*~*~*~*Official AMCAS "Work/Activities" Tips Thread 2013-2014*~*~*~*

Started by sector9
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What should I categorize being a paid filmmaker as? It's not exactly big money so I've been putting it under Artistic Endeavors for now.

Totally agree with polyatomic. Put it under Artistic Endeavors if its a freelance independent type of gig.
 
Here's a tricky scenario. For the past year I've been volunteering at my dad's practice doing clinically related stuff (EKGs, documentation etc) and in a week I'm going to be trained as a Videonystagmography (VNG) technician. I'll still be in the same practice and doing my other activities, but now I'll be paid as this technician.

Previously I listed this as clinical volunteering, but should I list it all as paid employment? Or should I list the other items as clinical volunteering and make a separate spot for the VNG technician as paid clinical employment?

Thanks for all the help and replies so far kuntash
 
Here's a tricky scenario. For the past year I've been volunteering at my dad's practice doing clinically related stuff (EKGs, documentation etc) and in a week I'm going to be trained as a Videonystagmography (VNG) technician. I'll still be in the same practice and doing my other activities, but now I'll be paid as this technician.

Previously I listed this as clinical volunteering, but should I list it all as paid employment? Or should I list the other items as clinical volunteering and make a separate spot for the VNG technician as paid clinical employment?
Thanks for all the help and replies so far kuntash

This only needs 1 entry.

How you frame it will really depend on your "title" on the day you submit. Will you be a volunteer or an employee? If you are a volunteer when you submit, then frame it as a volunteer experience with a couple of sentences on how this is transitioning into paid employment on date X after successful completion of your VNG tech training.

If you are officially an employee at time of submission, then list it as such with descriptions focused on your job responsibilities. In this case, add a couple of sentences to explain how you started as a volunteer and learned ABC and have now transitioned after successful completion of the VGN tech training.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This only needs 1 entry.

How you frame it will really depend on your "title" on the day you submit. Will you be a volunteer or an employee? If you are a volunteer when you submit, then frame it as a volunteer experience with a couple of sentences on how this is transitioning into paid employment on date X after successful completion of your VNG tech training.

If you are officially an employee at time of submission, then list it as such with descriptions focused on your job responsibilities. In this case, add a couple of sentences to explain how you started as a volunteer and learned ABC and have now transitioned after successful completion of the VGN tech training.

Nice, my brain is fried with this application process that I didn't even think of those approaches.
 
What's up with all of the required fields for Work/Activities? If I want to add a hobby, I need to list a date range? Total hours? Hell if I know. I'd like to make one entry for all of my outdoor recreational hobbies, because they're a huge component of my life. Not sure if I should even bother, but if I do I have no idea how to enter the above shenanigans.

And awards/honors...total hours? Zero?
 
What's up with all of the required fields for Work/Activities? If I want to add a hobby, I need to list a date range? Total hours? Hell if I know. I'd like to make one entry for all of my outdoor recreational hobbies, because they're a huge component of my life. Not sure if I should even bother, but if I do I have no idea how to enter the above shenanigans.
And awards/honors...total hours? Zero?

Have you opened up the amcas app? It will all make sense once you are actually on the form. You can start the app/look around in there without actually applying yet. You can save your work and go back into the system an unlimited number of times. To actually "apply" you would have to hit a submit button, and then the system will ask you to certify (i.e ask are you really, really sure about this). So no harm no foul in going in to look around so you can figure out your game plan.

And yes, for each entry, you must provide dates, a contact person's name/phone/email, hours per week (you can estimate conservatively if you never kept track). For entries that obviously would not have hours, such as awards, its fine to leave the hours box blank.

You can enter up to 15 work/volunteer experiences, hobbies, awards, honors. Really anything you have done other than coursework (which will go in a different section).

EDIT: Looks like this year, no blanks allowed for hours. So put down 0 for things like Awards and Honors
 
Last edited:
Have you opened up the amcas app? It will all make sense once you are actually on the form. You can start the app/look around in there without actually applying yet. You can save your work and go back into the system an unlimited number of times. To actually "apply" you would have to hit a submit button, and then the system will ask you to certify (i.e ask are you really, really sure about this). So no harm no foul in going in to look around so you can figure out your game plan.

