*~*~*~* Official AMCAS "Work/Activities" Tips Thread 2021-2024 *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I shadowed multiple physicians as part of training for a clinical position, is it okay to list that in a format:
"Various Pediatric Physicians, [Location], X hours, [Date]" ?

I am also including my other shadowing experiences with single physicians in this same slot, so listing the doctors I shadowed throughout that training isn't feasible. It is of the same form, but instead of "Various pediatric physicians" it is their name and email and a sentence about what I observed.
That's fine. I suggest listing the specific physicians first and adding the grouped shadowing experience after, in your Shadowing slot.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi just a question in regards to awards/honors, who should be listed as the contact name? I was thinking of including my advisor, but I have awards beyond just dean's list and honors. Should I add contact information for each award in the description in addition to a brief description of the award?

Hi just a question in regards to awards/honors, who should be listed as the contact name? I was thinking of including my advisor, but I have awards beyond just dean's list and honors. Should I add contact information for each award in the description in addition to a brief description of the award?
Most use the college's Registrar, who should be able to attest to most of them. If there is anything particularly special, an added Contact in the narrative is fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I have some questions.

1. I have worked as a teaching assistant under many professors (thus different courses) and there is only one slot for the contact email and phone number. In this case, who should I put as the contact? I asked my school and they told me to put the contact info of the professor, as we do not really have a supervisor for this.

2. I have been watching videos and reading threads and it seems like I need to have a narrative/story that shows my qualities/impacts in the activity description just like the personal statement right? I thought I could write what I did, what I learned, and how it was impactful but I guess there needs to be a story.

3. If the above is true, then for the activities that I have listed as most meaningful experiences, would I have to write 2 different stories that shows how transformative the event was while showcasing my traits?

4. It does not hurt to have less than 15 activities, right? I came across some articles published by advising services and it seemed like a way to sell their products.

5. I have a volunteering experience where I did basic checkups for homeless people (vitals) under the supervision of doctors and nurses. Would this go in the non-clinical since they are not patients?

Thanks for the response!

1. I have worked as a teaching assistant under many professors (thus different courses) and there is only one slot for the contact email and phone number. In this case, who should I put as the contact? I asked my school and they told me to put the contact info of the professor, as we do not really have a supervisor for this.

2. I have been watching videos and reading threads and it seems like I need to have a narrative/story that shows my qualities/impacts in the activity description just like the personal statement right? I thought I could write what I did, what I learned, and how it was impactful but I guess there needs to be a story.

3. If the above is true, then for the activities that I have listed as most meaningful experiences, would I have to write 2 different stories that shows how transformative the event was while showcasing my traits?

4. It does not hurt to have less than 15 activities, right? I came across some articles published by advising services and it seemed like a way to sell their products.

5. I have a volunteering experience where I did basic checkups for homeless people (vitals) under the supervision of doctors and nurses. Would this go in the non-clinical since they are not patients?

Thanks for the response!
1) I agree with listing the professor as your Contact. I suggest putting the strongest or most recent experience (ideally with a prof who who knows you) in the header. Other Contacts could be included in the narrative. As an alternative Contact, you might use the payroll office, which might cover all your TA experiences. Recall that this contact is not to provide a reference, just to confirm the timeframes of involvement.

2) I disagree with using the "Tell a Story" advice. Having read many of these, it makes it sound like you had one encounter and little productivity. I prefer getting a bigger picture: knowing the activity description, what your role was, what you learned, and if there's space, what the impact was.

3) Most Meaningful entries (and the PS) are a far better place for "A story," discussing a transformative activity, and possibly mentioning future direction.

4) Correct: 9-10 activities are the average listed.

5) Call it nonclinical and let the reader decide if they think it edges on clinical based on your description.

Reactions: 1 users
I read the entire thread and have some questions. Apologies for any redundancies.

