===>> OFFICIAL August 2004 MCAT Score <<===

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firebody

Banned
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
a thread for you guys to post your scores in:

Phy:
Ver:
Bio:

Total(with writing):

-additional comments:

-either just copy and paste above or enter in your numbers in that order please - you would really help us all out if you could. (please refrain from posting in this thread until scores are out in 24 MINUTES!!! AHHHH!!)

Members don't see this ad.

O GOD THANK YOU

PS 10
VR 10
BS 10

writing P

30P

my score in april was 7 PS 9 VR 9 BS

OMG IM SOOOO HAPPY 5 point IMPROVEMENT!!!!

Phy: 12
Ver: 13
Bio: 13

Total(with writing): 38L

-additional comments: I no write good, but I do everything else good.

Steiner said:
Phy: 12
Bio: 13

Total(with writing): 38L

-additional comments: I no write good, but I do everything else good.

That L is awesome, don't worry about it one bit.

Members don't see this ad :)
PS: 12
VR: 10
BS: 11
WS: P <- DAMMIT

33P.
Exact number i was hoping for, only a Q in WS would have made me so much happier. Overall, excited as hell.

hey, explodingboy, we got exactly the same score with the same breakdown and everything. yeah, i don't know what's up with that p. i've got to admit that i didn't focus too much on my ws, and my handwriting's pretty bad.

Phy: 7
Ver: 10
Bio: 10

Total(with writing): 27P

-additional comments: DAMN!!! I was hoping for a 30 and 27 was the score I told myself would be the least I would take without doing a retake. Gosh, I hope this is enough to get me in SOMEWHERE. :(

M
30M I got 30L last August... what a wasted of time.... Since I am a California residence, I guess doctor is not meant for me :(

Test Date 08/2004 (Series 28) Score Percentile

Scores:

Verbal Reasoning 10 73.7 - 87.1
Physical Sciences 09 58.9 - 71.7
Writing Sample Q 66.6 - 84.7
Biological Sciences 11 80.4 - 90.4

Total Score 30Q 78.6 - 83.0

I'll take her.. Word up.

Phy: 9
Ver: 9
Bio: 11

Total(with writing): 29O

-additional comments:

Better than last time, but my writing went down from a Q. I wonder how that will affect me. Also being just under the magic "30" or 10-10-10 - how much of a factor is that?

Members don't see this ad :)
COT DAMN!

Physical: 10
Verbal: 8 :mad:
Writing: Q

I hope my writing can even out my verbal. I HATE VERBAL!

April 2004: VR: 7 PS: 10 BS: 10 27 N

August 2004: VR: 9 PS: 10 BS: 11 30R ;)

Verbal Reasoning (VR): 10
Physical Sciences (PS): 13
Writing Sample (WS): M
Biological Sciences (BS): 12
.....35M..... :)

Phy: 11
Ver: 10

Total(with writing):
32 Q

What a relief. I'm a success story, no matter where you come from, you can study and learn this material.

I studied all summer, I did nothing but study. I graduated 4 years ago from college, I haven't taken Organic Chemistry of Physics yet, I"m taking them this year.
I nearly asked for my scores to not count. I skipped the first passage in the verbal, and had to take 5 minutes to erase and rerecord 20 quesions which I wrote down before I figured it out.
I was expecting to have to retake, but I'm satisfied. I got it.
Good luck to the rest of ya!

Physcial Sciences: 12
Verbal: 10
Biological Sciences: 11

33Q, better than I expected. this was the 3rd go, for me. I took the test 2 times before, both 3 years ago during my sophomore year. this is exciting.

P: 9
V: 11
WS: R
B: ****ing 8

28R screw me...

I've never been so pissed off in my life. How did i screw up on BIO of all things and make an 8?

PS-13 VR-13 W-S BS-12 = 38S

Congrats to everyone on the high scores. It lookes like a lot of SDNers did well. I'm just glad I have a year before I have to mess with secondaries.

Phy: 7 Ver: 12 Bio: 9

Total(with writing): 28M

-additional comments:
Ack on the physical. Oh well, it's around average for matriculants. All that matters :thumbup:

I want to shoot myself.

06 verbal
10 physical
11 bio
Q

what the hell? i hate the f-in verbal section! thats the same score i started with! :(

PS:13
VR:11
BS:13
WS:R

kinda weird about my VR...usually my strongest, but hey, i'm definitely not complaining!

best wishes to everyone...and thanks to everyone, reading this forum with all ur anxieties definitely make me feel as if I wasn't alone in being so scared.
much :love: and :luck: to all in the application process

PS: 10
V: 10
BS: 10
WS: Q

Total 30Q. I'm kind of dissapointed being that my last practice test was a 34 :/ I'm debating on whether or not its worth the hassle to take it again in April.

BS: 12
WS: S

34S

good ishh...no more worries...i hope ya'll are smooth also...i'm sure it will be aight if not though...remembz...only a number...

i gotta start doin' a ish-load of 2ndaries......

one love...

Chouster said:

V: 7
P: 13
B: 13
W: R

33R

What should I do? Retake??

My friend has an interview at Columbia with a 7V, 12P, and 11B. You're score is freakin fantastic, we're not trying to go to law school here :D. You'll be asked about it in your interview-but you'll get interviews (several)

PS:7
VR:9
BS:11
WS:O
Well I hope at least 1 school likes it because I dont ever, ever, ever want to take the MCAT again. Hope to talk to everybody again when we are all waiting for our COMLEX or USMLE scores.

