===>> OFFICIAL August 2004 MCAT Score <<===

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firebody

Banned
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
a thread for you guys to post your scores in:

Phy:
Ver:
Bio:

Total(with writing):

-additional comments:

-either just copy and paste above or enter in your numbers in that order please - you would really help us all out if you could. (please refrain from posting in this thread until scores are out in 24 MINUTES!!! AHHHH!!)

Members don't see this ad.

QofQuimica said:
This is out of control. I can't sleep. I can't believe it's real. I don't even know who to tell next!

PS: 14
VR: 14
BS:15
WS: S
Total: 43S

That's easy- tell the adcom of your 1st choice school. And then say you'll be awaiting your acceptance letter in the mail :p

Reimat said:
That's easy- tell the adcom of your 1st choice school. And then say you'll be awaiting your acceptance letter in the mail :p

Heh heh, thanks. I am going to wait a year to apply actually. I am supposed to graduate in Aug. but I was worried I might need an extra semester.

kalix said:
decent decent, PS a little shakey though :sleep:

Ahhh . . . it's nice to know there's always someone out there who can find something negative to say. I am perfectly satisfied with a PS score in the 90-95th percentile (even if the other two are in the 99th percentile, the overall score is in the 99.7-99.8th percentile). Thanks for your candor, or whatever that was.

Members don't see this ad :)
browniegirl86 said:
Ahhh . . . it's nice to know there's always someone out there who can find something negative to say. I am perfectly satisfied with a PS score in the 90-95th percentile (even if the other two are in the 99th percentile, the overall score is in the 99.7-99.8th percentile). Thanks for your candor, or whatever that was.

Brownie you did awesome. What are you wanting to do? Are you interested in research or practice?

QofQuimica said:
This is out of control. I can't sleep. I can't believe it's real. I don't even know who to tell next!

Jesus H. Christ. :eek: How did you study!! If you have any pointers, please do share. And by the way, CONGRATULATIONS!

QofQuimica said:

would you be as so kind to fill out the thread i just bumped up....i know it's picky but can you be as detailed as possible. you would really do this forum a great service by doing so.....

thread name is 30+ MCAT study habits

thank you

QofQuimica said:
Brownie you did awesome. What are you wanting to do? Are you interested in research or practice?

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure you're the official MCAT slayer around here.

After doing research in various labs throughout my undergrad years, I can say very confidently that there is no way in hell's half acre that I would pursue it as a career. Practice it is!

What about you? Planning on winning any Nobel Prizes in the near future?

bebella24 said:
Jesus H. Christ. :eek: How did you study!! If you have any pointers, please do share. And by the way, CONGRATULATIONS!

Well, I mostly studied myself. And I taught a prep course. That helped a lot. I think you learn more when you teach other people.

browniegirl86 said:

After doing research in various labs throughout my undergrad years, I can say very confidently that there is no way in hell's half acre that I would pursue it as a career. Practice it is!

would you be as so kind to fill out the thread i just bumped up....i know it's picky but can you be as detailed as possible. you would really do this forum a great service by doing so.....

thank you

firebody said:

thank you

yes, if you will tell me how to find it. I'm sorry; I just joined today. My friend told me about this site and I'm still trying to find my way around

browniegirl86 said:

Well I definitely know that I want to do research. I am doing that now. Are you guys all traditional aged students or is anyone here older?

QofQuimica said:
yes, if you will tell me how to find it. I'm sorry; I just joined today. My friend told me about this site and I'm still trying to find my way around

like two or three post down....i bumped it up to the first page. title of thread "30+ Mcat Study Habits" everyone has been adding suggestions since 1 year and a half ago

Camel said:
First time posting, but I've been reading the forum for a while. I love this place :) But yeah, my score was a 38M:
14 PS
13 BS
11 VR
and an M on the writing... which is sort of odd, but I'm guessing that my horrible handwriting contributed to it (not saying that I deserved better, but hoping that I did :)).

As far as the 43 posted above, that's fantastic! Out of curiosity though, I guess this means that the stats posted for the August MCAT are rounded? According to the stats, 0% got above a 41...? Does anyone know how that works? In any case, that's sweet!

Peace.

yes it's rounded. can you and other people who have gotten over 30 on the MCAT fill out the thread 2-4 posts down.

titled "30+ Mcat study habits" you would do future test takers a great service by doing so. thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Camel said:
First time posting, but I've been reading the forum for a while. I love this place :) But yeah, my score was a 38M:
14 PS
13 BS
11 VR
and an M on the writing... which is sort of odd, but I'm guessing that my horrible handwriting contributed to it (not saying that I deserved better, but hoping that I did :)).

