***Official April 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gujuDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the continuing spirit of the tradition started last year, we will hold this as your official countdown til score release thread. You can use this as a countdown, but may also post in here general conversation if you are just going insane over this wait. Also, this may not be an exact of when the scores will come out, but we don't know how many days before the official 60 days are over they will come out. Last year, they came out around June 15th at 10pm. But this will give us a rough approximation.

Ok, let the fun begin.........

59 days and counting........

Lets pray for all of you and for my very best roommate, and two of my other bestest friends. :D May all come with good news in the following two months.

This is for the neurotic ones who just need somewhere to vent their frustration over the wait. :p

Members don't see this ad.

gujuDoc said:
And I'm coming to the good ol' Chi-town in early July for my family friend's wedding. He's the DO I told you about some time ago. I don't know if you recall us talking about it in one of the postbac forum threads. I'm soooooooo ready to party it up in Chi-town for 10 days and to be going to mini India aka Devon street. :D :D :D :D

:laugh: Yeah I remember talking about that, you will have a blast. Im not sure If I told you before, but make suuuuuure you go to Tahoora. The sweets they have from their are amazing! Im gonna eat a Samosa for each day of the countdown :)

:scared: April MCAT is over but the mind games has just begun....59 days and counting. That's about 1408.5 hours, 84,510 min, 5,070,600 seconds from now. (someone check my math). The clock is ticking...

Members don't see this ad :)
yay, the countdown thread!! :D

i keep going back and forth between thinking i did ok and freaking out (b/c i thought i did ok the last time, but after going through the experience again, i know i did better this time around).

scentimint said:
yay, the countdown thread!! :D

i keep going back and forth between thinking i did ok and freaking out (b/c i thought i did ok the last time, but after going through the experience again, i know i did better this time around).
Yay - someone else with mood swings!! I feel the same way.

Anastasis said:
Yay - someone else with mood swings!! I feel the same way.

Wow, I was just so frickin' happy to be done with it that I've been in a super good mood since then. I was almost jumping up and down after the Writing Section since it was just one section left.

so today after the lovely MCAT on sat I WOKE UP FEELING LIKE SOMEONE HAS KICKED MY A** MY HEAD A FEW TIMES AND MY BACK> for some odd reason i have a bruise on my ankle. i was kicking myself during the test without knowing it!

i am really not being dramatic.. i feel my immune system just stopped working and today.. i feel like i have the flu or something!

god help me .. i think nurse practioner school sound really good right now!

runnora said:
so today after the lovely MCAT on sat I WOKE UP FEELING LIKE SOMEONE HAS KICKED MY A** MY HEAD A FEW TIMES AND MY BACK> for some odd reason i have a bruise on my ankle. i was kicking myself during the test without knowing it!

i am really not being dramatic.. i feel my immune system just stopped working and today.. i feel like i have the flu or something!

god help me .. i think nurse practioner school sound really good right now!

Thats odd, I am not feeling that well at all :confused: I been back and forth to the bathroom, bed, SDN--what a crappy day grrr.

I know the feeling. All day yesterday my stomach was repelling against me, and I'm not too sure why. I'm assuming that it was the stress making my GERD not happy so that the meds wouldn't work.

For some odd reason I woke up at 7am today and after laying in bed for over a half an hour, I decided to get up. For some reason I felt full/nauseas even though I hadn't eaten since dinner the night before and so I couldn't eat breakfast. I decided to just take a shower, and then I was back in bed and out for a few more hours. I woke up at 11 with a crazy bad headache, and was fine for most of the day. Now, I've been trying to force myself to stay awake since I've been ready to crash since 7 and I don't want to wake up superearly again.

I'm sure the sick feeling in your stomach is your nerves getting to you from stress. Last year, i was soooooooo stressed by the MCAT that by the last few weeks I would have to pee every few seconds. But after the MCAT those diuretic issues went away. So I think its the stress and nervousness that's probably getting to you guys as well.

Oh and in 2 hours you have 58 days til score release. just thought I'd throw that in there.

gujuDoc said:
I'm sure the sick feeling in your stomach is your nerves getting to you from stress. Last year, i was soooooooo stressed by the MCAT that by the last few weeks I would have to pee every few seconds. But after the MCAT those diuretic issues went away. So I think its the stress and nervousness that's probably getting to you guys as well.