And yes, for each entry, you must provide dates, a contact person's name/phone/email, hours per week (you can estimate conservatively if you never kept track). For entries that obviously would not have hours, such as awards, its fine to leave the hours box blank.

You can enter up to 15 work/volunteer experiences, hobbies, awards, honors. Really anything you have done other than coursework (which will go in a different section).

But the Total Hours section is required...I'm just putting 0 hours for awards. And yea, how would you guys go about listing hours for hobbies? For instance, I've been playing the piano for the past 12 years, both recreationally and with the Royal Conservatory of Music.
 
1. If I list a competition in which something I made took first place is it a bad idea to repeat that statement in my PS?

The reason I'm asking this is because I was under the impression my PS is a standalone piece, meaning people wouldn't be referring to my activities section as they read it. It should be able to convey all the info about me by itself.

2. What all should we be describing for an abstract? What it was about, what work motivated it, where it was presented?
Would it fall under poster/presentation?

3. Is it ok to write a number in the PS? Would the people reading my PS really care if use a number like 30 instead of writing out thirty?
 
1. One of the activities I was going to list was receiving honors until a certain point in college. Does it make sense to write about that as if it were a most meaningful?

2. Better to split the abstract I coauthored from the work I did at the research lab where I did the research for the abstract?

3. In my PS, I talk about how one of the activities influenced me to pursue medicine. Would it work if I made this a most meaningful experience?

4. Is it better to write about clinical/volunteering activities as being most meaningful rather than other activities? There is a pretty interesting experience in one of my non-medical related activities that I wanted to talk about.

1. I don't think you want that as most meaningful as it is generally something viewed as filler, but if you have deep and genuine reasons for wanting to list it as such then go for it. You're just going to need a damn good explanation.

2. If you aren't filling out all the activities I would split it up if you can productively use the extra description space.

3. If you feel you can add more in the most meaningful description then yes. However try to not simply repeat what was in your personal statement. Go in more depth. If you can't then use something else as your most meaningful.

4.No, anything can be a most meaningful activity. Choose the ones that were actually most meaningful to you.

Thanks for the response.

Btw, whats your opinion on writing out numbers vs. simply using numbers in the PS/activities sections?

In activity section, I usually use numbers instead of writing out so that I have more space to talk about other things. In PS, probably it depends on what numbers you are talking about..

I believe I used numbers to save on characters. But I think you're overthinking this 😀

1. If I list a competition in which something I made took first place is it a bad idea to repeat that statement in my PS?

The reason I'm asking this is because I was under the impression my PS is a standalone piece, meaning people wouldn't be referring to my activities section as they read it. It should be able to convey all the info about me by itself.

2. What all should we be describing for an abstract? What it was about, what work motivated it, where it was presented?
Would it fall under poster/presentation?

3. Is it ok to write a number in the PS? Would the people reading my PS really care if use a number like 30 instead of writing out thirty?

Merging
 
View Post
I had a job my senior year of high school which continued in the summer after graduation until right before I left for college.

It wasn't a clinical experience exactly, but it was a food service job at a nursing home and it involved a lot of patient contact (delivering trays up to patients, conversing with them and their families, etc.). Still okay to list or no?
 
But the Total Hours section is required...I'm just putting 0 hours for awards. And yea, how would you guys go about listing hours for hobbies? For instance, I've been playing the piano for the past 12 years, both recreationally and with the Royal Conservatory of Music.

Yes, I just heard you MUST indicate total hours, no blanks allowed. So put 0 for Awards/Honors. You will have to figure out a way to estimate total hours for a hobby as well, even if it was over several years.
 
Can employment at a workout facility (gym, weight room etc.) be considered medical? My original notion is that it would be "non-medical" but would prefer to have it listed as "medical."

Thanks!
 
Also, is Ronald McDonald House considered medical volunteering? It's located on the hospital property and you have direct interaction with the patients. You also communicate directly with the hospital staff.

Thanks!
 
1. If I list a competition in which something I made took first place is it a bad idea to repeat that statement in my PS?

The reason I'm asking this is because I was under the impression my PS is a standalone piece, meaning people wouldn't be referring to my activities section as they read it. It should be able to convey all the info about me by itself.

2. What all should we be describing for an abstract? What it was about, what work motivated it, where it was presented?
Would it fall under poster/presentation?

