***Official April 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gujuDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the continuing spirit of the tradition started last year, we will hold this as your official countdown til score release thread. You can use this as a countdown, but may also post in here general conversation if you are just going insane over this wait. Also, this may not be an exact of when the scores will come out, but we don't know how many days before the official 60 days are over they will come out. Last year, they came out around June 15th at 10pm. But this will give us a rough approximation.

Ok, let the fun begin.........

59 days and counting........

Lets pray for all of you and for my very best roommate, and two of my other bestest friends. :D May all come with good news in the following two months.

This is for the neurotic ones who just need somewhere to vent their frustration over the wait. :p

Members don't see this ad.

How do we check our scores? Do we have to actually wait until they are mailed? Or how do we check them online.

medmom said:
How do we check our scores? Do we have to actually wait until they are mailed? Or how do we check them online.
online first, but they will mail them to you too. they tease you with messages like, "the scores will be posted in a few minutes" and "just a little longer", then they show up. that wont be for 2 months though.

Members don't see this ad :)
woohoo a few more minutes passed! we can do it we can do it 8 more weeks to go. is it odd that im more nervous after the test than before? i was in a zen like trance before it, and after i was flipping out..

nekrogg said:
woohoo a few more minutes passed! we can do it we can do it 8 more weeks to go. is it odd that im more nervous after the test than before? i was in a zen like trance before it, and after i was flipping out..

I think about 10 minutes passed:) At this rate this thread will hit around 6.02 x 10^23 messages:)

Hell, we just got out ~10 minutes ago too. 10 hours total. Took over an hour just to get started!

Siggy said:
Hell, we just got out ~10 minutes ago too. 10 hours total. Took over an hour just to get started!

Okay, I'll be the first with the obvious whine... what on Earth takes 8 weeks about grading and bell-curving scantrons? Even if there are 60,000! :scared:

-Pemberley

Pemberley said:
Okay, I'll be the first with the obvious whine... what on Earth takes 8 weeks about grading and bell-curving scantrons? Even if there are 60,000! :scared:

-Pemberley

Writing samples.
Standardizing results.
Appeals of test questions.
Writing samples.
Secure transport of exams.
Investigating "discrepancies" on test day.
Writing samples.

Nothing you can do to speed up the process. Go out and have a drink (or a few dozen) tonight. You can start worrying about your score in mid-June.

GWmdwannabe said:
Writing samples.
Standardizing results.
Appeals of test questions.
Writing samples.
Secure transport of exams.
Investigating "discrepancies" on test day.
Writing samples.

Nothing you can do to speed up the process. Go out and have a drink (or a few dozen) tonight. You can start worrying about your score in mid-June.
I wish I could tell from my forms - but honestly, I could have bombed it, could have aced it. No idea. The next 6 weeks will be hell.

Members don't see this ad :)
Siggy said:

Ohhh LOL I'm on East Coast, so its weird when I hear you guys getting out at what is like 9:30 pm here. :laugh: :laugh:

On that note, this is going to be going by Eastern time zone for those keeping up.

Napesake,

Last August, it started right away after the test. :laugh: :laugh:

Its all in fun that I put this thread up. Even if most don't say it out loud, they know in the back of their mind they are thinking about it. So I figured, why the heck not put a thread here where they can just vent if they need to if nothing else. :p

Pemberley said:

-Pemberley

Its because of the essays and then putting it into the system. Oh and the AAMC loves to torture us. :p

Oh and there are about 30,000 people in April and another 30,000 people in August. So its more like 60,000 over two administrations. I know that's probably not helping your frustrations but I thought I'd throw that out there. :laugh: :laugh:

gujuDoc said:
Oxeye,

How do you think it went???

I feel about the same as I did after all my practice tests. I dunno, I would realistically guess closer to my lower range. PS on my form was pretty intense (definitely worse than AAMC 8).

oxeye said:
Hey - does the serial number of your test correlate to the actual number of tests out there? Because mine was in the late 20,000. LOL

Damn mine was really low like 500 or something lol. Its almost day 2 woot!

oxeye said:
Hey - does the serial number of your test correlate to the actual number of tests out there? Because mine was in the late 20,000. LOL

I've wondered this my self. Hey since you are a mathematician in a sense and probably understand how to do all that n factorial stuff....