Oh and in 2 hours you have 58 days til score release. just thought I'd throw that in there.

I'm sure that's what was making it worse recently. I do have acid problems that I'm taking meds for, but I was told that it would get worse with stress and PMS anyway. I think that combining the two really messed with my system. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was feeling ok after the test and couldnt remember a single question....
today I woke up and have nonstop thoughts about my questions, whether i made a mistake or not, and just kicking myself all over because I think I made too many mistakes!!! eeerrr i am freaking out and i cant do anything about it :( THE AAMC PEOPLE ARE F***ERS!

gujuDoc said:

Gujudoc just had to do it....i.e. start a countdown. I think for the aug. MCAT countdown somebody actually made a timer. Wait till it gets to the day before the scores are released. People will actually start counting seconds. Hope u guys did well.

medstu2006 said:
Gujudoc just had to do it....i.e. start a countdown. I think for the aug. MCAT countdown somebody actually made a timer. Wait till it gets to the day before the scores are released. People will actually start counting seconds. Hope u guys did well.

Yeah i'm not crazy enough to make a timer. That's just toooooo intense for me. I think being more relaxed with a once a day update is fine. :laugh: :laugh:

I think we should file a class action lawsuit against the AAMC because waiting for the MCAT score release has caused reporteted incidences of hypertension, anxiety, and a decrease in quality of life. Any takers?

ChymeChancellor said:
I think we should file a class action lawsuit against the AAMC because waiting for the MCAT score release has caused reporteted incidences of hypertension, anxiety, and a decrease in quality of life. Any takers?

On the bright side, they have finally worked towards changing this issue by moving towards CBT everywhere in the next year. They say they are going to try to make it where eventually scores will come within 2-3 weeks. That would be more like the SAT if I am remembering correctly.

Its stressful but just do something else like taking up a hobby, working on your other application stuff, etc. That will help take your mind off things.

gujuDoc said:
On the bright side, they have finally worked towards changing this issue by moving towards CBT everywhere in the next year. They say they are going to try to make it where eventually scores will come within 2-3 weeks. That would be more like the SAT if I am remembering correctly.

Its stressful but just do something else like taking up a hobby, working on your other application stuff, etc. That will help take your mind off things.

I overheard people at my test center talking about the new CBT. They were under the impression that you would get your numerical score as soon as you finished the test. I about turned aroundand told them that they need to join SDN to get their facts straight. ;)

haha, seriously though...SDN is a very good source of information (if you know how to weed out what's true and what's not true). :D

scentimint said:
haha, seriously though...SDN is a very good source of information (if you know how to weed out what's true and what's not true). :D

ya....i tended to filter out anything premed machine said :laugh:

Teerawit said:
ya....i tended to filter out anything premed machine said :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

My above response is also geared towards Oxeye's funny response to this post. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Wow..u guys do get started on the countdown early...i remember after the august mcat it drove me nuts with anticipation...i think i'll try to take a break from sdn to keep me sane!

STUCKinUCR said:
so 60 days wondering about 214 questions...

is anyone else screwed with everything going on with their lives?

but yeah 60 days is rough, made all the more so by the fact that its sooooooo hard to gauge how you did. like i could score anywhere from like a 7 to a 12 on any section, depending on how lucid my thought process was...

and i have no idea how i did

by the way the PS on form CQ SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!

way harder than any practice test. it was harder than the freaking kaplan physical :thumbdown:

but yeah 59 days..................... :(

I totally agree!!! CQ was way harder than any of the 50 million practice tests I took!!! I hope I didn't suck it up too bad!!! I don't want to go through that again!!!

So, I hd a dream last night that I was taking the MCAT!! Shouldn't I have had dreams before the test??? Anyway, I dreamt that I saw my raw score immediately with an estimated scaled score. I got like a 14 on PS and VR, and a 12 on BS. I was so excited that I was going to get a 40!!!! Anyway, then I woke up and felt crappy. Bummer of a dream right?