1. I saw you mention the following: If you are a strong candidate for highly-selective, stats driven med schools, then having a dedicated Leadership space is important. I have 15 activities and no dedicated leadership slot, but am not sure if I should force to create one. I multiple entries with leadership aspects embedded, here are the ones that could possibly be re-labeled/separated out:
  • 2 entries where I have been a mentor
    • Major related mentor
    • Mentor to young black men
  • Entry for non-medical/clinical job (2 year duration
    • Currently in my first year and have helped in training new employees. Will spend a significantly greater portion of my second year training/leading new recruits
    • Led research projects within the job (responsible for delegating work and managing vendors)
2. Should either of these entries be listed as honor/award (currently don’t have any listed)?
  • accepted into a support organization for promising STEM undergrads. The process required an application/interviews. We received tutoring, faculty mentorship and research stipends.
  • applied for/got a summer research program that paid two stipends, one for my lab and one for me. I received research training/mentoring and gave a poster presentation at the end (within university symposium).
3. I have 3 research entries, being a main one to describe 3 years in lab, one detailing the summer research program, and one for a journal publication (4th author).
  • Is it worth mentioning any of the following in the main "3 years in lab" post:
    • completed thesis with lab research ( transcript says that I graduated with distinction)
    • completed multiple semesters of independent study research within lab (shown on transcript for credit)
    • summer fellowship with the lab (has dedicated post already)
4. Given that I am tight for entry space, can I add 2 posters (from publications at my current job) to the undergrad publication entry? How would you suggest titling this?

5. I have ~10 in-person shadowing hours (cut due to COVID). Following this, I started virtual shadowing (~20 hours) and reached out to >40 physicians via my alumni network [most of whom I had lengthy phone calls (30 min-hour) discussing their path to medicine, specialty and more]. I currently have this all as one entry. Do you think this is okay and is there anything I should watch out for in naming/describing this?

I read the entire thread and have some questions. Apologies for any redundancies.

1. I saw you mention the following: If you are a strong candidate for highly-selective, stats driven med schools, then having a dedicated Leadership space is important. I have 15 activities and no dedicated leadership slot, but am not sure if I should force to create one. I multiple entries with leadership aspects embedded, here are the ones that could possibly be re-labeled/separated out:
  • 2 entries where I have been a mentor
    • Major related mentor
    • Mentor to young black men
  • Entry for non-medical/clinical job (2 year duration
    • Currently in my first year and have helped in training new employees. Will spend a significantly greater portion of my second year training/leading new recruits
    • Led research projects within the job (responsible for delegating work and managing vendors)
2. Should either of these entries be listed as honor/award (currently don’t have any listed)?
  • accepted into a support organization for promising STEM undergrads. The process required an application/interviews. We received tutoring, faculty mentorship and research stipends.
  • applied for/got a summer research program that paid two stipends, one for my lab and one for me. I received research training/mentoring and gave a poster presentation at the end (within university symposium).
3. I have 3 research entries, being a main one to describe 3 years in lab, one detailing the summer research program, and one for a journal publication (4th author).
  • Is it worth mentioning any of the following in the main "3 years in lab" post:
    • completed thesis with lab research ( transcript says that I graduated with distinction)
    • completed multiple semesters of independent study research within lab (shown on transcript for credit)
    • summer fellowship with the lab (has dedicated post already)
4. Given that I am tight for entry space, can I add 2 posters (from publications at my current job) to the undergrad publication entry? How would you suggest titling this?

5. I have ~10 in-person shadowing hours (cut due to COVID). Following this, I started virtual shadowing (~20 hours) and reached out to >40 physicians via my alumni network [most of whom I had lengthy phone calls (30 min-hour) discussing their path to medicine, specialty and more]. I currently have this all as one entry. Do you think this is okay and is there anything I should watch out for in naming/describing this?
1) Mentoring is considered a teaching activity, NOT leadership. Job training IS looked at as leadership, but do you have enough hours already accumulated for it to be considered significant to "Top Schools?" Leading a research team and delegating tasks while taking responsibility for and monitoring outcomes would be the stronger leadership activity. But again, do you have enough hours to create an impactful entry? Your call. If not, leave it with the affiliated Activity entry and add the leadership role to the title of the space.

