You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013-2014**
Started by Glimmer1991
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sounds like you don't really want to go to d school.Nothing wrong with the school I just think my chances are low.
Aww hell you guys convinced me, I'll go. Maybe something good will happen. If not, every dollar I waste now will be more than made up for after d school.
Hey fellow SDNers,
First, I want to congratulate all who have been accepted into their perspective dental schools for that is an amazing accomplishment! Also, to those who have not yet heard back from d schools keep the faith bc all of your hard work and determination will pay off!
Over the cycle I have read up on all of your valuable and very helpful information about schools throughout the country. Thank you all for that. Hopefully, you guys still have some help left in the tank for me.
For me, I have been offered acceptance at Nova and BU. I have also interviewed at Maryland mid January and have yet to hear back. My question to my fellow SDNers is this: I know Maryland would be my best option to attend if accepted, but if I had to decided between Nova and BU, which school do you guys think offer a better program overall(didactic and clinically)? Do not take into account cost bc both Nova and BU are both up there. Thank you all in advance for your much appreciated help and congratulations again! - Mike
First, I want to congratulate all who have been accepted into their perspective dental schools for that is an amazing accomplishment! Also, to those who have not yet heard back from d schools keep the faith bc all of your hard work and determination will pay off!
Over the cycle I have read up on all of your valuable and very helpful information about schools throughout the country. Thank you all for that. Hopefully, you guys still have some help left in the tank for me.
For me, I have been offered acceptance at Nova and BU. I have also interviewed at Maryland mid January and have yet to hear back. My question to my fellow SDNers is this: I know Maryland would be my best option to attend if accepted, but if I had to decided between Nova and BU, which school do you guys think offer a better program overall(didactic and clinically)? Do not take into account cost bc both Nova and BU are both up there. Thank you all in advance for your much appreciated help and congratulations again! - Mike
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i just got an invite for pre view day at WesternU in LA, does any one know what is this about? I never heard anything from them, nor I have interviewed their. any suggestions?
did you at any point or time subscribe to their email list or show interest by going directly to their website and signing up to learn more?
because I've been getting those emails for years now.
Hey fellow SDNers,
First, I want to congratulate all who have been accepted into their perspective dental schools for that is an amazing accomplishment! Also, to those who have not yet heard back from d schools keep the faith bc all of your hard work and determination will pay off!
Over the cycle I have read up on all of your valuable and very helpful information about schools throughout the country. Thank you all for that. Hopefully, you guys still have some help left in the tank for me.
For me, I have been offered acceptance at Nova and BU. I have also interviewed at Maryland mid January and have yet to hear back. My question to my fellow SDNers is this: I know Maryland would be my best option to attend if accepted, but if I had to decided between Nova and BU, which school do you guys think offer a better program overall(didactic and clinically)? Do not take into account cost bc both Nova and BU are both up there. Thank you all in advance for your much appreciated help and congratulations again! - Mike
You'll probably have a lot better luck if you make a separate post about this.
no I didn't even looked at my status on their website, and I did not subscribe for anything. The actual email is from someone in recruitment department. Its interesting because the only email I had from them was back in sept for completion of secondary application.did you at any point or time subscribe to their email list or show interest by going directly to their website and signing up to learn more?
because I've been getting those emails for years now.
Make a threadHey fellow SDNers,
First, I want to congratulate all who have been accepted into their perspective dental schools for that is an amazing accomplishment! Also, to those who have not yet heard back from d schools keep the faith bc all of your hard work and determination will pay off!
Over the cycle I have read up on all of your valuable and very helpful information about schools throughout the country. Thank you all for that. Hopefully, you guys still have some help left in the tank for me.
For me, I have been offered acceptance at Nova and BU. I have also interviewed at Maryland mid January and have yet to hear back. My question to my fellow SDNers is this: I know Maryland would be my best option to attend if accepted, but if I had to decided between Nova and BU, which school do you guys think offer a better program overall(didactic and clinically)? Do not take into account cost bc both Nova and BU are both up there. Thank you all in advance for your much appreciated help and congratulations again! - Mike
I got the same email recently and probably around the same time as you.no I didn't even looked at my status on their website, and I did not subscribe for anything. The actual email is from someone in recruitment department. Its interesting because the only email I had from them was back in sept for completion of secondary application.
