithced out of? What about minors? For example, I was a biology major, then picked up a psych major on top of the bio major, but ended up dropping the psych major and will be graduating this semester with only a biology major.

thanks in advance.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called AMCAS and they mentioned that if you mark a class as current/future, it will not be verified and not hold up your application.

However before calling, I had searched the forum and there was a thread from 2008 that said if you had classes in progress from a summer session it would hold up your verification until those classes were completed in the summer. Is this information inaccurate/outdated? @LizzyM ?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-to-submit-amcas-after-summer-session.512087/
 
Question about 90 credit hour minimum: Are AP courses and pass/fail courses included in this 90 credit hour minimum?
In general, yes, but I can't affirm that no school has tricky wording on their website that might fall outside this generalization. Be aware that some schools require all prerequisites to be completed before application, and that others require them by fall, or by the January prior to matriculation. Other schools don't accept AP coursework for prerequisites.
 
Question about listing majors/minors in the "schools attended" section:

1) Do we have to list majors that we declared but then switched out of?
2) What about minors? For example, I was a biology major, then picked up a psych major on top of the bio major, but ended up dropping the psych major and will be graduating this semester with only a biology major.
1) No. 2) Not if you dropped the minor (or plan to).
 
This may be a strange question, but it regards entering the course name: At my school the classes are titled "Biology 1 with Lab", "Organic Chemistry 2 with Lab", etc. Yet the AMCAS instruction video says to always enter lab classes by writing "and lab." I'm inclined to enter them as "and lab" since that is the way AMCAS says to enter them, even though it's not the EXACT title of my courses. Does that sound reasonable?
I'd stick with the exact title since it gets the same information across.
 
Questiona about adding 'Schools Attended'

So I attended community college, then transferred to a 4-years university. Then decided to take some classes back at the same community college.

With that, how should I add the the second time around at the same community college? Should I just do it as two separate schools, such as Community College-X Sep-2007 - June-2010, 4 years university, and the same Community College-X Sep 2012 - Jun 2014?

Also the second time around at CC, I took classes for two quarters in a row, then stop for like a year, and took some classes again. Like started Sep 2012 - March 2013, then April 2014 - June 2014. So I should just say Sep 2012 - Jun 2014 (like I'm currently taking the class and will end at June)?

Thanks

It doesnt really matter. Did you take the second round of classes at the CC before or after you got your degree from the four year?
 
Quick question: I am graduating with two separate bachelors degrees and a certificate of completion from my university from which I also got my associates degree. Should I make separate entries for each one? (all of them degrees will show on my one transcript)

AMCAS handbook says, " If you were enrolled in more than one program (e.g., undergraduate and graduate) at an institution, create a separate entry for each program."
Enter them separately.
 
In general, yes, but I can't affirm that no school has tricky wording on their website that might fall outside this generalization. Be aware that some schools require all prerequisites to be completed before application, and that others require them by fall, or by the January prior to matriculation. Other schools don't accept AP coursework for prerequisites.

It becomes even "tricker" than that. Some schools will accept only some AP for fulfilling prereqs (ex AP for Biology would be accepted but Chemistry won't). Some will accept the AP as fulfilling the prereqs but not the credit. That is AP Bio will fulfill the intro bio prereq but you need to have 6 credits of additional biology to fulfill the credit requirement
 
Quick question: I am graduating with two separate bachelors degrees and a certificate of completion from my university from which I also got my associates degree. Should I make separate entries for each one? (all of them degrees will show on my one transcript)

AMCAS handbook says, " If you were enrolled in more than one program (e.g., undergraduate and graduate) at an institution, create a separate entry for each program."


Are you receiving your degrees all at the same time?
 
I called AMCAS and they mentioned that if you mark a class as current/future, it will not be verified and not hold up your application.

However before calling, I had searched the forum and there was a thread from 2008 that said if you had classes in progress from a summer session it would hold up your verification until those classes were completed in the summer. Is this information inaccurate/outdated? @LizzyM ?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-to-submit-amcas-after-summer-session.512087/

Don't ask me. I know nothing of the application other than what I see on my screen when it is complete, verified and sent to the med school.
 
It doesnt really matter. Did you take the second round of classes at the CC before or after you got your degree from the four year?

thanks for answering gonnif.