3. Is it ok to write a number in the PS? Would the people reading my PS really care if use a number like 30 instead of writing out thirty?

1. Don't repeat exact statements. Find something else to say about it or expand on what you already said. Throughout the cycle, you will seem to be answering the same questions over and over again. Things you feel you already explained in your PS or ECs. For example, many secondaries ask for you to describe an experience that was most significant to your development in some way or another. Be ready to repeatedly talk about your most significant activities from your primary over and over again but in...different ways.

2. Yes. Describe the what/who/why/where. But don't forget the "so what". In other words what are you bringing from that experience that will help you in this career path. Use the Research category if you have not already. Use the Poster/Presentation one and focus on that aspect of the work only if you have used the research category at least once or twice for other activities already.

3. Doesn't really matter. I like to use words in an essay over digits and I only use digits if the words would look weird or long. Like I prefer thirty over 30 in an essay, however 122 looks better/cleaner to me than one hundred twenty two :shrug:
 
Can employment at a workout facility (gym, weight room etc.) be considered medical? My original notion is that it would be "non-medical" but would prefer to have it listed as "medical."

Thanks!

Keep it safe and go with non-medical.

In the description you can certainly still talk about things like how you helped gym members become more health and lifestyle conscious, how perhaps you believe this experience and the skills you developed may translate to medicine and have prepared you for discussing healthy lifestyles with your future patients.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, is Ronald McDonald House considered medical volunteering? It's located on the hospital property and you have direct interaction with the patients. You also communicate directly with the hospital staff.

Thanks!

Sure. That should be fine. However do you have anything else in a traditional hospital/clinic environment to really seal the deal in case there are doubters? Because technically the known premise of the RMD house is to care for the families of patients. So it's probably borderline for giving you the full clinical experience adcoms may look for.
 
Is it ok to abbreviate stuff in the description of an activity. For example, I'm a Resident Assistant and in describing the activity, I use the abbreviation RA. Is that ok?
 
Is it ok to abbreviate stuff in the description of an activity. For example, I'm a Resident Assistant and in describing the activity, I use the abbreviation RA. Is that ok?



Wondering about this since I work at the YMCA. Should I list the full name?

Also, for work/activity descriptions, when we talk about what the organization is, is it okay to take the website's own description of what it is and paste it in?
 
Is it ok to abbreviate stuff in the description of an activity. For example, I'm a Resident Assistant and in describing the activity, I use the abbreviation RA. Is that ok?

Have you already used the full Resident Assistant (perhaps in the title)? Then yes, you can say RA every time after that. But make sure you use the full once.
 
Wondering about this since I work at the YMCA. Should I list the full name?

Also, for work/activity descriptions, when we talk about what the organization is, is it okay to take the website's own description of what it is and paste it in?

YMCA is pretty clearly YMCA so I think you should be fine using that all the time.

No copying and pasting from anywhere! Don't worry about explaining what a YMCA is because it is so well known. Most people at least have a general idea. Instead use your precious space to specifically describe what YOU do there and what you have learned as a result of your time there.
 
I work at my parent's restaurant, only on weekends (~10 hrs/wk).

As the restaurant is new and business isn't the greatest right now, starting in the summer, my parents want me to help out everyday once I'm done with work in my lab. This should be about 30 hours a week. However, I don't know if I'll continue doing it once summer is over (as business might pick up my then).

Should I put my expected hours as what I would expect by the time I matriculate? (ie 30*~50 weeks = 1500 hours) or should I do something else?

Thanks!
 
So I've decided to clump all my graduate school endeavours as one activity which includes all posters/conferences attended/publications and have made it one of my most meaningful activities.. Is this an okay idea?

Thanks in advance!
 
I work at my parent's restaurant, only on weekends (~10 hrs/wk).

As the restaurant is new and business isn't the greatest right now, starting in the summer, my parents want me to help out everyday once I'm done with work in my lab. This should be about 30 hours a week. However, I don't know if I'll continue doing it once summer is over (as business might pick up my then).

Should I put my expected hours as what I would expect by the time I matriculate? (ie 30*~50 weeks = 1500 hours) or should I do something else?

Thanks!

Only put down what you know for sure.
 
So I've decided to clump all my graduate school endeavours as one activity which includes all posters/conferences attended/publications and have made it one of my most meaningful activities.. Is this an okay idea?

