***Official Creighton Dental School Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Bump, same question as sweetpeeas. Not much discussion going on in this thread :shrug:, I find it odd since I think last year they had 3000 applicants.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i called them last week, and they said the class is full.
however those people that they haven't heard anything by now, they are on the waitlist automatically . There is a little chance for us if someone dropout. as u know interview is not required here

Members don't see this ad :)
From the letter they sent us, yes it is full. That doesn't mean people won't still retract their acceptance for another school.
this is true. i have a friend who is still considering between other schools. i've heard of someone one year filling a withdrawl spot literally the day before orientation lol.

First year curriculum is 92 hours. These are the classes for 1st year predocs at Creighton:

Behavioral Sciences
Community and Preventive Dentistry
CPR
Dental Anatomy
Dental Materials
Diagnosis/Radiology
General/Head and Neck Anatomy
Histology and Embryology
Introduction to Conducting Research
Nutrition
Occlusion
Physiology
Periodontology
can anyone(current dental student) share the detailed schedule of first year?

I just emailed creighton and this is what they said:

"There is no decision on your application at this time. I can tell you that our class is full at this time and there will be no further interview invitations issued this cycle. The Admissions Committee is working to put together a waiting list. After that, the rest of the applicants will be denied because there is no room in the class.

Regardless, when a decision has been given on your application, an email will be sent to you and your status on AADSAS will change. Just know that the status on AADSAS is always current."

SO my "Application Complete" status is always current i guess.

First year curriculum is 92 hours. These are the classes for 1st year predocs at Creighton:

Behavioral Sciences
Community and Preventive Dentistry
CPR
Dental Anatomy
Dental Materials
Diagnosis/Radiology
General/Head and Neck Anatomy
Histology and Embryology
Introduction to Conducting Research
Nutrition
Occlusion
Physiology
Periodontology
Thank you
How are the timings each day?

I had one more question. Do you or can you record the lectures? Do they allow cell phones or recorders?

Does anyone know when notifications about making the wait list go out?

I had one more question. Do you or can you record the lectures? Do they allow cell phones or recorders?

Bump on this. It's my understanding that they frown upon laptops in the classroom. Is this a strict no technology policy or are there exceptions in some circumstances. It sure would be great to be able to take notes on a tablet.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted students got an email stating the class is full, unless somebody already holding a place considers quitting.

Looking back at previous years that seems to be the message they send out but also compile a wait list. I understand the class is full but I guess I ask since my application is still complete/under review

Looking back at previous years that seems to be the message they send out but also compile a wait list. I understand the class is full but I guess I ask since my application is still complete/under review
I am sorry, i didnt mean to make any conclusions. I hope you get into your desired school. Good luck.

This ques is for current dental students
Do you have buy books to study or class material is enough?
If you buy, then can you please include the names of the books for first year?
And do you buy the latest edition?

My housemate (a second year) uses just lecture materials solely.

Has anyone else not heard anything? I am still application complete/under review and haven't heard anything since last August.

Reactions: 1 users
Haven't heard anythjng either other then when I last emailed them and was told that the class is currently full and a wait list will be issued soon

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey everyone! I'll be attending Creighton School of Dentistry. I've got a house and am looking for roommates. I've got the information below. Please contact me if you might be interested or have any questions.

House for Rent

3610 S 49th St, Omaha, NE 68106
$600/person per month or $650 with reserved garage parking.
*Includes all gas/utilities, high-speed wireless internet, snow removal, and lawn care.

2-story, 4 bedroom house with a kitchen, a living room, and a dining room. We're trying to rent it out to 2 more people (3 total people living there, including myself) and possibly use the 4th room as a study room. Each person will have their own private bathroom. There's a two-stall garage with a long driveway and street parking. Includes all the basic amenities including washing and drying, oven, refrigerator and dish washer. Nice, quiet, clean, and super safe neighborhood, huge fenced in backyard with landscaping, with both a back deck and patio area. Less than 10 minutes from the dental school by car. Guaranteed great landlord (my dad) and even better property manager (me )

I’ve included lots of pictures below as I know many of you live far away. I’m a terrible photographer though, so I’d love to have you come and check out the house for yourself. Feel free to text me, Facebook me, or email me at anytime! Thanks.

Attachments

• House Pictures.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 89
about that waitlist--anybody know when it will be going out?

about that waitlist--anybody know when it will be going out?
It took them forever.
I wonder how they can keep the class full. Im sure some pople gave out their seats after Dec but we never heard any other acceptances since then

did you interview??

I did not interview with Creighton this application cycle. This is what the email said:

"You are receiving this email because you were evaluated by the Admissions Committee at Creighton University School of Dentistry as a fully qualified applicant. Unfortunately we are not able to accommodate every qualified applicant, but all of the positions for our incoming class of 2016 were filled on December 1, 2015. Please keep in mind that the alternate list is not ranked."

I did not interview with Creighton this application cycle. This is what the email said:

"You are receiving this email because you were evaluated by the Admissions Committee at Creighton University School of Dentistry as a fully qualified applicant. Unfortunately we are not able to accommodate every qualified applicant, but all of the positions for our incoming class of 2016 were filled on December 1, 2015. Please keep in mind that the alternate list is not ranked."

wow every spot was filled on December 1st eh, what makes them think anyone will drop now

Anyone know anything going on here? Obviously with AADSAS closed there are no status updates and I haven't heard a peep

Anyone hear an update? About to apply again and still havent heard anything since last July.

Hi guys and gals! I just barely graduated from Creighton's dental school (woo hoo!!!), and I am selling my town home in Village Green. If you have a family you are taking to Omaha with you, living in Village Green is a MUST!!

My unit has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and 3 floors. Here's a link to my blog. Give me a call or email!

http://twentysix28villagegreen.blogspot.com/

Im really confused about Creighton's LOR requirements. In the supplemental application it says the third letter needs to be from a college non-science instructor, but their website says a third letter needs to be "written by an instructor in a field other than the sciences (for example employer, spiritual leader, dentist)".

I assumed a college non-science instructor meant like an English professor or something. Will a LOR from my dentist work?

Im really confused about Creighton's LOR requirements. In the supplemental application it says the third letter needs to be from a college non-science instructor, but their website says a third letter needs to be "written by an instructor in a field other than the sciences (for example employer, spiritual leader, dentist)".

I assumed a college non-science instructor meant like an English professor or something. Will a LOR from my dentist work?
I got from my dentist. I doubled check with them. But I think wherever you worked or volunteered or shadowed.

Accepted Dec 1st. Looking for a potential house mate for the fall! Shoot me a mesage here or a text at 5058507206. This room mate deal comes with a sweet cinema system for movies and music. Prefer a room mate who plans to specialize.

GPA 3.57
Science 3.51
Dat 22
Pat 22

Does anyone know if any dropped out of the 2020 graduating class?