But I've also gotten it more than once. I don't think it means anything for the admissions process.
Invite #7
UNLV - however won't be going. Still nice to feel the love : )
UNLV - however won't be going. Still nice to feel the love : )
Interview Offer #10 - UNLV ! Where were all these invites in August/Sept, when I was panicking like a madman for not having any???
For anyone this might be useful to, I applied 2nd batch and my stats were: 4.01/4.07 sgpa/ogpa, and 21/22/17 AA/TS/PAT with slightly above average extra curriculars.
Interview Offers: (Western, USC, Michigan, UCLA, UCSF, Penn, NYU, Temple, Tufts, UNLV)
Interviews Attended: (Western, USC, Michigan, UCLA, UCSF, Penn)
Accepted: (USC, Michigan, UCLA, UCSF, Penn)
No News: (Western, Columbia, Louisville, UOP, Maryland, Boston)
Rejected No Inverview: (Midwestern-AZ, AZDOH, Harvard)
Attending: UCLA
For anyone this might be useful to, I applied 2nd batch and my stats were: 4.01/4.07 sgpa/ogpa, and 21/22/17 AA/TS/PAT with slightly above average extra curriculars.
Interview Offers: (Western, USC, Michigan, UCLA, UCSF, Penn, NYU, Temple, Tufts, UNLV)
Interviews Attended: (Western, USC, Michigan, UCLA, UCSF, Penn)
Accepted: (USC, Michigan, UCLA, UCSF, Penn)
No News: (Western, Columbia, Louisville, UOP, Maryland, Boston)
Rejected No Inverview: (Midwestern-AZ, AZDOH, Harvard)
Attending: UCLA
For anyone this might be useful to, I applied 2nd batch and my stats were: 4.01/4.07 sgpa/ogpa, and 21/22/17 AA/TS/PAT with slightly above average extra curriculars.
Don't be so modest, Entertainment 720 and Rent-A-Swag were epic endeavors.
Congrats man, you've cleaned up this cycle.
Don't be so modest, Entertainment 720 and Rent-A-Swag were epic endeavors.
Congrats man, you've cleaned up this cycle.
They woulda been better if Jean Ralphio wouldn't have wasted all our funds.
Never thought I'd be making this post but I'm SO excited that I am! 
School: Midwestern University- AZ - accepted for fall 2014!
Notification date: 01/29/2014
Method of notification: Phone Call
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: Second Batch
Application complete date: Sometime in August
GPA (science, overall): 3.49, 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19, 18, 19, 23, Yes (OChem-16)
Interview invites:
- MOSDOH (11/14/2013)
- MWU-AZ (01/29/2014)

School: Midwestern University- AZ - accepted for fall 2014!
Notification date: 01/29/2014
Method of notification: Phone Call
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: Second Batch
Application complete date: Sometime in August
GPA (science, overall): 3.49, 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19, 18, 19, 23, Yes (OChem-16)
Interview invites:
- MOSDOH (11/14/2013)
- MWU-AZ (01/29/2014)
Hey I got this email today...I was just wondering if there was any point ranking this program still:
Thank you for interviewing with the NYMC Phelps Family Medicine Residency
Program. We appreciate your interest in our program and pursuing a career in
Family Medicine.
Unfortunately, your file was not among those selected for further
consideration.
We wish you all the best during the interview season and beyond.
The NYMC Phelps Family Medicine Residency Program
Thank you for interviewing with the NYMC Phelps Family Medicine Residency
Program. We appreciate your interest in our program and pursuing a career in
Family Medicine.
Unfortunately, your file was not among those selected for further
consideration.
We wish you all the best during the interview season and beyond.
The NYMC Phelps Family Medicine Residency Program
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I got this email today...I was just wondering if there was any point ranking this program still:
Thank you for interviewing with the NYMC Phelps Family Medicine Residency
Program. We appreciate your interest in our program and pursuing a career in
Family Medicine.
Unfortunately, your file was not among those selected for further
consideration.
We wish you all the best during the interview season and beyond.