1. CC - finished all the necessary courses to transfer
2. 2 yrs at the university - got a degree in biology and got my diploma back in June 2012
3. Second time around at the same CC - took classes for two straight quarters, then a year break, and start taking a class now during spring 2014 quarter that will ends in June 2014

So to answer your question, yes I took and taking classes at the same CC for the second time after getting my degree from the university.

Questions:
1. Just to clarify, so basically verification process is just to check to make sure that I added the grades correctly, and the office will check line-by-line with the official transcripts that I send to them?

2. Is that why your answer to my previous answer was 'it doesn't really matter much', since I will be sending in all the transcripts from all of the colleges and the courses will all show up under the coursework regardless of how I input the schools because their main concern is the whether the grades are correct or not?
 
thanks for answering gonnif.

1. CC - finished all the necessary courses to transfer
2. 2 yrs at the university - got a degree in biology and got my diploma back in June 2012
3. Second time around at the same CC - took classes for two straight quarters, then a year break, and start taking a class now during spring 2014 quarter that will ends in June 2014

So to answer your question, yes I took and taking classes at the same CC for the second time after getting my degree from the university.

Questions:
1. Just to clarify, so basically verification process is just to check to make sure that I added the grades correctly, and the office will check line-by-line with the official transcripts that I send to them?

Yes, AMCAS only verifies what you entered as course descriptions, classification, and grades on the application matches the official transcript sent directlty to AMCAS


t2. Is that why your answer to my previous answer was 'it doesn't really matter much', since I will be sending in all the transcripts from all of the colleges and the courses will all show up under the coursework regardless of how I input the schools because their main concern is the whether the grades are correct or not?

I would list the CC TWICE. Any class you take after you get a bachelors degree, the classes are classified postbacc which gets both listed as a separate line item on a GPA grid and well as get added to UG cumulative.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, AMCAS only verifies what you entered as course descriptions, classification, and grades on the application matches the official transcript sent directlty to AMCAS




I would list the CC TWICE. Any class you take after you get a bachelors degree, the classes are classified postbacc which gets both listed as a separate line item on a GPA grid and well as get added to UG cumulative.


ok, I will add the CC separately. I thought that postbacc is only at the actual postbacc program at the university. But you are saying that postbacc may be any courses after getting a bachelor degree regardless of institution, even if the class is at the CC (btw, i'm taking a language class - not because of necessary to complete any of the units requirement, just because I wanted to try to learn a new language)?
 
ok, I will add the CC separately. I thought that postbacc is only at the actual postbacc program at the university. But you are saying that postbacc may be any courses after getting a bachelor degree regardless of institution, even if the class is at the CC (btw, i'm taking a language class - not because of necessary to complete any of the units requirement, just because I wanted to try to learn a new language)?

Rule 1: Any undergraduate you take at any institution after you have received a bachelors degree is listed as postbacc regardless of what subject, institution, etc,

Rule 2: If you have any questions about the class you take after you have a degree, see Rule 1.
 
Rule 1: Any undergraduate you take at any institution after you have received a bachelors degree is listed as postbacc regardless of what subject, institution, etc,

Rule 2: If you have any questions about the class you take after you have a degree, see Rule 1.


gonnif - thank you. Thank you.
 
Hey guys,

I received my EMT certification over a summer quarter at a community college and was wondering if this needs to be listed on my AMCAS application? Thanks for the help!
 
I have a question about entering colleges attended in AMCAS. So I took a couple courses at the local community college while in high school. Then after graduating from another institution with my Bachelors, I took one more course at the community college. Do I enter this in AMCAS for the full time frame from high school to after college? Or do I enter it separately? And if I enter it as one, do I classify it as undergraduate or post baccalaureate?
 
When it comes to "experience name" should I only include position names or include the name of the org as well?

Ex: President OR President of Biology Club

Thanks in advance & good luck to everyone applying!
 
When it comes to "experience name" should I only include position names or include the name of the org as well?

Ex: President OR President of Biology Club
You have about 60 characters to make an impact. Get as much info as you can in there: Maybe, President of Beta Beta Beta Biologic Honor Society (or whatever the name is). Or Member&2-Term President of XXXXX.