As far as the 43 posted above, that's fantastic! Out of curiosity though, I guess this means that the stats posted for the August MCAT are rounded? According to the stats, 0% got above a 41...? Does anyone know how that works? In any case, that's sweet!

Peace.

I think it means that less than 0.1% got that score.

firebody said:
like two or three post down....i bumped it up to the first page. title of thread "30+ Mcat Study Habits" everyone has been adding suggestions since 1 year and a half ago

I found it and I posted. But I don't know if my advice will help too many people!

QofQuimica said:
Well I definitely know that I want to do research. I am doing that now. Are you guys all traditional aged students or is anyone here older?

I'm traditional. I'll turn 21 next Thursday :)

Graduating a semester early (3 1/2 years) to actually take some time off from school before entering med school in fall of 2006.

You?

QofQuimica said:

According to the stats on the test, no one scored a 42 and above.

Care to explain?

What a long and winding road...

April 2002
Total: 20N
Physical Sciences: 6
Verbal Reasoning: 7
Biological Sciences: 7
Writing Sample: N

April 2003
Total: 25M
Physical Sciences: 8
Verbal Reasoning: 9
Biological Sciences: 8
Writing Sample: M

August 2003
Total: 26P
Physical Sciences: 8
Verbal Reasoning: 10
Biological Sciences: 8
Writing Sample: P

August 2004
Total: 31Q
Physical Sciences: 10
Verbal Reasoning: 11
Writing Sample: Q
Biological Sciences: 10

I will take it! Scoring in the 83-87 percentile is awesome in my book, and in the "real world," even if it's not so rare on SDN. :)

This should get me into my state schools at the very least. I'm so ecstatic that my hard work has finally paid off! Don't listen to the AAMC stats for retakers. If you want it, you can do it.

browniegirl86 said:
I'm traditional. I'll turn 21 next Thursday :)

Graduating a semester early (3 1/2 years) to actually take some time off from school before entering med school in fall of 2006.

You?

I am an older student (30 yo). I thought about medical school as a college student but decided to go to graduate school instead. What I should have done was an MSTP program, but I didn't know about them then. So now I want to go back for the MD.

DrBeanie said:

Care to explain?

You callin' me a liar??? :p

It must be a statistical anomaly, meaning that less than 0.1% earned those scores. Because 43's the score I got.

DrBeanie said:

Care to explain?

actually you're wrong. they round the number off when they take each score. they're are so few people that get scores higher than 41 that it comes off as 0.0%. in reality during each administration of the MCAT, around 12-18 people get scores higher than 41. there are actually several people here who post regularly that have received 43 and 42's on their MCAT. one is an 18 year old girl who took it while in HIGH SCHOOL last year...i think it WAS FOR FUN!!! she also provided proof of her score but i never doubted her as she's been a biology olympiad, math champion..etc..etc. she's pretty much the bomb diggidy if you know what i mean.....she's either a freshman at harvard or mit this year, i forget. but i know she's lurking as i saw her last log on was today...tsk tsk tsk.

ASDIC
gizmoduck
TiggidyTooth
willthatsall
JDAD
TheProwler
Clemson Doc

(sorry if I missed anyone)

WAY TO GO!!!

:thumbup: :D :clap: :horns: :hardy:

I was hoping more non-noobs would start posting their scores. This is the time of the year when all the lurkers come out of the shadows to shout their unbelievable MCAT scores from the rooftops.

I hope all you lurkers with high scores who posted in this thread stick around to contribute to SDN. I'm sure you have received a lot from SDN, and now it is time to give back :D

true dat. Hopefully with a 33 i'll be able to teach a TPR class.... mmm, 26 bucks an hour.....

I have a feeling that most of the above mentioned names will stick around anyways. They seem fairly addicted to sdn already.

Clemson Doc you are an inspiration to us all!!!!!!!!

Awesome success story, way to give it to AAMC, and all of those people who told you to give up with a 20. I wish you purely the best my friend. You were meant to be an awesome doctor!!! :)

P: 8
V: 6
WS: Q
B: 11
Overall: 25Q

Although this was my first time taking the test, I am very disappointed considering I quit my job in the summer to study for the MCAT full-time. I took Princeton Review and studied everyday (~5-6 hours) from mid-April up until 2 days before the test. This really hurts because I don't know what I will do differently when I'm studying to re-take. I took about 10 Practice tests (AAMC and TPR), studied/completed all of TPR's review books cover-to-cover (including the In-Class Compendium), completed Examcracker's 101 Verbal Passages, and even read the damn TPR Science Glossary front-to-back. My practice test average was about 28-29 and I peaked on my final test (AAMC VI) with a 31 a week before the actual test. I don't know what happened. Maybe it was nerves. Verbal was my weakest area from the start, but I'd usually get around 8-10 on the practice tests. Overall, a very demoralizing last 24 hours. Sorry, I just need to vent.