The NYMC Phelps Family Medicine Residency Program
Wrong forum haha, this is dental.
oops sorry!
Never thought I'd be making this post but I'm SO excited that I am!
School: Midwestern University- AZ - accepted for fall 2014!
Notification date: 01/29/2014
Method of notification: Phone Call
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: Second Batch
Application complete date: Sometime in August
GPA (science, overall): 3.49, 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19, 18, 19, 23, Yes (OChem-16)
Interview invites:
- MOSDOH (11/14/2013)
- MWU-AZ (01/29/2014)
Wow. You got to know right away? That's awesome!!
Wow. You got to know right away? That's awesome!!
I know! I left the interview and within 10 min I got a call with an acceptance. Words from my interviewer on the phone were "You must've really impressed the dean because he wanted me to accept you right away" ...so exciting!
I know! I left the interview and within 10 min I got a call with an acceptance. Words from my interviewer on the phone were "You must've really impressed the dean because he wanted me to accept you right away" ...so exciting!
these are the moments where rolling admissions is awesome!
rejected from Columbia (email) just now.
I know! I left the interview and within 10 min I got a call with an acceptance. Words from my interviewer on the phone were "You must've really impressed the dean because he wanted me to accept you right away" ...so exciting!
Yup, you impressed them, and they're trying to impress you back. It's rare that anybody takes the time to say, "call them back now," if they don't think you're a must have. You may have convinced your inteviewer(s) that you could be a linchpin for the class - you may have reminded them of prior students who were. Bask in it! You earned it! And thank them with your performance in the class. 😉
did this just happen to you?Aaaaand the MWU-AZ accidental-rejection-email-to-everyone saga continues…more angry replies.
No the original e-mail went out a good while ago but some of the people who got rejected in that e-mail are still replying to everyone CC'ed.did this just happen to you?
No way lol.Aaaaand the MWU-AZ accidental-rejection-email-to-everyone saga continues…more angry replies.
clearly they haven't learned Reply vs. Reply All
No the original e-mail went out a good while ago but some of the people who got rejected in that e-mail are still replying to everyone CC'ed.
Did the school never issue an apology?
Yes they sure did. That's why I'm surprised that people are still mass replying to it.Did the school never issue an apology?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What did the apology email say? Lol I'm so curious!Yes they sure did. That's why I'm surprised that people are still mass replying to it.
What did the apology email say? Lol I'm so curious!
Me too!
Just that personal contact info was inadvertently sent out to applicants, they are sorry and are committed to protecting our information, they value the applicants, sorry for the inconvenience, yadda, yadda.What did the apology email say? Lol I'm so curious!
No the original e-mail went out a good while ago but some of the people who got rejected in that e-mail are still replying to everyone CC'ed.
Are people really CC'ed, or is this a mailing list under one email address that everybody keeps replying to? Such mailing lists usually have to be screened by somebody, so I'm wondering if they just messed up with a huge CC list, or if they're messing up by not having their list setup correctly.
The large CC list is also really crazy to have in regards to privacy. A lot of those addresses can probably be used to find Facebook profiles, for example.
edit: ^ Oh, I guess they really CC'ed. Well, it's not the end of the world, anyway.
edit: ^ Oh, I guess they really CC'ed. Well, it's not the end of the world, anyway.
They forgot to BCC lol.
I'm interested in the replies. How angry were these people? How were their writing skills? This seems like it could use its own thread.Aaaaand the MWU-AZ accidental-rejection-email-to-everyone saga continues…more angry replies.
One person just reminded them how very unprofessional it was to do something like this and then someone else said how they (the applicants attached in the e-mail) "don't need Glendale anyways!".I'm interested in the replies. How angry were these people? How were their writing skills? This seems like it could use its own thread.
I don't want to but I will if I have to. So you're saying its worth it for me to go?
I just received the interview invitation today. I am an OOS and the cost to fly to this interview and stay at a hotel are high. Since it is about 2mo since acceptences began being offered, does anyone know how many spots are still open? I really can't afford to spend the money, and I don't want to waste it if the class is already almost full.