2) No to both. Instead, relevant info can be included in the affiliated Research description, like mentioning a competitive process or a huge grant for a proposal you wrote. A required, noncompetitive poster presentation is not a boost to one's application.

3) Personally, I don't get excited about mention of a thesis, but other adcomms here do, You could mention it with very few words if you want to. The last two details are not of interest since you already have discussed the research that resulted.

4) See post #695 on the previous page.

5) Yes it's OK to have all of it in one entry. The title of the space might read, "Multiple Physician Contacts and Conversations: Live, Virtual, & Phone. List the phone conversations last, being sure to separate out the hours related to this latter so it's clear.

1) Mentoring is considered a teaching activity, NOT leadership. Job training IS looked at as leadership, but do you have enough hours already accumulated for it to be considered significant to "Top Schools?" Leading a research team and delegating tasks while taking responsibility for and monitoring outcomes would be the stronger leadership activity. But again, do you have enough hours to create an impactful entry? Your call. If not, leave it with the affiliated Activity entry and add the leadership role to the title of the space.

2) No to both. Instead, relevant info can be included in the affiliated Research description, like mentioning a competitive process or a huge grant for a proposal you wrote. A required, noncompetitive poster presentation is not a boost to one's application.

3) Personally, I don't get excited about mention of a thesis, but other adcomms here do, You could mention it with very few words if you want to. The last two details are not of interest since you already have discussed the research that resulted.

4) See post #695 on the previous page.

5) Yes it's OK to have all of it in one entry. The title of the space might read, "Multiple Physician Contacts and Conversations: Live, Virtual, & Phone. List the phone conversations last, being sure to separate out the hours related to this latter so it's clear.
Thanks for the quick response!

Is it possible to order the activities? Is it first entered = first on the application?

Is it possible to order the activities? Is it first entered = first on the application?
You can't determine the order in which they will be viewed by schools, so it makes no difference how you enter them into the application. Schools are able to arrange Activities by any of several parameters depending on their institutional preferences.

Some of my experience names have the organization name incorporated. For example, I have multiple entries in which I am a "mentor" and have "mentor at ABC" and "mentor at XYZ." Is it alright to use this format (even when there are not experience redundancies) or is it better to omit any mention of the organization.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some of my experience names have the organization name incorporated. For example, I have multiple entries in which I am a "mentor" and have "mentor at ABC" and "mentor at XYZ." Is it alright to use this format (even when there are not experience redundancies) or is it better to omit any mention of the organization.
Don’t you already have the organization listed in the Organization space? If possible, rather than listing it twice, maybe add more information about the targets of the mentoring? If you used something else in the Organization space, like the school name, company name, etc, then your approach is fine if you spell out what ABC or XYZ stands for.

Is it ok to use one of your hobbies as one of the 3 most meaningful activities?

I have 1 work-related (clinical), 1 volunteering-related, and was going to have my hobby of running marathons as my third most meaningful activity. (I don't run marathons for charity--mainly for enjoyment and for mental and physical conditioning). Is that OK?

Is it ok to use one of your hobbies as one of the 3 most meaningful activities?

I have 1 work-related (clinical), 1 volunteering-related, and was going to have my hobby of running marathons as my third most meaningful activity. (I don't run marathons for charity--mainly for enjoyment and for mental and physical conditioning). Is that OK?
Yes, it is.

• Love
I’m sure it’s been answered before but I haven’t had the chance to scroll through alllll of the past years’ threads. What is general consensus on the “tell a story” approach to the work/activities list? I personally find it a little tacky - sometimes you just did what you did, no profound story involved, or a little like trying too hard. I definitely plan to weave a story into my MM but trying to “story” up my experience working summer jobs during college is a little silly to me.