Only 58 more days!!!!!

jstuds_66 said:
I totally agree!!! CQ was way harder than any of the 50 million practice tests I took!!! I hope I didn't suck it up too bad!!! I don't want to go through that again!!!

So, I hd a dream last night that I was taking the MCAT!! Shouldn't I have had dreams before the test??? Anyway, I dreamt that I saw my raw score immediately with an estimated scaled score. I got like a 14 on PS and VR, and a 12 on BS. I was so excited that I was going to get a 40!!!! Anyway, then I woke up and felt crappy. Bummer of a dream right?

Only 58 more days!!!!!

You need some decaf hehe :p

So I inevitably have to ask...

What would make you retake your mcat in august?
and are you holding off on submitting AMCAS until you get your score back?

You know, I feel more stressed out after taking the MCAT than before... what's up with that?

58 days seems like a loooonnnnnng time :(

hp85 said:
So I inevitably have to ask...

What would make you retake your mcat in august?
and are you holding off on submitting AMCAS until you get your score back?
the big font makes me scared to answer this question.

jstuds_66 said:

Only 58 more days!!!!!

Yeah, I had CQ as well. It was definitely way harder than the aamc tests I took for practice.

Has anybody been able to get a specific answer (date) from AAMC about when the scores will be released? Approx. 60 days is still too general for me!

Wow, I know it's been said, but mulling over random questions that pop into my head is killing me. I wish we could at least see the answers to the test somehow (wishful thinking, I know). BTW, PS was a bit harder than usual on my form (CH), but Bio (usually my best section) was a lot harder. Plus there was an entire passage about frog pee, which at that point was just messing with my head.

tennisguy896 said:
Has anybody been able to get a specific answer (date) from AAMC about when the scores will be released? Approx. 60 days is still too general for me!

Not until you get closer to the test date.

I hate this waiting process, I keep going through every possible scenario in my head....one minute Im thinking wow I could have possibly rocked it, the next Im thinking damn should I call burger king?

Anastasis said:
The chat room - maybe not such a great idea. I keep thinking of everything I know I missed now and I'm kicking myself :barf:

Lol thats why I left, I was scared to see that I missed something. Anyways, we never know with this test hehe. Im sure you go a 33 minimum Anastasis ;)

DrVanNostran said:
Lol thats why I left, I was scared to see that I missed something. Anyways, we never know with this test hehe. Im sure you go a 33 minimum Anastasis ;)

I realize I shouldn't complain. I'm sure I did well enough to get into a Texas school which is all I'm aiming for. I just have a little voice that keeps telling me that I bombed it.

Anastasis said:
The chat room - maybe not such a great idea. I keep thinking of everything I know I missed now and I'm kicking myself :barf:

Yeah, I keep on telling myself not to check those "FORM XX" threads either.

I'm going to be stark raving mad by the time scores are released. I just went back and read threads from 6/14 and 6/15 last year. I feel sick to my stomach from their anxiety .... what am I going to be like when it's me?

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I just had to scream a little - can't do it in real life, I'll wake up the baby.

How many more days now???

oxeye said:
I'm going to be stark raving mad by the time scores are released. I just went back and read threads from 6/14 and 6/15 last year. I feel sick to my stomach from their anxiety .... what am I going to be like when it's me?

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I just had to scream a little - can't do it in real life, I'll wake up the baby.

How many more days now???

You'll survive... we did! :D

Seriously, though, I think that the waiting is by far the toughest part of the MCAT ordeal and my heart goes out to you guys. But it does pass... albeit very, very, very, very slowly.

I sometimes am so baffled at how med schools reject ppl with such stellar stats. Im not sure if anyone knows what im talking about, Im on some serious meds so disregard any nonsense that I may spill out hehe. I just want to get into one and only one allopathic school---sometimes I think I should have just worked a year and applied to around 90 lol, such as damn crap shoot.

Anyways, I stopped looking at form XX forums and attempted to stop talkin about questions, at this point not worth freaking out, whats done is done right? Anyways, this week is not a new lost, so I am bit angry right now.

Anastasis said:
I realize I shouldn't complain. I'm sure I did well enough to get into a Texas school which is all I'm aiming for. I just have a little voice that keeps telling me that I bombed it.

I bet you go to Baylor or UTSW :)