I don't think anyone can accurately tell you whether it's worth it to you, because no one really knows how full UNLV's class is or what your particular situation is. With that said, UNLV has a very hefty second deposit in April, I believe, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if people who put down the first deposit don't put down the second (if they received later acceptances or couldn't make a decision before the first one was due). I think if you interview well, you have as a good a chance as any at getting in. I don't think they would do post-December interviews if they didn't intend to extend a fair number of acceptances. But, that's just my perception. Decent hotels are also really cheap in Vegas (like $40/ night). And, for what it's worth, I am accepted at UNLV and don't have the most stellar stats. I think my interview is what got me the acceptance.I just received the interview invitation today. I am an OOS and the cost to fly to this interview and stay at a hotel are high. Since it is about 2mo since acceptences began being offered, does anyone know how many spots are still open? I really can't afford to spend the money, and I don't want to waste it if the class is already almost full.
I just received the interview invitation today. I am an OOS and the cost to fly to this interview and stay at a hotel are high. Since it is about 2mo since acceptences began being offered, does anyone know how many spots are still open? I really can't afford to spend the money, and I don't want to waste it if the class is already almost full.
If I were in a position where didn't have any acceptance anywhere, I would DEFINITELY be going. No questions asked. Even if it's expensive. If anything, it might help you get your foot in the door for next year.
There is still going to be a fair amount of movement. They probably still have spots open, but they're still going to have to look back at their rosters in April and they may see 10 people who have dropped them. Plus you will be able to get feedback about your application from an actual school who has considered you. Lastly, if you don't have any interview experience, then this will be just about worth the price of admission to get some (fast food and retail-type interviews don't count).I just received the interview invitation today. I am an OOS and the cost to fly to this interview and stay at a hotel are high. Since it is about 2mo since acceptences began being offered, does anyone know how many spots are still open? I really can't afford to spend the money, and I don't want to waste it if the class is already almost full.
Sorry this is an expensive process.
NYU rejection (third time applicant), well, I am already going to a better school !!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejection form Penn.
Interview invites from UNLV and UoP. Will turn them down.
I've been waiting for an UoP interview for a while but no words 🙁
Rejected from udm and nyu
Virginia residency here.
Received an interview at VCU on Dec 5th. Interviewed at VCU on Jan 7th. Accepted at VCU on Jan 31st.
Received an interview at Tufts on Jan 24th. Will now be declining that interview (hope this helps someone out).
Rejected from NOVA, LECOM, GRU, OSU, and Temple prior to receiving an interview at VCU.
Applied to 20 schools total.
3.1 undergrad GPA and 3.5 grad GPA (both in Biology).
21 AA, 21 TS, and 21 PAT
Cannot explain how excited I am to start dental school this fall!!!
Received an interview at VCU on Dec 5th. Interviewed at VCU on Jan 7th. Accepted at VCU on Jan 31st.
Received an interview at Tufts on Jan 24th. Will now be declining that interview (hope this helps someone out).
Rejected from NOVA, LECOM, GRU, OSU, and Temple prior to receiving an interview at VCU.
Applied to 20 schools total.
3.1 undergrad GPA and 3.5 grad GPA (both in Biology).
21 AA, 21 TS, and 21 PAT
Cannot explain how excited I am to start dental school this fall!!!
When were you rejected from udm? Have you interviewed there?Rejected from udm and nyu
Virginia residency here.
Received an interview at VCU on Dec 5th. Interviewed at VCU on Jan 7th. Accepted at VCU on Jan 31st.
Received an interview at Tufts on Jan 24th. Will now be declining that interview (hope this helps someone out).
Rejected from NOVA, LECOM, GRU, OSU, and Temple prior to receiving an interview at VCU.
Applied to 20 schools total.
3.1 undergrad GPA and 3.5 grad GPA (both in Biology).
21 AA, 21 TS, and 21 PAT
Cannot explain how excited I am to start dental school this fall!!!
First of all congratulations. Second of all I am shocked that you got flat out rejected from all of those schools. Do you have any idea why ? Maybe not enough ECs or maybe you GPA? I am a masters student as well as I will be retaking my DAT in April so I am just wondering what GPA and things they expect from us masters students compared to trad applicants
Thank you
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 79K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
Interviewing
Touro Class of 2031 Interview/Acceptance Thread
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K