Thanks in advance!

Is this all research or are you also adding in other activities? If you are not at your 15 max, I would try to separate them into different categories and pick the most significant of all your grad school activities as your most meaningful (rather than a lump of everything from that time period).
 
Thanks for the reply! It is all research (conferences attended, publications, posters) . The problem is, I already have 14 activities so I don't have much space to separate them...
 
Thanks for the reply! It is all research (conferences attended, publications, posters) . The problem is, I already have 14 activities so I don't have much space to separate them...

If it's all research then go for it 👍
 
So what is the consensus on this issue: should we follow AMCAS instructions of repeating the activity or simply put 999 and indicate the total hours/hours per week in the description? It seems to me that the way AMCAS wants us to enter it is much more confusing for ADCOMs...
 
What format should we use for the publications? Also, if abstracts for posters were published in a journal, then should we list these as publications or poster presentations?
 
So what is the consensus on this issue: should we follow AMCAS instructions of repeating the activity or simply put 999 and indicate the total hours/hours per week in the description? It seems to me that the way AMCAS wants us to enter it is much more confusing for ADCOMs...

It's up to you. I think the repeated option looks neater personally, and I think this is what it's intended for. But do what you're comfortable with.
 
Trying to decide if my research should be listed in the 1. EC's and then 2. scholarship for it in the awards section OR all as one in paid work.

I had to apply to an organization at my university and be selected to do the research. Application/ qualifications are reviewed and only 150 students are selected. Scholarship is awarded to the recipients, but is basically reduced tuition. I never saw a check or anything.

Which would this qualify for?

Hoping for the first
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am looking for assistance with entering my research. I worked in a nutrition lab for two years with the following breakdown:

Summer 2010: Paid through federal work study for 40 hrs/ wk
Fall 2010: Paid through FWS for 4 hrs/wk, Earned credit for 8 hrs/wk
Spring 2011, Fall 2011, Spring 2012: Earned credit for 8 hrs/wk

Should I include the paid portion under my Federal Work Study section (includes my other two jobs on campus) and the course credit portion under a Research category, or just group them both under Research?

I was listed in the acknowledgements section of the paper published on the data I collected, but not as an author- should I include this acknowledgment? If so, should I write out the full paper citation?

I completed a senior thesis from my work in the laboratory. I presented my thesis to a group of doctors, residents and NPs in my current job at an academic medical center. Should I include this presentation under the same Research category, or create a separate "Presentation" section?
 
I have a summer job that I did from 2006-2011. How would I enter that into the form? I'm only able to repeat up to 3 times so I won't be able to fit all 6 years in.

Also, if I'm using International Baccalaureate transfer credits to fulfill an English prerequisite, do I need to have my IB transcript sent to AMCAS or does my university transcript (which shows the transfer credits) work fine?
 
Last edited:
Trying to decide if my research should be listed in the 1. EC's and then 2. scholarship for it in the awards section OR all as one in paid work.

I had to apply to an organization at my university and be selected to do the research. Application/ qualifications are reviewed and only 150 students are selected. Scholarship is awarded to the recipients, but is basically reduced tuition. I never saw a check or anything.

Which would this qualify for?

Hoping for the first
i think it's what you want the adcom to see more of: research or paid work. eitherway, it should be all under one!
 
I have a summer job that I did from 2006-2011. How would I enter that into the form? I'm only able to repeat up to 3 times so I won't be able to fit all 6 years in.

i'd probably just do 1 big thing from '06-'11 with total hours , and explain in description that it was a summer thing
 
Is it necessary to indicate how many hours a week you did an activity or is just listing the total hours fine?

And how could you possibly quantify hours for hobbies?

If you plan to continue doing a activity onto 2014, you just estimate the amount of hours you are expected to complete? I actually split my hours in the following manner:

Instead of activity 1 looking like June 2012-June 2014 200 hours total, i made the activity "repeated" and did June 2012-June 2013 100 hours and again June 2013-June 2014 100 expected hours. Do you guys think this is a technically legal and logical move?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to bring this up again, but I had asked this earlier in the thread but didn't get an answer 😳 This is a question about bullet-style formatting of experience descriptions.