August 2004

P: 11
Bio: 10
WS: T

August 2003 (26R; 9, 9, 8 R).

How I reached the double digits in PS this time, I have no idea. All I know, is that I am so #$@@ing PSYCHED that I won't have to take it again!!!

Good luck to everyone!

BH

The Remix said:
My friend has an interview at Columbia with a 7V, 12P, and 11B. You're score is freakin fantastic, we're not trying to go to law school here :D. You'll be asked about it in your interview-but you'll get interviews (several)

P-13
V-11
B-12

36R

Hoping for higher on verbal but ecstatic about the other 2!

PS:14
VR:13
BS:13
WS:O

total 40 O

omfg never in my wildest dreams did I think i would do this well :eek:
hope everyone else did well
:love: :love: :love:

PS: 11
VR: 9
Essay: S

Pretty much same as last August
PS: 11
VR: 9
BS: 11
Essay: Q

It was useless to retake.

P: 14
V: 10
B: 10
Total: 34
ws: M :(

Very happy that i retook the thing. April score was 12, 6, 10. Went up 6 points!!! woohoo :D

P: 12
V: 12
B: 11
W: N :confused:

total: 35N

I don't know what happened to my verbal score, it should have been way higher. I'm trying to decide if I should take it again in April... :(

VR: 12

Total (w/writing): 36N

I am SOOOOO happy. Last August I got a 32Q...not sure what happened with the writing, but don't really care too much. At least now I know I didn't waste my summer...YAY!!!! :D

shawty ya'head said:
WS: S

34S

good ishh...no more worries...i hope ya'll are smooth also...i'm sure it will be aight if not though...remembz...only a number...

i gotta start doin' a ish-load of 2ndaries......

one love...

LOL... are you serious? you are mad funny. :laugh:

August 2004
VR: 11
PS: 14
BS: 14

August 2000
VR: 12
PS: 13
WS: Q

a little disappointed that I went down on verbal, but I'm damn tooting about the rest!

Congrats on all the people with their scores. First post since i just found out about this site at 1pm to kill time before H-hour. Anyways:

P 10
V 10
WS 0
B 10

30O

30O. Took kaplan and it pretty much reflects my practice tests. Thoughti would do alot better on PS and the Verbal. Im applying for Fall 06 so can i get an honest opinion if its worth it to retake the test this coming april? Thanks!

First off I want to congratulate all you retakers and first time takers that did well on the test. It is well deserved. As per my own score, I won't lie, it was a bit on the low side, so I'm gonna retake in April. I don't know what came over me on test day and at first I thought it seemed a bit better than the practice tests, but I think I must have been over nervous or something.

I'm just going to give it my all with my material that I used to study for it before, and retake it April, since I plan on doing a postbac before I go to med school or a master's.

Also,

Dr. Guy,

I wanted to say that I think you made the right choice in taking the MCAT despite the fact that you already are accepted to med school. That is just AWESOME how wonderful you all did.

well, that's all for now, but I hope to have some good news in April.

Phy:10
Ver:6
Bio:9

Total(with writing):25S

Hey guys I'm a bit distressed. This was my second time taking the MCAT and I had a 10 in my last verbal!!! I also did really well in writing and my undergrad humanities grades are very good. How do med schools view this? Will they combine the highest from 2 sets of scores? I hate the MCAT!

Best of luck to everyone!

Verbal: 9
Physical: 8
Biological: 10

total: 27Q.

So yeah, i think i'm gonna be retaking it. Do you guys know if there are any schools where a score of 8 in any category would be acceptable?

And congratulations to all who took the test and did well. It certainly is no small feat.

You know there is one more thing I wanted to add. You know what really gets me, my practice tests were higher in the sciences by like 5 points. How do you end up going down from your practice tests, cuz the last 3 practice tests I took I had increased in score.

But I guess at least after a month and a half of anxiety thinking about this, I know where I stand and know what I need to do.

I think part of the reason I may not have done so well is because even though I took several practice tests, and did what I needed to, there was still a bit more I could have done and focused a bit harder, i think i would have done a tad bit better.

But I guess in the end we do what we have to do.

But as said before congrats to all the people who got high scores.

You all rock.

:)

Jbienven said:
P: 9
B: ****ing 8

28R screw me...

I've never been so pissed off in my life. How did i screw up on BIO of all things and make an 8?

I'm with you. I got a 27Q in April (10BS, 10PS, 7VR), and retook in August and got a 25Q (8BS, 9PS, 8VR). I feel like I completely shot my chances. Keep us posted on how things go. I thought the Bio was rough in August. I was also just fricken' tired as anything from the April test. Argh. Standardized tests are not my thing. 28 is still a pretty good score though. Where are you applying?

KC

MIKE G said:
COT DAMN!

Physical: 10
Verbal: 8 :mad:

I hope my writing can even out my verbal. I HATE VERBAL!

that is exactly my score. i have a 9 from aug 2003 hopefully that will be taken into consideration.
Mike- don't take it over if you were thinking about it. yeah, the 8 sucks but science is pretty solid as is writing.

Phy: 11
Bio: 12

36T

Never thought I'd get a "T" twice after 31T

Funny thing is I'm way better at physics than bio, but that section was really nasty on my form (EG) I think. MSTP, oh yeah.

29S.

Again single digit verbal :mad: , but I only realized the best way to tackle the useless section after the exam. I am still regretting spending time reading scientific journals instead of analyzing verbal. :( retaking next April. Good luck to everybody :D