Here's a problem for you.....

There are 26 letters of the alphabet. How many 2 letter combos of the letters can you make from the alphabet, like ab ac ad ae af ag, etc.??

You cannot use the same letter twice to have something like aa either.

The answer to this math question will give you the theoretical number of forms that could be created.

oxeye said:

Oh and one more thing, speaking of serial numbers.....

My roommate's serial number was almost the same as our house address. It was kinda weird.

so 60 days wondering about 214 questions...

is anyone else screwed with everything going on with their lives?

but yeah 60 days is rough, made all the more so by the fact that its sooooooo hard to gauge how you did. like i could score anywhere from like a 7 to a 12 on any section, depending on how lucid my thought process was...

and i have no idea how i did

by the way the PS on form CQ SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!

way harder than any practice test. it was harder than the freaking kaplan physical :thumbdown:

but yeah 59 days..................... :(

^^^^^^^
wait how is there 210 questions?

77 + 77 + 60 = i coulda sworn its 214.

either im hallucinating or my math is off, two very distinct possibilities, but i still think my math is ok

EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk

What drives me insane is that my summer job starts the week before the scores come out. If I happen to do badly enough to warrant a retest I would only have 2 months to reprepare and I'd have to quit the job in the middle of orientation! Boy is that the suck? Or maybe others have it worse?

gujuDoc said:
I've wondered this my self. Hey since you are a mathematician in a sense and probably understand how to do all that n factorial stuff....

There are 26 letters of the alphabet. How many 2 letter combos of the letters can you make from the alphabet, like ab ac ad ae af ag, etc.??

The answer to this math question will give you the theoretical number of forms that could be created.

guju, you take this mcat stuff too seriously. :laugh:

STUCKinUCR said:
^^^^^^^
wait how is there 210 questions?

77 + 77 + 60 = i coulda sworn its 214.

either im hallucinating or my math is off, two very distinct possibilities, but i still think my math is ok

EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk

LOL I skipped three verbal questions and straight up guess on a PS question, So I only did 210 questions with any reasoning:)

Arsenic said:
guju, you take this mcat stuff too seriously. :laugh:

I was just messing with her cuz she's the resident mathematician. So there!!!!*Sticks out tongue at A-man like thissss :p* :laugh: :laugh:

You know ya love me, like ya love ya princess cyanide jellybeans. ;)

Actually, A-man, as I sit reading many of these posts, I'm laughing out loud a lot but think some of them I shouldn't laugh at in my posts because people might get mad at me. But I must say this forum has some very interestingly entertaining posts right now compared to the usual days of the week. :p

gujuDoc said:
Actually, A-man, as I sit reading many of these posts, I'm laughing out loud a lot but think some of them I shouldn't laugh at in my posts because people might get mad at me. But I must say this forum has some very interestingly entertaining posts right now compared to the usual days of the week. :p
i freaking LOVE the chuck norris posts. most original and entertaining idea i've seen in a while in here. great break from the usual "is it supposed to be first name then last or last name first on the admission ticket??!!? :scared: " questions.

gujuDoc said:

Not a clue .... I was a stat major but my worst grade ever in college was in probability. That's the class I remember learning that stuff .....

gujuDoc said:

:laugh: :laugh: So glad it's not just me thinking this... :laugh: :laugh:

DrVanNostran said:
Hehe:) Im coming to Tampa this June for a week!

And I'm coming to the good ol' Chi-town in early July for my family friend's wedding. He's the DO I told you about some time ago. I don't know if you recall us talking about it in one of the postbac forum threads. I'm soooooooo ready to party it up in Chi-town for 10 days and to be going to mini India aka Devon street. :D :D :D :D

Anastasis said:
:laugh: :laugh: So glad it's not just me thinking this... :laugh: :laugh:

No trust me, you're not alone. I'm just refraining from posting the smilies that exhibit my vocal response to some of the things I'm reading except where I really can't help it. :p

after four months of studying
16 full lenghts
24 Verbal sections
all the topicals
AAMC passages
the discretes and the real thing...what do we ge?t....59 days of waiting

kpatel said:
after four months of studying
16 full lenghts
24 Verbal sections
all the topicals
AAMC passages
the discretes and the real thing...what do we ge?t....59 days of waiting