You can find more advice about Naming your Experiences in post #3 of the Official Work/Activities Tips Thread here:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ork-activities-tips-thread-2014-2015.1062704/
 
Last edited:
Here's my dilemma and I sure hope there's a clear-cut answer. I took an AP Biology course in my junior year high school. I had also signed up with my public university to give me credit for this course. Now in college, my (private) university does not grant credit for all AP courses I took, and they did not give me credit for this one. It's not listed on my transcript at all. As for the dual credit I assumed I had signed up for, I never got any paperwork about it: from my high school, from my college, or even from this (public) university. The only reason why I question if this exists at all is that every once in awhile, my public university has me on their mailing lists somehow.

QUESTION: what should I do about this? Should I contact the public university? I dread doing that because they are such behemoths and it will take days/weeks and I wonder if I'll get a real answer. OR should I skip it and assume my sign up for this dual credit course never existed?
 
I have a question about entering colleges attended in AMCAS. So I took a couple courses at the local community college while in high school. Then after graduating from another institution with my Bachelors, I took one more course at the community college. Do I enter this in AMCAS for the full time frame from high school to after college? Or do I enter it separately? And if I enter it as one, do I classify it as undergraduate or post baccalaureate?
You will list them separately. The first should be labeled as Junior College (HS coursework), the second as Undergraduate (FR, SO, JR, SR), and the last as Postbaccalaureate.
 
Here's my dilemma and I sure hope there's a clear-cut answer. I took an AP Biology course in my junior year high school. I had also signed up with my public university to give me credit for this course. Now in college, my (private) university does not grant credit for all AP courses I took, and they did not give me credit for this one. It's not listed on my transcript at all. As for the dual credit I assumed I had signed up for, I never got any paperwork about it: from my high school, from my college, or even from this (public) university. The only reason why I question if this exists at all is that every once in awhile, my public university has me on their mailing lists somehow.

QUESTION: what should I do about this? Should I contact the public university? I dread doing that because they are such behemoths and it will take days/weeks and I wonder if I'll get a real answer. OR should I skip it and assume my sign up for this dual credit course never existed?
You only get AP course credit if a college assigns it to you. Start with a call to your HS and see if they have a record of whether this ever happened. If they can't help, you'll call the public university Registrar's Office for information. Or you can call/email/mail to request an official transcript and see what happens. There is probably on-line instruction about how to get your official transcript sent to you. If they say they have no record of you, then you're done.
 
Thanks Catalystik! So simple. I don't care about credits from my current school. In fact, I never expected to get that since I got the max they allow but in other subjects. I'm just concerned about this dual credit because it could factor into my Sgpa. I'd rather not include that course credit since I got a B+!

I intend to apply to this School for medical school, so they'd know for sure if I have a transcript there or not.

ANOTHER QUESTION that I'm just curious about: I know we need to include ALL schools you've attended, but how would med schools know?
 
ANOTHER QUESTION that I'm just curious about: I know we need to include ALL schools you've attended, but how would med schools know?
It's AMCAS who will track this down via the Student Clearinghouse using information like name, birthdate, SS#, or maybe however else you identified yourself when you took the AP test: http://www.studentclearinghouse.org/colleges/studenttracker/

AMCAS partners with Clearinghouse PDF: http://www.studentclearinghouse.org/about/media_center/press_releases/files/release_2013-11-06.pdf
 
You will list them separately. The first should be labeled as Junior College (HS coursework), the second as Undergraduate (FR, SO, JR, SR), and the last as Postbaccalaureate.
Then when I request transcripts, will the college courses I took in high school have to be separate from the one I took after college even though they are from the same institution?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Regarding transcripts, I sent mine thru National Clearing House today, but the service wasn't working and didn't allow me to input my AMCAS ID. I called them and they basically told me it wasn't working correctly and you can send them, just tell your Registrar's office to include your ID. So I called multiple times, left a message and sent an email, hoping that they included it. If not, will AMCAS not accept my transcripts?
 
I guess my question then becomes, what are AP credits used toward? I took almost all the AP sciences offered, however, my college did not exempt me from the Intro classes required for upper division science courses. Essentially, I took all the medical school prereqs at my undergraduate institution, but also have AP credit toward the classes as well.