I’m sure it’s been answered before but I haven’t had the chance to scroll through alllll of the past years’ threads. What is general consensus on the “tell a story” approach to the work/activities list? I personally find it a little tacky - sometimes you just did what you did, no profound story involved, or a little like trying too hard. I definitely plan to weave a story into my MM but trying to “story” up my experience working summer jobs during college is a little silly to me.
use the search function magnifying glass - select "this thread", enter "activity descriptions", or "story" etc. Profit.
Or, if you had just gone up a few posts on this very page you would have seen the answer.

What is general consensus on the “tell a story” approach to the work/activities list? I personally find it a little tacky - sometimes you just did what you did, no profound story involved, or a little like trying too hard. I definitely plan to weave a story into my MM but trying to “story” up my experience working summer jobs during college is a little silly to me.
From post #709 above:
I disagree with using the "Tell a Story" advice. Having read many of these, it makes it sound like you had one encounter and little productivity. I prefer getting a bigger picture: knowing the activity description, what your role was, what you learned, and if there's space, what the impact was.
"Stories" in the MM or PS are fine by me. For general Activities, they keep you from using the space to tell us what we need to know.

Reactions: 1 users
I have several published creative writing pieces that I want to include under one entry. What should I put down as the organization name and contact?

I have several published creative writing pieces that I want to include under one entry. 1) What should I put down as the organization name and 2) contact?
1) The name if the publication or website.
2) The editor or whoever wrote you about the acceptance or yourself or a faculty member aware of the acceptances.

Alternatively, if you list this under Hobbies, you don’t need a Contact.

1) The name if the publication or website.
2) The editor or whoever wrote you about the acceptance or yourself or a faculty member aware of the acceptances.

Alternatively, if you list this under Hobbies, you don’t need a Contact.
Thanks for getting back to me; I appreciate it. There are two pieces under separate publications and I wasn't sure which publication to list as the organization. I'll just list it under Hobbies rather than Artistic Endeavors, though, to avoid this.

Thanks for getting back to me; I appreciate it. There are two pieces under separate publications and I wasn't sure which publication to list as the organization. I'll just list it under Hobbies rather than Artistic Endeavors, though, to avoid this.
Or put the second piece of information in the narrative.

Should I include activities for which my contacts don't have professional email addresses? This is just one example, but a physician I shadowed told me to include his personal gmail as a contact but won't let me add his phone number because he hates random calls. It was a significant number of shadowing hours (~50) and I want to include it, but I'm worried the lack of an organizational/professional email address makes it look shady to adcoms because those are so easily faked. Should I include it anyway? I can absolutely talk about the activity if it's ever brought up in an interview.
There’s no problem with using a personal email for a Contact. And it won’t “look shady”. I do the same so that an important email won’t sit unanswered if I’m out of town or out of the office.

Hello, I am looking to get some general feedback on my activity descriptions and I was wondering if someone could reader over them? Thanks!

I have a bunch of different physicians for shadowing, and I only want to use one box for it. Who do I list for the contact person? I have so many doctors to list that there is limited space, and I definitely don't have space to list contact info for each one in the description box. I only have space in the designated contact area

I have a bunch of different physicians for shadowing, and I only want to use one box for it. Who do I list for the contact person? I have so many doctors to list that there is limited space, and I definitely don't have space to list contact info for each one in the description box. I only have space in the designated contact area
Consider this approach: Pick 2-3 that have the most hours, or 2-3 most likely to remember you, or 2-3 most recent, or 2-3 most impactful for which to give Contact details. One will go in the header and the others in the narrative space. Be sure one is in Primary Care. Then summarize the rest as, “also shadowed 68 hours among various specialists, like (name the specialties that fit the space).”