While I see the correct formatting like below when I select "Print Application":

Responsibilities:
- Server
- Cashier
- Ingredient upkeep
- Shop opening and closing

Special skills:
- Artful dispensing of frozen yogurt into cups (perfectly aligned swirls of flavor)
- Expert placement of challenging toppings on steep mounds of frozen yogurt
- Impeccable dishwashing post-smoothie making


when I do "Show details" under the Work/Activities tab, I get a jumbled mess without any line separation:

Responsibilities: - Server - Cashier - Ingredient upkeep - Shop opening and closing Special skills: - Artful dispensing of frozen yogurt into cups (perfectly aligned swirls of flavor) - Expert placement of challenging toppings on steep mounds of frozen yogurt - Impeccable dishwashing post-smoothie making

Is it safe to assume that the "Print Application" formatting is preserved when it's viewed by the schools?
 
What format should we use for the publications? Also, if abstracts for posters were published in a journal, then should we list these as publications or poster presentations?

Format: check the AMCAS instructions to see if they specify. If not, either way is fine.

Abstracts: I would think either is fine. If you put it under publications, of course be sure to describe the poster presentation too. And vice versa.
 
So what is the consensus on this issue: should we follow AMCAS instructions of repeating the activity or simply put 999 and indicate the total hours/hours per week in the description? It seems to me that the way AMCAS wants us to enter it is much more confusing for ADCOMs...

I would follow the AMCAS instructions.
 
Trying to decide if my research should be listed in the 1. EC's and then 2. scholarship for it in the awards section OR all as one in paid work.

I had to apply to an organization at my university and be selected to do the research. Application/ qualifications are reviewed and only 150 students are selected. Scholarship is awarded to the recipients, but is basically reduced tuition. I never saw a check or anything.

Which would this qualify for?

Hoping for the first

Yup. Go with research EC. Make sure you explain that it was competitive and resulted in a reduced tuition award.
 
I am looking for assistance with entering my research. I worked in a nutrition lab for two years with the following breakdown:

Summer 2010: Paid through federal work study for 40 hrs/ wk
Fall 2010: Paid through FWS for 4 hrs/wk, Earned credit for 8 hrs/wk
Spring 2011, Fall 2011, Spring 2012: Earned credit for 8 hrs/wk

Should I include the paid portion under my Federal Work Study section (includes my other two jobs on campus) and the course credit portion under a Research category, or just group them both under Research?

I was listed in the acknowledgements section of the paper published on the data I collected, but not as an author- should I include this acknowledgment? If so, should I write out the full paper citation?

I completed a senior thesis from my work in the laboratory. I presented my thesis to a group of doctors, residents and NPs in my current job at an academic medical center. Should I include this presentation under the same Research category, or create a separate "Presentation" section?

You always want to select the Research category if you did research. You can briefly explain that some of it was a part of FWS.

You can mention that the data you collected led to an acknowledgement in publication XYZ in journal ABC. Leave it at that. I would not do a formal citation, nor mention that you did not get authorship.

Describe the Presentation as part of the research description if you have space. If not, create a new entry.
 
I have a summer job that I did from 2006-2011. How would I enter that into the form? I'm only able to repeat up to 3 times so I won't be able to fit all 6 years in.

Also, if I'm using International Baccalaureate transfer credits to fulfill an English prerequisite, do I need to have my IB transcript sent to AMCAS or does my university transcript (which shows the transfer credits) work fine?

Repeat 3 times, then explain in the description the 3 other summers this continued for. If any of these summers were pre-undergrad, you can leave out if space is a problem.

IB credits as long as they are on your college transcript are just fine. Note that some med schools do not accept IB or AP credits for pre-reqs (or would also want to see an upper level class in that subject taken in college). So make sure you verify this with each school as you are coming up with your school list.
 
Is it necessary to indicate how many hours a week you did an activity or is just listing the total hours fine?

And how could you possibly quantify hours for hobbies?

If you plan to continue doing a activity onto 2014, you just estimate the amount of hours you are expected to complete? I actually split my hours in the following manner:

Instead of activity 1 looking like June 2012-June 2014 200 hours total, i made the activity "repeated" and did June 2012-June 2013 100 hours and again June 2013-June 2014 100 expected hours. Do you guys think this is a technically legal and logical move?