Also, are the 90 credits minimum required to apply only based on graded courses as assigned by AMCAS (not supplemental/AP hours)? The reason I'm asking is because I am a traditional student applying this year and have ~130 quarter units (slightly less than 90 credit hours). With my AP courses included, it would come to ~170 quarter units. I have a majority of my prereqs done (except the last O-Chem lab) and am planning on graduating next spring.

It becomes even "tricker" than that. Some schools will accept only some AP for fulfilling prereqs (ex AP for Biology would be accepted but Chemistry won't). Some will accept the AP as fulfilling the prereqs but not the credit. That is AP Bio will fulfill the intro bio prereq but you need to have 6 credits of additional biology to fulfill the credit requirement
 
Question regarding interfolio...

What the hell am i supposed to do? I got to my interfolio account through my AACOMAS (i'm applying DO and MD) account but now i'm not entirely sure of what to do or how my letter writers are supposed to use this program. Are my letter writers supposed to create an account? Am i supposed to add Dossier and Portfolio to my account??

any help would be appreciated...
 
Questions about AP credit. My institution, much like the fictitious one in this pdf, lists only "Test Credits Applied Toward Undergraduate Program" rather than individual AP credits. In total, I received 20 credits from AP exams, but the only test applicable towards college classes was the AP Calc BC exam: 8 credits for Calculus I & II (moved straight into Calc III during my first semester).

My remaining 12 credits were from the following exams:

AP Chemistry
AP Literature and Composition
AP US History

I scored well enough on these exams to be granted general "transfer credit," but my school did/does not allow these tests to replace actual classes. I have 2.5 questions:

1) Should I classify these latter three as the actual classes they were, even though my university did not award specific credit for them? If not, what should I do?
Example: AP Credit: Literature and Composition, 4.00 credits
​
2) Would AP Chemistry be listed as "lecture and lab" or just lecture? We did spend lots of time in the lab, but I'm not sure how to list it.
Example: "AP Credit: Chemistry and Lab" vs. "AP Credit: Chemistry"​

2.5) At my school, a sufficient AP Chem score would satisfy the GE requirement for lab science. Would I list it as "AP Credit: Lab Science" or something similar? Please note that as I write, this solution seems highly unlikely. I'm leaving it for reference should others have similar questions. Or in case I'm wrong.

Thanks for any help!
 
I guess my question then becomes, what are AP credits used toward? I took almost all the AP sciences offered, however, my college did not exempt me from the Intro classes required for upper division science courses. Essentially, I took all the medical school prereqs at my undergraduate institution, but also have AP credit toward the classes as well.

Also, are the 90 credits minimum required to apply only based on graded courses as assigned by AMCAS (not supplemental/AP hours)? The reason I'm asking is because I am a traditional student applying this year and have ~130 quarter units (slightly less than 90 credit hours). With my AP courses included, it would come to ~170 quarter units. I have a majority of my prereqs done (except the last O-Chem lab) and am planning on graduating next spring.

Rule 1: Take a Breath

It shouldnt be a problem in applying, but if/when you get accepted you have a few courses to do prior to matriculation. My suggestion is check carefully on the website for the schools you actually apply to and see what their specific requirements are. But I would still apply. Unless a student is trying to use AP solely for prereqs, it should not be a bar
 
1) Should I classify these latter three as the actual classes they were, even though my university did not award specific credit for them? If not, what should I do?
Example: AP Credit: Literature and Composition, 4.00 credits​
yes
​
2) Would AP Chemistry be listed as "lecture and lab" or just lecture? We did spend lots of time in the lab, but I'm not sure how to list it.
Example: "AP Credit: Chemistry and Lab" vs. "AP Credit: Chemistry"​
if it had lab then list it AP Chem and Lab
​
2.5) At my school, a sufficient AP Chem score would satisfy the GE requirement for lab science. Would I list it as "AP Credit: Lab Science" or something similar? Please note that as I write, this solution seems highly unlikely. I'm leaving it for reference should others have similar questions. Or in case I'm wrong.
As long as you distribute the AP credits without overlapping so either "chem and lab" as 1 4 credit or separate in 3 and 1 credits

Below are the instructions for AP on AMCAS including general credit and how to list. Since your school did not assign specific courses, you can only list area/category.