Consider this approach: Pick 2-3 that have the most hours, or 2-3 most likely to remember you, or 2-3 most recent, or 2-3 most impactful for which to give Contact details. One will go in the header and the others in the narrative space. Be sure one is in Primary Care. Then summarize the rest as, “also shadowed 68 hours among various specialists, like (name the specialties that fit the space).”
Thank you. This is a good idea. I have enough space to do this, and I have enough space to give additional information on a few of the other doctors I shadowed. For the 2 doctors I shadowed from a long time ago, I will just combine them into a brief note, "Shadowed doctors in orthopedics for x hours" and not give contact info since this shadowing is not as relevant and I don't have the space

Thank you. This is a good idea. I have enough space to do this, and I have enough space to give additional information on a few of the other doctors I shadowed. For the 2 doctors I shadowed from a long time ago, I will just combine them into a brief note, "Shadowed doctors in orthopedics for x hours" and not give contact info since this shadowing is not as relevant and I don't have the space
Sounds good.

Hey all,

I'm filling out the ACMAS Work and Activities Section, and I had a question regarding publications. I have submitted two first-author case studies to a journal, and they have both been under peer review for over a month. I was wondering if it is okay to list group these two case studies as a single research entry under the Work and Activities section, and write in the description for both of them - "I have submitted this case report to X and Y Journal. It is under the peer review process". Hopefully, if these get accepted, then I will write update letters to all schools I am applying to inform them (with citations included).

Thanks!

I'm filling out the ACMAS Work and Activities Section, and I had a question regarding publications. I have submitted two first-author case studies to a journal, and they have both been under peer review for over a month. I was wondering if it is okay to list group these two case studies as a single research entry under the Work and Activities section, and write in the description for both of them - "I have submitted this case report to X and Y Journal. It is under the peer review process". Hopefully, if these get accepted, then I will write update letters to all schools I am applying to inform them (with citations included).
Go back to post #2, item 20 of this thread, which addresses your issue.

Should I include a summer research fellowship I was awarded in the honors/awards section or as its own activity? For reference: it wasn't any new research, it was awarded for me to continue the research project I had been conducting.

Should I include a summer research fellowship I was awarded in the honors/awards section or as its own activity? For reference: it wasn't any new research, it was awarded for me to continue the research project I had been conducting.
You could, especially if it was a highly selective process and you can give the stats on that, or if the grant was a particularly large award (not just a tuition remission). Most, however, would work mention of it into the affiliated research description.

I am listing one activity slot for all of my research experiences, of which I have several. Am I better off doing:

a. Listing the main research experience in the start date/end date/completed hours/title of experience, and then using the description box to include additional hours for the other research experiences? Like this:

Experience Name: NIH Postbacc Intramural research training award and other research experiences
Start date: August 2015
End Date: August 2022
Total hours: 10,400
Organization: National Cancer Institute
Contact info: Dr. Box, phone number, email

Description box:
NIH Post-baccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award (IRTA), NCI, Lab of Dr. Box, MD, Aug’15-Aug’20, Lab of Dr. Rectangle, MD, Aug'20-Aug'22 (10,400 hours, Full time for 5 years)

This research defined my interest in zebrafish.

University of California Summer intern program, Jun’08-Aug’08, Lab of Dr. Person (320 hours)

Undergrad research, University of Kentucky, Aug‘00-May’01, Ken Follett MD, (course credit)

Science program intern, Jun-Aug 1996, Lodiller MD Lab,(640 hours)

b. Or would it be better to use the repeat function, and list separate hours and date ranges for each experience, and then list the description as I did above but take out the dates and hours

The issue with the repeat function is that it makes me list the experiences in order from oldest to most recent. I want to highlight the most recent research experience in this activity, rather than having it listed at the bottom other the other research

Last edited:
I am listing one activity slot for all of my research experiences, of which I have several. Am I better off doing:

a. Listing the main research experience in the start date/end date/completed hours/title of experience, and then using the description box to include additional hours for the other research experiences? Like this:

Experience Name: NIH Postbacc Intramural research training award and other research experiences
Start date: August 2015
End Date: August 2022
Total hours: 10,400
Organization: National Cancer Institute
Contact info: Dr. Box, phone number, email

Description box:
NIH Post-baccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award (IRTA), NCI, Lab of Dr. Box, MD, Aug’15-Aug’20, Lab of Dr. Rectangle, MD, Aug'20-Aug'22 (10,400 hours, Full time for 5 years)

This research defined my interest in zebrafish.

