Official "I'm panicking and I need to vent" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shamrock2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for all of you who are totally stressed thinking that you are not going to get in...that you are going to be buried by all the people with the insane stats these days and that every school is going to have a DAT average this year of 20 and a GPA of 3.5+...feel free to let off some steam...enjoy haha

Members don't see this ad.

This thread is for all of you who are totally stressed thinking that you are not going to get in...that you are going to be buried by all the people with the insane stats these days and that every school is going to have a DAT average this year of 20 and a GPA of 3.5+...feel free to let off some steam...enjoy haha

In all honesty, I don't really know why I havent heard from anywhere yet. This waiting sucks. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day! (And one more chance for me to stalk the postman....)

Apparently, I haven't slept a whole night in several weeks. I dreamt last night that it was Dec 1 and I was accepted everywhere, but didn't have any money to hold my slot. Then I was outside in the snow digging it trashcans for recyclables to sell.

Members don't see this ad :)
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Still waiting too...submitted my app late though so I think individual schools should have gotten it last week. How much longer!?!? I hope at least ONE of the 21 schools I applied to wants me!

where do you go? and what dean said that?

If your app was not complete, by end of Aug. Then there is a good chance you just missed the first group of interviews. When I say "complete" I mean everything including DAT scores.

I suggest we throw regional SDNers Parties "Predents Gone Wild"

I am available in central texas area and LA, CA as well..

Lets get drunk and forget about this waiting for a moment. :D

seriously... Anybody wanna join?

I'm in this club...

How come med schools has 43% acceptance rate and dental schools only have about 26% (4500/17000)? Do dentists make more $ than doctors or what? How come all of a sudden dentistry become so da*n popular? Why?

Blame it on the insurance companies.

Drinking with predents is the last thing you want to do. Drunken nerdy is still nerdy.

well...I'm just mad that I am having to worry that a 3.3gpa with 19AA and 19TS won't get me in. Especially when I look at school's gpa/dat avgs last year and they were lower than that! But nooo...this year it's like 3.6 with 20+ required!! I'm so frustrated that I met with the Dean of admissions last year...told me that with the gpa that I have, I needed to get 19's on DAT to get in...I did that, and now they are saying that they underestimated the increase in gpa/dat's...!!:mad: :scared: oh well...i'll just keep praying!

Did you apply to osu?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah come to Utah, we have some wicked milkshake shops. heheheh

amsie - whats mimosa?? :)

amsie - whats mimosa?? :)

sorry not amsie but a mimosa is OJ and champagne. it's okay if the OJ is good and more importantly, the champagne isn't cheap.

I'm in this club...

How come med schools has 43% acceptance rate and dental schools only have about 26% (4500/17000)? Do dentists make more $ than doctors or what? How come all of a sudden dentistry become so da*n popular? Why?

where did you get that 26% thing from? how do you know if theres going to be 17000 applicants? i dont think its that high

lol If I was there I would definetely join! :D But if you ever happen to be South FL we can party it up in South Beach ! :D

By the way... :scared: I hate waiting!!!!! ---

I know you must be stressed but also realize that the people who have interviews also have quite a few of them in some cases. I've got four, I can't go to school at all 4 so technically there are 3 more spots open....imagine the people on here who have 7,8 or 9 even....

Keep up the hope....averages won't spike that high in one year. Averages are almost always the same at everything in life.

I think 30 days after Dec 1st there should be more interviews and hope for everyone because I think you get 30 days to respond to a admissions offer (or is it 45).

But keep posting on SDN or not sleeping or whatever it takes to make it through this time in our lives....waiting sure is aweful....but better than a rejection I'd say!!

I know you must be stressed but also realize that the people who have interviews also have quite a few of them in some cases. I've got four, I can't go to school at all 4 so technically there are 3 more spots open....imagine the people on here who have 7,8 or 9 even....

Keep up the hope....averages won't spike that high in one year. Averages are almost always the same at everything in life.

I think 30 days after Dec 1st there should be more interviews and hope for everyone because I think you get 30 days to respond to a admissions offer (or is it 45).

But keep posting on SDN or not sleeping or whatever it takes to make it through this time in our lives....waiting sure is aweful....but better than a rejection I'd say!!