P.S. I no longer believe the hopeful saying often seen around this forum about how "People who thought they did bad, usually end up doing really well, and people who thought they did good, usually end up doing not as high as they thought". From my experience, if you felt bad coming out of the test on test day, you probably did do bad. :(

SensesFail said:
P.S. I no longer believe the hopeful saying often seen around this forum about how "People who thought they did bad, usually end up doing really well, and people who thought they did good, usually end up doing not as high as they thought". From my experience, if you felt bad coming out of the test on test day, you probably did do bad. :(

this is not true..i felt like sht when i came out and i thought i bombed the verbal section.....in the end 10 10 10 . Just try harder...i took it the first timer and for a 7 9 9. its doable :)

SensesFail said:

I agree completely. First of all, feeling like you did poorly is a totally relative term and there are numerous things that can affect such a feeling. Secondly, most people that say that just say it out of habit or whatever. How many people actually say, "I did very well on that?" I mean, come on now.

QofQuimica said:

Oh my gosh!! absolutely amazing!!! Congratulations!!! how were you doing on practice tests? How did you study? Did you think you did so well?

dnelsen said:
ASDIC
gizmoduck
TiggidyTooth
willthatsall
JDAD
TheProwler
Clemson Doc

(sorry if I missed anyone)

WAY TO GO!!!

:thumbup: :D :clap: :horns: :hardy:

I was hoping more non-noobs would start posting their scores. This is the time of the year when all the lurkers come out of the shadows to shout their unbelievable MCAT scores from the rooftops.

I hope all you lurkers with high scores who posted in this thread stick around to contribute to SDN. I'm sure you have received a lot from SDN, and now it is time to give back :D

Yeah, it's great to see all the people we have struggled with for the last 6 months finally reap the rewards of our hard work. I think it was JDAD (didn't you have a name change?) who was getting flamed a while back for saying he knew he could get a 34 if he had time to work at it, and look how it turned out. :thumbup: And Clemson Doc too, that's so awesome.

hey ms evolution, retaking really depends on what school you want to go to and what state you are from. don't be discouraged with your score. I know people that have gotten in with a 27. and your verbal score is good. congrats!

MsEvolution said:
Phy: 7
Ver: 10
Bio: 10

Total(with writing): 27P

-additional comments: DAMN!!! I was hoping for a 30 and 27 was the score I told myself would be the least I would take without doing a retake. Gosh, I hope this is enough to get me in SOMEWHERE. :(

willthatsall said:
Yeah, it's great to see all the people we have struggled with for the last 6 months finally reap the rewards of our hard work. I think it was JDAD (didn't you have a name change?) who was getting flamed a while back for saying he knew he could get a 34 if he had time to work at it, and look how it turned out. :thumbup: And Clemson Doc too, that's so awesome.

Hey Will,

I am suprised that your rememberd that. I thought about that yesterday night. I was going to post regarding that, but decided not to. Thanks for apying attention.

Here is another funny story. I created my MDapplicants profile before I even wrote the MCAT. I decided to fill in MCAT score just for fun. Well I signed on to see what I put down months ago. When I saw the score I freaked. I had filled in 11,11,Q,12. The exact same score I actually got on the real deal. Scary.

Anyway, congrats to all.

VR: 12
PR: 13
BS: 13
WS: R
Total: 38R

I'm thrilled, but not sure if this will make up for the fact that I have NO extracurrics whatsoever on my resume. I don't know what things are like in the States but up in Canada, I've heard all sorts of horror stories about ppl with almost perfect stats who got rejected for stuttering during their interview or something :rolleyes:

Congrats to everybody! Especially willthatsall and JDAD; I've been reading your posts for so long and pulling for you!

JDAD said:
Hey Will,

I am suprised that your rememberd that. I thought about that yesterday night. I was going to post regarding that, but decided not to. Thanks for apying attention.

Here is another funny story. I created my MDapplicants profile before I even wrote the MCAT. I decided to fill in MCAT score just for fun. Well I signed on to see what I put down months ago. When I saw the score I freaked. I had filled in 11,11,Q,12. The exact same score I actually got on the real deal. Scary.

Anyway, congrats to all.