University of California Summer intern program, Jun’08-Aug’08, Lab of Dr. Person (320 hours)

Undergrad research, University of Kentucky, Aug‘00-May’01, Ken Follett MD, (course credit)

Science program intern, Jun-Aug 1996, Lodiller MD Lab,(640 hours)

b. Or would it be better to use the repeat function, and list separate hours and date ranges for each experience, and then list the description as I did above but take out the dates and hours

The issue with the repeat function is that it makes me list the experiences in order from oldest to most recent. I want to highlight the most recent research experience in this activity, rather than having it listed at the bottom other the other research
Don’t use the Repeated feature.
Add hours for the course credit experience.
Add general topic of succeeding research experiences.
No need to add Doctor if MD is included (save some characters).

Don’t use the Repeated feature.
Add hours for the course credit experience.
Add general topic of succeeding research experiences.
No need to add Doctor if MD is included (save some characters).
Thanks, what do you mean "add general topic of succeeding research experiences"? Do you mean in the Main title of the activity? I was thinking of saying something like, "NIH postbac zebrafish research and other research"
Because the zebrafish research specifically is what I want to highlight and fits in with the theme of my application, want to bring attention to that.

You are suggesting I instead title it, "Succeeding research experiences"?

Also, do you know how to generally translate credit hours of research to total hours spent? 1 credit hour = how many hours of out of class work generally? I will probably just use this to define how many hours of research I did for credit

Thanks, what do you mean "add general topic of succeeding research experiences"? Do you mean in the Main title of the activity? I was thinking of saying something like, "NIH postbac zebrafish research and other research"
Because the zebrafish research specifically is what I want to highlight and fits in with the theme of my application, want to bring attention to that.

You are suggesting I instead title it, "Succeeding research experiences"?
No, I meant for you to add something in the narrative after naming each lab. One to two words could do it.
Your suggested title is fine.

Would you recommend using the repeated feature for activities since many were derailed by COVID-19 and thus were not continuous? For one of my activities, in person stuff stopped periodically but allowed for remote volunteering at other times. Would it be okay to just list the total date range and say in the description that stuff periodically stopped and started?
I worry that it will give the impression of "diluted" hours since much of the time was spent actually not volunteering due to COVID, or having limited remote volunteering during those time periods.

Would you recommend using the repeated feature for activities since many were derailed by COVID-19 and thus were not continuous? For one of my activities, in person stuff stopped periodically but allowed for remote volunteering at other times. Would it be okay to just list the total date range and say in the description that stuff periodically stopped and started?
I worry that it will give the impression of "diluted" hours since much of the time was spent actually not volunteering due to COVID, or having limited remote volunteering during those time periods.
I think it's fine to use the Repeated feature when it reflects involvement in the same activity at different times. It's also OK to use an all-encompassing date span and then putting the specific separate date spans in the explanation. You can decide which approach best represents what you want conveyed.

One of my most meaningful experiences is a job where I have been promoted twice, and I want to higlight that I have been promoted to emphasize higher responsibility and trust from my supervisors. Should I just describe this in the description, or could I write the experience name as something like:

Research tech I-->Research tech II--->Senior tech

with arrows showing that I was promoted? Or is that cringey?

One of my most meaningful experiences is a job where I have been promoted twice, and I want to higlight that I have been promoted to emphasize higher responsibility and trust from my supervisors. Should I just describe this in the description, or could I write the experience name as something like:

Research tech I-->Research tech II--->Senior tech

with arrows showing that I was promoted? Or is that cringey?
I’ve never seen arrows in a title, perhaps because this should represent one’s most formal writing. I think you could communicate the same information with “Research Positions-Including Tech 1, Tech 2, Then Senior Tech.” I worded it this way as you have other research gigs in the space which surely came with less prestigious titles that don’t need to be specified.