The issue here while these can be entered on AMCAS it is up to each school if they will be counted towards prereqs or not and how that is done is school specific

Advanced Placement (AP)
To claim AP credit, the credit hours must be listed on your transcript. AP courses should
be entered under the term in which the college credit was initially granted. If no term is
designated, include with freshman coursework (FR). Include AP credit courses only once
(by selecting Advanced Placement as the Special Course Type), even though AP credit for
the same subject may have been awarded by more than one institution. AP courses can be
assigned under the institution awarding the most credit, but they cannot be listed under all
the institutions that may have awarded credit. If AP credits appear in one block on the
transcript, distribute the credit appropriately among the AP exams taken.
For example, the University of Southern California awarded 9 credits for 3 AP exams. On
the official transcript, this credit appears as 9 credits for AP exams, with no indication of
what each exam was. On the AMCAS application, enter each exam as an individual
course and distribute the credits appropriately, not to exceed the total amount of credits
earned.
If the transcript from the college awarding AP credit does not list actual course names,
enter the subject area for which credit has been earned (e.g., AP Credit: English) as the
Course Name.
 
Last edited:
Thank you so much for the suggestion! I was trying to figure out what the 90 credit hour minimum meant, since there was an earlier post on this thread that stated most schools require 90 credit hours in order to even apply. I would hate to have my application pre-screened out due to a lack of sufficient course hours.

Rule 1: Take a Breath

It shouldnt be a problem in applying, but if/when you get accepted you have a few courses to do prior to matriculation. My suggestion is check carefully on the website for the schools you actually apply to and see what their specific requirements are. But I would still apply. Unless a student is trying to use AP solely for prereqs, it should not be a bar
 
Thank you so much for the suggestion! I was trying to figure out what the 90 credit hour minimum meant, since there was an earlier post on this thread that stated most schools require 90 credit hours in order to even apply. I would hate to have my application pre-screened out due to a lack of sufficient course hours.

Just to clarify, if your transcript shows the 90 credits, you have them to apply. How those AP credits will shake out to fulfill prereqs is unlikely to screen you out (though possible). More likely a matriculation issue. I would research it over the summer and take courses to fulfill a schools specific AP rules in your glide year
 
My college did not list the AP Bio course I took as a high school junior as a transfer credit and therefore it's not on my transcript. However, it looks like I received college credit for that course through my in-state public university. Drat! So I guess I need to have that transcript sent to AMCAS along with my UG transcript as part of the verification process. Is that right?
 
My college did not list the AP Bio course I took as a high school junior as a transfer credit and therefore it's not on my transcript. However, it looks like I received college credit for that course through my in-state public university. Drat! So I guess I need to have that transcript sent to AMCAS along with my UG transcript as part of the verification process. Is that right?

Yes. You need send it the state school transcript for both the AP Bio as well as the requirement that all transcripts form all college must be submitted.

And if you get accepted, you will likely have to do it again to the school you matriculate to.
 
I'm not sure how to correctly input my study abroad credit. I know the 2014-2015 AMCAS instruction manual covers this topic extensively but I can't seem to find my answer. Last summer I took Organic Chemistry and The Chemistry of Wine in Italy. These classes were taught by professors at my home institution that flew over with us and were taught at a building my local university owns in Italy. On my transcript they appear as taught in the US on the main campus and don't indicate study abroad. Do I still need to enter these classes as study abroad through AMCAS?
 
I'm not sure how to correctly input my study abroad credit. I know the 2014-2015 AMCAS instruction manual covers this topic extensively but I can't seem to find my answer. Last summer I took Organic Chemistry and The Chemistry of Wine in Italy. These classes were taught by professors at my home institution that flew over with us and were taught at a building my local university owns in Italy. On my transcript they appear as taught in the US on the main campus and don't indicate study abroad. Do I still need to enter these classes as study abroad through AMCAS?