It seems to me that the repeated would make sense if the activity is not continuos (eg. every summer). But the total hours makes sense for continuos activities. Also, I believe the expected hours/total hours is something new we did not have last cycle. We could only put down hours per week and a time frame. Refer to the instructions (or call AMCAS) if you are concerned about technical legalities.

You have to come up with your own estimate for a hobby. Just be realistic. I think I've heard of people putting hours that when combined with their hours for other activities, things add up to more than 24hrs in a day. Obviously that is a no-no.
 
Sorry to bring this up again, but I had asked this earlier in the thread but didn't get an answer 😳 This is a question about bullet-style formatting of experience descriptions.

While I see the correct formatting like below when I select "Print Application":

Responsibilities:
- Server
- Cashier
- Ingredient upkeep
- Shop opening and closing

Special skills:
- Artful dispensing of frozen yogurt into cups (perfectly aligned swirls of flavor)
- Expert placement of challenging toppings on steep mounds of frozen yogurt
- Impeccable dishwashing post-smoothie making


when I do "Show details" under the Work/Activities tab, I get a jumbled mess without any line separation:

Responsibilities: - Server - Cashier - Ingredient upkeep - Shop opening and closing Special skills: - Artful dispensing of frozen yogurt into cups (perfectly aligned swirls of flavor) - Expert placement of challenging toppings on steep mounds of frozen yogurt - Impeccable dishwashing post-smoothie making

Is it safe to assume that the "Print Application" formatting is preserved when it's viewed by the schools?

This is why they ask that you use a text only program if you plan on doing a copy and paste. I used prose only, no bullets. For paragraphs, I used a blank line. My understanding is that special characters that are not available in a text editor will not transfer over.
 
I did a medical intern program in India for a month. I know that SDn frowns upon it, but my heritage is Indian even though I don't identify it (my family and I dont "look" Indian bc we're from the NE border) and thought going there would be a nice way of connecting back to where my parents are from while doing something medically related. I mostly shadowed a surgeon and helped nurses in the ICU with small tasks.

I used it as a meaningful experience and described how it was a positive experience to being
immersed in medicine (since then I've gained a lot of domestic experience) and mentioned how I also used the time to reflect and connect with the culture to be more grateful for my own situations. All of that is true and isn't for the sake of the application, but I'm wondering if its not falling for the whole medical mission trip trap?
 
Can activities during high school be submitted? I spent upwards of a hundred hours over the course of a year helping out the overworked janitor at our school before school hours, but all of that time was before high school graduation.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did a medical intern program in India for a month. I know that SDn frowns upon it, but my heritage is Indian even though I don't identify it (my family and I dont "look" Indian bc we're from the NE border) and thought going there would be a nice way of connecting back to where my parents are from while doing something medically related. I mostly shadowed a surgeon and helped nurses in the ICU with small tasks.

I used it as a meaningful experience and described how it was a positive experience to being
immersed in medicine (since then I've gained a lot of domestic experience) and mentioned how I also used the time to reflect and connect with the culture to be more grateful for my own situations. All of that is true and isn't for the sake of the application, but I'm wondering if its not falling for the whole medical mission trip trap?

No, if there is a heritage connection (or some sort of other connection), and there is significant domestic experience, and the theme of your entire app is not focused on practicing abroad, then you should be fine. Be sure to mention why you did it (exactly as you have here).

Can activities during high school be submitted? I spent upwards of a hundred hours over the course of a year helping out the overworked janitor at our school before school hours, but all of that time was before high school graduation.

Unfortunately, no high school activities should be on AMCAS (unless that activity was continued into your college years). I had one or two things like that from high school that I used for minor secondary essays where the prompt was a perfect fit. But I was sure to make my most substantial secondary essays about my post-high school activities.
 
If my abstract was accepted and I have an oral presentation about a week after submission opens, can I just list it on the app since by the time I get verified, I will have done the presentation?
 
If my abstract was accepted and I have an oral presentation about a week after submission opens, can I just list it on the app since by the time I get verified, I will have done the presentation?

In the description of the research, simply add that your abstract has been accepted and you anticipate presenting your work around date X. Do not create a new entry for a presentation that has not happened yet.
 
When I enter my activities in prose or in bullet form, it still clumps everything when try to print it.. Any way to get around this problem?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.