I think you get 60 characters for a title.

For the "Shadowing" activity, I didn't get too many actual shadowing hours because I spent a lot of paid or volunteering hours around doctors in other capacities. I have around 50 hours of dedicated shadowing time with two different family medicine D.Os. So my current idea is under the Physician Shadowing activity description to put something along the line of "I had spent thousands of hours working with medical doctors while scribing, worked alongside ER doctors at X, and I knew I would get to observe intensive care physicians while volunteering at X. In order to further broaden my perspective on the variety of ways different physicians practice medicine, I reached out to two Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine" and then list the titles, hours, and contact information of these two doctors.

Is talking about my non-shadowing activity in the shadowing activity section a bad idea? Should I just list the names and info of the doctors with no preamble? I guess I'm just a little worried both about how it would look that I only shadowed DO doctors and wanted to contextualize this. I don't want it to look like I'm primarily interested in D.O to AMCAS.

For the "Shadowing" activity, I didn't get too many actual shadowing hours because I spent a lot of paid or volunteering hours around doctors in other capacities. I have around 50 hours of dedicated shadowing time with two different family medicine D.Os. So my current idea is under the Physician Shadowing activity description to put something along the line of "I had spent thousands of hours working with medical doctors while scribing, worked alongside ER doctors at X, and I knew I would get to observe intensive care physicians while volunteering at X. In order to further broaden my perspective on the variety of ways different physicians practice medicine, I reached out to two Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine" and then list the titles, hours, and contact information of these two doctors.

1) Is talking about my non-shadowing activity in the shadowing activity section a bad idea? 2) Should I just list the names and info of the doctors with no preamble? 3) I guess I'm just a little worried both about how it would look that I only shadowed DO doctors and wanted to contextualize this. I don't want it to look like I'm primarily interested in D.O to AMCAS.
1) Since you have 50 dedicated shadowing hours (exactly the right number of hours), there's no need to refer to other physician observation time you've experienced in the same space. If you'd had less than 40 hours, I'd have supported mention of some of the scribing activity in the space (but not double counting the hours). It would still be fine for you to make brief mention of the scribing at the end of the narrative, eg, "While scribing for (?specialty) docs, I had further opportunity to observe physicians interacting with their patients in a _______ setting. This activity is described elsewhere."

2) List the name and Contact info of one of the docs in the header, and the other in the narrative.

3) MD schools don't care. If you are sensitive about it, enter Dr Maria Sebastian, Family Physician (rather than including the "DO" designation).

1) Since you have 50 dedicated shadowing hours (exactly the right number of hours), there's no need to refer to other physician observation time you've experienced in the same space. If you'd had less than 40 hours, I'd have supported mention of some of the scribing activity in the space (but not double counting the hours). It would still be fine for you to make brief mention of the scribing at the end of the narrative, eg, "While scribing for (?specialty) docs, I had further opportunity to observe physicians interacting with their patients in a _______ setting. This activity is described elsewhere."

2) List the name and Contact info of one of the docs in the header, and the other in the narrative.

3) MD schools don't care. If you are sensitive about it, enter Dr Maria Sebastian, Family Physician (rather than including the "DO" designation).
Thank you, that was very helpful. I think I will just remove the degree.

Is anyone willing to read my work/activities section? It is pretty heavy in leadership and research, and the general theme of my application is based on my interests in therapeutics. Let me know! Thanks :)

Is anyone willing to read my work/activities section? It is pretty heavy in leadership and research, and the general theme of my application is based on my interests in therapeutics. Let me know! Thanks :)
Activities review lies outside the scope of this thread. There is a post on the main forum looking for someone with whom to trade reviews, here: Feedback On My Work/Activities List

@Catalystik For someone with significant nonclinical paid employment as well as certified teaching experience, do you still recommend categorizing teaching as paid employment over teaching/tutoring/ta?