It only gets worse from here. Then the applications come into place and you wait to get the secondaries. Then you wait for the interviews. Then you wait for the acceptances. Then you wait for getting in that top choice if you are not at your top choice. Then you wait for the good financial aid or scholarship offers. Then you decide and then you start med school.

gujuDoc said:
It only gets worse from here. Then the applications come into place and you wait to get the secondaries. Then you wait for the interviews. Then you wait for the acceptances. Then you wait for getting in that top choice if you are not at your top choice. Then you wait for the good financial aid or scholarship offers. Then you decide and then you start med school.

I've been through the MCAT and the application cycle once. Waiting is the worst part of the whole process. I am currently on a waitlist.

is anyone thinking of ditching the whole process and just going to the carribbean. i dont think ive ever prepared this much for a test and felt this crappy about. and it gets worse as you go over the test in your head and you second guess the second guesses you made on the exam?

is anyone like, whatever, im going to ross?

or is that just me?

btw 59 days my butt...

im predicting two and a half weeks before i go crazy

gujuDoc said:

Should be 26*25/2 = 325

(Pick any letter: 26 ways. For each letter, pick another letter different from the first: 25 ways. Number of combinations = 26*25. The divide by 2 is because the second letter MUST come after the first. I noticed from all of the threads that the second letter is always greater than the first -- you can't have AB and BA, because how could the machine tell them apart from just bubbling them in on the answer sheet, since the bubbles would be the same for both.)

gujuDoc said:

Tsk tsk, standard permutation problem of choosing 2 letters from 26 letters. 4P2 = 26!/(26-2)! = 26*25 = 650.

And if indeed the order doesn't matter and AB = BA, which is probably true, then it is simply a combination of 2 letters out of 26 = 26!/[2!24!] = 26*25/2 = 325

order didn't matter since there was no way to bubble in a specific order on the answer documents.

Arsenic said:
i freaking LOVE the chuck norris posts. most original and entertaining idea i've seen in a while in here. great break from the usual "is it supposed to be first name then last or last name first on the admission ticket??!!? :scared: " questions.

BTW, I love Chuck Norris Jokes too. The original ones that I saw and posted a long time back were the best ones. My friend had posted them on facebook and I just couldn't stop laughing. I need to find those originals and post them again in one of the Chuck Norris threads. I actually want to send them to my friend too, because she would get a kick out of them.

jota_jota said:
Should be 26*25/2 = 325

(Pick any letter: 26 ways. For each letter, pick another letter different from the first: 25 ways. Number of combinations = 26*25. The divide by 2 is because the second letter MUST come after the first. I noticed from all of the threads that the second letter is always greater than the first -- you can't have AB and BA, because how could the machine tell them apart from just bubbling them in on the answer sheet, since the bubbles would be the same for both.)

That's true, the machine wouldn't be able to tell BA from AB, so then the other thing that would have to be taken into account is that all 2 letter combos would have to be alphabetical, i.e. you could have AB but not BA.

At any rate, I was just messing around with what the theoretical number of forms could be. I don't think it really matters.

I'm sure you guys did great or near your practice range. It happens most of the time. :luck:

kpatel said:
I've been through the MCAT and the application cycle once. Waiting is the worst part of the whole process. I am currently on a waitlist.

Oh I know what you mean. I haven't been through it yet, but my friends were in that position in the 2004-2005 cycle and others this cycle. I know how hard its been on them. We used to have a poll on SDN about this whole thing, and that was the thing everyone wanted to vote for. I don't think I had remembered to make that an option in my post.

STUCKinUCR said:
is anyone thinking of ditching the whole process and just going to the carribbean. i dont think ive ever prepared this much for a test and felt this crappy about. and it gets worse as you go over the test in your head and you second guess the second guesses you made on the exam?

is anyone like, whatever, im going to ross?

or is that just me?

btw 59 days my butt...

im predicting two and a half weeks before i go crazy

Don't worry a lot of people feel the same way. You are not alone. however, if your practice scores were decent, I doubt you'd get a really crappy score. Don't worry even 35+ people often feel the same way after the test. Don't give up until you get your score back.