Very nice reasoning!! LEts stay positive! :D

where did you get that 26% thing from? how do you know if theres going to be 17000 applicants? i dont think its that high
It's just a rough estimation. Some say there were 16,000 applicants (was told from a adcom) as of the 1st of Sep. so I'm assuming there's going to be more than 16,000 by the end of this cycle.

16000 by september 1st already? that just doesnt seem right..a bit much. last year there were about 12000 i think? if it was 16000 by sept 1st then it will prob end up around 18-19000. anyone else have any info on this?

I saw this info last month and I forgot which thread I got the stat from

16000 by september 1st already? that just doesnt seem right..a bit much. last year there were about 12000 i think? if it was 16000 by sept 1st then it will prob end up around 18-19000. anyone else have any info on this?

yeah last yr was 10.6ish K people. By looking at the trend, I assumed about 12-13K people would apply this year. 16? where is that number from?

i'm down if u bring them hotties. btw... predents aren't nerds. the pre-MD/PhDs are.

What sucks even more is that I won't be part of the Dec. 1st list since I took my DAT 3 weeks ago.

Soo, some more waiting to do :mad: if I make it alive :eek: by Jan/Feb/Mar without having a heart attack through this process :scared:

Do they even exist? :rolleyes:

BTW. where r u ?? Cali?
you wanna hit some asian clubs?

lol in ktown? i'm from la.... i dont think i can unless i'm accepted. i dont feel like doing anything cuz im' so damn nervous.

yeah last yr was 10.6ish K people. By looking at the trend, I assumed about 12-13K people would apply this year. 16? where is that number from?
last year there were 12K applicants...

out of curiosity, did your guys' hearts beat fast throughout the entire DAT? it felt like i was doing heavy cardio for about 3 hrs.

out of curiosity, did your guys' hearts beat fast throughout the entire DAT? it felt like i was doing heavy cardio for about 3 hrs.

In my case, I'm never ever nervous when taking any kind of test because I go as prepare as I can :thumbup:

BuT! as soon as I sat down at the Prometric Center, my hands were sweating (They've never EVER had before! WT*), I was shaking :mad: , my heart beat was crazy :eek: ...Seriously, the WORST experience of my life on a test, but at least happy with my results :thumbup:

I was ok.. I tried to remain calm.~

Oh. bad thing.
My dad just called me and said he got a letter from UPenn for me. and it says I got rejected.
ohhhhhhhh My first rejection!
But its alrite. I am cool :cool:

In my case, I'm never ever nervous when taking any kind of test because I go as prepare as I can :thumbup:

BuT! as soon as I sat down at the Prometric Center, my hands were sweating (They've never EVER had before! WT*), I was shaking :mad: , my heart beat was crazy :eek: ...Seriously, the WORST experience of my life on a test, but at least happy with my results :thumbup:

lol. and the longest 30-60 seconds when they calculate the score, huh?

lol yeah..

I was like "Why is this computer taking so long to calculate my scores? They must be awful " (I thought this because I heard on here (SDN) that they pop up immediately) so yess...those were long seconds I guess :cool:

Yes...i ALWAYS take my shoes off during tests. I ducked under the desk and took my sweet time tieing my shoes while it was being graded...I was shaking so much it really honestly took me a minute to tie my shoes.

That was one of the most heart pounding moments of my life.

sorry not amsie but a mimosa is OJ and champagne. it's okay if the OJ is good and more importantly, the champagne isn't cheap.
Sorry, this was way back, but....you don't PARTY with a mimosa, you WAKE UP with a mimosa.:D

i know why im not getting anything...typo on my personal statement.."their" instead of "her". crappers:eek: (im clearly kidding)

jaeger bombs would make me drunky too fast. i :love: mimosas and caipiranhas and mango mojitos:D

i know why im not getting anything...typo on my personal statement.."their" instead of "her". crappers:eek: (im clearly kidding)

jaeger bombs would make me drunky too fast. i :love: mimosas and caipiranhas and mango mojitos:D
Now you're getting there. Mojitos are a nice late morning drink.;)

There were 8543 as of Sept 29th, compared to 7539 at that time last year. This is from a graph right off of AADSAS that an adcom member handed out at an undergrad meeting.

There were 8543 as of Sept 29th, compared to 7539 at that time last year. This is from a graph right off of AADSAS that an adcom member handed out at an undergrad meeting.

that's not too bad. more competition, but not an overwhelming amount.