Yeah man, the big reason I remember is that you were talking about how hard it was for you to study while playing baseball and I know how it is because I play basketball. Definitely hard to get stuff done during season with road trips and everything, you made the right decision to wait.

lorelei said:
Congrats to everybody! Especially willthatsall and JDAD; I've been reading your posts for so long and pulling for you!

Thanks sweetheart. I only wish it was somewhere around the same planet as yours.

I told myself I wans't going to look until after my interview on the 26th but I couldn't hold back. First time taking. No practice tests whatsosever Ack,

PS: 8
VS: 9
BS: 6 <-- :(:(:(
N

Now I'm positive I should start looking for a job since I'm graduating in December.

Stupendous said:
I told myself I wans't going to look until after my interview on the 26th but I couldn't hold back. First time taking. No practice tests whatsosever Ack,

PS: 8
VS: 9
BS: 6 <-- :(:(:(
N

Now I'm positive I should start looking for a job since I'm graduating in December.

You scored better in Vr htan me and I studied hard for it for 3 months. Should I blame mommy for not reading to me when I was little

Verbal Reasoning 08 43.0 - 57.1
Physical Sciences 14 98.2 - 99.8
Writing Sample N 29.4 - 40.1
Biological Sciences 14 99.4 - 99.9
Total Score 36N 96.4 - 97.7

Cannot complain too much since English is not my first language.

Chouster said:
You scored better in Vr htan me and I studied hard for it for 3 months. Should I blame mommy for not reading to me when I was little

Yeah but your other scores are fantastic and you'll probably get an acceptance so who cares :p. I'm really surprise by BS was that low though.

V: 14
B : 11
P : 10
WS: Q
TOTAL: 35Q :D

Wow...looking at some of these scores puts me to shame...
I am really really happy, so imagine if i got a 40 something...i'd be on my way to a hospital for the heartattack I would have suffered. Everyone did amazingly, congrats to you all.

btw: Im finding it quite ironic that im a bio major...and i ended up with a relatively low score in bio....huh.... :smuggrin:

heres mine:
BS: 13 (range in practice 11-13)
VR: 10 (range in practice 9-11)
PS: 13 (range in practice 10-13)
WS: R
Total: 36R

Can't complain. I set a pie in the sky goal of 35 at the very beginning before even looking at a book. Of course I was smacked down on my diag score of 24. In the later practices, I was averaging around 31-33 and topped out at 34 on AAMCVII. I was hoping for a >30 after walking out of that test.. so this was a pleasant surprise. I thought my heart was going to explode when i read the screen.. then i thought it might be a mistake.. Ive kept on logging on to make sure it hadn't changed for the past day..

Prep: Kaplan classroom course over the summer + used Exam Krackers. Studied about 15-30 hours a week for 2 months or so. Went through kaplan books 1x (read before classes), attended all classes, went through the EK books about 3x and did the practice problems 2x, did about 7 or 8 practice tests.

Anyway.. someone tabulate all these scores and find a SDN average.. its probably something like 33 :rolleyes:

August 2003
PS: 11
VR: 10
BS: 09
Writing: O
30 O

August 2004
PS: 11
VR: 13
BS: 11
Writing: S
35S

Comments: I was so upset after my first time taking the test. I'm not a science major so writing and VR were my two strong points. I couldn't believe I did that poorly! So I retook the Kaplan course, studied all summer, and got this. I couldn't be more happy. I think I wanted to cry when I saw the scores posted up.

Btw, hi everyone! I'm new. I just discovered this site after hearing about it on another message board. :D

silkworm said:
People have different goals and circumstances. Don't judge me by yours and I won't judge you by mine.

People do have different goals and circumstances, and I respect that. My post wasn't meant to be judgemental nor offensive... it meant to be conveyed in more of a sarcastic-joking tone. But in all honesty the whole "cry me a river" line comes into play. Psychodoc's post about score sensitivity comes into play as well.... you KNOW your 37P is amazing.... so even suggesting that it isn't good enough in any way is offensive to others. I personally am not offended by it, but I do find it ridiculous. Some / many people feel terribly about their scores, and the last thing they need is someone saying that they wanted more than an 11 in VR....

Although I can relate to what your feeling ( I am very much like this when it comes to my GPA), and I guess that I have just learned that sometimes it is best to keep things to yourself that will harm others....

To me, the whole post came off as insensitive.

ExplodingBoy said:
true dat. Hopefully with a 33 i'll be able to teach a TPR class.... mmm, 26 bucks an hour.....
They were only paying $22/hr when I got one of those jobs last year, but you have to develop a lesson plan on your own time. If you plan on sticking with it for several teaching seasons, its worth it, but otherwise it works out to considerably less than the nominal wage...