This is quite clear in AMCAS instruction. You were taught in a building/campus your school owns, taught by your school's own professors that appears on your own school's transcripts. It isn't considered study abroad in terms of AMCAS. Just your school's regular stuff
https://www.aamc.org/students/download/182162/data/amcas_instruction_manual.pdf (see page 51

American Colleges Overseas
Some schools, although not physically located in the United States or Canada, are not
considered foreign institutions and transcripts are required. Courses should be listed on
the AMCAS materials like all other U.S. coursework. U.S. institutions with campuses

overseas (such as the “University of Maryland at Munich”) are considered U.S. colleges
for which transcripts are required and all coursework must be listed.
 
Last edited:
Question regarding interfolio...

What the hell am i supposed to do? I got to my interfolio account through my AACOMAS (i'm applying DO and MD) account but now i'm not entirely sure of what to do or how my letter writers are supposed to use this program. Are my letter writers supposed to create an account? Am i supposed to add Dossier and Portfolio to my account??

any help would be appreciated...

What do you do is click the "Request Recommendation" button. That will lead to inputting the name and contact info of your writer and then you can choose electronic upload or mailing in the actual letter. Once you do submit this, your dossier will have a spot for your letter and once its received, it will be "complete". So after you send the requests, its all on your writers to get your letters in.

To send letters, you just hit " New Delivery" and plug in which and where you want the letters to go. For AACOMAS, just send it to the schools you're applying to (according to their guidelines of course). For AMCAS, send all your letters your are registering to AMCAS, and there will be a section to include the specific AMCAS ID for each letter.

Hope that clears it up. You can even upload your own letters if you like, I just think it won't be listed as confidential. I had to do this last year for an older physician who wasn't too keen with technology.

Best of luck!
 
Below are the instructions for AP on AMCAS including general credit and how to list. Since your school did not assign specific courses, you can only list area/category.

Thank you for the quick feedback! I suppose my question arises from the AP coursework/credit tutorial transcript, found here. The following section is of particular interest.

On my official transcript from XYZ, my AP credit is lumped together, since I also took AP American
History and AP Biology.

Here’s how to enter the AP credit in this situation:
The Academic Year will be the year that I started college, which is when the AP credit was awarded.

The Academic Term will be 1st
Semester (Fall), since my school is on a semester system and the Fall is
when the AP credit was awarded.

My Year in School for AP Calculus is Freshman, since that’s when I was awarded the credit.

The course number will be the same as what’s on the official transcript. XYZ doesn’t include a course
number for this type of credit, so I’ll leave it blank.

Since the three AP classes I took are lumped together under the title AP credit, I’ll type in AP Credit:
Calculus for the course name. When I enter the other AP courses, I’ll type AP Credit: followed by the
name of the other subject.

The course classification is Math because that was the primary content of this course.
​

From these instructions (copyright 2011, though in 2011 the AMCAS manual still gave the guidelines you quoted above). My gut is to follow these "newer" instructions?

So I would be entering

AP Credit: Calculus I, 4.00 hours
AP Credit: Calculus II, 4.00 hours
AP Credit: Chemistry and Lab, 4.00 hours
AP Credit: Literature and Composition, 4.00 hours
AP Credit: US History, 4.00 hours

rather than

AP Credit: Math, 4.00 hours
AP Credit: Math, 4.00 hours
AP Credit: Chemistry and Lab, 4.00 hours
AP Credit: English, 4.00 hours
AP Credit: History, 4.00 hours

Thoughts?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can medical schools see your primary data without your first MCAT score? Once your application has been verified by AMCAS, will its data be transmitted to medical schools immediately even without a first MCAT score? (ie. would medical schools just see the upcoming MCAT date?) or does AMCAS wait to transmit the data to medical schools until your first score is uploaded into their system?
 
Two questions - couldn't find anything in the AMCAS instructions or elsewhere on this site.

  1. I worked as a resident advisor (also known as resident assistant, community assistant, etc.) for three years in college. Am I correct in assuming this is "Applicant Contribution" to my post-secondary education costs?

  2. I also received several research fellowships/grants that were applied to my research credit tuition, my housing/meal costs, as well as lab expenses. Would these fall under the "Academic Scholarship" or the "Applicant Contribution" category?

Any help is much appreciated!
 
I think I made a mistake. I have 2 different AMCAS ID on AMCAS and MCAT THx, so my MCAT score is not loading up on my AMCAS. Should I contact AAMC to fix this problem or is there something I can do to fix this problem?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.